Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Skill Respecs for Update 14 - 5/22

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
We want to give everyone a heads up that once Update 14 goes live on Monday, 5/22, all Champion Points will be automatically reset when you first log in. You will also have the option to respec your skill points at a reduced price of one gold per skill point spent, rather than the usual 50 gold per skill point, which will be available until the first incremental patch. Be sure and take screenshots or make notes of your current builds over the weekend as needed!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    Evocation: This is now a 2-point passive, originally 3-points. It now reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 1/2% per piece of Light Armor, down from 1/2/3%.
    Will people who already spent a skill point on the last upgrade lose a point, can somebody in the PTS check it to make sure? I know that when you cure vampirism or lycantropy you lose all of the points there, permanently.
    Should I respec before the prepatch?
    Sorry for my english.
    Edited by Borvath on May 19, 2017 2:11PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we not opt out ? I'd rather not have to go and write down what CP is where on all alts
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we not opt out ? I'd rather not have to go and write down what CP is where on all alts

Install MyBuild add-on and take screen shots.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borvath wrote: »
    Evocation: This is now a 2-point passive, originally 3-points. It now reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 1/2% per piece of Light Armor, down from 1/2/3%.
    Will people who already spent a skill point on the last upgrade lose a point, can somebody in the PTS check it to make sure? I know that when you cure vampirism or lycantropy you lose all of the points there, permanently.
    Sorry for my english.

You do not lose those points there permanently.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You won't have to, they will change a lot so the allocation will not be the same as it is now.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you <3
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for my english.
    Generally when they change specific skills/passives, they automatically refund the points for those.

Alternately, since in the LA line, a 2 point becomes a 3 point, at the same time a 3 point becomes a 2 point, said 'missing skillpoint' likely just gets shifted one to the other.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the information. I just now looked for this and found another addon, which looks like the replacement.

"My Build Continued" is a continuation of Eugene Aksenov's original "My Build" Add-on.

This is an all character's build information add-on in one window. With this add-on, You can take a screenshot of your build so you can share it with others or publish it to forums to show it off.

You can now adjust your equipment, stats, and skills on the fly with the new "Refresh Button". No need to relog to update your stats.

"My Build" window will be displayed with chat command /mybuild, or you can bind a hotkey to toggle it.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for my english.

I checked and there is no refund but it is switched with the other passive so it balances out yes. (Just went to check)

"Swapped the Evocation and Recovery passives in the Skill Line window.
    Recovery: This is now a 3-point passive, originally 2-points. It now increases your Magicka Recovery by 2/3/4% per piece of Light Armor, instead of 2/4%."
    Edited by LMar on May 19, 2017 4:06PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the information. I just now looked for this and found another addon, which looks like the replacement.

"My Build Continued" is a continuation of Eugene Aksenov's original "My Build" Add-on.

This is an all character's build information add-on in one window. With this add-on, You can take a screenshot of your build so you can share it with others or publish it to forums to show it off.

You can now adjust your equipment, stats, and skills on the fly with the new "Refresh Button". No need to relog to update your stats.

"My Build" window will be displayed with chat command /mybuild, or you can bind a hotkey to toggle it.

That's the one.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you B)
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharDump is good for getting all of your skill points to a text file: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info940-CharDump.html

I find CharDump much easier than doing screenshots.

I also like SuperStar which is very similar to MyBuild but allows you to save a template of skill points/champion points and assign them after a re-spec: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info946-SuperStar-CharacterBuilder.html
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad we got a heads up on this and I'm glad some of you have posted add-ons to help ease the pain. Thanks all!

I have many alts and I'm going to use the add-ons for sure! I'm planning on resetting all skill point on all alts taking advantage of the discounted prices. Then I'm just going to let them sit there like that until I'm ready to play them. Then the captured information from the add-ons will be invaluable.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for my english.

I would take a current screenshot of that skill showing the 3 points
    Total up all your skill points
    Come Monday, compare
    If lost - ticket

• Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone provide insite into this particular piece of Gina's update:

"You will also have the option to respec your skill points at a reduced price of one gold per skill point spent, rather than the usual 50 gold per skill point, which will be available until the first incremental patch. "

My question relates to the meaning of "first incremental patch", because I am planning on doing a skill point respec very soon anyways, and would love to try to get this done before respecs go back to 50 gold per skill point.

In general terms, how much time will I have after the 22nd to get my respec complete before the cost goes back up?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"You will also have the option to respec your skill points at a reduced price of one gold per skill point spent, rather than the usual 50 gold per skill point, which will be available until the first incremental patch. "

My question relates to the meaning of "first incremental patch", because I am planning on doing a skill point respec very soon anyways, and would love to try to get this done before respecs go back to 50 gold per skill point.

In general terms, how much time will I have after the 22nd to get my respec complete before the cost goes back up?

The first incremental patch is usually the following week. Now, that following Monday is a US holiday, so I would suspect that the first patch would either be sometime the following week May 30 or after. They might wait till the official release on the first week of June though. It could depend on how serious any issues are in live.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Given incremental patches are posted at the start of a week, you have at least one week to get reduced respecs.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda think this needs more exposure. Obviously everyone will see that the champion points are reset but will there be some info about the reduced price for skills?

Edit - I mean at login for example.
    Edited by Rouven on May 19, 2017 9:21PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for my english.

^^Please answer this one! definitely important
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That saved a lot of time and effort, thanks
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I wrong in thinking this is only for PC?

Will consoles have the same option come June?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remember only pre order pc get early access so it may be that this repeats come June 6 for all platforms.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Remember only pre order pc get early access so it may be that this repeats come June 6 for all platforms.

Everyone on PC gets the base game update (Update 14) on 5/22, which is why they are resetting CP and offering discounted respecs. It is not related to Morrowind or early access.
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking this is only for PC?

Will consoles have the same option come June?

For consoles I am sure the reset will be on 6/6 when the consoles get Update 14 (base game patch).
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will people who already spent a skill point on the last upgrade lose a point,

Of course you won't lose the skill point, ZOS wouldn't just take them away from you like that, it'll be refunded.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    where can we find the proposed changes to the various builds skill points.

tks in advance
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    where can we find the proposed changes to the various builds skill points.

tks in advance

Once PC live is updated on Monday there will be a comprehensive set of patch notes posted. But, right now you can read through each of the patch notes from the 3.0.0 up through 3.0.4 releases on the public test server. Just navigate to that forum section. Note that ZOS has said a few additional changes will come with the official release on Monday.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, thanks very much for the notice about CP reset and Skill point respec. Now, as the cheap respec is available only until the next incremental patch, and that's not a definite timeframe, please give us as much heads up as you can. We can guess, based on previous patterns, that it will be no earlier than next week, after the US holiday on Monday, but I would not bet my own money on it...my brother's, sure, just not mine. Are you able to say that the next incremental patch will not be any earlier than that?

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Sorry for my english.

ArchMikem wrote: »

Of course you won't lose the skill point, ZOS wouldn't just take them away from you like that, it'll be refunded.

The extra skill point goes into the other passive so overall the number of passives (and the skill points invested in them) are the same. (So the extra skill point from Evocation goes into Recovery)

Recovery: This is now a 3-point passive, originally 2-points. It now increases your Magicka Recovery by 2/3/4% per piece of Light Armor, instead of 2/4%."
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the ones we've currently got will be worthless after this patch .. Warlord to name but one of the most obviously nerfed-to-Oblivion .. so keeping them would be severely gimped, let alone sub-optimal.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 21, 2017 12:51PM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Sorry for my english.

ArchMikem wrote: »

The extra skill point goes into the other passive so overall the number of passives (and the skill points invested in them) are the same. (So the extra skill point from Evocation goes into Recovery)

True + agree. You can notice that easily on PTS with your characters.