Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

Heavy attacks resource restore got overbuffed

• lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why even bother with pve? Your only playing against the computer...so boring. PvP is superior. That should be the focus. Go quest for your pve...
    Edited by lunalitetempler on May 21, 2017 3:08PM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many sustain nerfs that this heavy attack resource thing evens it out. You can still bash/interrupt a heavy attack. Only thing left to change is Dark Deal, once interrupt charges resources "the sustain game" may become a thing again.

Wait, did they make heavy attacks interruptible again?

Because they haven't been interruptible for years.

Dark Exchange definitely needs to charge its cost if it's interrupted.

Lol, heavy attack isn't Interruptable, costs nothing but 1.6 to 2.3 seconds, does good damage and returns 5k+ resources.

Dark Exchange cost 3k of resources to return 4.8k of the other resource and heals. It can be interrupted. It takes up an ability slot and eats up 1.2+.2 seconds of ability time

Pretty sure heavy attack just got balanced to be better than Dark Exchange
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    with non cp BG who even cares about CP changes? Haderus going non CP. TF is next.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even bother with pve? Your only playing against the computer...so boring. PvP is superior. That should be the focus. Go quest for your pve...

Interesting you say this because the majority of players in ESO are PvE questers... so that is ZOS' focus in the game, the majority, not the vocal minority that is PvP. The same could be said for PvE 'end game'... the other vocal minority in the game.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    All these trolls that wanna see more people fall asleep playing inventory manager online, OP show some frakking mercy
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Most of pvp is *not* no cp. Most of pvp *is* CP campaigns. Now after players get tired of battlegrounds we will be back to where we are at. TF CP camps will remain the most favored. 120 long "Q" i willingly waited is just to be in that camp, i enjoy CP, as well as most players in here.

As for the sustain problem. Zeni max doesnt care about unlimited sustain, they care about actively trying to get resources back, instead of it being a braindead operation.

They want us to have to heavy attack once in awhile, and would rather that than current gameplay.

I personally have unspecced ALL sustain CP on live, and am using nothing but tenacity and resto heavies, i use five light and max magick food. My sustain still isnt unlimited, and in order for me to get there i have to use orzagas mag regen max health food. With the occasional heavy and drinks and potion i feel that things are accually the way they should be. Even on my heavy armor black rose build with zero cost reduction. I took out one point from constitution in order to get used to the changes, and it feels good.

My point is with just a teeny bit more return on heavy attack, it will be fine. Not overpowered, players will still run out of magick quite fast, now we as players just have to be mindfull of sustain.

@Baconlad

Battlegrounds: No CP
    Almalexia: No CP
    Sotha Sil: No CP
    Kyne: No CP
    Vivec: Yes CP

Seems to me that most of PvP is, in fact, non-CP.

Am I missing something?
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent read everything here, but just wanted to say that also the damage of heavy attacks got overnerfed (or the dmg of light attacks overbuffed).

DK heavy attack with molten weapons buff = 2x light attack dmg + 800 damage. Thats just wrong considering the cast time.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel