The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

sugestion to nerf nb one shot gankers

• Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/IKGzv89B7wk

As said many times in this thread being one shotted is L2B, learn to build.

Low health, low impen, no magelight, no defensive rune, you are risking your life in this way.

One shots are pretty cool and everything to watch but happens 20% of the time.

That's a min max setup using archers mind and spriggan and 1 kena.

Don't hate ganking until you try it, it's like fishing, when you want to relax in life, once in a while you kill a fish that was stupid enough to not wear impen or have low health.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 lock

This thread should´ve been locked down ages ago anyway
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @akray21
    I have zero respect for gankers. Takes no skill to stun and one shot someone that's unsuspecting

I'm a ganker. I don't need your respect, but why didn't you clean all that nasty gore off my arrows before I came to retrieve them from your corpse? Rude. Lol.

Seriously, though, in my opinion solo ganking takes WAY more skill than running in a large group just spamming abilities Willy-nilly and relying on your group to pick up any dps/heal/buff/debuff slack. How much respect should a group of 15 get for overrunning three Enemies at a resource and nabbing it? You could run naked in a mega Zerg and survive, lol. But regardless, as a solo ganker the skills required are:

- finding a location. This includes scouting the correct places to attack from, but also luring/tricking enemies into a specific place under specific conditions. Try it, it isn't easy. (Well...it's pretty easy to lure Scourge reds to their doom, but that's not my fault).

- assessing the enemy and choosing targets. I need to pick the right builds to gank, and gank them in the right way. Killing a sorc is different from killling a DK. Different builds stack different defenses. Doing this well increases the odds of a successful gank like 500%.

- timing the assault. Yes, I will kill you at an annoying moment. That it because it is a war game, and the entire purpose in a war game like this is to snipe you on your mount at exactly the right location so that when you come off it in stun, you are right next to me, whereupon I kill you. It took a lot of practice and skill to learn how to bring players off their mounts ten feet from me.

- buffing for a quick kill. People gripe about "spam." True, I kill many, many players with a focus aim, focus aim, poisoned inject combo. That doesn't mean they're the only abilities I use. I've used five others before I launched the snipe. Learning and using the mechanics so I only need one or two attack abilities isn't a lack of skill...it's the employment of skill.

- escaping. How many snares, stuns and AOEs are there in the game?? A FLIPPING TON. Lol. For pvp to stay fun, I need a certain success rate to my ganks. I need to get a successful kill no less than 1/3rd the time. But even more, I can only die like 10%'of the time or it gets frustrating. As a gankblade, I am a master of escaping and hiding, and I can infuriate people because of it. You don't see any of this process, so you don't recognize the skill involved.

For example, Nikel is enemy controlled and the porch is fully staffed with NPCs. I try a gank nearby but two enemies appear to assist my target and they all start hunting me. It is QUITE common for me to step in the direction away from the keep, then cloak, turn back while invisible, move to avoid all AOEs and other damage effects, walk THROUGH thenonco,omg human players, and continue cloaking across the enemy-infested porch to go hide on the other side. It doesn't always work, but it usually does. You try this maneuver and then tell me the build requires no skill, lol.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reefo wrote: »

Low health, low impen, no magelight, no defensive rune, you are risking your life in this way.

Don't hate ganking until you try it, it's like fishing, when you want to relax in life, once in a while you kill a fish that was stupid enough to not wear impen or have low health.

Except that isn't a good gank build...
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭

Why not?

dont include alchemist in your answer, i'd much rather have my potion after the gank to replenish magic and escape rather than for power.
    Edited by Reefo on May 26, 2017 6:33AM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @akray21
    I have zero respect for gankers. Takes no skill to stun and one shot someone that's unsuspecting

I'm a ganker. I don't need your respect, but why didn't you clean all that nasty gore off my arrows before I came to retrieve them from your corpse? Rude. Lol.

Seriously, though, in my opinion solo ganking takes WAY more skill than running in a large group just spamming abilities Willy-nilly and relying on your group to pick up any dps/heal/buff/debuff slack. How much respect should a group of 15 get for overrunning three Enemies at a resource and nabbing it? You could run naked in a mega Zerg and survive, lol. But regardless, as a solo ganker the skills required are:

- finding a location. This includes scouting the correct places to attack from, but also luring/tricking enemies into a specific place under specific conditions. Try it, it isn't easy. (Well...it's pretty easy to lure Scourge reds to their doom, but that's not my fault).

- assessing the enemy and choosing targets. I need to pick the right builds to gank, and gank them in the right way. Killing a sorc is different from killling a DK. Different builds stack different defenses. Doing this well increases the odds of a successful gank like 500%.

- timing the assault. Yes, I will kill you at an annoying moment. That it because it is a war game, and the entire purpose in a war game like this is to snipe you on your mount at exactly the right location so that when you come off it in stun, you are right next to me, whereupon I kill you. It took a lot of practice and skill to learn how to bring players off their mounts ten feet from me.

- buffing for a quick kill. People gripe about "spam." True, I kill many, many players with a focus aim, focus aim, poisoned inject combo. That doesn't mean they're the only abilities I use. I've used five others before I launched the snipe. Learning and using the mechanics so I only need one or two attack abilities isn't a lack of skill...it's the employment of skill.

- escaping. How many snares, stuns and AOEs are there in the game?? A FLIPPING TON. Lol. For pvp to stay fun, I need a certain success rate to my ganks. I need to get a successful kill no less than 1/3rd the time. But even more, I can only die like 10%'of the time or it gets frustrating. As a gankblade, I am a master of escaping and hiding, and I can infuriate people because of it. You don't see any of this process, so you don't recognize the skill involved.

For example, Nikel is enemy controlled and the porch is fully staffed with NPCs. I try a gank nearby but two enemies appear to assist my target and they all start hunting me. It is QUITE common for me to step in the direction away from the keep, then cloak, turn back while invisible, move to avoid all AOEs and other damage effects, walk THROUGH thenonco,omg human players, and continue cloaking across the enemy-infested porch to go hide on the other side. It doesn't always work, but it usually does. You try this maneuver and then tell me the build requires no skill, lol.

My first character, and main for a long time, was a NB. I know what is involved in acquiring a kill. It is all about picking the weak link; someone with low hp, someone who just got done sprinting, a straggler that his behind their group, etc. That's all, the build does the rest of the work.

I have proven way to stop gankers...
    1. Have enough HP to survive, but not too much so the ganker thinks they can secure the kill. (I have around 25k.)
    2. 7 heavy armor, all impen.
    3. Profit.

Also being a vampire helps tremendously. Vampires can break stun, cast drain (stun and health regen), and then go on the offensive.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »
    I have zero respect for gankers. Takes no skill to stun and one shot someone that's unsuspecting. I love nothing more than seeing those miserable builds fail at ganking their target.

No skill? Are you kidding?

If you ride a horse with a neon signs saying "kill me", then it's what you get.

I have moar respect for gankers than for groups of 2 or 3 hunting solo players. At least the ganker is on his own.

At least the ganker is doing his own thing and having fun. I have no respect for triple proc gankers but the builds that are well thought out and executed correctly have my respect regardless of this so called "skill" people think this game requires.

That's true, but also applies to non gankers
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    Sorry but i dont know where to post this, i ahvent found any sugestion forum, but i think NB ganking and ONE SHOTING from 100% to 0 other players WITHING the stun, without the player having time to even react and break free, not even pushing its shields and whantnot, is bad design
    The pvp is about matchign two oponents, more or less on equal grounds, any time that is possible
    Dying inside a stun from Night Blade is not pvp, is broken game mechanic and needs to be imediatly looked at, please

You fu**** leave the NBs alone pls!!!

we got nerfed pretty much already...
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not?

dont include alchemist in your answer, i'd much rather have my potion after the gank to replenish magic and escape rather than for power.

But it is literally BiS by a lot for literally any type of stam ganking... Also I wouldn't run archer's mind or spriggan with a snipe build either--if I was desperate enough to run a snipe build. The 15% crit damage is nice but not nearly as nice when your attacking from stealth with a crit modifier that is already pushing 200%. And after testing spriggan by subbing it in my setup all I could think was meh.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got ganked off my horse yesterday while I was looking at my map (should have been in sneak), a split second after my food ran out (I should have been more aware), and it was by a reasonably well known powerful player.

I still didn't get one shot. If you build your toon correctly you can eliminate 99.9% of one shots in this game.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I was told the Nightblades were dead... Is that not the case?
    Have I been deceived?

Yes you have very much. Stamblades are still tearing up Cyrodiil. And now Mageblades in Scathing Mage, are tearing up PvE content along side Mag Sorcs.

So yes Nightblades are highly viable in this game in Morrowind these days.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I was told the Nightblades were dead... Is that not the case?
    Have I been deceived?

The good ones are still dishing it out. The bad ones are here crying. Same as always.

Great vid by the way!
    Edited by Minalan on May 28, 2017 4:22PM