The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Let this thread die

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good necro. This change wasnt needed at all, i hope one day they will revert it. And hopefully we can get better bow holding and drawing animations. Like in this video from skyrim mod
    https://youtu.be/V9e0T6i8Vkw

Heck even in skyrim you can hold down your heavy attack.....
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Zaryc
    Zaryc
    ✭✭✭
    This is NOT Skyrim neither is ESO a normal RPG. It was to easy to gank with a bow back then (HA into incap) and in PvE were you suddenly needed HA's to sustain it wasn't performing well in rotations since those old HA's weren't fluid at all.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LuN4Rn0v4 wrote: »
    Yes its necro'd a little, and I haven't played in a long while, but WTF Zenimax?! I have played since Closed Beta and have loved everything about this game. I almost exclusively play bow classes in any game I play, but this "change" has completely ruined the game for me. Why would you change something that wasn't needed? The bow already has the title of worst main weapon, why would you ruin it any more? I'm probably not even gonna play for now. At least until this gets reverted back, or an option is added to revert it back.

And to anyone that doesn't understand, try going back to Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind and playing with the bow. You'll see that you CAN'T hit your target at all! The whole design of a bow is to draw, aim, THEN fire. Not draw then fire.

The use of physical weapons in this game is hardly realistic when it comes to swords, especially dual wield. And bows themselves shoot hails of arrows. So let's not cry about that.

As for game functionality -- Snipe is proving to be a better substitute for controllable heavy attacks than I feared.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 10, 2018 10:34AM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I wrote this in 2017 but never posted it.. The quality of my postings were on point back then...

From 2017****

Ummmmm ZOS? What have you done?
    First you kill my stamplar skills then you kill my awesome PVP stamplar archer.. are you trying to kill me too???

There is a high damage mechanic in the timing of a heavy bow attack that can kill a 40k + health opponent in 2 seconds, you know about this..
    Taking away the control of timing heavy attacks by making them fire when charged removes any predictability

I don't think I actually finished writing the post though...

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a toggle on off switch for this or revert it. Junk
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let this thread die
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content