The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heavy attacking is not fun. Please reconsider your changes or reevaluate heavy attacks.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion.

1. Reduce heavy attack channel by 30-50%
    2. Increase resource return from heavy attacking by 30-50%.

That's something ZoS might do.

And when they do, it' just going to make the whole heavy attack-cancelled dizzying swing-cheap ultimate combination ridiculously OP, especially in light of all the heal nerfs and upcoming defile spamming

@Joy_Division
    Well it appears that they doing exactly those two things. I guess we'll have to see if it makes that combo worse.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 13, 2017 7:28PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    If it is not fun to do heavy attack, slot some mana regen or resource reduction runes instead of damage runes then. One or the other, you cannot expect to have it both ways.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with heavy attacks not being fun, the reason they are not fun on staff and bow is they are to slow, people forget we will be mixing them up here, 2handed is very satisfying as well as dual wield, also it makes more sense to use varied attacks, yes it is fantasy but could you imagine someone just using the same basic light attack over and over while using a magic spell and only dodging here and there?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect the "stuck in heavy attack" problem to start coming up more often after Morrowind. It happens on staves, sometimes on DW too.
  • cambergang
    cambergang
    ✭✭✭
    This update with bows made really start look for other games which is sad I've played this game since day 1 on Xbox. As I play most 2h bow stam builds in pvp and that was a solid damage for my starter that is take away an 8k starting move. Key words Zos you hear in a in normal life is "its not broke so don't fix it" but is seem like you guys are just try to kill the game with half of these patch I see so many people quit this game. When people ask me if they should get ESO I say no cause all your doing is destroy what used to be a great game and new player all the ask me all the time is it worth grind in the game for stuff and it not worth cause with every patch the sets that we grinded for are completely useless. I know I'm going on a rant for more than just the problem with the bow heavy *** that never should have happened but they need to know that people quit this game cause of it and killing a great Community on this game slowly. At this point we all know your just try to sell copy's at this point but how do you think long time players of this game feel cause I know I've spent a lot of money on this game but I think in the long run you would have people stay around longer and spend more money if you got the community involved with stuff. i don't want changes to something that has been working perfect for along time just cause people complaine about it just because they don't have to skill to do anything about it personally you should have good player and casual player say why it need to be buffed, nerfed, changed, or throw out with of course with someone who plays regularly that works at zos and is a decent player that could say if the skill, passive or armour set really needed to be change because it's just really that overpowered or if it's really just that bad. But if it continues like this every game I buy I'll be making sure your company is not apart of it cause cause I don't want pointless change to stuff that work well. Thanks to all of you that read the whole rant but it needs to be said that some of use care about the state of this game get the word out
    Edited by cambergang on June 15, 2017 9:33AM