The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Vigor Nerf

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Vigor was too cheap as selfheal. ZoS knew it, many players knew it. Changing to selfheal only and reverting the cost increase does not change anything that was wrong with it.

That and it was powerful given stamina was never intended to have a self heal. But given the changes over the years, they needed something though many players were using that heal to bypass situations where the skill wasnt intended to do (it's an hot yet itwas used to single heal the player back to full, especially given the way heavy armor boosted the heal.)

Overall it was a change that was coming. Be lucky they didn't listen to us mag class tryhards otherwise you wouldn't even have it lol.

A single cast of vigor to heal you to full health would delve for 56k ... that's a 28k heal in PVP lol... ok you have no clue what your talking about....

VIGOR delves for 11k in heavy without major mending lol....you have to keep vigor going in PVP not hit it one time lol

For most NB it's around 10k

Edited by Durham on May 1, 2017 6:50PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just a nerf for individual DPS in PVE.

You think you're going to stay alive during the execute phase of the mage without the extra HoT ticks from the tank(s) firing shields + vigor? That's cute. You'll be trying to keep harness magicka up and you'll run dry and die trying to heavy attack her to death. Not to mention powerful assault is DEAD. So, no more group buffs there.

All nerfs stack. This does affect you magicka guys and gals as well.
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how bout we leave it as is.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the cost was a great change. Honestly they should reduce the amount it heals by about 2%
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dirtykdx wrote: »
    It's not just a nerf for individual DPS in PVE.

You think you're going to stay alive during the execute phase of the mage without the extra HoT ticks from the tank(s) firing shields + vigor? That's cute. You'll be trying to keep harness magicka up and you'll run dry and die trying to heavy attack her to death. Not to mention powerful assault is DEAD. So, no more group buffs there.

All nerfs stack. This does affect you magicka guys and gals as well.

Why would your two healers have problems keeping springs up on your group on the execute phase of The Mage? It's not hard to quickly swap to drain the boss, then swap back to your heal bar. Also, it's fairly easy to shoot out a couple of orbs too. And tanks will most likely be fine using vigor during that execute phase because they won't be using their stamina for anything else.
    I'm not seeing the issue here.
    Vigor is extremely powerful, and I can't say I disagree with ZoS on this part that it needed a cost increase.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Increasing the cost was a great change. Honestly they should reduce the amount it heals by about 2%

Please read the post ... they did reduce it with less major mending and champ point passives.... it's much more then 2% for me it's -37% less healing and cost 50% more ... most people haveno clue....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Please read the post ... they did reduce it with less major mending and champ point passives.... it's much more then 2% for me it's -37% less healing and cost 50% more ... most people haveno clue....

*30% more.
    And I agree, adjusting the healing is not needed with the cost increase.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they did was increase the cost. Now I get that the sustain changes are hitting everyone hard, but vigor literally costs nothing on live as it is currently.

But those cost reductions in CP are no longer available like on live and getting stamina back is a pain in butt with new passive changes . There so many changes to consider , I wish they would hold off on chopping everything until we can see exactly the effects with sustaine and cp changes before cutting a AW Skill up .
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor was too cheap as selfheal. ZoS knew it, many players knew it. Changing to selfheal only and reverting the cost increase does not change anything that was wrong with it.

That and it was powerful given stamina was never intended to have a self heal. But given the changes over the years, they needed something though many players were using that heal to bypass situations where the skill wasnt intended to do (it's an hot yet itwas used to single heal the player back to full, especially given the way heavy armor boosted the heal.)

Overall it was a change that was coming. Be lucky they didn't listen to us mag class tryhards otherwise you wouldn't even have it lol.

A single cast of vigor to heal you to full health would delve for 56k ... that's a 28k heal in PVP lol... ok you have no clue what your talking about....

VIGOR delves for 11k in heavy without major mending lol....you have to keep vigor going in PVP not hit it one time lol

For most NB it's around 10k

Ok so then if it wasn't a problem why was the cost increased? :)

Some players only used vigor ignoring similar issues players had with BoL, which was used in a similar manner as a spamable (and hence why I said it brought you back to full bar).

Similar magicka hots are run in that you ride the duration due to the costs. Having vigor run in the same intent means stamina now has to understand they have high dmg but at risk of not having a consistent strong self heal.

Edited by Minno on May 1, 2017 7:06PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »

@sodantokb16_ESO

What you're basically saying is that ZOS lied in the PTS v3.0.0 patch notes, then:
    Vigor was too cheap for an area of effect healing ability, so we’ve increased its cost so there is more of an impact to keeping the heal over time buff active.

Vigor's ticks are pretty small even when they crit.

They didn't lie. It was too cheap for AoE HoT. It would be still too cheap for single target AoE.

You can all complain whatever you want. About shields or smth, but dont tell me it was not god damn cheap skill that you could run always forever. Complain about shields if thats what your problem is with, not about deserved nerf.

@sodantokb16_ESO I didn't say anything about shields, keep your conversations straight.

And what, exactly, is a "single-target AoE?"

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

"You can all" was obviously meant at everyone not just you. And shields were example (ergo the "smth). From sentence before about AoE HoT one would guess I made error and obviously meant in the next sentence single target heal. I guess this would all require some thinking you werent capable of.
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should cost more, even without major mending its a huge heal over time. Its twice the heal of bol and enables stam users to go on the offensive. The resto heal ticks are tiny compared to vigor unless you wanna spam heals or invest heavily into cp healing. So in comparison to other heals its still a great skill for the cost.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All they did was increase the cost. Now I get that the sustain changes are hitting everyone hard, but vigor literally costs nothing on live as it is currently.

But those cost reductions in CP are no longer available like on live and getting stamina back is a pain in butt with new passive changes . There so many changes to consider , I wish they would hold off on chopping everything until we can see exactly the effects with sustaine and cp changes before cutting a AW Skill up .

Now I will agree there, they should have done more testing. However, I don't think the vigor nerf will turn out to be that catastrophic.

But yeah, ZoS didn't think a lot of things through for this patch. We'll just have to wait and see what ends up on live.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    It should cost more, even without major mending its a huge heal over time. Its twice the heal of bol and enables stam users to go on the offensive. The resto heal ticks are tiny compared to vigor unless you wanna spam heals or invest heavily into cp healing. So in comparison to other heals its still a great skill for the cost.

If tooltip says 10k over 5 seconds, that's 2k per tick. Even troll King is less heal per second lol. Extended ritual is like 1k every 2 sec with 40k mag/2k SD.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 5-6k heal that costs 4k to cast yea its a huge heal lol
    It delves for 11k in heavy ... now divide by 2 please ... stop comparing to rest staff....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If tooltip says 10k over 5 seconds, that's 2k per tick. Even troll King is less heal per second lol. Extended ritual is like 1k every 2 sec with 40k mag/2k SD.

Your comparing it to extended ritual why??????lol omg .... doesn't that also give you major mending and purge .. my stamplar i use that purging and major mending not healing..... please... and also comparing it to troll why would you do that???
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont have to give after taking. game balanced around groups not solos. Get your healing from a healer.....

shouldnt have ever given big ass heals to giant sword wielding, heavy armor, hard hitting melee classes. thats not balance.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont have to give after taking. game balanced around groups not solos. Get your healing from a healer.....

shouldnt have ever given big ass heals to giant sword wielding, heavy armor, hard hitting melee classes. thats not balance.

Lol you do know that this game is based off of a rpg.. right ... the game is designed to be played solo if wanted
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your comparing it to extended ritual why??????lol omg .... doesn't that also give you major mending and purge .. my stamplar i use that purging and major mending not healing..... please... and also comparing it to troll why would you do that???

What should I compare it to? Air?
    Those, with exception to troll King, are heals over time. Health recovery is still technically a heal over time, but not negated by defiles.

Compared to mutagen, mutagen is 14000k over 20 seconds with 40k mag 2k sd. Meaning that's 700 heals per tick on tooltip. 350 heals in cyro, babe.

Vigor can get you 1k per tick in cyro. Currently OP given 2333 stamina if you run only one piece medium.

Unless you want the heal decreased for the same cost as live? ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind most of us are talking from a PVP perspective not PVE ... in PVP it's divided x2 and you pretty much have to keep it going constantly in fights it's not as strong a heal per cast as you think ... about 5k to 7k over 5 secs .
    Edited by Durham on May 1, 2017 7:37PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind most of us are talking from a PVP perspective not PVE ... in PVP it's divided x2 and you pretty much have to keep it going constantly in fights it's not as strong a heal per cast as you think ... about 5k to 7k over 5 secs .

Name another heal that's 1k per tick that doesn't require slotting a weapon? There's legitimate reasons why the cost was increased.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol you do know that this game is based off of a rpg.. right ... the game is designed to be played solo if wanted

im not going to bother elaborating since you are clueless to what an MMO is and what this game was advertised as.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*30% more.
    And I agree, adjusting the healing is not needed with the cost increase.
    It more than 30$ with the removal of cost reduction from Cp and the change to medium armor its more than a 30% increase.You have to look at all the changes made.
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imho vigor nerf is in line with zos mentality: nerf skilled play styles so baddies can kill something without putting efforts
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Name another heal that's 1k per tick that doesn't require slotting a weapon? There's legitimate reasons why the cost was increased.

so give us please more stam heals from maybe weapons? which dont need to hit your target to give you heal like draining shot need, bloodthirst need and thats all lol, we have only rally from 2h with 500 -1k crit heals per tick and hels for 10k with crit once per 15+ seconds going on this buff and we have only vigor to this which dont need a target to heal us while after all not only you have resto staff but many of class skills are with healing based on magica ofc
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be so needed, and so awesome, if they would just make one of the vigor morphs a selfheal only, and not cost the whole world to cast it.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason to increase the cost of vigor. ...after buffing defile, increasing stam cost (nerf)... changes in healing (nerf) .
    The major mending (nerf)

Right now ...
    VIGOR costs 50% more this to much period...
    VIGOR heals for less cham point change
    VIGOR heals for less because of major mending nerf
    VIGOR heals for less because defile is more potent

That basicly affects all heals.
    And the funny thing is, damage-shields stay exactly the same.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not going to bother elaborating since you are clueless to what an MMO is and what this game was advertised as.

Nope not clueless but they did make this game to be soloable..... it's was also advertised to be able to soloed... but mute point ... going back to healing we already run 1 to 2 dedicated healers without them we lose most fights with decent setup groups ..... we run 6 to 7 with 3 to 4 stam classes ... our vigor is to weak for healing as a group...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    No reason to increase the cost of vigor. ...after buffing defile, increasing stam cost (nerf)... changes in healing (nerf) .
    The major mending (nerf)

Right now ...
    VIGOR costs 50% more this to much period...
    VIGOR heals for less cham point change
    VIGOR heals for less because of major mending nerf
    VIGOR heals for less because defile is more potent

That basicly affects all heals.
    And the funny thing is, damage-shields stay exactly the same.

But all healing cost was not increased 50% and not healing is heals over time ... we can't stack it ... if you spam it It serves no purpose....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren't you from the crowd that complains about Zerging?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    vigor is too cheap on live, even for a single target heal.
    look at the cost of magicka based heals that heal for the same amount. they are much more expensive.
    Options