Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find the Blueprint: Wood Elf Throne, Vine

CGPsaint
CGPsaint
✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen quite a few questions being asked online on various forums, as to how or where to find the blueprint for the Wood Elf Throne, Vine. You can see what this throne looks like HERE Obviously some people know, and I've even seen a couple of instances of people trying to sell the "secret." Guess what folks, the cat's out of the bag! For those of you who are interested in getting your grubby paws on this Legendary Blueprint, here you go:

Spawn Point Inside The Tree
  • Head to Elden Root, where you are going to look for Dirdelas, a Wood Elf Noble, who just so happens to be one of your targets in the Litany of Blood. Being that he's tied to a quest, he will respawn immediately, after you get done playing stick the Blade of Woe in the Wood Elf. As far as I can tell, he has a whopping two spawn points.
  • The first spawn point is inside the ground level of the tree, as seen below:

iIBrwrh.png
  • After spawning, he walks out of the main doors from upstairs, and walks clockwise towards the Achievement Furnisher, where he sits down and loiters for a minute with a Priestess. There is a guard that patrols this immediate area.
  • He then continues walking clockwise past the Shrines, and heads out of the tree, towards the Great Tree Stables. As you exit the tree, there will be a guard on the immediate left, and another a short distance down on the right. These two guards patrol away from the tree, and back again.
  • He seems to be heading straight down the path, however he will veer off the path to the right, for a sip of puddle water, (filthy Bosmer...) as seen below:

2YZeEZQ.png
  • Once he's slaked his thirst, he continues towards the Great Tree Stables, which he passes on the left, before heading to the water's edge for a bit of fishing. There's a single guard that patrols between the stables and the Outside Inn. He will also stop for a short while down near the water, near where Dirdelas is fishing.

NOTES
  • There are plenty of chances for the 1st & 2nd pickpocket attempts.
  • The best opportunity for using your Blade of Woe unseen, is when he stops to fish.

Spawn Point at The Outside Inn
  • There are two ways that Dirdelas spawns at The Outside Inn. If he does not walk outside, then you can enter and you will find him loitering inside. You can pickpocket and kill him inside the inn, however this will result in a 1K-2K bounty. If/when he leaves the inn, he will disappear and will generally respawn inside the tree. If you choose to pickpocket inside of the inn, then the next time he respawns, he will most likely be empty, and you will have to kill him anyways.
  • When he spawns and walks out of The Outside Inn, he will follow the route as seen below:

uvflvgr.png

There is a single guard that patrols between the inn and the stable.

1. ) Solid Line - He walks down the ramp and to the right, where he purchases a refreshing beverage.

2.) Dashed Line - He takes said refreshing beverage back up the ramp, where he loiters for a minute or two listening to a bit of music.

3.) Dotted Line - He walks down the ramp and heads to the left to pet a horse. He then heads back up the path towards the Wayshrine.

NOTES
  • There are plenty of opportunities on the 1st and 2nd paths, to complete the 1st & 2nd pickpocket attempts.
  • The best opportunity for using your Blade of Woe unseen, is around the middle of the path between the road and the tree. Keep an eye on the guards though, as you do run the risk of falling in sync with their set patrol. If this happens, wait until you go up the steps back into the tree, and you will have a short window before he heads to the left towards the Elden Tree Armory.

I tried to make this as clear as possible, however you can leave questions in the comments, and I'll get back to you. I'm also working on a guide for acquiring the Breton Throne, which is not quite as tedious as this grind.

Now get out there, and happy hunting!
Edited by CGPsaint on May 1, 2017 2:57PM
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    So... furnishing plan drops are not random? Why would this particular plan drop from this particular npc? I'm a bit confused.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting
  • grumpybird
    grumpybird
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much for this :)
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that NPC would never be alive more than 5 seconds and ppl would kill him even with guards around.
    Nice job man!
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawst wrote: »
    So... furnishing plan drops are not random? Why would this particular plan drop from this particular npc? I'm a bit confused.

It doesn't drop only from this particular NPC. Simply its easiest to farm this particular NPC over random Noble class citizens whose respawn timer is less predictable.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on May 2, 2017 12:35PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tnx for the info :)

now if ever this maintenance ends sometime,will check it out
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• grumpybird
    grumpybird
    ✭✭
    This is great info, thanks again.
    I started a thread to share info about other items/blueprints you can pickpocket here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/341078/pickpocketing-furnishings-and-blueprints#latest
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sir, are a legend. My wife will be pleased to know this as she's wanted the throne for ages :P
  • PaigeEvenstar
    PaigeEvenstar
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

together with 200 others methinks... im gonna wait at the stables and look for the mob of 200 sneaking players following dirdelas :) ROFL
    ~No matter how fast the light thinks it is going, on arrival it always finds the darkness has gotten there first.~
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lololol
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know each city has like x3 Noble NPC's right? Why did you make this post and now new players who want the litany costume will struggle to get it...

(see sig why I care)
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Lafemmina
    Lafemmina
    ✭✭
    Pickpocketing as a mob isn't too hard if everyone's courteous, if you've picked his pocket your technically involved in the assault. So if someone runs up and kills him anyone who has picked his pocket will get the loot when he dies. :)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawst wrote: »

It's not a matter of dropping from this particular NPC, so much as the fact that Dirdelas has set routes, and will respawn instantly upon death. It's simply the easiest way that I've found for farming this Blueprint.
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Now that NPC would never be alive more than 5 seconds and ppl would kill him even with guards around.
    Nice job man!

I posted this a day ago and there has been an uptick in traffic to that area, however from what I've seen people are not being *** about farming Dirdelas. Even if they do, he respawns instantly, or you can travel out of zone and back to try and land in a different instance.
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    You sir, are a legend. My wife will be pleased to know this as she's wanted the throne for ages :P

Leroy Jenkins is a legend! I'm just a guy who wants to spread some love to the community!

method__01 wrote: »

together with 200 others methinks... im gonna wait at the stables and look for the mob of 200 sneaking players following dirdelas :) ROFL

Dirdelas is a filthy Bosmer anyways, so he's just getting what's coming to him!
    Duiwel wrote: »
    You know each city has like x3 Noble NPC's right? Why did you make this post and now new players who want the litany costume will struggle to get it...

(see sig why I care)

I seriously doubt that this will in any way, shape, or form impact people trying to earn the Litany of Blood outfit. He literally respawns immediately upon death.
    Lafemmina wrote: »
    Pickpocketing as a mob isn't too hard if everyone's courteous, if you've picked his pocket your technically involved in the assault. So if someone runs up and kills him anyone who has picked his pocket will get the loot when he dies. :)

This all day long. I've seen quite a few groups working together to farm this item, and if done properly, then ONLY the person killing is at risk of being caught, and everyone else who has stolen from him, is free to loot the corpse with less risk.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great one, i already have this throne recipe but this will help many, especially how ZOS refuses to provide any clear information on where to find things.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pickpocketing him is extremely difficult for me :( there are ton of NPCs around him all the time, no matter where he goes. Even when I have 90% chance to pickpocket him, he always sees me somehow (and I'm doing this on magblade vampire with maxed legerdemain, DB and TG). Are there any other nobles in Elden Root which are in less populated areas?
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the same for each race's throne? So, if I wanted a Nord throne, I just need to find a good Noble Nord to pickpocket a bunch, etc?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Is this the same for each race's throne? So, if I wanted a Nord throne, I just need to find a good Noble Nord to pickpocket a bunch, etc?

Yeah, but I'm not sure, off hand, if every race has a throne. I know there's a breton throne, and the wood elf one, obviously. I think there's also a high elf, and orcish one. I don't know about Nord, though.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great one, i already have this throne recipe but this will help many, especially how ZOS refuses to provide any clear information on where to find things.

There are quite a few furnishing plans that I would love a clearcut answer as to whether or not they are actually available in game, but I'm fairly certain that ZOS is going to remain mum on the issue.
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Pickpocketing him is extremely difficult for me :( there are ton of NPCs around him all the time, no matter where he goes. Even when I have 90% chance to pickpocket him, he always sees me somehow (and I'm doing this on magblade vampire with maxed legerdemain, DB and TG). Are there any other nobles in Elden Root which are in less populated areas?

If you follow my guide, it shows you the routes that he walks. You just need to get use to those routes and learn where you can and cannot attempt to pickpocket, and more importantly, where you can and cannot use the Blade of Woe. Sure, I failed plenty at 90% and 75% chance, as I think that those tooltip chances are meaningless, however I succeeded more than I failed, and ultimately I was able to loot the recipe. Persistence is the key!
    Avalon wrote: »

At this point, this does not appear to be the case. You can loot Wood Elf Thrones from Nobles in Grahtwood, Breton Thrones from Nobles in Wayrest, and Orcish Thrones from Nobles in Orsinium. I have heard reports from people that they were able to loot the Throne Plans from Nobles elsewhere within those particular zones, however I cannot confirm personally.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a compilation of the guides on hard-to-find furniture schems out there somewhere?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you all know, those who really want the throne. You cannot sit on it. It's just decor.

To get around it I had to lower the throne right to the ground and carefully place a stool in it to sit.

Emotes work, but the sit option (that seats/thrones have) doesn't.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Stormhaven there's a place west of of Wayrest called At-Tura Estate(?) (something like that) - if you've started/completed that quest there's like 13 breton nobles in there with no justice guards; just mercenaries. However, chances that you'll be caught pickpocketing are high. But they do indeed drop the breton throne.

Also, even if you haven't started the quest (and therefore can't get in the estate door) I've been able to jump over the wall from a boulder on the other side of it. To get out, just pay to port to a wayshrine.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    In Stormhaven there's a place west of of Wayrest called At-Tura Estate(?) (something like that) - if you've started/completed that quest there's like 13 breton nobles in there with no justice guards; just mercenaries. However, chances that you'll be caught pickpocketing are high. But they do indeed drop the breton throne.

Also, even if you haven't started the quest (and therefore can't get in the estate door) I've been able to jump over the wall from a boulder on the other side of it. To get out, just pay to port to a wayshrine.

I'll have to check this out.
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭

Great spot for the BRETON throne. We need one like this for the wood elf throne.
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how you wrote his motions!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how you wrote his motions!

Guides can be pretty dull, so you've gotta spice it up whenever possible!
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spectre303 wrote: »

Great spot for the BRETON throne. We need one like this for the wood elf throne.

There is a place like this for the wood elf throne. This guide about the one box on the ground floor is fine and dandy but not the real farm spot for the throne recipe for wood elf vine throne.

Go to the top floor of eldenroot. The whole room is altmer nobles. They all drop the throne. Lots of guards so u have to be good at escape but its the best place to farm for it. I personally have gotten over 10 recipes in a week or so.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion this is the hardest of the 3 types to get. Orcish was easy for me. The Breton one dropped quick. This one was the hardest to farm for me and the hardest for me to avoid a bounty.

I ended up getting mine from a female noble on the bottom level of Elden Root. She was to the side of the way shrine (the side by the clothier vendors). Glad I'm done farming it. Wasn't fun for me.

Since this post was rezzed. Thank you for this guide! Was helpful.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still down to RNG whether you get it or not. My friend and I farmed Elden Root for ages trying to get this and he gave up after I got mine, so I simply made him a throne.

Did the same in Wayrest for the Breton throne - he gave me the second one he got because I couldn't get it. I then went back on a different character about 2 months later and got it on my second pickpocket of the day.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion this is the hardest of the 3 types to get. Orcish was easy for me. The Breton one dropped quick. This one was the hardest to farm for me and the hardest for me to avoid a bounty.

I ended up getting mine from a female noble on the bottom level of Elden Root. She was to the side of the way shrine (the side by the clothier vendors). Glad I'm done farming it. Wasn't fun for me.

Since this post was rezzed. Thank you for this guide! Was helpful.

Glad to see that these guides are still being used, and that you were able to get your hands on these plans!