Edited by CGPsaint on May 1, 2017 2:57PM
I have seen quite a few questions being asked online on various forums, as to how or where to find the blueprint for the Wood Elf Throne, Vine
. You can see what this throne looks like HERE
Obviously some people know, and I've even seen a couple of instances of people trying to sell the "secret." Guess what folks, the cat's out of the bag! For those of you who are interested in getting your grubby paws on this Legendary Blueprint, here you go:Spawn Point Inside The Tree
- Head to Elden Root, where you are going to look for Dirdelas, a Wood Elf Noble, who just so happens to be one of your targets in the Litany of Blood. Being that he's tied to a quest, he will respawn immediately, after you get done playing stick the Blade of Woe in the Wood Elf. As far as I can tell, he has a whopping two spawn points.
- The first spawn point is inside the ground level of the tree, as seen below:
- After spawning, he walks out of the main doors from upstairs, and walks clockwise towards the Achievement Furnisher, where he sits down and loiters for a minute with a Priestess. There is a guard that patrols this immediate area.
- He then continues walking clockwise past the Shrines, and heads out of the tree, towards the Great Tree Stables. As you exit the tree, there will be a guard on the immediate left, and another a short distance down on the right. These two guards patrol away from the tree, and back again.
- He seems to be heading straight down the path, however he will veer off the path to the right, for a sip of puddle water, (filthy Bosmer...) as seen below:
- Once he's slaked his thirst, he continues towards the Great Tree Stables, which he passes on the left, before heading to the water's edge for a bit of fishing. There's a single guard that patrols between the stables and the Outside Inn. He will also stop for a short while down near the water, near where Dirdelas is fishing.
- There are plenty of chances for the 1st & 2nd pickpocket attempts.
Spawn Point at The Outside Inn
- The best opportunity for using your Blade of Woe unseen, is when he stops to fish.
- There are two ways that Dirdelas spawns at The Outside Inn. If he does not walk outside, then you can enter and you will find him loitering inside. You can pickpocket and kill him inside the inn, however this will result in a 1K-2K bounty. If/when he leaves the inn, he will disappear and will generally respawn inside the tree. If you choose to pickpocket inside of the inn, then the next time he respawns, he will most likely be empty, and you will have to kill him anyways.
There is a single guard that patrols between the inn and the stable.1. ) Solid Line -
- When he spawns and walks out of The Outside Inn, he will follow the route as seen below:
He walks down the ramp and to the right, where he purchases a refreshing beverage.2.) Dashed Line -
He takes said refreshing beverage back up the ramp, where he loiters for a minute or two listening to a bit of music.3.) Dotted Line -
He walks down the ramp and heads to the left to pet a horse. He then heads back up the path towards the Wayshrine.NOTES
- There are plenty of opportunities on the 1st and 2nd paths, to complete the 1st & 2nd pickpocket attempts.
- The best opportunity for using your Blade of Woe unseen, is around the middle of the path between the road and the tree. Keep an eye on the guards though, as you do run the risk of falling in sync with their set patrol. If this happens, wait until you go up the steps back into the tree, and you will have a short window before he heads to the left towards the Elden Tree Armory.
I tried to make this as clear as possible, however you can leave questions in the comments, and I'll get back to you. I'm also working on a guide for acquiring the Breton Throne, which is not quite as tedious as this grind.
Now get out there, and happy hunting!
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."