Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*The Role of Healing* - Giving Sorc, DK, and NB the means to be viable!...... and un-nerfing Templar

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

If you are a healer, and you are intent on doing well at your role, you must utilize a handful of skills. This mainly applies to trial settings, where fights can get rather difficult. These skills are not dependent on your class:
Healing Springs - Your main heal for trials since it's a HoT, and a fantastic way to AoE heal for low cost
Inner Light - Gives higher critical chance making you more effective
Combat Prayer - A strong heal that buffs group DPS
Elemental Drain - Helps your group sustain Magicka
Harness Magicka - Can save you from death and also regain Magicka at the same time
Necrotic Orb - Helps your group sustain Magicka, plus can help with healing (healing morph only)
Blockade of Storms - Group damage buff via CP passives (may no longer be used in Morrowind)
War Horn - Grants powerful group buffs

Other skills (situational or optional): Efficient Purge, Ward Ally, Force Siphon, Barrier

There are 8 out of 12 skills which are almost mandatory for Healers to slot. Essentially, your class will decide which 3-4 active skills and 1 ultimate skill to slot for most endgame healers. Let's break down what each class currently provides Healers:

Dragonknight:
Molten Weapons - Useful for when running content and people want to save weapon/spell pots
Cauterize - Grants extra Critical chance and heals, though it is not worth using over Inner Light
Igneous Shield - Grants a small damage shield to your group and grants you Major Mending
Fiery Chains - A great way to reposition enemies for DPS to kill faster
Choking Talons - Helps root enemies and lower their damage
Spiked Amor - Gives you more survivability
Obsidian Shard - Weak heal for one ally

Sorcerer:
Boundless Storm - Gives you more survivability and speed
Dark Conversion - Grants lots of Magicka if you have time for it
Bound Aegis - Nice buff to your own heals and resistances, but it requires two slots!
Absorption Field - Can be useful for handling Gargoyles in Hel Ra Citadel, though it is mediocre at best for an actual Healer
Twilight Matriarch - Your main addition to healing, serving as a powerful burst heal, despite it requiring two slots and being killable!
Empowered Ward - Shields you and your Twilight/grants the group 10% more Magicka Recovery, though you lose the Magicka restore from Harness Magicka

Nightblade
Funnel Health - Mainly a skill for DPS, though it heals too
Soul Siphon - Disappointing. A terrible ultimate meant for healing allies
Mark Target - Debuffs enemies, though it generally useless because tanks will apply the same debuffs
Refreshing Path - A pretty good HoT that Healers can certainly make use of, plus it also boosts movement speed
Consuming Darkness - A powerful Ultimate that is great for reducing group damage taken and is definitely an asset to Healers

Templar:
Breath of Life - Fantastic, reliable burst heal
Nova - Powerful ultimate for reducing group damage taken
Channeled Focus - Provides you good resistance as well as Magicka
Power of the Light - Applies a small debuff to enemies to increase Stam DPS
Healing Ritual - A strong AoE heal, though its cast time makes it not worth slotting over competing skills
Cleansing Ritual - A great AoE HoT, granting the group a Purge synergy
Luminous Shards - Great skill that returns has a powerful synergy to return the user Stamina, as well as a bit of extra Stamina and Magicka overtime
Sacred Ground - A passive that must be mentioned, since it gives the caster near-100% uptime on Major Mending. It gives Minor Mending in Morrowind.

From reading over these skills, it is no secret why practically all healers are Templars. The other classes don't provide anywhere near what Templars do, having only a few legitimately good Healer skills in their entire toolkits. Templars also provide unique support options unavailable to Non-Templar Healers, which is probably due to them having a dedicated Healing skill line. It isn't particularly a bad thing that Templars have unique abilities. Wardens have unique and powerful healing abilities too, which is why they'll be fun to use. There is simply no reason to ever use a Dragonknight, Nightblade, or Sorcerer over a Templar or Warden when it comes to being a Healer.

To solve this, I believe it is time to take the useless skills and morphs of each of these three classes and make them strong for healers. We shouldn't nerf Templars class-defining skills to make them stand out less as healers. Rather, we should allow for these three classes to feel unique as well. If ZOS did this, we would not have to see our fellow Templar healers get nerfed so they can become almost equally as boring as their "competition"..

Here are my suggestions for buffing Dragonknight, Sorcerer, and Nightblade healers.... (obviously not perfect)
Dragonknight:
Molten Weapons
- Grant 5% more heavy attack damage to your entire group
Cauterize:
- It is currently very weak, though meant to be a strong, unique DK Healer skill
- Make this a very powerful group HoT
- Increase duration to 20 seconds
- Cast 2 fireballs every 5 seconds that buff allies, providing a powerful HoT on them for 10 seconds and increasing their damage done by 3%. The fireballs can also ricochet and strike 2 more nearby allies each (6 allies buffed per burst of healing fireballs)
Igneous Shield:
- With the Morrowind nerf in mind, allow Major Mending to last 2 seconds after the shield expires
Hardened Armor:
- Provide the damage shield to nearby allies as well
- Grant Minor Mending to the caster for 10 seconds
Obsidian Shard
- Grants the affected ally Minor Vitality for 6 seconds as well (helpful for when they take high burst damage)

Sorcerer:
Shattering Prison:
- This useless morph of Encase is replaced with Healing Prison
- Immobilization now lasts 2 seconds
- Now leaves behind a patch of light small HoT that heals allies for 10 seconds when enemies escape from the immobilization or the duration expires
- One ally can activate the Dark Pledge synergy, granting them 25% of both their Magic and Stamina over 10 seconds, but also causing them to receive 50% less healing from their own healing dealt as well as 50% less resource regeneration for 10 seconds.
Twilight Matriarch:
- Give this pet the ability to survive an attack that would normally kill it every 30 seconds, instead pushing the Twilight to 1 Health
Crystal Blast:
- Change this useless morph of Crystal Shards to Crystal Rejuvenation
- This ability now has a 4 second cast time, and costs as much Magicka as Purge from the Support skill line
- Raises a crystal obelisk from the floor (ground-targeted) that heals allies near it (10m) every second for 15 seconds.
- You have a 1% chance when you heal an ally below 60% health (by any means of healing) to grant the proc for this ability
- The proc makes Crystal Rejuvenation instacast, cost 50% less Magicka, and last 25 seconds
- There is cooldown of 25 seconds on the proc

Nightblade
Soul Siphon
- Change this ability, cause it's currently terrible
- Lays a rune on the floor as large as a Templar's Cleansing Ritual, providing a decently strong HoT for 16 seconds, and additional healing afterward for an additional 10 seconds.
- The rune pulses the Major Vitality buff every 8 seconds while the rune lasts, with the buff lasting 3 seconds.
Reaper's Mark:
- Buff this morph of Mark Target to also debuff the Marked enemy with Minor Lifesteal
Prolonged Suffering:
- Change this useless morph of Agony to Fatiguing Siphon
- Ability now causes the afflicted enemy (whether CCed or not) to pulse health every 1 second to your nearby allies for 8 seconds.
- A Siphon Stamina synergy will appear, granting the synergy user some Stamina over time (equal to that of Spear Shards, sharing a cooldown)
Leeching Strikes:
- This morph changes into Affinity
- Now costs Magicka, and returns a small amount of Magicka every second when healing an ally
- Grants the user Minor Mending and well as 10% increased resurrection speed
- Has a 10% chance when active and healing an ally below 50% health to grant you 1 Utlimate every second for 3 seconds. Has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

Templar:
Sacred Ground
- Leave this passive as it is in Morrowind, giving Minor Mending to the caster
Rune Focus
- Grant Major Mending for 8 seconds on cast
Luminous Shards:
- Unlink the synergy cooldown from this skill from that of Necrotic Orb. Allow this skill to only restore Stamina.
- Link the synergy cooldoown from this skill to the new Nightblade Fatiguing Siphon skill synergy, Siphon Stamina
Repentance:
- Allow this morph to return Stamina to allies again
- Reduce the Stamina return to allies by 50%

General
Necrotic Orbs: Restores Magicka again, as well as to allies.

Anyway, whether you like the changes I propose or not, I'd like you to think about the situation we are currently in. I believe some of these changes at least would help our currently weak Healer classes feel unique and even useful beside Templars and Wardens. Would you like to see Dragonknights, Sorcerers, and Nightblades made strong and unique healers in different ways than Templars and Wardens? Or would you rather Templar and Warden get weaker, have Templar class-defining skills nerfed, and have all healers overtime become more similar and boring?

Here's hoping non-Templar/Warden Healers don't get laughed at their entire lives going forward after Morrowind.....
Edited by Vaoh on May 1, 2017 10:23AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, temps are getting a lot of nerfs to their heals. I don't mind that certain classes specialize in certain things just as long as there is room within weapon, guild, world and class skill lines to play into different roles a little. For example DKs are by far best at tanks but can definitely be purposes towards damage and have decent heals. No ones gonna run them as a serious healer but that's ok. What I do mind is that templars have crazy heals and a lot to burst damage in PvP. Although that's gonna change.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Well, temps are getting a lot of nerfs to their heals. I don't mind that certain classes specialize in certain things just as long as there is room within weapon, guild, world and class skill lines to play into different roles a little. For example DKs are by far best at tanks but can definitely be purposes towards damage and have decent heals. No ones gonna run them as a serious healer but that's ok. What I do mind is that templars have crazy heals and a lot to burst damage in PvP. Although that's gonna change.

That's the issue though.

Dragonknights, Sorcerers, and Nightblades are garbage as Healers. The only reason to take one is because someone wanted to feel special. They are all completely inferior Templars, and now Wardens as well with Morrowind.

The Templar nerfs are mostly bad imo. I'd like for ZOS to keep the Minor Mending Nerf but allow Rune Focus to grant Major Mending for 8 seconds on cast, and also unlink the shared cooldown between Spear Shards and Necrotic Orb. Repentance should also restore Stamina to allies, but less than on live.

In other words, instead of making Templars feels less unique and trying to make all healers feel more the same, we should significantly buff the less viable healers by giving them powerful skills that way all can be unique.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I don't know about Wardens but if they want all class to be "viable" healers, just take a look at the dozens of useless morphs of every class that nobody uses and give them some unique healing property.

In the case of classes, achieving the "all classes should be viable at every role" by nerfing the best one at it is a pretty bad strategy.

Same thing for tanking. Go to each class and find those skills and morphs that are mostly useless for players that know the game and see which ones you can change to make that class tank a little better as well.

But, more importantly: keep them unique.

The last thing we want is healing to become something like Stamina DPS builds for PvE, where they use basically 9 out of 10 spots for the same skills with one class skill and one class ultimate (sometimes not even that) as relevant. We don't want healers with just one class skill and one class ultimate.

Also, specifically about Repentance, I completely agree. Just decrease the flat stamina value making you need more corpses to fill allies stamina bars, but don't completely kill the skill...

I'm still annoyed that you now have no way to help your allies recover their second resources. It is just dumbing down group play. It is REMOVING choices from healers.

Anyway, keep up the posts about this. Let's see how the Shards change in PTS 3 will be and if they revert back some of the other ones.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really excellent ideas here! Thanks for taking the time to compile this. Bookmarking for future contributions when I am not half asleep. ;)
  • deadvolt
    deadvolt
    ✭✭
    I do agree that with the op statement that it would be nice for zos to redo the class skill to make other classes viable healer but that is never going to happen so the changes to templar might be a bit extreme but they are need even looking at the warden showcase on eso live even with there healing line they don't bring anything a templar can't do better the orb change is a good start as it stupid in a game that technical don't have a role system as in I power does healing one is tank as in other mmo that one class has the only way to give stamina back in the game. Everyone goes on about dps balance but want a both healer and tanks? Where is the balance there templar healer or forget it, dk tank or go way even the warden will not be the tank or healer replace for those two so where is the balance??
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't know what you ate talking about.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

And you can't write one sentence without messing up your spelling :anguished:

Fr though, I know what I'm talking about more than most anyone else, except maybe hardcore endgame PvEers who have cleared vMoL HM and are almost strictly healers.

Like I said, if you don't like my suggestions that's cool. Idk. At least I'm trying to make progress here so maybe one day every class will have a reason to heal.

No need to troll every thread though with useless comments.

• RichD62
    RichD62
    ✭✭
    Did anyone think about a very obvious business reason ZOS has for nerfing Templars? It appears to me that they are pushing people into having to buy Morrowind to be able to have viable healers for Trials. When you nerf the healing abilities of a class that was designed from the beginning to be healers in favor of a new class that people will have to pay for, it really looks like greed is the motivator here. They can talk about balance all they want. That is the smokescreen for the cash grab. You can't take different classes with different skill sets and make them equal. Each class will have a specialty. That is the whole point of having different classes. Otherwise, you just make one non-gendered toon with access to all the skill lines and let the players decide what they want.
    Uthbert the Inept.
    Guild Master of Hlaalu Trading Company
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to make it so that each class is viable at healing (and everything else) without nerfing Templar to dust is simply to change the class skill lines.

One skill line that obviously supports tanking.

One skill line that obviously supports healing.

One skill line that is obviously DPS.

Make the skills in each skill line slightly different so they match the flavor of the class.

Example, Sorc Tank line would include the Clanfear pet as the Ultimate ability, they would gain an Ancestral Ghost summon ability to provide some sort of buff, Bound armor to provide extra damage mitigation, etc and so forth. Move the Imp to the DPS skill line, put the Twilight Matriarch in the healing skill line.
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 30, 2017 12:44PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put a lot of thought into this post and you understand what ZoS does not: the only way templars can be fun to play and other classes desirable as healers is if DKs, sorcs, and NBs actually bring something distinctive and useful to the table.

It's too bad because of the champion sytem and overall powercreep in the game, ZoS feels they have no choice but to always nerf when it comes to balancing, so we will never see anything legitimately interesting such as what you proposed.
  • Hazethemadman
    Hazethemadman
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a bit dull if every class could do everything in my opinion.

I prefer the differentiation.
    Samael- VR16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Bacchic Battery- 38 Magicka Sorcerer
    Nihil Dicit- 12 Magicka Templar
    Villion- 20 Stamina Nightblade
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs also have magma shell, which I coveted hard for my templar heals.

I like your ideas, not least because there's a chronic shortage of healers in some parts of the game, and it would be nicer for everyone if more classes could step into that role and really shine.

I don't think all of this nerfsmacking of the templar class was really about making other classes more attractive or viable healers. That's just where some of the player base have gone with it, ecstatic to have knocked templars off their throne, or whatever. Somehow sustain is now The Great Evil, the game will be much better with everyone starved for magicka/stamina, and they don't want you crutching on the healer to circumvent all that much betterness. So buh-bye Repentance, and no stacking shards and orbs, they're the same thing now.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain I could get nb to put out stupid high healing numbers due to passives, the problem is the lack of sustain support and targeting.

There are no nb class skills for healing that aren't also dps. Some of the heals target random ally which is often either a shade, pet, random npc, rabbit etc.
    Sap requires the party to stack close which isn't often when heals are needed.

I assume you get stuck doing vet dungeons faster but unable to heal raids.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaoh
    For both hardened armor and cauterize, I cannot agree. First Hardened armor giving minor mending while still having access to major mending would be downright OP and should never happen. Second Cauterize this entire ability needs to be scrapped and changed into a single target ability (pretty much making it into flames of oblivions live version) with an added DoT. This will give Flames of Oblivion an opportunity to become a(n) AoE again like it should have been.

As a DK healer you already pointed out that cauterize is not worth it in comparison to inner light and that's true but back to the point; I heal on my DK sometimes and all I really need is the resto staff skills and some DK skills to be an excellent healer. My combat prayers crit over 10k so they're like Breath of lifes, if I can angle it correctly. The resto staff ultimate also provides an excellent way of outpacing damage especially with the high crit I have on my DK healer.

I feel I should make a build video for him since changes are coming soon but I'm more than positive I can out heal any other class aside from a templar which is a given because their innate support characteristics is that of a healer while the DK is much of a damage soaker/buff supporter.
    Edited by MaxwellC on April 30, 2017 2:34PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You overlooked several support skills. Why because Templars don't use them. Your insight into usage of class skills it's hardly something one could call in depth.

I will elaborate the point and hope some people aren't lead astray by this misinformed. As it stands the four current classes do specialize in certain ascepts if healing. Nightblades have DPS healing, dragon knights Healers with mirgration, sorrecer priest like, Templars paladin like.

As to say there are four different playstle, but going further let elaborate where you went wrong is attempting make them Templar Healers. First off the pet die dies in 30 secs? Please go check this week's leader board, way off the Mark there cause my name's there.

Boundless storm for extra moblity, hardly as you would use bolt escape. literally escaping those one hit KO's or getting close to allies. I suppose you notice my tone by now, but you did subtly apply that sorrecer aren't Healers, "Medicore at best for an actual Healer". You can deny or defend your statement, but lets get on point.

By on other next point absorption field. This morph heals all allies with for something near 40k over 10 secs, this includes pets from other dps while healing springs is capped at 6. Not only that range can be extended by propelling siege siege but 7 meters. Not frogetting it stuns tier 1 and some tier 2 enimies while not forgetting it can negate magic applied to the ground. I suppose it could be better but it's not bad.

Emproward is also used to protect the user and pet including the ult pet. Not much else to say here. It's good skill.

You forget somethings, sorrecer is the only class with ablitily to apply major beseark for an ally. Failed the mentioned sorrecer gets three bars. Another thing sorrecer has the shock damage passives so the sorrecer uses elemental blockade better. Also each class has uqiuie skill that like Templar has minor sorecerry and sorrecer has minor prochecy.

There's already highly skilled players in the classes, but the difference is Templar had unfair advantage cause by earlier development. Stamina support is essential for end game support which made it so most people where forced into Templar class. Not only that they had 25% advantage in healing with too easy of access to major mending. This things were simply brought to scale so people have options, now you are free to pick any healer, depending on your play style.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to point out that if ZoS keeps just ripping off and nerfing templars instead of developing other classes and leaving templars alone, there will not be any really good healing classes/builds left in the game.

Some people seem to relish the thought because they believe it's going to open possibilities for their sorc healers or whatever. That seems like a very selfish way of thinking, because whole raid teams (and playstyles) are going to suffer when healing and support is made weaker and less effecive.

But to some pretty vocal ones the destruction of templar healers seems to be more important than actually adding diversity/choice.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it is atm i only use 2 Templar skills for my healing bar, soon to be 1 maybe as well
    BOL and Extended Ritual - ER might disappear from my bar now that it only gives minor, and i have the healer set that give me minor 24/7 but that Cleansing is decent so prob not

Healing Springs - Rapid Regeneration - Combat Prayer - is usually all i need i only keep bol on there for emergency's.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    If you are a healer, and you are intent on doing well at your role, you must utilize a handful of skills. This mainly applies to trial settings, where fights can get rather difficult. These skills are not dependent on your class:

Healing Springs - Your main heal for trials since it's a HoT, and a fantastic way to AoE heal for low cost
    Harness Magicka - Can save you from death and also regain Magicka at the same time
    Necrotic Orb - Helps your group sustain Magicka, plus can help with healing (healing morph only)
    Blockade of Storms - Group damage buff via CP passives (may no longer be used in Morrowind)

Other skills (situational or optional): Efficient Purge, Ward Ally, Force Siphon, Barrier

There are 8 out of 12 skills which are almost mandatory for Healers to slot. Essentially, your class will decide which 3-4 active skills and 1 ultimate skill to slot for most endgame healers. Let's break down what each class currently provides Healers:

Dragonknight:
    Molten Weapons - Useful for when running content and people want to save weapon/spell pots
    Cauterize - Grants extra Critical chance and heals, though it is not worth using over Inner Light
    Igneous Shield - Grants a small damage shield to your group and grants you Major Mending

Sorcerer:
    Bound Aegis - Nice buff to your own heals and resistances, but it requires two slots!
    Absorption Field - Can be useful for handling Gargoyles in Hel Ra Citadel, though it is mediocre at best for an actual Healer
    Twilight Matriarch - Your main addition to healing, serving as a powerful burst heal, despite it requiring two slots and being killable!
    Empowered Ward - Shields you and your Twilight/grants the group 10% more Magicka Recovery, though you lose the Magicka restore from Harness Magicka

Nightblade
    Mark Target - Debuffs enemies, though it generally useless because tanks will apply the same debuffs
    Refreshing Path - A pretty good HoT that Healers can certainly make use of, plus it also boosts movement speed
    Consuming Darkness - A powerful Ultimate that is great for reducing group damage taken and is definitely an asset to Healers

Templar:
    Healing Ritual - A strong AoE heal, though its cast time makes it not worth slotting over competing skills
    Luminous Shards - Great skill that returns has a powerful synergy to return the user Stamina, as well as a bit of extra Stamina and Magicka overtime
    Sacred Ground - A passive that must be mentioned, since it gives the caster near-100% uptime on Major Mending. It gives Minor Mending in Morrowind.

From reading over these skills, it is no secret why practically all healers are Templars. The other classes don't provide anywhere near what Templars do, having only a few legitimately good Healer skills in their entire toolkits. Templars also provide unique support options unavailable to Non-Templar Healers, which is probably due to them having a dedicated Healing skill line. It isn't particularly a bad thing that Templars have unique abilities. Wardens have unique and powerful healing abilities too, which is why they'll be fun to use. There is simply no reason to ever use a Dragonknight, Nightblade, or Sorcerer over a Templar or Warden when it comes to being a Healer.

To solve this, I believe it is time to take the useless skills and morphs of each of these three classes and make them strong for healers. We shouldn't nerf Templars class-defining skills to make them stand out less as healers. Rather, we should allow for these three classes to feel unique as well. If ZOS did this, we would not have to see our fellow Templar healers get nerfed so they can become almost equally as boring as their "competition"..

Here are my suggestions for buffing Dragonknight, Sorcerer, and Nightblade healers....
    Dragonknight:
    Molten Weapons
    Cauterize:
    - Cast 2 fireballs every 5 seconds that buff allies, providing a powerful HoT on them for 10 seconds and increasing their damage done by 3%. The fireballs can also ricochet and strike 2 more nearby allies each (6 allies buffed per burst of healing fireballs)
    Igneous Shield:
    - With the Morrowind nerf in mind, allow Major Mending to last 2 seconds after the shield expires
    Hardened Armor:
    Obsidian Shard
    - Grants the affected ally Minor Vitality for 6 seconds as well (helpful for when they take high burst damage)

Sorcerer:
    Shattering Prison:
    - Now leaves behind a patch of light small HoT that heals allies for 10 seconds when enemies escape from the immobilization or the duration expires
    - One ally can activate the Dark Pledge synergy, granting them 25% of both their Magic and Stamina over 10 seconds, but also causing them to receive 50% less healing from their own healing dealt as well as 50% less resource regeneration for 10 seconds.
    Twilight Matriarch:
    - Give this pet the ability to survive an attack that would normally kill it every 30 seconds, instead pushing the Twilight to 1 Health
    Crystal Blast:
    - This ability now has a 4 second cast time, and costs as much Magicka as Purge from the Support skill line
    - Raises a crystal obelisk from the floor (ground-targeted) that heals allies near it (10m) every second for 15 seconds.
    - You have a 1% chance when you heal an ally below 60% health (by any means of healing) to grant the proc for this ability
    - The proc makes Crystal Rejuvenation instacast, cost 50% less Magicka, and last 25 seconds

Nightblade
    Soul Siphon
    - Lays a rune on the floor as large as a Templar's Cleansing Ritual, providing a decently strong HoT for 16 seconds, and additional healing afterward for an additional 10 seconds.
    - The rune pulses the Major Vitality buff every 8 seconds while the rune lasts, with the buff lasting 3 seconds.
    Reaper's Mark:
    - Buff this morph of Mark Target to also debuff the Marked enemy with Minor Lifesteal
    Prolonged Suffering:
    - Ability now causes the afflicted enemy (whether CCed or not) to pulse health every 1 second to your nearby allies for 8 seconds.
    - A Siphon Stamina synergy will appear, granting the synergy user some Stamina over time (equal to that of Spear Shards, sharing a cooldown)
    Leeching Strikes:
    - Now costs Magicka, and returns a small amount of Magicka every second when healing an ally
    - Has a 10% chance when active and healing an ally below 50% health to grant you 1 Utlimate every second for 3 seconds. Has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

Templar:
    Sacred Ground
    Rune Focus
    Luminous Shards:
    - Unlink the synergy cooldown from this skill from that of Necrotic Orb. Allow this skill to only restore Stamina.
    - Link the synergy cooldoown from this skill to the new Nightblade Fatiguing Siphon skill synergy, Siphon Stamina
    Repentance:

General

Anyway, whether you like the changes I propose or not, I'd like you to think about the situation we are currently in. I believe some of these changes at least would help our currently weak Healer classes feel unique and even useful beside Templars and Wardens. Would you like to see Dragonknights, Sorcerers, and Nightblades made strong and unique healers in different ways than Templars and Wardens? Or would you rather Templar and Warden get weaker, have Templar class-defining skills nerfed, and have all healers overtime become more similar and boring?

Here's hoping non-Templar/Warden Healers don't get laughed at their entire lives going forward after Morrowind.....

Your heart is in the right place.. non templar healers need to have prominence.

However you are a little misguided, raw healing capabilities between the 4 classes has always been relatively on par, that isn't an opinion. It's important to note something that I have been saying for years and something that rich just recently explained on eso live. Class skills are weighted differently and are balanced around the availability of the universal skill lines. This is why when you have a dedicated healing skill line in the templar and warden it does not mean, by very design philosophy from the devs, that they are the exclusive intended healers. It simply means their compensation for the resto staff is to a lesser extent than the other classes in the same healer role. The skills available from both warden and templar's healing skill lines are parrallels more than they are additional layers to the resto staff skills.

Increasing the raw healing capabilities of dk sorc and nb will not solve anything as they already push out raw healing comparable to both warden and templar, as I have tested on beta. The primary issue has always been the lack of a critical utility. A utility that Templars had exclusive access to.

Your run down on the non templar healer offerings was a bit disingenuous if I'm being honest. Unfortunately there are far too many people playing this game that will chose to remain ignorant to the fact that healing as a role is not relegated to the 2 classes with innate healing skill lines. Frankly based solely on very rigorous testing in the current beta, having a non templar healer environment is entirely viable in the hardest pve content. But too few players are going to realize that. They only ones laughing at non Templar healers are lesser players.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 30, 2017 5:08PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that nerfing healing abilities is not likely to improve the shortage of healers. Healers pay a price to be healers in that they are unable to slot as many dps skills and rely on light armor. I'm all for improving the incentives to healers but nerfing templars seems a poor start. How 'bout buffing the healing potential of other class and resto staff abilities instead?

Templars are superior when it comes to helping stam fighters? I agree. How about offering some of that stam support to other classes by simply modifying Elemental Drain so it returns magicka and stamina both? That is, add 'minor stamina steal' to EleDrain. This allows all classes to elegantly address stam support and mag support in one skill.

Major mending? In PvE, no one ever healed a foe to death. So keep templar's access and give reasonable access to other classes providing they are will to slot for it and (if it is an aura like templar's) sacrifice moblility to stand pretty much in the aura.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

Dragonknight:

Sorcerer:

Nightblade

Templar:

Here are my suggestions for buffing Dragonknight, Sorcerer, and Nightblade healers....
    Dragonknight:
    Molten Weapons
    Cauterize:
    Igneous Shield:
    Hardened Armor:
    Obsidian Shard

Sorcerer:
    Shattering Prison:
    Twilight Matriarch:
    Crystal Blast:

Nightblade
    Soul Siphon
    Reaper's Mark:
    Prolonged Suffering:
    Leeching Strikes:

Templar:
    Sacred Ground
    Rune Focus
    Luminous Shards:
    Repentance:

General

Your heart is in the right place.. non templar healers need to have prominence.

However you are a little misguided, raw healing capabilities between the 4 classes has always been relatively on par, that isn't an opinion. It's important to note something that I have been saying for years and something that rich just recently explained on eso live. Class skills are weighted differently and are balanced around the availability of the universal skill lines. This is why when you have a dedicated healing skill line in the templar and warden it does not mean, by very design philosophy from the devs, that they are the exclusive intended healers. It simply means their compensation for the resto staff is to a lesser extent than the other classes in the same healer role. The skills available from both warden and templar's healing skill lines are parrallels more than they are additional layers to the resto staff skills.

Increasing the raw healing capabilities of dk sorc and nb will not solve anything as they already push out raw healing comparable to both warden and templar, as I have tested on beta. The primary issue has always been the lack of a critical utility. A utility that Templars had exclusive access to.

Your run down on the non templar healer offerings was a bit disingenuous if I'm being honest. Unfortunately there are far too many people playing this game that will chose to remain ignorant to the fact that healing as a role is not relegated to the 2 classes with innate healing skill lines. Frankly based solely on very rigorous testing in the current beta, having a non templar healer environment is entirely viable in the hardest pve content. But too few players are going to realize that. They only ones laughing at non Templar healers are lesser players.

I see what your saying, but I just cannot agree with it. Sure you could say NB, DK, ans Sorc healers are entirely viable, but why take one? They bring nothing to the table, and non-super hardcore players won't be able to make them work like those in the "0.1% of players" can. Templars and Wardens are vastly superior because they easier to use, and bring unique, powerful skills to the table whereas the other three classes are simply worse for the job.

In short, no matter how you spin it, you cannot tell me that at least 95% of endgame healers aren't Templars (and soon split with Wardens).

ZOS decided to nerf Templars because they wanted to make DKs, Sorcs and NBs more desireable, as stated on ESO Live. Though some nerfing was fine, they changed a few class-defining skills in ways that removed effected entirely or equallized them to skills available to everyone.

The purpose of this post was to say that we did not need to nerf the uniqueness of Templar. Rather, we can make the three non-unique healing classes feel unique by giving them access to healing buffs as well as new, interesting ways of healing.

My suggestions are just some ideas I thought of for the general direction I'd like to see in giving every class a different feel for the role whilst making all of them viable. I only hope for Healing to be a role not solely comprised of Templars and Wardens when it'd be so easy to fix the situation.
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    I originally created a cookie-cutter Templar to make it easier to get into PUGs and and to offer another role to my guild. I have come to enjoy healing, but I am likely woefully under educated with respect to how they work "under the hood".

That said, is it possible that ZOS is trying to create a situation where the combination of a Templar healer with another non-Templar healer becomes optimal for trial content? In other words, could it be that that skills of a Templar would be better complimented by the skills of non-Templar healer rather than a second Templar?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I originally created a cookie-cutter Templar to make it easier to get into PUGs and and to offer another role to my guild. I have come to enjoy healing, but I am likely woefully under educated with respect to how they work "under the hood".

That said, is it possible that ZOS is trying to create a situation where the combination of a Templar healer with another non-Templar healer becomes optimal for trial content? In other words, could it be that that skills of a Templar would be better complimented by the skills of non-Templar healer rather than a second Templar?

For the entire history of this game, having two Templar healers has been the optimal setup, and by a lot. Templars are the absolute kings of healing. DKs, Sorcs and NBs aren't even close in terms of healing and group support skills.

This will sort of change in Morrowind. Wardens will be great alongside Templars. You'll either see two Templars, two Wardens, or (amongst fully-optimized groups) 1 Templar and 1 Warden.

Dragonknights, Sorcs, and Nightblades are the unwanted healers that are far worse off than Templars and Wardens. Hence, I created this thread in hopes to draw interest toward a different outcome than the vision ZOS has. ZOS wants to literally take anything that makes Templar fun and unique and either erase it from the game or give it to every class.

I say we should give the three underperforming classes their own unique ways to Heal that make them equally wanted, instead of equallizing what any Healer brings us overtime with nerfs.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaoh Giving non-Templar healers an ability to feed stamina to the group is a good start :)

Then, revert the Repentance nerf.

Tada. Everyone is happy.

Then we should give Templar healers some time so they can realize that although other classes also have access to an abilty to restore stamina, Templar is still the best class in healing. If we start buffing non-Templar healers right now, even if we revert the Repentance nerf, we will still see a lot more outcries about how Templar healers are dead and "there's no reason to play Templar healers anymore" etc..

This is not a good time to fix non-Templar healers.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on April 30, 2017 9:09PM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Troll lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Troll lol

These selfish posts from template Healers are the real troll post. All what was done was balance. Is there fear that someone going to take your job?

It's like with woman or colored people got equal rights. Everyone was crying that it would not work or it should people. It's going to work
    Edited by Tasear on April 30, 2017 10:24PM
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Troll lol

These selfish posts from template Healers are the real troll post. All what was done was balance. Is there fear that someone going to take your job?

It's like with woman or colored people got equal rights. Everyone was crying that it would not work or it should people. It's going to work

Yes this is totally the same as the civil rights movement, in both scope and importance.

I give your attempt 2/5:trollface:
    Edited by WalksonGraves on April 30, 2017 10:40PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not against your suggestion but I do have a few of my own for NB

Blur - Let this apply to teammates, up to 6 people. This would offer a nice utility by providing the group with Major Evasion with a secondary benefit depending on morph (Major Expedition would probably be the go to since Minor Resolve/Ward are covered by Combat Prayer)

Refreshing Path - Add a synergy that gives a small burst heal/ups the HoT component of the skill. More synergies for more uptime on Moondancer and Alkosh.

Shades - Having it apply Minor Vulnerability or Minor Fracture/Breech would help this skill greatly overall, regardless of role.

Soul Siphon - I do like the burst heal this grants and I'm not for changing it for a copy pf Cleansing Ritual. I'd be more for it letting it grant Major Berserk though.
    Argonian forever
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not against your suggestion but I do have a few of my own for NB

Blur - Let this apply to teammates, up to 6 people. This would offer a nice utility by providing the group with Major Evasion with a secondary benefit depending on morph (Major Expedition would probably be the go to since Minor Resolve/Ward are covered by Combat Prayer)

Refreshing Path - Add a synergy that gives a small burst heal/ups the HoT component of the skill. More synergies for more uptime on Moondancer and Alkosh.

Shades - Having it apply Minor Vulnerability or Minor Fracture/Breech would help this skill greatly overall, regardless of role.

Soul Siphon - I do like the burst heal this grants and I'm not for changing it for a copy pf Cleansing Ritual. I'd be more for it letting it grant Major Berserk though.

I really like your ideas for Shades dealing Minor debuffs and Refreshing Path granting a synergy to proc Moondancer with maybe give an extra HoT or something!

I've never really seen Soul Siphon used by anyone since Consuming Darkness is just more helpful though. Also giving Blur a group Major Evasion would be a bit much since Gossamer would be made totally not worth it and it would cause immense PvP qq.... plus in PvE it'd probably be a bit much since the uptime would be so high. Adding group Major Evasion to an Ultimate like Soul Siphon might work
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Great post! A lot of time and effort has gone in to your ideas - so well done!

As a Templar I agree with your changes to Templar. With the proposed Morrowind changes it feels like Molag Bal has stolen our soul again. The solid foundation of our house has been replaced with straw and sticks. Without mobility I thought we Templars were meant to be able to stand in and protect 'our house'.

I can't comment how the other classes will be affected with the proposed changes but surely there's nothing wrong with taking the 'untouched and unloved' skill morphs and adding some group healing or utility. I personally like seeing builds that are different and not necessarily restricted by the 'one class, one role' mindset.

Ty for your efforts to make ESO a better game for all.

[1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Troll lol

Wtf^

That broken English though lol
    Edited by andreasranasen on May 1, 2017 12:25AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf