The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who else loves trolling WGT?

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a special place in hell for players who do things like that. Wasting other players time for ones own enjoyment is not being a troll, its just being terrible person.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on April 30, 2017 10:54AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a whole world out there, a world of knowledge and mystery and challenge and possibilities and adventure...

This is what you chose to do instead. /slowclap

Edited by Phinix1 on April 30, 2017 10:53AM
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you all are going to say I lead a very sad existence, but hey don't blame me: I'm a millennial, I've never known another life. Stuck in my *** internship job getting shouted at by my boss all day. Stuck in my squalid flat because housing prices are out of control. Stuck in a country that has no future because it's led by Trump.

Hem... Actually, it's not Trump the guy who brought you and other millennials in these circumstances... Just for saying.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deliberate troll, stop feeding this post!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tank is completely, utterly useless on that boss anyway. You don't really need a tank for vWGT. Just get a templar to equip a s/b and taunt. Problem solved.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you all are going to say I lead a very sad existence, but hey don't blame me: I'm a millennial, I've never known another life. Stuck in my *** internship job getting shouted at by my boss all day. Stuck in my squalid flat because housing prices are out of control. Stuck in a country that has no future because it's led by Trump. If it weren't for ESO I'd have gone insane a long time ago. WGT is the one place where I can have power over other people.

Being poor sucks. Having a crappy job sucks. Having a narcissistic moron as a president sucks. But it hardly adds up to no hope or no future. Things could change literally overnight, as quickly as it takes a bunch of jaded rich money-worshipers to change their minds, about any number of things...

The fact that these things trouble you indicates you are intelligent enough to recognize the wasted potential and unnecessary suffering this represents, not just in your life but for everyone else in our modern society who suffer a similar fate. Believe me, many have it FAR worse than you do.

But the fact that instead of turning this realization of the problem into some sort of constructive endeavor or direction that might help to change it, you allow yourself to be convinced that "controlling others" (really little more than going out of your way to be a petty annoyance in a video game but whatever) is actually going to make any of that any better.

Even if you could strap people to a chair and poke their eyes with sharp sticks, or remote control their brains to drive their car into a tree or something, you have to really ask yourself how the hell you got the idea in your head that THE WORLD was to blame for YOUR problems? Or how you honestly became convinced that everyone else you blame and take it out on aren't suffering the same or worse than you are.

Or how allowing yourself to believe controlling others is a solution to anything. Really, it is just "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" psychology, which is the psychology of DEFEAT. The defeat of yourself, by surrendering in your pain to the lower aspects of our nature. That is a weakness, something to rise above, not to be proud of.

That is where you take the potential of your recognition of the problem and let it twist into a betrayal of your quality as a human being.

Never do that.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love WGT pledge days.

Get instapops in the queue as a tank, everyone is so relieved when they see a CP600 pop into their dungeon expecting an experienced player and an easy mode run. I get my group smoothly through the first two bosses, but oh boy when we hit the planar inhibitor it's time for the fun to begin. I'll deliberately avoid doing the portals and the other members of my party - they can't do anything about it. It's impossible to dps the fat boys that spawn out of the portals and everyone dies in all-consuming fire.

After the first wipe, the accusations begin. Who doesn't know the mechanics? Of course I say I know the mechanics and who's going to doubt me? I'm CP600. Nobody knows who didn't do the portals, the game doesn't tell you, and people are so unwilling to kick the tank because the queue for replacing one is so long. And as we wipe over and over again, the finger pointing gets worse and worse. The healer blames the dps, the dps blames the healer, the racial and autistic slurs start flying and here come the vote kicks. Meanwhile I'm just laughing my ass off because no-one knows it's me. It's me that's stopping them from progressing.

I thank the devs every day that they came up with a dungeon where one single player can break up a group.

Every WGT pledge day after dinner I do this for 3 hours before going to bed. I must leave at least 30 players per session raging behind their keyboards and uninstalling the game.

I know you all are going to say I lead a very sad existence, but hey don't blame me: I'm a millennial, I've never known another life. Stuck in my *** internship job getting shouted at by my boss all day. Stuck in my squalid flat because housing prices are out of control. Stuck in a country that has no future because it's led by Trump. If it weren't for ESO I'd have gone insane a long time ago. WGT is the one place where I can have power over other people.

Oh WGT, I love you.

I love wgt, it's my fave dungeon hands down. If I save my ulti I can pop it on inhibitors bluephase amd facetank through it. Sometimes I'll get some jerk that kites the boss so I'll 2man it with a mate or solo it for some ploxylicious inurfaceness.

Too many people go full coward instead of just focusimg the damn boss.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we dont nuke the boss, I dont play the dungeon either, meaning ignoring the portal.
    To do this, tank need to stand still, which you can see perfectly if he is doing his job or not.
    2nd, the healer needs to heal the tank in the fire as well as giving us the buffs we need for a nuke. Again, something you can clearly see. 3rd is the other dd. If he is running around killing portals at this point, he is not doing the nuke. Also, if I see 70% group dps, I know its not a good dd either.

So to sum up, yes you do a good troll there and well done. But wouldnt work on me ;)
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on April 30, 2017 11:02AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can actually see who is on portal duty. There is the thing around your head and everyone sees it.
    You are lucy they haven't noticed.

ps. There is a special places in hell reserved only for you.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we dont nuke the boss, I dont play the dungeon either, meaning ignoring the portal.
    To do this, tank need to stand still, which you can see perfectly if he is doing his job or not.
    2nd, the healer needs to heal the tank in the fire as well as giving us the buffs we need for a nuke. Again, something you can clearly see. 3rd is the other dd. If he is running around killing portals at this point, he is not doing the nuke. Also, if I see 70% group dps, I know its not a good dd either.

So to sum up, yes you do a good troll there and well done. But wouldnt work on me ;)

You forgot a critical step:

The hypothetical super-cool-dude takes 10 seconds to type "doing burn strategy..." and outlines the above, instead of expecting the world to read their mind with their magical elite-entangled mutant powers.

For some reason simple communication seems to be the last thing people resort to. Weird.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sound pretty pathetic. At least we know why your boss treats you like crap. I would too.
    Also if you live in America don't call it a flat. People don't do that.
    Edited by cmetzger93 on April 30, 2017 11:21AM
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I say I know the mechanics and who's going to doubt me? I'm CP600. Nobody knows who didn't do the portals, the game doesn't tell you, and people are so unwilling to kick the tank because the queue for replacing one is so long.

Lol ... Not sure why you think 600 cps would prove you're not a noob when your own post shows you have no clue. Ofc the game tells you who has the portals, dear. Ever seen that strange dark halo around the head of another player? And actually the tank is the 1st suspect for "portal-failure" anyways, because his dps usually is the lowest and many tanks don't understand the mechanics and slot proper skills.

Truth be told, I suspect you're not trolling but simply seriously failing to close the portals and looking for an excuse.

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I say I know the mechanics and who's going to doubt me? I'm CP600. Nobody knows who didn't do the portals, the game doesn't tell you, and people are so unwilling to kick the tank because the queue for replacing one is so long.

Lol ... Not sure why you think 600 cps would prove you're not a noob when your own post shows you have no clue. Ofc the game tells you who has the portals, dear. Ever seen that strange dark halo around the head of another player? And actually the tank is the 1st suspect for "portal-failure" anyways, because his dps usually is the lowest and many tanks don't understand the mechanics and slot proper skills.

Truth be told, I suspect you're not trolling but simply seriously failing to close the portals and looking for an excuse.

True. 99% of all ppl i kick are 600cp
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As he alluded to in the OP, this is nothing more and nothing less than a "Oh look at me" post. When life is dull some people tend to seek attention whether it be positive or negative. They just crave attention. Nothing to mock him over imo. Attention seeking is what it is.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 30, 2017 11:45AM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really won't be sad when meme humor dies out.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not trolling, that's called being a "neckbeard"
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys realize hes trolling you in this thread as well right? Hes just sitting back laughing at your replies....
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww, come on everyone no need to be so hard.
    OP just needs a hug!

Attention seeking like said before me is all this is and the decade in which he/she was born has absolutely nothing todo with it.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as there is no constructive discussion happening here. Keep in mind that provoking others into strong emotional responses is not in the spirit of our game or this community and violates our Community Standards. Also, please keep this forum focused on the game and avoid inappropriate topics like real world politics.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.