The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you have a zergling mentality?

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ZERK POWAR FOREVER!!
    HI!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play in small groups these days, so I do understand the frustration of simply getting overwhelmed by numbers.
    But...if you (or I) choose to play solo or in very small groups...in a game where we know most players play in large groups...then do we really get to complain when we get outnumbered?
    I mean it, honestly, if you solo or small group, you are choosing to play outnumbered...then you come on the forums complaining that...you were outnumbered...and wanting everyone else to stop playing the way they like to play, so that you can more easily play the way you like to play?
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'm a proud Zerg surfing Xv1er. Chasing down that last "small scaler" or the last potato from the pug zerg is no difference to me.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Others...
    The problem with the 1vX mentality is they never get that X is undefined. Your choice, but when X turns out to be more than you can handle... I guess the question would be: Did you expect them to let you keep killing people?

What's really more carebear? Killing anyone you see or expecting people to not kill you?

I can say from experience... and not 1vx experience, but ganking people experience... The biggest mistake a zerg (or large group) can do is leave me alone. I will and have killed the entire group if they do... or at least disrupt them so much and for long enough that the crossed swords bring more.

If you are headed to a keep to siege and someone is picking off the trail end of your group... They will continue to follow you and keep picking off or peeling off anyone they can. When you turn around and take them out, somehow... they make this mental leap of saying you are the baddies for doing so. The dream of a 1vxer is to whittle away at a big group until they can kill them all while they record it and can put it up to show how awesome they are... if you appear in such a video, it's because you didn't respond to them attacking your group immediately. It's particularly egregious to allow a small group to do it, because the only true point to allowing that and not responding in force is you like riding a mount.

I'm all for the concept of letting me keep killing people, but that's all about me. If you are foolish and let a ganker or 1vxer keep dictating the fights and don't eliminate them... They aren't going to be content with their couple of kills and leave you alone. They will report your movements in /zone and kill as many of you as you allow them to and when you get to your destination, don't be too surprised if there is a group with siege in it waiting for you... because even if the ganker or 1vxer didn't call it out to zone... crossed swords bring people to fight or alert them to someone coming to a keep.

As for the groups in stealth thing... trying to siege into a keep with 5-6 cold fires raining down on you is generally something you would rather avoid. The way to avoid it is to get siege in before people know you are there, get the keep flagged so you are only dealing with people riding there and getting into the inner. It's not really about avoiding fights and pvdooring, although sometimes that's what people want... It's prudent and good tactics to not show your numbers until you have to. I'll admit that some groups take the staying in stealth thing a little too far.

Lastly, I'd like to point out how amazingly effective using dead bodies as lures is. You can slowly litter the field of battle, in a location of your choosing, with bodies that cry out in teamspeak for help (no one wants to ride back after all). Any group foolish enough not to take care of that situation and respond with force and get their dead rezzed is a group of fools. Sending that one templar back to rez alone, and then a slow drip of players to rez that templar just absolutely messes things up. It's the holy grail of ganking and 1vxing to be allowed to slowly take out a raid.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    I have a Tyro mentality
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    Sorry other players ruined your 1vX video attempts; solid salt compilation tho.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Chori wrote: »
    I have a Tyro mentality

I like ur comment :D
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you hate zergs why would you play this game? The game is pretty awful but its one redeeming quality is that it does large fights better than any other game out there. If competitive small scale pvp is your main interest the arena community in WoW is awesome.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viva La Zerg!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    I mostly play in small groups these days, so I do understand the frustration of simply getting overwhelmed by numbers.
    But...if you (or I) choose to play solo or in very small groups...in a game where we know most players play in large groups...then do we really get to complain when we get outnumbered?
    I mean it, honestly, if you solo or small group, you are choosing to play outnumbered...then you come on the forums complaining that...you were outnumbered...and wanting everyone else to stop playing the way they like to play, so that you can more easily play the way you like to play?

This is exactly how I look at it. Though I surf most of the time these days, I still get zerged down a lot and when I do I only ever blame myself for putting myself in that position -- which was usually intended because yolo is the only way to play eso!

There are dudes who will regularly send hate tells for stepping in to help fellow random teammates. It's idiotic.

Furthermore, half the regular players remaining seem to play very tanky builds that require more than one player to take down in a timely manner.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch your video, but I was one of the founding members of the guild, When Zergs Collide (CERN) in GW2.

How can I not be a zergling? :)
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Grunim wrote: »
    I didn't watch your video, but I was one of the founding members of the guild, When Zergs Collide (CERN) in GW2.

watch it! u will be entertained XD

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »
    Grunim wrote: »

watch it! u will be entertained XD

Yes, it did make me smile. Cheers!
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to play the game in the faction stack style. No one should be upset about how I play the game. It doesn't ruin their fun in any way.

There are the obvious idiots who put themselves in situations to get zerged down, but there are plenty of people who just want good fights and will go out of their way to try and find them only for a 24man group to go out of their way to make sure they can't. There's some sort of mental triggering aspect to this game where one player sees a heavy armor magplar not dying and they absolutely lose their mind, and other people have the same reaction to seeing a small group (or sometimes not even seeing, it just gets called out at a resource at an insignificant back keep). Some people, usually in the largest groups or the lemmings moving with the faction tide, cannot live their lives knowing these people are playing the game differently than them.

Yes, if you poke the zerg you have to expect to be overrun at some point. Same if you take a keep or outpost. Maybe because I didn't watch the whole video, but these are pretty well known things and people seem to be insinuating that you can't 1vX or play in a small group any other way. Plenty of 1vXers or small groups decide not to attack me or the group I'm in because I don't lose my *** over seeing people from another faction and it goes both ways.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    If you hate zergs why would you play this game? The game is pretty awful but its one redeeming quality is that it does large fights better than any other game out there. If competitive small scale pvp is your main interest the arena community in WoW is awesome.

I much prefer BDO over ESO for large group fights. Way more dynamic and interesting.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    I never join zerg groups, but I do get caught up on them. And no I'm not gonna not take a keep just because it's getting zerged.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my personal list:

1) disengages from 1v1 and sometimes even 2v1 two make it Xv1 with their zerg/4-man group/whatever on a NON-support build.

2) people who join long-lasting 1v1 fights to make them 10v1... (imho my own faction excels at that...)

... not much else (seriously, i don't care if you love to play in solo, in groups of 4, 8, or 48 xD) and I don't really mind if I get outnumbered and die. sure, it may be frustrating if this happens a couple of times in a row. i don't mind if there are 40 AD wannabe-legolas bosmer standing in front of sejanus with their bows, trying to snipe people that just respawned until they wipe once again. i don't expect groups to spare me or to send equal numbers. why would I? but people avoiding proper fights (single target builds running from a 1v1) trigger me

relevance for some people posting in this thread fully intended.
    Edited by Kas on May 2, 2017 10:35AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    People are missing the point, it's a comedy video about:

The only thing the video is trying to show people is that one will not improve if they
    - Zergsurf every single day
    - Stay on siege in a keep forever
    - Chase down 1 player with 20 on horses
    - Resurrecting non-stop while 5v1-ing a solo player

I found the vid funny but as an ex Blackwater puglord I know that some are new to the game, new to PvP or don't have much time. The PvP learning curve can be slow especially if they never had a good leader or went out solo to get good.

The uselessnes of zerglings is amusing though and crusnik captures it well here. Even the best solo players zerg from time to time and the vid is not trying to say that zerging is wrong, the game was advertised as mass AvAvA PvP everyone knows this.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    raviour wrote: »
    People are missing the point, it's a comedy video about:

The only thing the video is trying to show people is that one will not improve if they
    - Zergsurf every single day
    - Stay on siege in a keep forever
    - Chase down 1 player with 20 on horses
    - Resurrecting non-stop while 5v1-ing a solo player

I found the vid funny but as an ex Blackwater puglord I know that some are new to the game, new to PvP or don't have much time. The PvP learning curve can be slow especially if they never had a good leader or went out solo to get good.

The uselessnes of zerglings is amusing though and crusnik captures it well here. Even the best solo players zerg from time to time and the vid is not trying to say that zerging is wrong, the game was advertised as mass AvAvA PvP everyone knows this.

TQ! you sir are one of the few that understood the direction of the video ;)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

I like to play the game in the faction stack style. No one should be upset about how I play the game. It doesn't ruin their fun in any way.

There are the obvious idiots who put themselves in situations to get zerged down, but there are plenty of people who just want good fights and will go out of their way to try and find them only for a 24man group to go out of their way to make sure they can't. There's some sort of mental triggering aspect to this game where one player sees a heavy armor magplar not dying and they absolutely lose their mind, and other people have the same reaction to seeing a small group (or sometimes not even seeing, it just gets called out at a resource at an insignificant back keep). Some people, usually in the largest groups or the lemmings moving with the faction tide, cannot live their lives knowing these people are playing the game differently than them.

Yes, if you poke the zerg you have to expect to be overrun at some point. Same if you take a keep or outpost. Maybe because I didn't watch the whole video, but these are pretty well known things and people seem to be insinuating that you can't 1vX or play in a small group any other way. Plenty of 1vXers or small groups decide not to attack me or the group I'm in because I don't lose my *** over seeing people from another faction and it goes both ways.

I much prefer BDO over ESO for large group fights. Way more dynamic and interesting.

I've heard that about BDO but I don't do Korean games, Arch Age tought me that lesson lol
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard that about BDO but I don't do Korean games, Arch Age tought me that lesson lol

Yeah I won't call it P2W like AA, but too much of a time investment.

• crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

at least u can create pretty chicks with korean mmo, unlike ESO XD

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    When I see a Zerg coming toward me I figure I'm dead anyway, so I charge and try to take some of them with me.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

at least u can create pretty chicks with korean mmo, unlike ESO XD

True lol, but you have to grind till you *** die, then grind a little bit more.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact raid 7 reporting in.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Pact raid 7 reporting in.

damn son! pact7 is now full type LFG pact8 for new group 20/24 atm :D

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man. I think this game does small fights better than any other.

It does large fights quite horribly. If i were into giant 40+ people fights per faction i´d still play daoc. It is still much better than eso ever was in that regard.

The first 50s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdlNJQ0aa10
    Edited by Derra on May 5, 2017 8:38AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Derra wrote: »

Man. I think this game does small fights better than any other.

It does large fights quite horribly. If i were into giant 40+ people fights per faction i´d still play daoc. It is still much better than eso ever was in that regard.

But but but but it was advertised as laaarge scaaaaale so it muuuust be the best !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess what? it is also better in group vs group (8v8) terms

https://youtu.be/1IMrMIXaOAk

https://youtu.be/zkRb4XysuPQ
    Edited by Yuke on May 5, 2017 11:19AM
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's Xsorus???????????????

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    I don't have a pure zergling mentality, but I try to be realistic.

If I am running with a group, I will often break off to interrupt rezzes or try to kill the last one or two players off on the side, but if I then get jumped by 3 stamblades, or the group breaks off from the area, or it doesn't look like I'm going to finish that guy any time soon (killing an infinite dodge stam build or another good magsorc on a standard magsorc build is tough), I'll just disengage.

As asserted by others, it is pretty foolish to allow a 1vXer to slowly pick off members of your group. Good group builds generally don't play well without the rest of the group, so take him out quickly so you can move on with your objective. If the 1vXer goes into full immovable speed pot and escapse, I let him go and wait for him to come back (because they always do) and burst him then.

When I run solo or small group, the times I typically go after outnumbered solo players is when they are obviously a tank or are likely to attempt a gank later if I don't make sure they are dead. Killing the tank frees up the allies that were wasting their time on him.

Video was pretty funny btw!
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter