The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you have a zergling mentality?

crusnik91
crusnik91
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLihEC8_CY

If you have 3 out of 5 or more the points from the video then you are one of them :'(
Otherwise you are one of us o:)

If you felt salty after watching the video, click here:
Ohh please look at the title of the video - ESO comedy #6. No need to take it so seriously boi.
The only thing the video is trying to show people is that one will not improve if they
- Zergsurf every single day
- Stay on siege in a keep forever
- Chase down 1 player with 20 on horses
- Resurrecting non-stop while 5v1-ing a solo player
Edited by crusnik91 on April 30, 2017 12:21PM
YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
Courageous DC
Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
Relentless AD
Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18

Do you have a zergling mentality? 87 votes

Yes, ZERK POWAR FOREVER!!
32%
GrunimSolarikenssewallb14_ESOMost_Awesomegpreid81kkravaritieb17_ESOTexasGhost-ShotYuketonemdasneakybananaDerraTakllincmetzger93QuebraRegraGreenSoup2HoTMaster_KasPhxOldGamer68DocFrost72Gabrielzavadski 28 votes
No.
50%
CavalryPKDeHeiEtanielIxSTALKERxIChililianSPE825MagnusRexparkourpageeb17_ESOAllu07neb18_ESOAnazasiDurhamRajajshkatplink3r1SheeyshockjockeyFreecryFearlessOne_2014DamianosSpliffoCurtdogg47 44 votes
Others...
17%
rfennell_ESODarlgonElsterchenmartinhpb16_ESOSodanTokmtwiggzFlyLionelChoriSerjustin19Drummerx04FluffyReachWitchVapirkoDrakkdjinnNo_True_ScotsmanWrubius_Coronaria 15 votes
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I mean, part of the problem in some of those clips is you are trying to pick a fight with a player that is standing amongst a large group of players that outnumber you so I'm not sure what you expect...

Also sometimes multiple breaches are required for some keep takes, in particular final emperor keeps. Perhaps not in the example you showed though.

I do agree with everything else though in particular those that prioritize resurrecting over finishing the fight against 1 enemy.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    This whole "I don't zerg" thing is becoming the ESO version of virtue signalling. Look at this arbitrary amount of people I engage in a virtual recreational activity with! Now look how God damned cool I am.
    Edited by No_True_Scotsman on April 30, 2017 3:52AM
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a zergling.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Texas
    Texas
    ✭✭✭
    Read my signature!

Edit: Can confirm @Takllin is a zergling.
    Edited by Texas on April 30, 2017 7:55AM
    Vehemence Mindless Zergling
    All Classes and All Factions
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Others...
    "Mooom! They saw me killing their guy and didn't let me disengage so I can return to kill another in endless cycle of honorable oneshot ganks!!!"

If i check out at 2/5 do I have to start doing one more so I dont have to be "one of you"?
    I bet that addon helps you tremendously to feel better than other players
    Edited by SodanTok on April 30, 2017 11:17AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats worse a casual player follow others to make cyrodil somewhat bearable

Or

Players constantly chasing meta, speccing out, grouping up with other fully specced out players only to noob hunt
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Now by your very laws of zergling mentality. I fail at all of them. However I find enjoyment out of ZvZing, zerg hoping, 1,2,3,4vXing, and ganking. It just depends on my mood at the time of the day.

So what does that make me? Am I just divergent or is your zergling mentality checklist just is completely false?

Maybe if this was the "Brain Dead Gamer Mentality" Checklist I would be able to agree with you.

Tho I will agree with you on one point. I also don't like these types of players. However they do make for some good AP pinatas. So it's good to keep them around. And let them breed more. When farming for AP I much rather fight these types of players then players say like Sribes and Fengrush.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a solo duo 1vx xv1 small scale random zerg surfer/diver bomber raider. It's all fun. And yeah, I'll totally rez a teammate if I get an opportunity. It doesn't matter when. I'll zerg you down and get zerged down without complaining.

I play open world AvA because of its diversity and dynamic nature.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    This whole "I don't zerg" thing is becoming the ESO version of virtue signalling. Look at this arbitrary amount of people I engage in a virtual recreational activity with! Now look how God damned cool I am.

Ohh please look at the title of the video - ESO comedy #6. No need to take it so seriously boi.
    The only thing the video is trying to show people is that one will not improve if they
    Alright now, the real question. Do u have the mentality? insert*smily face wink wink*

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @No_True_Scotsman zergs me down when I try to hang out with his friends. :(
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Now by your very laws of zergling mentality. I fail at all of them. However I find enjoyment out of ZvZing, zerg hoping, 1,2,3,4vXing, and ganking. It just depends on my mood at the time of the day.

So what does that make me? Am I just divergent or is your zergling mentality checklist just is completely false?

Maybe if this was the "Brain Dead Gamer Mentality" Checklist I would be able to agree with you.

Tho I will agree with you on one point. I also don't like these types of players. However they do make for some good AP pinatas. So it's good to keep them around. And let them breed more. When farming for AP I much rather fight these types of players then players say like Sribes and Fengrush.

video title: ESO comedy #6, no need to take it so seriously ;)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent with another entertaining video! Hypeeeeeee.

But ye. What saddens me the most is when I see people that's got potential to be a good solo/duo/smallscale-player decides to 100% zerg-surf/zerg/not focus on improving instead.

Like.. Why do you have to stay with the zerg when, with practise you can be fine on your own=.=!
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ye. What saddens me the most is when I see people that's got potential to be a good solo/duo/smallscale-player decides to 100% zerg-surf/zerg/not focus on improving instead.

Like.. Why do you have to stay with the zerg when, with practise you can be fine on your own=.=!

Many enjoy zerging. Large scale combat is a feature of this game. It's not a fault to enjoy or prefer it. Furthermore, not everyone has the time or inclination to improve significantly for a variety of reasons. This is not a fault either, especially because this is a recreational activity.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Many enjoy zerging. Large scale combat is a feature of this game. It's not a fault to enjoy or prefer it. Furthermore, not everyone has the time or inclination to improve significantly for a variety of reasons. This is not a fault either, especially because this is a recreational activity.

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying that I get sad when I see people zergsurfing, that could do fine solo or in a smaller group. Because you do not improve your skills running in a random zerg.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The problem is communications. It's very hard to get reliable intel and communications in real time of what objectives are being pushed. ZOS or those clever ADD-ON guys need to find a way to enhance that type of information.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying that I get sad when I see people zergsurfing, that could do fine solo or in a smaller group. Because you do not improve your skills running in a random zerg.

Right, but not everyone cares about that. It's cool that you seem to, but not everyone takes it very seriously. No one tryhards absolutely everything in life.

Not only that, but many prefer large scale combat and others do not find small scale to be entertaining. Solo and small scale aren't inherently superior.

Edited by zyk on April 30, 2017 1:23PM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Crescent with another entertaining video! Hypeeeeeee.

thanks lieb!

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has played literally every type of Cyrodiil gameplay, I can't understand the cross-hate. I've played solo a lot, I played with a raid group with Decibel, I've played small and medium sized groups, and I don't understand the nonsense.

Yeah, 20 people chasing down one Sorc is stupid on their part, but if you take them two minutes out of the way, you've taken 20 people out of the fight for four minutes. Escape or die, I'd call that a win. As a solo player, you have to know what comes with the territory.

And I don't think playing in a *high caliber* raid in Cyrodiil is as mindless as some other people suggest, it's very difficult to get people to move in a coordinated manner and be effective, and one bad player can drag the entire group down. Yes, the mechanics favor numbers far too much, but that's the nature of the beast. With Morrowind we will have at least a game-type that is instanced so if you don't like being outnumbered, you have a game type to play.

As far as what I've heard called "zerg-surfing," I prefer to call it "meat shielding." If I'm soloing and I'm fatally outnumbered, why not streak back to Allies and use them as cover? What's wrong with that? If I'm moving from a keep to keep and there's a group running alongside me, am I supposed to pass up Free AP while they roll over people?
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just impatient and want a fight now. That means running to the nearest cross hairs or the nearest flipped resource.

I like large scale more since going for the resource humpers is just a case of trying to 1v4 when the 4 is often an optimised TS group using a lot of synergies.. Or sometimes a sad group of tanks that only kills with coordinated ulti dumps. Then if more come it turns into a benny-hill race around a keep. Not my idea of fun.

These 'small-scalers' effectively stop soloers from soloing, and only encourages them (me) to zergsurf instead.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Haha that vid, pretty much spot on.

It only lacks a cameo by "that one guy" who didn't get the memo that the chase has been called off, and that he's the only one left (what follows usually isn't pretty).

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    @No_True_Scotsman zergs me down when I try to hang out with his friends. :(

This is obviously a lie. I don't have any friends!
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others...
    crusnik91 wrote: »

Alright now, the real question. Do u have the mentality? insert*smily face wink wink*

You tried to wave off any possible dissent by telling people not to watch if they're easily offended. Do you regularly dismiss dissenting opinions by calling them offended? This is, according to some people, a leisure activity. Why do you care so much about how other people spend their time?

The real question underlying your real question: does it really matter?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    I play solo and send a good amount of my time attempting to defend resources with no other allied player on the same side of the map as me.
    But if I see a dead player of my faction laying dead, even if I dislike them, I stop what I'm doing and rez them. Regardless of what's happening.
    Not because I need their help. I don't. I just know how much it sucks to lay there dead and I picture someone at another side of there computer just dreaming of someone picking them up.
    Doesn't even seem like a nice thing to do. Just....basic decency. Lol.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If after the IC DLC you are still playing ESO PVP and were expecting some measure of balance you should be zerged in every game you ever play for the rest of time. The PVP DLC was a PVE disaster and it was very clear then that those of us who wanted a better PVP experience werent getting it.

Now flash to "battle grounds" and now this is supposed to be the better. These are the same people that brought you all sorts of foolishness and youre expecting something else?

You've stolen from me the precious few brain cells I have left after reading this thread.

RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE STOLEN OR BE ZERGED FOREVER !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut23WARAm7A
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant speak for everyone - but back when i did run larger groups, what i found was that if we ignored that one ganker, then we'd have a serious problem, so we'd chase his [snip] down and make sure they lost hte fun out of tailing us.

its simple, you harass a large group, they are going to get fed up and get ruthless. why not? you were ruthless with the ganking. or was your stealth bomb while someone was checking their map come with honor?

Edited by Rickter on May 1, 2017 1:09PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm defo a zergling i don't play the game because i love it so much or for bragging rights etc etc, i play it because of my friends and guild mates mainly, if they wasn't in eso i wouldn't be.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I cant speak for everyone - but back when i did run larger groups, what i found was that if we ignored that one ganker, then we'd have a serious problem, so we'd chase his [snip] down and make sure they lost hte fun out of tailing us.

its simple, you harass a large group, they are going to get fed up and get ruthless. why not? you were ruthless with the ganking. or was your stealth bomb while someone was checking their map come with honor?

Exactly this. If a solo player decides to make himself a problem for a group, the group will deal with him no matter how many trees he tries to run around and no matter how super cool he looks doing the 1vX jump.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big XvX keep battles and field battles are what makes this game shine.

I really hate organized stack-on-clown ball groups because they can only be busted by another of the same kind of group and their tight-area spamming kills the server. But d-trickling unorganized zergs are so delicious.

I play solo 95% of the time but like most people I am drawn to the crossed swords, and much of the time I show up to help pug-thump some 1vX or small man fkbois who /w me all their salt.

If you try to 1vX, you are going to get Xv1'd... Why is that so hard to understand?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can only imagine how mobs feel. Inevitable demise. Getting ready to start your worship at your local dolmen with this sinking feeling that those people around you won't just watch. Being trapped in a perpetual reincarnation circle that you cannot escape.

Pure horror. And the one guy who isn't even there get's his one-liner every time. Is he mocking us or them? Have a heart, next time pick some flowers and let them pray in peace.

Edit: Please translate this to Cyrodil related content, I'm not there enough to proper identify the local populus.
    Edited by Rouven on May 1, 2017 2:52PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett