The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can anyone name me some good 5-piece sets for tanks?

DonWalking
DonWalking
✭✭✭
Basically as the title says, but the set MUST be accessible through ALL items (Excluding Staffs, and Two-Handed Swords) including jewelry!

Also is "Brands of Imperium" any good?

Thanks y'all.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akaviri Dragongaurd.

Hist bark.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague Doctor (can give you up to 10k health) would be my first choice.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the situation... I rotate in depending on what's needed... Alkosh, Ebon, Defending Warrior, Nobles Conquest (the only crafted set I wear so no jewellery), and yes, even Imperium are all useful.
    Edited by GreatGildersleeve on April 29, 2017 3:56AM
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague dr but the other set depends on your build and preferences. For example, I personally prefer something less flashy but constant and reliable over something with a small % to proc
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x Plague Doctor + 5x Green Pact (both heavy). Lazy and "easy-to-get" choice for any tank.
    Edited by mocap on April 29, 2017 4:43AM
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Tavas and hist bark are craftable so no jewelry, but are customizable. Ebon, alkosh, plague doctor, and dragonguard are sets that drop in everything. Imperium is not the worst but it's certainly not the best. It's situational in PvE but might be better in PvP.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the situation... I rotate in depending on what's needed... Alkosh, Ebon, Defending Warrior, Nobles Conquest (the only crafted set I wear so no jewellery), and yes, even Imperium are all useful.

Why using Noble's Conquest? if concussion and Aethar 5 Piece gives same 8% more damage buff!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you a new tank then Alkosh, Akari Dragongaurd are not going to help you.

As these sets are for experienced tanks as their buff help group and your tank survivability is low.

if you are new to tanking, go for Plague Doctor 5 Piece + 5 Piece Ebon/ 5 Piece Histbark/Armor Master + 2 Piece Monster Helm
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭

Why using Noble's Conquest? if concussion and Aethar 5 Piece gives same 8% more damage buff!

Nobles is mostly for solo or 4 man stuff. The crew I run with doesn't use the full 5 Aether (usually 3 IA + BSW + monster) so that debuff still comes in handy.
    And the heal works well when soloing... saved my buns a few times.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HP built sorc w/ plague doctor and maybe armour master(??????)

my good friend runs the build and reaches over 70k hp; with the clannfear's ability he heals for 50k so he basically never dies
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top ones seem to be Ebon, Tava, Alkosh and Akavari.

If you want ones that are easier and cheaper to get Histbark and Whitestrake are craftable for low level tanks.
    Pariah, Bahraha's Curse and Hide of the Werewolf are really cheap and easy to find.

Interesting to see people here recommending Plague Doctor and Green Pact.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For trials, since most anything can be used for vet and normal dungeons.

Ebon and alkosh are the most commonly used tanking sets in trials. Ebon being a mainstay. Alkosh takes a bit to farm since one only wants that in jewelry, shield and weapons. Best to start with farming for Ebon.

Plague can be a decent starter set and is easy to find at guild traders.

Akavari Dragon guard was heavily used about 6 months ago but sets that provide help to the group have become more popular and sets like dragon guard can through WH rotations out of sync. Can be fine for out of trials or something until getting Alkosh. Also, unless your a DK it provides no benefit to you.

Hist bark can be a decent starting set but not something I have seen in trials in well over a year.

Armor Master is a mess. Requires having a skill on both bars for the health bonus and that same skill provides your armor buff. Since once a tank has more preferred armor sets the skill for the Armor master set will not be used again.

Imperium is fine for 4 man content but not really used in Trials.

• Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my favorite is vampire cloak and magicka furnace with chudan 2pc.

of course I use a frost staff as well.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't listen to anyone saying ebon or plague doctor or any set that does literally nothing. The 5 pc effect of your sets should be helping the team in a significant way, like debuffing the boss or buffing/sustaining you or your allies. Alkosh or any sort of ultimate generation set or any high strong effects are great.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to anyone saying ebon or plague doctor or any set that does literally nothing. The 5 pc effect of your sets should be helping the team in a significant way, like debuffing the boss or buffing/sustaining you or your allies. Alkosh or any sort of ultimate generation set or any high strong effects are great.

Did you just say Ebon does nothing?
    a7e.jpg
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spriggan.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebon= group buff? TF?

Alkosh, not that great, it's overated and will be unsustainable come morrowind.

Tava's, Akiviri dragon guard, and even eternal yokeda are all solid. Regardless of the naysayers
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkosh and ebon.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Ebon
    • Hist Bark
    • Alkosh
    • Tava's Favor
    • Akaviri Dragonguard
    • Powerful Assault
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you firstly?

For starting tanking, managing resources is the main thing. So you need to think about your class. Do sustains from ultimates and magica recovery. Nightblade sustain from using a lot of magica abilities, so again, sets which let you use a lot of abilities is nice.

You don't need crazy health most things. 30k is plenty. So forget plague doctors etc. Ebon is the only health based set worth thinking about as it gives your whole group extra health.

Later on, it's about bringing something to the group. Debuffs and support etc.
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 30, 2017 12:22AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ebon= group buff? TF?

Tava's, Akiviri dragon guard, and even eternal yokeda are all solid. Regardless of the naysayers

They combine 2 synergies on a shared cooldown and you think that will make Alkosh "unsustainable" In most groups there will still be plenty of synergies for experienced tanks to use. Shards/Orbs, Conduit, Purify, Budding Seed and the occasional Standard. You only need 2 technically to keep full up time on a boss, in reality that is really hard to accomplish, but with 4 steady streamed ones and 1 extra every now and then and you are solid.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon+Imperium+Lord Warden. For a classic tank.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebon= group buff? TF?

They combine 2 synergies on a shared cooldown and you think that will make Alkosh "unsustainable" In most groups there will still be plenty of synergies for experienced tanks to use. Shards/Orbs, Conduit, Purify, Budding Seed and the occasional Standard. You only need 2 technically to keep full up time on a boss, in reality that is really hard to accomplish, but with 4 steady streamed ones and 1 extra every now and then and you are solid.

This is technically true.

I just see in practice that the need to maintain heals and other forms of mitigation and damage rarely affords the time to actually maintain this debuff. But for some it works, for most I see them using it just because a couple streamers use it as their "meta".

It doesn't work right for every group. And there's no need to brand the set as the only way to tank vet trials. Or exclude others from tanking
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DonWalking wrote: »
    Basically as the title says, but the set MUST be accessible through ALL items (Excluding Staffs, and Two-Handed Swords) including jewelry!

Also is "Brands of Imperium" any good?

Thanks y'all.

2 blood spawn
    5 tavas
    5 alkosh interchangable with imperium depending on if synergies or weak healer.

Ur playstyle is to poop out warhorns. Chain and talon all mobs to u.the reason for this is simple: more dps done in less time.
    Bs/tavas/alkosh bis for trial tanking

Well see what happens with morrowind but currenlty this is the meta.
    As a player witb many dps as well as tank and healer toons i can safely say i dont need any more hp after food buff. So dont wear ebon. Ever. Imperium is going to outplay it every time all the time. Even in trials.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Says use sets helpful to group.
    Says Ebon is useless.

I'm sorry but if you think a set that gives your trial group a total health increase of ~12k is "useless", you're the one that needs to be ignored.
    Argonian forever
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question for everyone recommending Tava's... why? In a properly constructed trial run you'll have a four war horn rotation going. Is your ulti gen really that bad?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@clocksstoppe

While you are correct that Plague does nothing for the group, Ebon does and there is a reason most competitive teams use it

Again, your right about Alkosh and often worn by both tanks to increase uptime of the debuff, but ult gen sets like Tavas are out of favor as it throws off the WH rotation between the tanks and healers. Powerful Assault is popular as well, but I did not mention it since I am expecting he is just starting out.
    Question for everyone recommending Tava's... why? In a properly constructed trial run you'll have a four war horn rotation going. Is your ulti gen really that bad?

Exactly what I said.
    Edited by idk on April 30, 2017 1:50AM