The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should CP be removed from PvP?

• Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    There is already a CP-less campaign and no one plays it. What is it with people complaining about wanting things that already exist?

It's more about the fact PvP balance effects PvE fun.

Pve fun? Its an absolute faceroll. So easy its cant be fun
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Buffler wrote: »
    There is already a CP-less campaign and no one plays it. What is it with people complaining about wanting things that already exist?

It's more about the fact PvP balance effects PvE fun.

Pve fun? Its an absolute faceroll. So easy its cant be fun

Tell that to the PUG groups in the dungeon finder, 70%of the time I basically have to solo the dungeon in PUG groups. Only 1% are the top 1%....what about the other 99%? It's gonna be way worse after Morrowind. Most people aren't hitting top DPS numbers, from what I've seen as a daily user of group finder is most people are hitting around 10k DPS qued as DPS, and "tanks" can't ever keep the boss stationary. So I'm tanking with shields myself, self healing with crit surge, and doing 80% of the DPS right now in dungeons...imagine after Morrowind nerfs how hard that will be with sustain issues....it will get way more frustrating than it already is!
    Edited by jlboozer on April 28, 2017 3:09PM
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I prefer fast-paced, high-damage gameplay where you can 'one-combo' people with a lot of consistency. In terms of BGs, I think I'll like it—but in open world small-group/solo PvP—when I'm going to be fighting a 2v6 every 2-3 minutes? I much prefer the extra damage.
    Edited by SnubbS on April 28, 2017 3:16PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Option 3, get good.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    Option 3, get good.

I'm already good, 1v1 me on ps4 NA if you want to find out. Not about being good, it's about PvP balance effecting PvE too much!
    Edited by jlboozer on April 28, 2017 3:26PM
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Keep CP for PvE, remove it for PvP. It will let us be one step closer to finally separate PvE and PvP.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    Keep CP for PvE, remove it for PvP. It will let us be one step closer to finally separate PvE and PvP.

This guy gets it...exactly!
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 3, get good.

Already good, 1v1 me on ps4 NA if you want to find out. Not about being good, it's about PvP balance effecting PvE too much!

PvP is honestly pretty balanced if you pretend Heavy Armor doesn't exist. Two MagSorcs will still fight for 20 minutes at a time, but outside of that—the damage, the sustain—I think it's all in a really good place.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    I mean keep a cyrodiil map that has CP but like the default should be no CP IMHO.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    With the current setup, players have the option to choose a CP or non-CP campaign.

Having the choice is better than no choice at all ...
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Do not remove.

Add more things instead of removing stuff.

I tho this thread was going to have a good discussion going on but it's all about people complaining and blaming PvP.

I said it what? 60 times? This is what PvPrs have been complaining for now 2 years.

Permablock, increase cost poisons, heal spam, siege weapon damage, eye of flame, proc set stack, Light and Medium being too weak, Nightblade being too weak, Dark Deal being too strong, lag, focus aim exploit and Alliances overpopulation.

There's any of those features in the patch notes? That's it, get facts before you blame the PvP community.
    Edited by Kay1 on April 28, 2017 3:37PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    I think removing CP from PVP gives us the balancing needed in it. Playing no CP is more about player gear set ups and skills used. With CP its easy mode - all you need to do is wear two proc sets, set your regen to max and pound away at the keyboard.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Option 3, get good.

Already good, 1v1 me on ps4 NA if you want to find out. Not about being good, it's about PvP balance effecting PvE too much!

PvP is honestly pretty balanced if you pretend Heavy Armor doesn't exist. Two MagSorcs will still fight for 20 minutes at a time, but outside of that—the damage, the sustain—I think it's all in a really good place.

That's because shields are more broken than CP in PvP.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Potenza wrote: »
    I think removing CP from PVP gives us the balancing needed in it. Playing no CP is more about player gear set ups and skills used. With CP its easy mode - all you need to do is wear two proc sets, set your regen to max and pound away at the keyboard.

This statement applies to the current meta, but let's wait and see how the new CP changes impact PvP before removing them altogether.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Do not remove.

I tho this thread was going to have a good discussion going on but it's all about people complaining and blaming PvP.

I said it what? 60 times? This is what PvPrs have been complaining for now 2 years.

Permablock, increase cost poisons, heal spam, siege weapon damage, eye of flame, proc set stack, Light and Medium being too weak, Nightblade being too weak, Dark Deal being too strong, lag, focus aim exploit and Alliances overpopulation.

There's any of those features in the patch notes? That's it, get facts before you blame the PvP community.

Not blaming pvp, it's great! What I'm blaming is the blanket nerfs to everything because of PvP "balance"...they really should balance PvP and PvE separately because they are 2 totally different game modes. Its like nerfing baseball because hockey is to rough....however, you do make some good points!
    Edited by jlboozer on April 28, 2017 3:55PM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    This thread again...
    Just go Azura, if you dislike CP that much, dont push your bs on all of PvP.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Do not remove.

Not blaming pvp, it's great! What I'm blaming is the blanket nerfs to everything because of PvP "balance"...they really should balance PvP and PvE separately because they are 2 totally different game modes. Its like nerfing baseball because hockey is to rough....however, you do make some good points!

They nerfed sustain because they don't want solo players with high damage and sustain builds completing vet content as much as they wanted to balance PvP. Saying all these nerfs are about PvP is not accurate.

90% of PvE content was ridiculously easy and they don't want the PvE game to be a complete joke so the nerfs are driven by PvE as much as PvP, if not more.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Enslaved wrote: »
    This thread again...

Likewise, stop pushing your PvP balance changes on us PvE players. Same situation, just opposite ends of the spectrum!
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can choose to play a non CP campaign I would say no to removing CP from all PvP. If you talk about removing CP across all aspects of the game then I would say yes as personally I think it is a poor design for many reasons (to many to derail the original topic)
  • Dragnelus
    Dragnelus
    ✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    You have the right to choose - a CP or a no-CP campaign. You are not forced to play with CPs if you don't want to. Why to remove them and taking all the fun for players who actually like CPs in PvP?

That's why I think it would be good to make also a CP version of BGs.

It's good to satisfy everyone, people who like CPs in PvP and people who don't. Simple, keep both modes so players can choose to their liking.

ANd enjoy long waiting ques, just remove it from pvp. Ppl who like the cp will still come bit vice versa not!
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Enslaved wrote: »
    This thread again...

Likewise, stop pushing your PvP balance changes on us PvE players. Same situation, just opposite ends of the spectrum!

See my post above, these changes are about PvE and not PvP. Take off the rose color glasses and look objectively at the changes in their full context.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    Do not remove.

They nerfed sustain because they don't want solo players with high damage and sustain builds completing vet content as much as they wanted to balance PvP. Saying all these nerfs are about PvP is not accurate.

90% of PvE content was ridiculously easy and they don't want the PvE game to be a complete joke so the nerfs are driven by PvE as much as PvP, if not more.

And yet, less than 1% of players have even completed VmA...and that's before the nerfs!
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Do not remove.

And yet, less than 1% of players have even completed VmA...and that's before the nerfs!

That sounds more like vMA needs to be fixed then and not nerf the entire PvP scene.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    The thing with having a non-CP and CP campaigns is that they are really totally different from each other. They are two different games. So if we continue to have both type campaigns as a choice then achievements and ranks gained should be marked as to what type of campaign it was achieved in.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Dragnelus wrote: »
    You have the right to choose - a CP or a no-CP campaign. You are not forced to play with CPs if you don't want to. Why to remove them and taking all the fun for players who actually like CPs in PvP?

It's good to satisfy everyone, people who like CPs in PvP and people who don't. Simple, keep both modes so players can choose to their liking.

ANd enjoy long waiting ques, just remove it from pvp. Ppl who like the cp will still come bit vice versa not!

Are you saying that by getting rid of CP there will be shorter ques for pvp? As in the solution is to make stop people from wanting to play PvP?
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    muh remove cp.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Yes cp is a problem but without it there will be no build diversity as most ppl run the same set ups already
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Removing CP from PvP to close the "power gap" is not really going to make much change. Because a more experianced Veteran player will always have an advantage over a less esperianced player. Even more so if you remove it. A hardcore PvP player will still hold more advantage over a casual PvE player that plays PvP every once in awhile.

So even if you remove CP there will still be a power gap between players.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Dragnelus
    Dragnelus
    ✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP
    Dragnelus wrote: »

Are you saying that by getting rid of CP there will be shorter ques for pvp? As in the solution is to make stop people from wanting to play PvP?

Yes and no
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep CP in PvP
    Why not both? Choices are a good thing in a game
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI