The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What Non-Buffing Spells can a Player Cast on me in a NON-PVP situation

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I was moving to harvest a rune stone when I was suddenly immobilized by a spell and another player got to the rune stone while I was immobilized.

This was not a PVP situation. What spell is this and why is another allowed to do this?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing short of heals and buffs they can cast on you unless you're dueling. So either you accidentally aggroed a mob or just ran into one of those magic tiny stones/branches on the ground that you gotta go around or something.
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    No crowd agro, (only the other player was there) no "stubbing my toe".

The spell looked like either the Sorcerer Encase or Dragon knight Dark Talons as I did notice objects around my legs.

Still wondering.

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Certain buffs and mementos can interrupt animations.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Lorabella
    Lorabella
    I was going to suggest that it might be a momento. There are a few you can do to affect other players - mudballs, flower blossoms, murder crow strikes.....

I hate getting hit with mudballs. Watching my character standing there to shake the mud off is annoying, especially at a dye/outfit station or when trying on costumes!!!
    PS4 NA Server CP 630+

(EP) | Avariella – Dunmer Templar – Magicka Healer, Main Character and Tamriel Quester
    (AD) | Lorabella – Imperial Nightblade – Stamina Damage Dealer, Master Thief and Werewolf
    (DC) | Wild-Heart – Argonian Warden – Stamina Healer, Y'ffre's Guardian
    (EP) | Ra’Kharjo – Khajiit Sorceror – Magicka Healer and PVP Kitten
    (AD) | Esthaenii – Altmer Dragonknight – Magicka Healer and Fire Mage
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Warden ability that allows the Warden to leap to my location if cast on me, but I'm not sure if that only applies because it's a buff.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the ground shake?
    Sorcerer Bolt escape makes the ground shake
    Templar blazing spear can prohibit you from teleporting etc.

I don't know what other spells beside those two, that aren't listed in this thread already lol It sounds very annoying.. o.o
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    No crowd agro, (only the other player was there) no "stubbing my toe".

The spell looked like either the Sorcerer Encase or Dragon knight Dark Talons as I did notice objects around my legs.

Still wondering.

likely cast by a nearby NPC enemy.. a lot of players will take advantage that you have the agro, and will rush for the booty while you are CC'd or have to fight it out.