The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP balance : Make shields CRITICABLE ?

anathosdm
anathosdm
✭✭✭
After having read the patch notes, I think that PVP balance in Morrowind could be really nice if a few others changes were added : make Pirate Skeletton damage reduction not applies on shield ( it looks like the majority of the community agrees on this ) AND make shields CRITICABLE. (It won t be a too huge nerf if the players wear impen, but must solve the issue with shields stacking etc ).
So what is your opinion ?
Edited by anathosdm on April 22, 2017 2:31PM

PVP balance : Make shields CRITICABLE ? 99 votes

Yes, make shields criticable
39%
deepseamk20b14_ESOJeremyz0rBaByDontHurtMeIruil_ESOkkravaritieb17_ESOAllu07neb18_ESObg22Utt of the Freezing TombAztlanDurhamRohausTomLukmanmurdomac101copitoMercer29SileWabuSleepyTrollmtwiggzCatchMeTrolling 39 votes
No, keep shields un-criticable
51%
arkansas_ESODeadlyReclusegrim_tacticsTHEDKEXPERIENCEMasty_SpySheeyToRelaxTheBonesXXXMinalanDHaleSmoltpaulsimonpsUniversesmacx250DerraEmma_OverloadMinnoApheriusLuminaLillyWaffennacht 51 votes
Others
9%
SodanToktechnohicRajajshkaFearlessOne_2014DragathLord-OttosouravamiKay1UnversedNumber3 9 votes
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anathosdm wrote: »
    After having read the patch notes, I think that PVP balance in Morrowind could be really nice if a few others changes were added : make Pirate Skeletton damage reduction not applies on shield ( it looks like the majority of the community agrees on this ) AND make shields CRITICABLE. (It won t be a too huge nerf if the players wear impen, but must solve the issue with shields stacking etc ).

nerf shields ... make them criticable ... make them unstackable ... nerf darkdeal ... nerf the sorcerer ... delete the sorcerer .

PLEASE , can we take a break and stop the creation of new poll / discusion about the sorcerer shields or dark deal ? I don't know ... you could do more interesting things like ... L2P ?
    Edited by Apherius on April 22, 2017 2:43PM
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

nerf shields ... make them criticable ... make them unstackable ... nerf darkdeal ... nerf the sorcerer ... delete the sorcerer .

PLEASE , can we take a break and stop the creation of new poll / discusion about the sorcerer shields or dark deal ?

This is basically not a huge nerf. And the majority of the community believes sorc is op. IMO sorc isn t the issue but shields are a bit too powerfull. Making them criticable would nerf them a bit withoutmaking them useless

Edit to add that I main both magicka and stam sorc in pvp. Moreover I never said sorc was op, so why L2P ? Furthermore, you don t say anything but just complain.... really constructive
    Edited by anathosdm on April 22, 2017 2:47PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PLEASE , can we take a break and stop the creation of new poll / discusion about the sorcerer shields or dark deal ?

This is basically not a huge nerf. And the majority of the community believes sorc is op. IMO sorc isn t the issue but shields are a bit too powerfull. Making them criticable would nerf them a bit withoutmaking them useless

they have been nerfed 2 times ! the first time they divided the power of shield by 2 ! in PVP , the second time they divided the time of shield by 3 ! . What is the next step ? make them criticable then delete them ,and finally delete the sorcerer ?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since sorc is considered op you want to nerf all light armor users. Whatever universal nerf mag sorc takes will hurt the other magicka classes even more because they are underperforming compared to mag sorc. In the next update we will probably see more players switching to light armor and they will need a damage shield in order to survive. If that one damage shield was crittable it would be useless.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus *** Christ, another thread about shields really?

The forum is full of idiots I'd get a better conversation with the wall.
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    If they are still too powerfull, they deserve a nerf whatever the number of nerfs they already got. But, again, that s not a big nerf : with impen and some cp in crit resist they would take smthg like 10% more damage on a crit hit ( 5% overall more damage against someone with 50% crit chances, while most of the pvp players have more 30% )
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    So since sorc is considered op you want to nerf all light armor users. Whatever universal nerf mag sorc takes will hurt the other magicka classes even more because they are underperforming compared to mag sorc. In the next update we will probably see more players switching to light armor and they will need a damage shield in order to survive. If that one damage shield was crittable it would be useless.

Why would they become useless ? It s like a 3% nerf for a common PVP player. It would just hurt a bit shield stacking mag sorc with full divine and infused ( like my main pvp toon )
    Edited by anathosdm on April 22, 2017 2:58PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would they become useless ? It s like a 3% nerf for a common PVP player. It would just hurt a bit shield stacking mag sorc with full divine and infused ( like my main pvp toon )

if it's like a 3% nerf ,why do you want this nerf ?
    Edited by Apherius on April 22, 2017 3:04PM
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭

if it's like a 3% nerf ,why do you want this nerf ?

"For a common PVP player"
    It would nerf more some extrem builds which makes shields a bit op
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's my understanding that armor mitigation doesn't apply to shields - no impen, no spell or physical resistance. It would be a straight up nerf at the crit chance & damage. If you want to talk about armor mitigation applying to shields, that's a different scenario altogether.
    Edited by smacx250 on April 22, 2017 3:18PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're insane if you think 50% more damage is anywhere near the standard crit modifier.

Some work up an ADDITIONAL 110% damage. Go look at the buffs and debuffs list.

Most players in PvP run HEAVY crit damage.

Shields with no armor resistance and crittable would completely frag shields.

As is, at 22k resist a heal is better than a ward of the same strength.

Then ONTOP of that you ask for set NERFs?

Omg, why not just come out and say "ban magicka builds" because that's what you're asking for.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 22, 2017 3:19PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs wouldn't be useless but they would be be alot weaker. The other classes would be useless in light armor though because no matter the class annulment would be your strongest defensive mechanic as a light armor user, and honestly it's really not that strong. if you use harness and have 41k max magic your harness would only be around 6500 strength. That only absorbs a couple abilities as is to make it crittable would make it useless. Honestly it's already not really viable as is. It's the reason all magicka builds wear heavy armor except sorc
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Others
    Sure, IF they can crit themselves for 50% more strength, like healing.
    Oh, and if they are affected by my crit resist. And armor.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If shields were to be critable they would have to be subject to crit themselves (meaning increased shield if you crit cast them - ofc also modified by your heal/dmg crit cp).

Also physical- and spellresistance would have to work on shields aswell as impenetrable, because the reason why shields can not be crit is that all those don´t work on shields.

Also you should be able to crit on block, because why would you not be able to critically hit someone blocking but a magical barrier?
    Edited by Derra on April 22, 2017 5:13PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think making shields critable makes them useless for everyone but mag sorc and blazeplars.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont know how shields and shieldstacking will perform after morrowind update yet You want to change their base mechanics in new update due to opinions based on current state. That's nonsense.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 22, 2017 5:28PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    If shields were to be critable they would have to be subject to crit themselves (meaning increased shield if you crit cast them - ofc also modified by your heal/dmg crit cp).

Also physical- and spellresistance would have to work on shields aswell as impenetrable, because the reason why shields can not be crit is that all those don´t work on shields.

Also you should be able to crit on block, because why would you not be able to critically hit someone blocking but a magical barrier?

You're talking sense to people who have none.

PS: OP you misspelled 'critable'. If you're going to launch into an ill-informed semi-literate rant on something you don't understand in the least, at least spell it correctly.
    Edited by Minalan on April 23, 2017 6:13AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About pirate skeleton making it not working with shields is huge discrimination of certain playstyle. What next bloodspawn will gives resists and restore ulti only if You dont hold block ?
    Pirate skeleton should just be reworked to make it less effective but not turned off with shields entirely. I think making shields value 15% weaker while pirate skeleton is active could be solution. It could still allow to absorb more dmg with mask procced then without it , but not so much like now.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 22, 2017 5:36PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say not because ZOS needs to stop the nerftrain.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Others
    In current patch I am all for giving them either some or users crit resist and mitigation.
    But with Morrowind coming, there will finally be other damage CP (and frontloaded) that arent crit and pen. So lets see what will happen with that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that Pirate gives Major Protection, meaning:

A. You have to change how major/minor protection works for all sets, poisons, abilities etc...
    B. If not A then you must change it from protection meaning they can stack - no one wants this
    C. Change the duration, which is/was the same as changing proc chance - which they have done

I think just wait and see, then - reevaluate.

Plus aren't there going to be new sets released?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted no, because they not design fluid movement and attack for Sorcs, they die when they stop casting. Sure, they streak so they "move" their character, but not in the sense that they can shoot and scoot at the same time.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭

they have been nerfed 2 times ! the first time they divided the power of shield by 2 ! in PVP , the second time they divided the time of shield by 3 ! . What is the next step ? make them criticable then delete them ,and finally delete the sorcerer ?

They have also been nerfed by allowing dots to work on shields. And buffed by having harness magicka and morphs absorb physical damage and adding bastion to the CP tree. Shield behavior has been changed many times. But blocking crits at expense of no resistance seems like a fair trade off.

VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields should stack. It's the sole thing that gives Sorc its viability to be in light armor and still be in the fight.

MagDK and Magplar have permablock.
    Mageblade has stealth. (when it works)
    Magsorc has shields.

However I do believe that shields should be crittable as they already mitigate DoT damage and negate bleed.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others
    Make them Crittable but revert the duration to 20 seconds.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭
    Just learn how to beat a sorc, shields aren't that OP 'cause if they are then sorcs shouldn't die like those permablock DKs even with 50 ppl pounding on them.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely or double shield breaker 5pc

#stambladePOV
    Edited by Kram8ion on April 23, 2017 8:09AM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screw that. I like my shield and don't run impen. Also, I'm a Magplar.

Instead of nerfing 25 to 50% of the player base why don't you just ... I dunno ... put some equipment on to deal with this problem. Oh wait ... it's because forcing thousands of other people into new gear is ok but not you? Ok got it.
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants sorcs to be on par with target skeletons because they spend about 10 minutes chasing a sorc struggling to kill em with their "small group" of 8 people.
  • Athrys5
    Athrys5
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to make the shields criticable, you're going to nerf all the magicka classes environment. If shields are going to be criticable they need to crit as well, and they'd be affected by spell and physical resistances.
    Imo they just need to nerf Pirate (which is insane) , not sorcs.
    EU - PC

Athryss