Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Guide: How to sustain come morrowind!

• flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »
    Boring, this game is about to become extremely boring...maybe it's time to start looking for another mmo.

Another MMO in today's market is sad. Really not many good options out there like there was 10 years ago. I personally think this is one reason ESO does decent with their buggy mess is because what other AAA MMOs have really been released the last few years.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    3) Potions

You can make potions that give different stats. Assuming the Dragon knight healers aren't as rare as we think then you can craft potions without spell damage and weapon damage.
    Yeah...about that, if I'm in your group...you'd best pack those potions. I'm pretty forgetful about keeping Igneous Weapons up.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this is obvious knowledge for a great many. The parts that are correct. Some of the info is incorrect.

The jewelry glyphs for reducing position CD hasn't worked right in ages.

Blocking for the crit chance CP passives is counter intuitive since stam users blocking are us My up more of their resources, including time, if they're doing it for that passive. Also, it doesn't restore resources.

The reduce cost jewelry glyph do work in fact it works especially well if you do it in combination with say reduction of cost set.

Undaunted Command restores 4% of max magicka, stamina, and health when using synergies. As sustain was not an issue a lot people ignored press x. If healers or dps use or throw more synergies we won't be making heavy attack online.

@Tasear

I'd suggest you read my post again.

I never said everything on your list was more t corretc but merely said much of It should be obvious to most and a couple of the items listed were incorrect.

Not obvious to all people, there's a lot of people who over look the undaunted command passive. There's some people just to hot headed to think about upcoming issues. As to to say this is a guide for anyone to look at all the options. Also you keep saying something is incorrect, but fail to mention what. I would like to fix it if there is something.

For starters the suggestion about an elemental glyph does nothing for Sustain so that is would be incorrect in the context of the OP.

In the sense of Sustain Dk healers would not be ideal as they offer no help with sustain to the group and the notion that their shield will be of much help, the shield will be small, very small.

That is just to name a couple that pop out.

Overall the list is good, though context and cleaning it up to ensure it does not offer things that would detract from a player less knowledgeable than yourself.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the sense of Sustain Dk healers would not be ideal as they offer no help with sustain to the group and the notion that their shield will be of much help, the shield will be small, very small.
    The synergy from orbs says otherwise.

I must admit, that I'm assuming most healers will be including that on one of their bars though. For sure I'll be working on levelling my Undaunted skill line between now and the launch.

I'm also expecting the shields will up more than they're down, purely for the major mending buff. Although the constant re-casting may be detrimental to magicka sustain.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed one
    12) Be a Warden
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed another one

consuming trap

Lay claim to enemy souls, dealing [x] Magic Damage to the target and one other nearby enemy over 10 seconds.
    Fills a soul gem and restores 7% Health, Magicka and Stamina if affected enemy dies.
    Also restore Health, Magicka and Stamina if enemy dies while affected.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equilibrium

Active
    Barter with Oblivion to trade vitality for power, sacrificing [x] Health in exchange for [y] Magicka.
    The exchange prevents you from healing yourself for 4 seconds, but you can receive healing from other players.
    Mages Guild Rank 8 -- Instant --
    (Self)

Spell Symmetry

(Morph)
    Barter with Oblivion to trade vitality for power, sacrificing [x] Health in exchange for [y] Magicka.
    The exchange prevents you from healing yourself for 4 seconds, but you can receive healing from other players.
    Also reduces Magicka cost of your next ability activation by 25% if activated within 5 seconds.
    Reduces the cost of your next spell.
    (Equilibrium Rank IV) 2623

Health Instant Self

Balance

(Morph)
    Also grants Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 for 20 seconds.
    Adds Physical and Spell Resistance.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction, synergies can be used ever 20 secs, but for each unique one. Though orbs and shards share a cool down.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Mostly all you listed will give you less DPS since you're losing weapon damage in exchange for resources or losing time in your rotation using heavy attacks or extra synergies.

vMoL bosses need as much dps as possible, some even are a DPS race. Same in vMaelstrom.

VMA is not a dps race. You need average dps and high survivability. Massive burn is another option. VMA can be done--and quite safely--as a tank with 1600 spellpower. There's also a new CP passive that increases direct damage, which will balance everything out now that you can spread points around twice as much, but no one seems to have actually red the patch notes before screaming bloody murder.

I read the damn patch notes and I still have 2 major complaints.

1. I main a stam templar, repentence NEEDS to be individualized. I cast, you cast, we both sustain. Not this me or you ***.
    2. Where the hell is this token system?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o I forget to mention you can use the food that gives max health + (max maxgika or Stmaina) + (stamina regain or Magicka Regain)
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Boring, this game is about to become extremely boring...maybe it's time to start looking for another mmo.

I agree rotation? Pffft just lay 2-3 dots and heavy attack until dots are done spamable abilities no time for that or ur done with magic.

Looks like my mdk is going to be WoE embers burning breath 3 heavy attacks and repeat :/
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly all you listed will give you less DPS since you're losing weapon damage in exchange for resources or losing time in your rotation using heavy attacks or extra synergies.

vMoL bosses need as much dps as possible, some even are a DPS race. Same in vMaelstrom.

What if we stacked veil and nova wouldn't this allow more time for dps?

that's so old school :smiley:
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed it. All the things OP listed are true but not in DPS race situations that ZOS introduced. Why introduce these specific DPS based arenas etc if you're going to make us spec specifically for sustain; makes no sense.
    No, that doesn't make sense. Things have changed for everyone. We're not playing with/against players that are still playing under Homestead rules.

DPS races don't work if you stop before the finish line; hence the post for sustain for those that need it.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction, synergies can be used ever 20 secs, but for each unique one. Though orbs and shards share a cool down.
    is this caster or synergy user. So an templar throwing spear every 7 second to will give resources to the 3 players in group.
    or can just one player benefit from this?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    is this caster or synergy user. So an templar throwing spear every 7 second to will give resources to the 3 players in group.
    or can just one player benefit from this?

Oh this is badly worded on my part. The cast can cast every sec as long as the magicka and regain can keep, but the user can use orbs or shards ever 20 secs. Once used only the user will be effected meaning it will no longer can other allies effect. As such it might be useful to use another synergy in rotation to give more sustain to allies. Remember if the ally has the undaunted mettle passive they gain 4% back of of there max health , magicka and stamina by using it.
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of agreeing or disagreeing with the options presented, I say kudos to the OP for coming up with this thread, to at least make people consider their options and look for more.

One of the issues is mentality: nowadays too often you find people in such a rush to complete content they just started a run for. Running ahead, slotting Rapid Maneuver (yes, I've seen this), sprinting or Sorc Bolt Escaping all the way to the next mob, while depleting Stam and Mag this way and then complaining, skipping bosses and mobs.

What good is a game for you if you can't enjoy it because you're in a rush, whether it is because you're doing dozens of farming runs in a row because you need to have that specific set piece, or just because you have mastered the dungeon mechanics that you've stopped enjoying them?

Another issue is lack of creativity when thinking about your build. Too many copies of a copy of a copy in the game already.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly all you listed will give you less DPS since you're losing weapon damage in exchange for resources or losing time in your rotation using heavy attacks, extra synergies or so.

Veteran trials bosses need as much dps as possible, some are even a DPS race. Same in vMA and vDSA.

And thus is the crux of the matter, we need the same DPS, but also have to manage sustain a lot more than before, most likely leading to heavy-attack builds becoming new meta for top dps... *shudders violently*

[sarcasm]I mean if there's one thing people universally love it's heavy attacking![/sarcasm]
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    Regardless of agreeing or disagreeing with the options presented, I say kudos to the OP for coming up with this thread, to at least make people consider their options and look for more.

One of the issues is mentality: nowadays too often you find people in such a rush to complete content they just started a run for. Running ahead, slotting Rapid Maneuver (yes, I've seen this), sprinting or Sorc Bolt Escaping all the way to the next mob, while depleting Stam and Mag this way and then complaining, skipping bosses and mobs.

What good is a game for you if you can't enjoy it because you're in a rush, whether it is because you're doing dozens of farming runs in a row because you need to have that specific set piece, or just because you have mastered the dungeon mechanics that you've stopped enjoying them?

Another issue is lack of creativity when thinking about your build. Too many copies of a copy of a copy in the game already.
    Yes. And therein lies the great schism between the forums and what actually goes on in game. Sadly the forums are often extremely out of touch, or just present the views of a microcosm, compared to gaming community as a population.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Vasoka
    Vasoka
    ✭✭✭✭
    The endless spammy sustain in this game was *** to begin with, all the people crying about it are no better to be honest. IT was about time they got rid of this completely unrealistic nonsense which was literally all about who has more CP and who can spam one skill faster without ever running out of resources.

This doesn't exist in any other MMO and frankly, it shouldn't.

Now things will finally behave normally and people with *** OP sets won't just faceroll with their fruity endless spam.
    Edited by Vasoka on May 22, 2017 11:14AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone! Report back to us what worked for you!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what did everyone end up using or doing?
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭

A certain Planes of Power locked progression server starts today around 2pm PST I do believe, would be a nice hiatus so to speak :)
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Reduce Cost Glyphs

You regain ever 2 secs, so reduce cost glyphs have a greater effect

According to Alcast, regen glyphs are better than reduced cost
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing that.

Just earlier in a dungeon I had someone tell me I should pretty please use dual wield or stop playing stamina because I was using my greatsword.

I thought, why not humor the random person for a change and just go for it. Unpacked my two swords of the same set to keep my bonuses and all, I did put the effort into the grind to get all those weapons in sharpened as well.. what could go wrong? Dual wield is dual wield!

Man.. did I breathe my stamina out of the window with steel tornado in just two aoe pulls.

You won't believe how quick I grabbed my greatsword again and started going brawler + Heavy attack-Wrecking Blow weave + all the usual dots.

The latter resulted in quite efficent ressource management. Did the DPS suck? Why I wouldn't say suck, but definitely less than what I was used to with dual wield - having no stamina at all though results in 0 dps.

I'll keep swinging that greatsword. It's a fun change of pace (especially for me since I always liked twohanders more than toothpicks) and it works.
    Edited by Mordenkainen on May 24, 2017 11:42AM
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure that I'll look for another game yet but I can see it on the horizon.

I don't think the changes are massive however they mean that I can spend longer doing dungeons that I've already done many many times. Yes they will be more of a challenge but will that compensate me knowing that I could have done it quicker.

In the end I play the game because I enjoy it. This change will make things more challenging, but less enjoyable.

Two years ago 5 members of my family played this game, all ESO plus members, there's only 2 of us now.

My guild kicks players who have been inactive for 2 months, currently we kick about 10 to 15 players a month, I'll be interested if that number increases after the changes.
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    Mindsets

In Halls of Fabrication normal there is a certain boss. You CANNOT get past with the old mindset of dps everything down. The adds simply spawn too fast. We wiped multiple times trying that until we worked together as a team and stopped ignoring the mechanic. Then it was easy and did not require insane dps.

The new trial is insanely fun, the Vvardenfel environment is beautiful and the quests interesting.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »
    The synergy from orbs says otherwise.

I must admit, that I'm assuming most healers will be including that on one of their bars though. For sure I'll be working on levelling my Undaunted skill line between now and the launch.

I'm also expecting the shields will up more than they're down, purely for the major mending buff. Although the constant re-casting may be detrimental to magicka sustain.

@bareheiny

I think you misread significantly unless your intending for the Templar or warden healer to sustain them. DKs have bad sustain in comparison and we are not talking sustain for the group. To the point I think you are making, Luminous Shards are still superior to Orbs for most tank builds.

Yes, DKs have always been able to heal and of course still can but Templars and possibly wardens will still be preferred for trials.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree rotation? Pffft just lay 2-3 dots and heavy attack until dots are done spamable abilities no time for that or ur done with magic.

Looks like my mdk is going to be WoE embers burning breath 3 heavy attacks and repeat :/

It looks like this approach is probably going to be the effective fights for straight out dps fights without cc's etc, although from what i understand spamming light attacks over time will out damage spamming heavy attacks, so i would probably make it: lay down the dots > heavy attack until magicka topped up > spam light attacks > rinse repeat