The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Shields should have a cost increase like Streak

Draqone
Draqone
✭✭✭✭
Imagine a world where Harness Magicka and other spammed shields like Hardened Ward have a cost increase similar to Streak. What a wonderful and balanced world it would be....

The stacking passive I propose to add to the often spammed shields is:
Casting again within 4 seconds costs 50% more Magicka.

The initial cost of the shield could be lowered by 25% to compensate.

BUT WHY!??!
Both shields and Harness serve a similar purpose to streak (providing extra protection) but can be spammed almost indefinitely. Giving them such a passive would promote strategic use of shields instead of allowing magicka classes to stand in red and spam Harness. It would lower the imbalance in safety we see in trials between magcika and stamina classes and coupled with the resource management changes coming with Morrowind it would also reduce shield stacking in PvP.
Edited by Draqone on April 18, 2017 9:37AM
ESO Balance:
“All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for heals?

Hots get the same treatment for refreshing them before they run out and 4s after?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for everything in the game then no? You refresh a DoT too early it will cost 50% more. You cast any heal and it will cost 50% more. You sprint and the longer you sprint the more stamina drains. You block and the next block costs 50% more. You break free the next break free costs 50% more for the next 10 sec.

LOL
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at light armor passives then
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would ruin every light armor build in PvP. You need at least 1 shield up 100% of the time or you will instantly​ melt
    Options
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, because you can't handle fighting a sorcerer in PvP, you want to destroy its only form of defense in PvE? How about you learn how to play your class. There are a variety of ways to deal with sorcerers in Cyrodiil. If you don't want to use them or can't utilize them effectively, then that is YOUR problem.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise the cost of everything, wait they did.

Not enough double the cost of the things we don't like....
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL.

Here is a simple fix. Remove shield stacking. A new shield will replace the old one. So no more ass saving moves like healing ward (covers entire health bar at low health) protected by a harness PLUS hardened ward while the healing ward heals you in the background. Zos got their heads up their ass tho and will never understand how freaking OP that is tho.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are workarounds for the shields.

Lets see what we can do for stamina. Double the length of time dodge costs more and double it each time it is used before the CD wears off. Oh, lets make any skill that grants evasion double in cost as well if used while it is active or within 4 seconds of it ended. Next we can do the same with blade cloak, vigor and Momentum. Did I forget anything?

See, players have figured out how to deal with shielding players so the idea proposed is most certainly not needed.

Also, with the announced changes in the expansion the magika costs will be higher making it more challenging to keep a shield up full time. Same with the other skills.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pleeeeeeeeease...

Stop giving ZOS ideas...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Imagine a world where Harness Magicka and other spammed shields like Hardened Ward have a cost increase similar to Streak. What a wonderful and balanced world it would be....

BUT WHY!??!
    Both shields and Harness serve a similar purpose to streak (providing extra protection) but can be spammed almost indefinitely. Giving them such a passive would promote strategic use of shields instead of allowing magicka classes to stand in red and spam Harness. It would lower the imbalance in safety we see in trials between magcika and stamina classes and coupled with the resource management changes coming with Morrowind it would also reduce shield stacking in PvP.

No they will apply this to DKs only with our 4k shield that protects us from that mysterious rogue mudcrab at Sej..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    LOL.

Here is a simple fix. Remove shield stacking. A new shield will replace the old one. So no more ass saving moves like healing ward (covers entire health bar at low health) protected by a harness PLUS hardened ward while the healing ward heals you in the background. Zos got their heads up their ass tho and will never understand how freaking OP that is tho.

Magicka sorc op confirmed.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout we put cooldowns on all skills and make this a completely different MMO
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Let's add a 50% stacking cost increase to everything that allows people to 1vX you. Simply genius.
    Options
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigor and Dodge rolls should have cost increase like streak then as well.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Vigor and Dodge rolls should have cost increase like streak then as well.

Dodge rolls already do, and vigor just got a cost increase on top of having warlord removed
    Options
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    Standing in red and spamming ward is already a drain on resources, and I don't think you've tried it with the cost increases.

This is really not an issue - wards are the only form of defense magicka characters have (in PvE and PvP). If they cast a ward, they're spending maybe 10% of their max magicka on something that protects them and only them for at most 6 seconds, and losing out on dps in the meantime.

And if you're really so bothered by this in PvP, there's a set that is literally made just to punish people for daring to cast a ward.
    Options
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post was aimed more towards PvE. I am a healer trial leader. PvE shields bother me because they force stamina DPS out of trials.

With the AoE damage in trials currently tweaked high enough to punish magDPS who can shield themselves they are basically removing the ability for stamDPS to protect themselves. Stamina doesn't have the range and mobility advantage, they also have a ~30% smaller max health since they can not shield themselves on demand. Cloak only does so much.

As a trial leader I hate to say "You are a good player but you can't come because you are a melee player". I have to do this in AA, MoL and SO. That's 75% of the trials that have a limit. And I would be fine with that since it's good that groups have to plan and adapt but there is not a single trial where I need to say "Sorry, you can't come because you are a magSorc and we need more stamina DPS".
    Edited by Draqone on April 19, 2017 5:48AM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    U r destroying pve, if shield cost go up then simply evaison, dodge rolls cost should increase like shield and med armor resistance to go down + magicka to have CC break and dodge roll to consume magicka instead of stamina
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT WHY!??!

Such a bad suggestion.
    Shields are strong, yes, but id rather see them not being stackable and not having stuff like pirate visage apply major protection onto them.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scale shields off max HP.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what? No. with the huge resource nerf's coming any Sorc spamming wards is going to be doing zero damage

So seriously you want to wreck a class feature across the board because you would like to see more Stamina players in
    a Trial? Wow.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this patch went live today and Sorcs tried shield stacking like they do now they wouldnt be able to kill anything. Magicka would be gone so fast.

Please tell me you all didn't forget about that?

The only reason it seems so ridiculous in the current meta is the reduction to spell cost.

In a duel I can run around and streak with 3 shields, Pirate Skeleton, and whatever else but when this goes live I'll have to time my shields or else instant melt.

Stop yelling for nerfs based on your experience in the current game. If I can still do that when Morrowind launches then I'll be a Sorc agreeing it needs a nerf.

Pirate Skeleton though - different story.

For the record - I hate CP and blame it and ZOS' laziness in addressing it for the situation we are in.
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post was aimed more towards PvE. I am a healer trial leader. PvE shields bother me because they force stamina DPS out of trials.

As a trial leader I hate to say "You are a good player but you can't come because you are a melee player". I have to do this in AA, MoL and SO. That's 75% of the trials that have a limit. And I would be fine with that since it's good that groups have to plan and adapt but there is not a single trial where I need to say "Sorry, you can't come because you are a magSorc and we need more stamina DPS".

Then don't say that, and don't do that.

My sorc in Cyro doesn't need to be even squishier to address your sadness about who you take into trials.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT WHY!??!

Streak is more of a mobility skill than extra protection and can be used offensively.
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

BUT WHY!??!

Streak is more of a mobility skill than extra protection and can be used offensively.

yeah, for more protection sorcerers have different morph, bolt escape lol but they always are going with streak to offensive with mobility
    Options
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Same for heals?

Hots get the same treatment for refreshing them before they run out and 4s after?

Heals just got increased by 30% for morrow wind. Didn't see a 30% increase for shields. This further is increasing the disparity between magicka and stamina survivability.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for heals?

Heals just got increased by 30% for morrow wind. Didn't see a 30% increase for shields. This further is increasing the disparity between magicka and stamina survivability.

Vigor got a 30% increase.

That is one out of 20+ healing abilities in the game.

So maybe they should increase the cost for one shield ability that´s universally accessible for every class by 30% aswell. But it would also require to be an aoe (as that was the reasoning). Maybe barrier?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloaking will also get a cost increase?
    Cloaking away from a fight is even more annoying than shielding.

Edited by BalticBlues on April 19, 2017 10:27AM
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloaking will also get a cost increase?
    Cloaking away from a fight is even more annoying than shielding.

sorc can streak away and this also isnt annyoing when yiou had no chance to spam gap close on him?

break nb cloak and melth him, just burn, he will go down in one combo

try melt sorc shields...stil trying to break so shields? oh this is so sad how you cant burst down sorc behind his shields while nb without cloak is ready to melt in one combo
    Options
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for heals?

It is funny ... lets assume i am a healer in my main character (or only character)... do i have to suffer the consequences for not being "Damage Dealer" as 80% of the community ???

So if i am a healer... why shouldnt i say the same thing: Damage Dealers should have a cost increase in damage skills (if spamm them before 4 seconds)

Streak is not for Sorcs, the same that "Heal Skills" are for healers...
    How bout we put cooldowns on all skills and make this a completely different MMO

^^ This xD
    Options