The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Buff & Debuff Indicators

• OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the buff & debuff indicators. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you understand how to turn these on?
    • Did these indicators convey enough understandable information?
    • Did you find these were configurable enough when utilizing the filters?
    • Is it clear what the different settings do?
    • Does the positioning of buffs and debuffs make sense for you and your target?
    • Do the icons make sense?
    • Did you ever see a Blue Skull icon appear on you or your target?
    • Are there any additional features, filters or settings you'd like to see?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

1. Yes
    2. After turning them on, I barely noticed them. They all lined up with the character's constant buffs so it was hard to distinguish one from the other, on the addons we have, the character buffs are located on the side of the screen and the combat effects are located near our resource bars. There were so many I didn't really know which one was what so keeping the combat buffs / debuffs separate from the food , armor , mundus would be a better idea.
    3. Um what I really want to do is be able to move the locations, change size so my old eyes can see them and so forth.
    4. yes
    5. Position was my main issue as stated above in #2.
    6. I do not know what the icons mean. I recognized food and mundus.
    7. Need to allow us to increase the size on the timers, they are hard to see for someone with bad sight.
    8. No more other feedback.
    Edited by OMA on April 23, 2017 8:57AM
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the buff & debuff indicators. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

Yes
    yes
    No comment
    No comment
    space too large, But I didn't look for fix in settings yet
    yes for what I used
    no
    if the spacing can't be adjusted; please make it so.
    Nice progressive enhancement
  • LAiq_theMiar
    LAiq_theMiar
    ✭✭
    I've had an idea I think would be a really great configurable setting:

Consolidate Buffs
    When turned on, skills that provide multiple buffs will be consolidated into a single icon. For example, on my Magicka Nightblade, when I cast Mirage I get 3 separate buffs (ward resolve evasion), and I don't really need to track all 3 of these individually. I just want to know when to recast it. Similarly, when Sap Essence connects to a target, I get both Major Sorcery and Major Savagery, and I don't need 2 separate icons to denote this proc I just need the 1 icon.

With this setting toggled, it would make sense to change the buff icon to the icon of the skills the buffs come from (only while this setting is toggled). Perhaps this icon could have a different border to denote that it is showing the parent skill icon instead of the buff icon.
    Edited by LAiq_theMiar on April 22, 2017 10:12PM
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably wrong thread, but can you please add "%" number of dmg resistance to character info window? All those big numbers really doesnt help me understand how much magic/physical dmg it reduces.

Like this Addon <3

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info951-CritPercent.html
    Edited by wimhwimladimf on April 23, 2017 11:25PM
  • e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, I personally do not like or care for the new buff / debuff icons and understanding them. I honestly prefer having full customization that I get from addons that do a superior job giving us players the information we want, even scaling things down to a more basic level.

Hopefully your not going to change the LUA permissions or anything else that would hinder addon development to continue the current better UI mods. In all honesty, you folks at ZOS should be going to these addon creators and paying them to help you re-design or implement many / most of their features into a base package for this game.
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Everything was easy to find. My issue with the buff trackers is the lack of customization. I would love it if I could go to my character sheet, and select which buff to track, and which ones to not track.

For example, I don't need to see my Major Brutality tracked since I use Rally, and I use the heal quite often.

I do not need to see when my minor savagery is active since I'm a Nightblade, and it's up 24/7.

I do not need to track major evasion since I use Shuffle, and it's quite obvious when it is active.

But I would like to keep track of my Minor Berserk buff. Can we make buff trackers this customize-able? Because at the moment it's a line of pictures; which drowns the only buffs I care to track.
    Absolutely this! Everyone wants to see different buffs and debuffs.
    Edited by TheWiesi on April 23, 2017 11:26PM
    PS4/EU
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    * Did you understand how to turn these on?

- Yes

* Did these indicators convey enough understandable information?

- Sort of. I didn't find it easy to quickly identify buffs versus debuffs, and the icons are so small and they move so often that it's hard to get anything useful out of them in combat.

* Did you find these were configurable enough when utilizing the filters?

- Yes

* Is it clear what the different settings do?

- Yes

* Does the positioning of buffs and debuffs make sense for you and your target?

- No. I don't understand why they move around so much and I can't, at a glance, differentiate between buffs and debuffs.

* Do the icons make sense?

- Somewhat. It would be useful to include text as not all icons are immediately clear. The size should also be customizable, because I think they're too small.

* Did you ever see a Blue Skull icon appear on you or your target?

- No

* Are there any additional features, filters or settings you'd like to see?

- DoT timers.

* Do you have any other general feedback?

- DoT timers would be a really useful addition, and in fact, I had just assumed that the "buff timers" feature would include DoTs. The buff tracker also brought 2 things to my attention, one of which may be a bug and the other is an awesome feature that I didn't see in the patch notes: 1) Critical heals appear to activate Minor Savagery (via the Hemorrhage passive) on a Nightblade, even when healing at full health. 2) Firing the Spectral Bow from Grim Focus and its morphs does not remove the Minor Endurance and Minor Berserk buffs.

- I would prefer the positioning of the buff timers to be more static. In combat, you have so many buffs/debuffs going that the things jump all over the screen. So, mid-fight, if I want to know if I've got, say, my Relentless Focus buffs up, it's pretty difficult to parse all of the buff information quickly and react. It would be easier if the buffs and debuffs were positioned separately and if there was categorical placement of the icons (e.g., multiple rows where each type of buff can only be placed in the appropriate row).

Ultimately, I'm glad these were added ... but I don't think they're very useful. They're too small, move too fast, and aren't positioned in a meaningful way. Add-on buff trackers do a much better job than what you've built into the game.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 24, 2017 5:29PM
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to make a list of suggestions based off my own experience working on a buff tracker addon:

Visual Enhancement Suggestions
    • Add a green border to buff icons to accent the difference slightly more.
    • Add a setting to adjust placement of the duration indicator text - whether this is a slider or lets you pick say... "Above, Below, Center, Inside Top, Inside Bottom... etc" doesn't matter.
    • Add a setting to adjust duration indicator text to display either seconds or 10th's of a second.
    • Add a Toggle "T" Indicator onto toggled effects such as Bound Armaments, Pets, and Block (same location as the stack counter?).
    Functionality Suggestions
    • Add buff auras based off disguise/stealth state to indicate when a player is in stealth or disguised.
    • Major/Minor Debuff Filter - Toggle Setting: While in most cases I'd prefer not to see other players debuffs, I consider major/minor debuffs more important. Additionally, lets say I put Major Fracture up with a 15 sec duration and another player refreshes it 10 seconds in. Suddenly it appears to me as if the mob no longer has Major Fracture. It would be ideal if the there was a toggle setting to display Major/Minor debuffs regardless of source.
    • Long Term Effects/Unlimited duration Effects are commonly placed in an additional container. I think this would be a nice option to have. On LUI Extended, I consider anything over 2 min duration as long term. (Although I have some filters for a few events so perhaps 5 min would be a more optimal cutoff). This container should be capable of having a horizontal or vertical orientation (vertical position over the bounty indicator and horizontal from the top corner of the screen perhaps? Create slot bounding so the rows/columns don't extend past and clip into any other elements like the compass and Quest Timer).
    • Ground Targeted effect trackers - Currently addon authors use the sourceless events of area of effect spells like Volley or Caltrops to display an aura relevant to the timer of the ability. It is very important for most DPS to be able to track the duration of ground targeted effects. I'd like to suggest adding this functionality in.
    Target Buffs
    • Perhaps as a long term goal you could add a target buff display option as well. Obviously this will be a bit of an investment. There are a heaping colossus load of active buff effects that display on NPC's currently and many of those would have to be hidden or updated with icons. I have a reasonably comprehensive list of effects from general overland and zones I'm working on that might be handy if this was ever something you guys wanted to implement. Ultimately, I think it works fine without buffs displaying now, as there is less pertinent information provided by target buffs than debuffs in most cases - however it would still enhance the experience.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on April 24, 2017 11:48AM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another easy but cool thing that could be done if it already hasn't been mentioned:

have your buffs shifted up slightly so they are above the plane and your debuffs shifted down slightly so they are below.

the buff bar would have an organic sine curve feel to it.

you don't need much of a visual cue to detect them but something is needed.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you understand how to turn these on?
    It was pretty easy to get them turned on.

Did these indicators convey enough understandable information?
    There were too many icons that gave too little information and it was really hard to figure out what was referring to what.

Did you find these were configurable enough when utilizing the filters?
    I was not sure which ones I needed to turn off to just leave what I needed to know to keep my rotation up.

Is it clear what the different settings do?
    No it is not.

Does the positioning of buffs and debuffs make sense for you and your target?
    The positioning of the buffs was ok. The positioning of the debuffs was kind of out of the way.

Do the icons make sense?
    No

Did you ever see a Blue Skull icon appear on you or your target?
    No

Are there any additional features, filters or settings you'd like to see?
    Something to make them clearer for what they are.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I would like everything I put up whether on me or an enemy in one simple area that by its positioning lets me know what skill it is for.
  • SpeaksLessThanYou
    SpeaksLessThanYou
    Soul Shriven
    It wasn't hard to figure out to turn the buff indicators on.

I am like many others in that a high level character can have so many buffs going on in combat that it's hard to find the one or two I am curious about. Although the debuffs at the top of the screen are really handy. I can now know for certain if something is standing in the right place to take DPS damage. That part I will enjoy.

A lot of the icons are unfamiliar since seeing them during every fight hasn't been an option for me. (I only use a minimal amount of apps, and none that displayed that info.)

No blue skull-not ever. So... don't even know what that would indicate.

Additional features: leaving my actual casted buffs/debuffs, that I'd like to keep track of, where they are, and placing the battle/set/passive info, since it is such fleeting info, on a line below that. Slots for Boon & ESO Plus maybe should be opted out if desired.

• agabahmeatshieldb14_ESO

This feature needs to allow more customization before it will be as good as existing add-ons for PC. I understand that only PC players have access to addons like FTC and S'rendarr, but there's no reason not to look at the way these amazing addons created by hard-working (and unpaid) players have solved the problems that players needed solved.

Anyway, customization:
    -I think we need to be able to toggle Labels for the buffs on and off. Some people might be fine with just an icon, or they might want labels all the time, or want the labels just until they memorize the icons. More toggle-able options are better.

-Allow us to customize the time increments displayed on the timers. The S'rendarr and FTC addons allow us to track buff, debuff, and DoT durations to a tenth of a second. The current timers you have increment in full seconds. I know this seems obsessive, but it's a feature that end-game raiders would appreciate for perfecting rotations.

-Allow us to move and position the different elements as needed. With my addons, I like to cluster my short-duration buffs along with debuffs and DoTs on my target, all near my target's health, so I don't have to move my eyes all over the screen. Currently buffs and debuffs are quite distant from one another.

-Custom scaling would be nice. Changing the size of icons is always a good option to have.

Overall, I'm really glad that this feature is being added. It's a step in the right direction, for sure, and it just needs a little tweaking. As much as I appreciate the work that modders have done to fill the void, I'm inherently distrustful of add-ons and would like to see the base game support the quality of life features like this one. Definitely good work.

*EDIT* Oh, I nearly forgot!

I would very much like to see the ability to track ground-targeted effects.

Tracking the timers on things like Elemental Blockade, Eruption for Dragonknights, Liquid Lightning for Sorcerers, Channeled Focus for Templars, Twisting Path for Nightblades, etc. would be very helpful. Currently we only see timers for effects that apply to the enemy, but not cast on the ground.

If I can't track the timer on Eruption and Fire Blockade on my Dragonknight, there's no reason to switch away from S'rendarr.
    Edited by agabahmeatshieldb14_ESO on April 26, 2017 2:03AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Did you understand how to turn these on?

Yes. This was not a problem.
    [*] Did these indicators convey enough understandable information?

They conveyed understandable information, but not in an easily consumable form. See below.
    [*] Did you find these were configurable enough when utilizing the filters?

The filters alone are not enough configuration. See below.
    [*] Is it clear what the different settings do?

Yes.
    [*] Does the positioning of buffs and debuffs make sense for you and your target?

See below.
    [*] Do the icons make sense?

Not always. It is nice that you can go into cursor mode and hover over the icon to see what it is, but there is no time to do that in combat, and that is when these icons become important. I saw icons and could not figure out what they were and I had no time to stop and look. If we could call a time out and get the monsters/people to stop attacking while I check out the icons, that would be great! :smile:
    [*] Did you ever see a Blue Skull icon appear on you or your target?

No.
    [*] Are there any additional features, filters or settings you'd like to see?

Going to put all of this in the general feedback.
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback?

Here goes... Get your pen and paper handy... pack a lunch...

1. The icons are not immediately identifiable and if I spend too much time thinking about what they mean, I'm dead in combat. I don't know the symbol for every effect and ability and the buff/debuff noise was just too much.
    2. The time remaining is text. I really don't have the time to read text during combat, and don't want to. For any duration remaining that is less than one minute, there should be a bar that counts down. This can be in addition to the text, but the bar is important because taking the time to read text means I am not doing something else.
    3. I don't like long term times to be rounded to the highest duration. Telling me something will last "2 h" for the better part of an hour does not tell me what I want to know. If the something will last for 1 hour, 35 minutes, then say "1h 35m". To get an idea what this feels like, imagine what it would be like if a 10 second duration was listed as "1 m" until it ran out. Why is this important? I made decisions on what I am going to do based on how long I think it will take, and how long my current long term buffs last. That information is right there on the screen, in a format that does not tell me what I want to know.
    4. Many will probably find the placement of the icons OK, but some will not. It is a "relatively simple thing" to allow us to grab the UI element that these icons appear in and drag it elsewhere, then remember the position it was dragged to. You don't really even need a "lock/unlock" feature, if the window is easily positioned. Please consider adding a way to move the icons.
    5. Separate the long term effects (food, XP boosts) from the short term buffs and timed abilities being used, and from the short term debuffs. These all need to be kept visually separate so that we can look at a specific area of the screen and immediately be able to identify and find what we are looking for. In harmony with #4, each section should be able to be moved independently. I really don't need "food buffs" in my face during combat, but I really want the combat stuff to be right there where I can see them.
    6. These icons do not provide me the information I want in an easily consumable manner. I remember during one combat glancing down there and seeing this rather long and impressive list of icons stretching across most of the screen and thinking "wow"... but I did not have time to see what they all were.
    7. Does this track DoTs? Some people say it does not, and I do not recall. I have to admit that, after a while, I tended to tune these out since...
    8. I will not be using this feature as it does not provide the information I want, in a readily consumable format, better than what I have with my current add-on.

Bottom line:

"B" letter grade. You now provide some indication for the Console users that buffs and debuffs are happening, although not in an easily consumable format. Knowing that something is happening via icon, even if you can't tell what it is, is better than nothing. It is a learned skill to use these. Over hours of play, and with website guides to assist, it will end up being useful. However, on PC, this will not replace addons that are more configurable, easier to understand, and convey more consumable information during combat.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    For the love of Dagon, please make UI for pet HP bar, thx <3
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think we need to be able to select what buffs display and what don't. I don't want to see my food buff showing up. It just clutters the UI with meaningless info. This makes it much harder to glance and check whether or not my important buffs are up. If it remains that cluttered then it sort of defeats the whole purpose of a buff tracker because you're just overwhelmed with meaningless info and therefore can't actually tack your buffs.
    Edited by bubbygink on April 26, 2017 5:35PM
  • LegionOfZero
    LegionOfZero
    Soul Shriven
    i'm pretty content with the buff timers as they are but they should add timers for skills like wall of elements and winter's revenge.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback, in no particular order:
    • It'll take a while to get used to the new icons, and I think the suggestion above of having the icon appear in the ability tooltip as well would be very helpful.
    • I would like to see an option to have a visual bar timer, like Morrowind and Oblivion had, rather than a numerical counter timer. Also the option to move the counter timer inside or above the icon.
    • There needs to be the option to filter out buffs from potions and food.
    • There needs to be the option to split off each of constant buffs, toggled buffs, food buffs, potion buffs, long buffs, and short buffs, so they can appear in different locations on the screen, and not all above your health bar. (Three or four different containers should suffice.)
    • DoT/HoT and Damage Shield effects need to be added. On the Damage side, you can use the existing Death Recap icons for each damage type (eg, Fire Damage from Wall of Elements, use the Fire AoE icon).
    • It would be good to have a toggle option of "Consolidate by Effect" vs "Consolidate by Ability". For some players, it is more important to see what effects are active, while for others, it is more important to see what abilities are causing the active effects.
    • The countdown timer should show either hours/minutes/seconds (as hh:mm:ss) or minutes/seconds (as mmm:ss), and not truncate to only the highest magnitude.
    • Maybe it's just me, but the buffs seem a bit too far away from the health bar, and are intruding on the view of the world.

Not directly related to the buff trackers, but still related to active effects; in the Active Effects list of the character screen, some of the buffs like Major Intellect do not actually say what they are doing. All I see is
    Major Intellect
    Potion
    when it should really be saying
    Major Intellect
    Increases magicka recovery by 20%.
    Potion
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Deuce
    Deuce
    I just want to say thanks for implementing these trackers finally...but let me say if they are not on par with the PC addons, then this will not be a success in the eyes of ESO console players.

As most have said already, you have to let people customize this or your not really doing console players any favors. If the reason this cant be done is due to lack of expertise, time, or money... then do not release it until you solve those deficits.

Just doing something that is needed doesn't make it successful.

Looking forward to improvements!
    Edited by Deuce on April 28, 2017 2:25PM
  • brimstone74
    brimstone74
    ✭✭✭
    • Yes this was pretty simple.
    • No, there is no rhyme or reason as to what the icons are. I didn't recognize them.
    • Yes the filters work fine.
    • Yes.
    • Yes. I do wish i could toggle them on nameplates though.
    • No...
    • No.
    • Please let us apply them to NamePlates. I'd also like to see an option for text indicators in place of timers that indicate the icon meaning in shorthand.
    • It's a good first step.
    Edited by brimstone74 on April 29, 2017 12:45AM
    It's Mundumental!
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Are dots not supposed to work then? As a console player typically I found them to be a nice addition but when it didn't show things like volley I thought it was bugged and sent in a /feedback on it.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the presentation, the way the icons blend with the rest of the UI, much better then any addon out there.

BUT addons still reign supreme in terms of functionality. Having no ground AOE indicator is a major draw.

I guess this is going to be pretty usefull for consoles but not so much for players who are already using addons on PC
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] Did you understand how to turn these on?

Yes.

[*] Did these indicators convey enough understandable information?

Some of the icon choices seem odd, but I figured it out. I think.

[*] Did you find these were configurable enough when utilizing the filters?

No. The filters are a good step, but I still have to choose between having stuff on the screen that's just noise, or not having stuff on the screen that's useful, because the filters lump them together.

Also, all the things in a long line over my ability bar isn't working for me. It's better if I can break the modules up and move them around, so I can just glance at the one I'm interested in right this second, or keep the more important information "on top". Maybe a couple of choices of location for each module, since console people can't drag and drop (afaik).

[*] Is it clear what the different settings do?

Yes.

[*] Does the positioning of buffs and debuffs make sense for you and your target?

I'm ok with the positioning for my target. My stuff is in too long a string, see above, but the positioning was ok.

[*] Do the icons make sense?

Yes, but. On a large screen they're not very big (couldn't find a setting to embiggen them) and a lot of the skill and buff icons are way too similar anyway, much worse at that size. Particularly for templars: swirl of gold, slightly different swirl of gold, gold dot, gold blob. They seem to be the same ones Srendarr uses, so just making them bigger would probably fix my problem.

[*] Did you ever see a Blue Skull icon appear on you or your target?

No.

[*] Are there any additional features, filters or settings you'd like to see?

Options for different placement, settings for size, more precise filters.

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?

Glad to see you're doing this, but I'll stick with addons. Hopefully they'll be updated and available after patch. They're just better.

Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    We need better indicator for death group members. Always having trouble when i want to rez my allies and just cant find them.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to add that the original system of no indicators is awesome where you used unique graphical effects as opposed to icons.

don't give up on that. Its often more visible and useful than the icon.

its one of those things you come full circle on and end up turning off things to enjoy the game again. Despite the icons, whoever did that did an unbelievable job.

what I find is that I need a "test mode" for a while and when I don't need it anymore I would like an easy way to turn it on/off like a toggle.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing i want is dot timers. Ive heard they dont have this its really the only reason i want the trackers in the first place so PLEASE add the option for dot trackers as well:)
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, turning them on was quite easy

No, I really have no idea what the icons actually mean... but I guess i might figure out after a while. A list would be nice...

No, Always ON, Always OFF, or Automatic (during fights) ON is a very basic filter system... fine for the beginning but as said before, any add on will provide more and probably better utility

Yes, if i do get it right you refer to the filters with this question.

Somewhat, I don't use any add on right now, so i don't need to relearn anything. The Debuff/buff(?) on the upper page, i guess these are the one of my enemy, are a tat hard to gasp during combat. They always seem to be a little too much out of place and require active search which makes you loose eye-contact to the fighting going on. Till now I just quested, so loosing time to react isn't even vital... but keeping PVP in mind this is a point that needs to be changed or customized, if this feature wants to be successfull.

No idea, I'll answer once I found out what they stand for :)

No.

I really liked some introduction, readup, tutorial to this feature. Not using something comparable addon on live leaves me quite clueless about the meaning of the icons and such. Else I aggree that some customization like the ones asked for already ... location, appearance and or size... should be given a second thought. I will probably not use it, having pretty good sight, but I know I am not the majority ;)

In general i am happy that some buff/debuff tracking system is integrated. i can't use addons as I will loose much needed performance doing so. I always felt a little gimped not to be able to find out which of my abilities actually synergize well and which don't and this feature will help me having more control and insight about what I do ingame. TY for bringing it up.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing with the vanilla UI on PTS I noticed how much I'm used to Addons and how much they really improve the UI for me. I'm still going to use LUI Extended and BuffTimers for their better visuals and customization options.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a big help would be to change the bonuses to REALLY obvious icons. Objects that you will immediately associate with the buff. That way, new players don't even have to memorize icons. They can just see them, and assume what they do.

Here's my suggestion for what the icons should include. Two versions, one that looks a bit more colorful than the other, to denote what is a major buff, and what is a minor buff.

Sorcery: Blue sword
    Brutality: Green sword

Ward: Blue shield
    Resolve: Green shield

Endurance: Green particles (similar to the visual effect of heavy attacks)
    Intellect: Blue particles
    Fortitude: Red particles

Mending: The cross icon normally used to represent "healing" in the group finder, colored yellow
    Vitality: A red heart, or a single drop of blood

Savagery: A splash of blood (with some green accents)
    Prophecy: A splash of blood (with some blue accents)

Berserk: Axe
    Slayer: Double daggers
    Force: Greatsword

Maim: A foot/hand and a sword slashing at it
    Stun: A swirling effect, similar to what you see over the heads
    CC immunity: A swirling effect, similar to what you see under the feet.
    Expedition: A pair of wings

I know this would be A LOT of work for the art team (specially considering it would be 2 icons for each, minor and major). But I do think this would help new players quite a lot. The current icons are too vague and non-descriptive.

"According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps, I think these are all the icons: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Buffs .

Note that these were datamined from Update 12 (One Tamriel), so some may have been changed since, but I think they're mostly the same.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    Having gotten to play around with these a bit, as a console player, let me say thank you for adding this in.

I certainly appreciate the buff/debuff trackers as will several others on console.

What I found lacking was damage over time trackers (wall of elements, burning embers, reflective light, cripple, etc).

I know, I know, we were all clamoring for buff and debuff trackers and that is precisely what we got, so thanks again for that. What I think may have gotten lost is that we made the assumption that these timers would include our dots as well...

Otherwise, from a console perspective (where we have no information), this is helpful for sure. My tanks and healers are already fearing the "Why is ele down?" callouts....