Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wow. I see why ppl hate CP now.

• HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking they should do something to incentivize conosle players into joining AZURA.

Like, shouldn't the NPCs in non-CP be easier since there are no CPs?
    If they are already please correct me, but say like in Imperial City the Pve content was more manageable without CP that would defintiely get people into the campaign just to farm Tel Var. Or maybe even the same with open world Cyrodil and farming AP.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Problem i see with non CP is that it's much more zerg friendly and it's even more reliant on who has the most money to spend on poisons and potions.

But i spend time in non CP, CP and non vet pvp. All of them have diffrent strenghts it's not black and white like a lot of people claim.

Absolutely this. I leveled a new character through the non vet last month. I play CP and non CP. All are different. All have bad points and all have good points.

I will say I like non CP better than CP. The siege is too strong but in CP it's about as strong as the lv one broom.

But non CP could use more people that's for sure. Cheers
    Edited by rimmidimdim on April 12, 2017 8:17PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I understanding the original claim of this thread right: Too much sustain leads to never ending fights?

I just spent the evening in Azura's IC. I am left wondering why my experience is different from other people here. Perhaps it's because I wear medium (stam DK) and light (magblade) armor. Perhaps, if you're wearing heavy armor, your should switch and not follow the accepted meta? Your damage will be higher. You will kill, or be killed.

What I like about Azura is that the damage is lower on the whole. I went as a magblade, which is quite unforgiving when you make a mistake. It felft that was a help, as it was for my medium armor stam DK.

Everything else I dislike about Azura though. I don't like the reduced sustain. I had one encounter with a Red Mountain DW stamsorc, who seemed OP to the point where he ate though my shields within less than a second, and there was nothing I could do. He ran counter to the overall feeling of reduced damage.

All in all Azura feels different, but certainly not better than the CP campaigns to me. I am a CP600+ player.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on both, cp and non cp.
    On non cp some things feel strange, because of missing ressurces. What i mean, when cp where intutruced in the game base stats were reduced, inc. regen. But with cp and no softcaps we can have way to much from it. Also the battlespirit debuff is strange, heare an example, when you play magplar and have no cp in blessed your heals are a wet noodle, but with full cp in blessed and elfborn your heals a *** strong ( and we can have ~50% crit in heavy armour).

I think that cp needs a complete rework with a class, armour and set balance that is this name worth. But i also know that this will coast money and time and the game is 3 years old. I also dont think battlegrounds would be a geratly played because people want to play with there cp, because the are helping not get noobfilltert as no one wants to lose a fight.

On the other side i belive many problems with laag on cp campains come from cp, because all player live to long and can spam skills to long to.

sry for bad eng

PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Am I understanding the original claim of this thread right: Too much sustain leads to never ending fights?

I just spent the evening in Azura's IC. I am left wondering why my experience is different from other people here. Perhaps it's because I wear medium (stam DK) and light (magblade) armor. Perhaps, if you're wearing heavy armor, your should switch and not follow the accepted meta? Your damage will be higher. You will kill, or be killed.

What I like about Azura is that the damage is lower on the whole. I went as a magblade, which is quite unforgiving when you make a mistake. It felft that was a help, as it was for my medium armor stam DK.

Everything else I dislike about Azura though. I don't like the reduced sustain. I had one encounter with a Red Mountain DW stamsorc, who seemed OP to the point where he ate though my shields within less than a second, and there was nothing I could do. He ran counter to the overall feeling of reduced damage.

All in all Azura feels different, but certainly not better than the CP campaigns to me. I am a CP600+ player.

I said it before. With less resources, it makes the free damage from Proc sets stronger than in CP. With no Impenetrable CP, there is a cap of 1750 impen + 10% crit damage reduction poison (or barely the minimum in PvP) making crit damage stronger.

With resources minimal, stam actually should have the advantage (weapon skills scale stronger with wpn dmg and not resources where most magicka scales with max magicka) roll dodge is more effective than shielding (unless you go all out on wards, Necropotence, innerlight, etc)

Imo, no CP just pigeonholed builds into zergers, proccers, and poisoners.

But then again most of my experience in No CP is:

Horse Ride for 20 min, 20 min of questing and maybe get pwned by 4 reds if I single handled seige a keep. (Which is SO ANNOYING in no CP, it takes forever just to kill them NPCs!)

Oh well. Hopefully battlegrounds bring more balance than not.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we had no CP week, it was fantastic and eye opening; players that I used to think were good were getting melted like cheese...

Gankers were far less effective...

People with burst builds went out of resources very fast; if they didnt kill you with their alpha attack, they had nothing left and were as good as dead as they never had much defense to begin with...

I thought it was great...

Heavy armor users simply didnt have the sustain needed to kill me; I'd either eventually kill them or I'd Mist Form away until I could stealth out...

That said, I want my CP's...

I worked very hard for them and they help fill in the holes of my unorthodox (but effective) build...

For pure player vs player, its great, but the problem for me (and it really isnt much of a problem honestly) and my play style was taking a resource solo...

It was still absolutely doable and I did it repeatedly (albeit significantly slower), but the power of level 5 NPC's is very substantial with no CP and you feel it bigtime...

With CP, taking a level 5 resource is trivial; I can just run in, pulling any NPC in my path with me, sit on the flag and kill them all...

Without CP, you run a real risk doing this; you get Negated and get caught with CC at a bad moment and they might actually kill you...

Anyway, rant off...

I want my CP's...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to close the no CP campaign tired of the minority that play there try to force the majority accept no CP .. Honestly tired of these threads ... They need to balance around CP .. or get rid of it... but having two different PVP platforms is no longer a positive thing..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Why does everyone complain so much about CP but no one plays on the no CP campaign?

Lol right? There is a no CP campaign and it's dead but a lot of whining going on about CP.

It's dead? Really? It doesn't look that way from inside.

You play on PC the other two platforms are larger then ours .. the non CP campaigns are dead on the other platforms...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    They need to close the no CP campaign tired of the minority that play there try to force the majority accept no CP .. Honestly tired of these threads ... They need to balance around CP .. or get rid of it... but having two different PVP platforms is no longer a positive thing..

PC NA Azura's pop locks... Haddy almost never does. What minority?
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since my weapons have turned into marshmallows lately in my cp campaign I'm happy to jump in to azuras at this point I'm at wits end in trying to counter play brick walls and instant healbots, now if only azuras was populated :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of all those talks about unlimited resourses due to CP. You can make unlimited without CP's easily.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild and I recently made the move to Azura's Star. The no CP testing week was very enjoyable and gave many the confidence to permanently pursue a no CP campaign.

My initial impressions were somewhat mixxed but erring on completely positive. I feel like no CP does even the playing field and you have to be pretty quick on your feet and smarter with your resources.

I will say this: idk if its making a me a better player. Im killing sorcs and tanks much easier and the TTK is much lower all around. I feel like i'll get used to it (i might already have) and then go on a CP campaign and get caught off guard because things dont die as fast.

but overall, we all very much enjoy the no cp campaign. hope its not a fad.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed something that I thought was humorous. There is the claim that the no CP campaign takes more skill but then everyone talks about how players die easier. So which is it, more skills or easy kills?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed something that I thought was humorous. There is the claim that the no CP campaign takes more skill but then everyone talks about how players die easier. So which is it, more skills or easy kills?

Skilled players probably facing less skilled players. I can see where someone that just hit 50 would prefer no CP, then they run into anyone above it's gg.

I can see it's

PC - Full
    Console - Empty

I would like more practice but can't find any
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

PC NA Azura's pop locks... Haddy almost never does. What minority?

You serious? Are implying that Azure has more pop then then the champ servers?
    Last night
    -True flame has more population then Azures period...
    -Haderous goes three bars on Red and 2 bars on Blue... it's like an overflow server during primetime...
    -Last night I saw 1 faction locked and two others on Azures... Azures has grown but you are a minority on PC bit a large one now I will give you that...

Keep in mind you are PC platform that means you are much smaller the the other platforns... Azure is dead on those....

ALL THIS = MINORITY

On PC NA a large minority
    Other platforms a small minority

Many players in this game like CP and view it as a form of progression after you get to level 50... Many of these people will be very upset if you take that away and that will hurt the overall game...
    Edited by Durham on April 14, 2017 5:35PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    My guild and I recently made the move to Azura's Star. The no CP testing week was very enjoyable and gave many the confidence to permanently pursue a no CP campaign.

My initial impressions were somewhat mixxed but erring on completely positive. I feel like no CP does even the playing field and you have to be pretty quick on your feet and smarter with your resources.

I will say this: idk if its making a me a better player. Im killing sorcs and tanks much easier and the TTK is much lower all around. I feel like i'll get used to it (i might already have) and then go on a CP campaign and get caught off guard because things dont die as fast.

but overall, we all very much enjoy the no cp campaign. hope its not a fad.

I enjoy no champ also ....but I think Balance should come around CP.... fix CP in PVP .. creating two types of PVP originally I like the choice however in the end I turned against the idea of a no champ server because of that minority of player has been so vocal in calling the end to huge aspect of the end game .... this will be detrimental to the game as a whole...

CP does make PVP unequal especially verses high verses low CP ... However the no cp campaign was created for these players to pvp while building their CP up......

I think in the end balance should come around CP or remove it from the game... The game already has a huge void between PVP and PVE ...making it bigger will only discourage more player from starting to play PVP...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Spend most of my PvP time dueling or in Azura's star nonCP on PS4.

It's always dead so I got bored and set Scourge as guest campaign.

Never again.

It's an infinite sustain no one dies battle or your group gets zerged down.

I have no idea how anyone can enjoy playing with the CP system the way it is.

Even ran into an old guild buddy on one of the other teams and he even laughed and said "1v1 me and watch this."

After watching his health never drop on his DK and mine not moving either he laughed and asked if I still had full resources and I did.

He also only plays on scourge cause no one plays NonCP too.

Don't understand how anyone can even begin like how the current state of PvP is when CP is involved.

Never understood all the complaints until tonight.

Jesus ZOS, that's the most ridiculous crap show I've ever seen in a game in regards to competitive combat.

the no cp week was pretty revealing from a gameplay perspective...'let the bodies hit the floor' and all hail the mighty siege weapon...

who knows what will happen next (actually I guess we do - limit sustain within the champion point system), but, if zos removed cp altogether from PvP, I definitely wouldn't miss it...

of course it will then just boil down to a gear and alchemy contest...

It's already a big gear contest.

As for alchemy...I assure you we're all running resource poisons. It's just that nobody really notices what with CP sustain being what it is.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Why does everyone complain so much about CP but no one plays on the no CP campaign?

Lol right? There is a no CP campaign and it's dead but a lot of whining going on about CP.

It's dead? Really? It doesn't look that way from inside.

good.

let's hope more people go play it and quit insisting every campaign should adopt the no cp standard.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It means it takes more skill staying alive in no CP. I wouldn't generalize it like that, but let's look at your own argument: Experienced players getting kills more easily without CP. They might say it takes more skill fighting without CP because fighting without CP gives themselves - who are more experienced than their opponents - better chances than they would have in the CP campaigns.
    However, all of this also depends on class, build and combat situation as well as the player's skill.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU