The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Wow. I see why ppl hate CP now.

grim_tactics
grim_tactics
✭✭✭✭✭
Spend most of my PvP time dueling or in Azura's star nonCP on PS4.

It's always dead so I got bored and set Scourge as guest campaign.

Never again.

It's an infinite sustain no one dies battle or your group gets zerged down.

I have no idea how anyone can enjoy playing with the CP system the way it is.

Even ran into an old guild buddy on one of the other teams and he even laughed and said "1v1 me and watch this."

After watching his health never drop on his DK and mine not moving either he laughed and asked if I still had full resources and I did.

He also only plays on scourge cause no one plays NonCP too.

Don't understand how anyone can even begin like how the current state of PvP is when CP is involved.

Never understood all the complaints until tonight.

Jesus ZOS, that's the most ridiculous crap show I've ever seen in a game in regards to competitive combat.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP has been a mixed bag.

However I generally like PvP without it because it feels more like the older days of PvP as well as me not needing to update my build or care about my CP every time it changes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend most of my PvP time dueling or in Azura's star nonCP on PS4.

It's always dead so I got bored and set Scourge as guest campaign.

Never again.

It's an infinite sustain no one dies battle or your group gets zerged down.

I have no idea how anyone can enjoy playing with the CP system the way it is.

Even ran into an old guild buddy on one of the other teams and he even laughed and said "1v1 me and watch this."

After watching his health never drop on his DK and mine not moving either he laughed and asked if I still had full resources and I did.

He also only plays on scourge cause no one plays NonCP too.

Don't understand how anyone can even begin like how the current state of PvP is when CP is involved.

Never understood all the complaints until tonight.

Jesus ZOS, that's the most ridiculous crap show I've ever seen in a game in regards to competitive combat.

the no cp week was pretty revealing from a gameplay perspective...'let the bodies hit the floor' and all hail the mighty siege weapon...

who knows what will happen next (actually I guess we do - limit sustain within the champion point system), but, if zos removed cp altogether from PvP, I definitely wouldn't miss it...

of course it will then just boil down to a gear and alchemy contest...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 11, 2017 7:30AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP system was ZOS's biggest fail after removing soft caps and letting Nick Konkle leave.
    PC EU
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't like how strong siege is in no-cp.. I agree it should be stronger vs player in CP - but not to the extent where in every mass-fight you do better slapping down the siege than actually using your class skills etc..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to no-CP the moment it was there. Much better PvP and less lag. Only *** are the proc-sets and poisons. Those gone, and softcaps and we have a winner PvP game.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Problem i see with non CP is that it's much more zerg friendly and it's even more reliant on who has the most money to spend on poisons and potions.

But i spend time in non CP, CP and non vet pvp. All of them have diffrent strenghts it's not black and white like a lot of people claim.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the thing is... Non-CP is easier in other respects IMO. Getting kills is much easier due to the fact that no one has high health or high resources, healing debuffs are more effective, poisons are more effective and of course, proc sets are more effective. On classes that can sustain through killing you can still go full damage and not have to worry too much about sustain. A certain stamina set also makes resource management a joke in non-CP (Vicious Ophidian) when paired with heavy armor you have infinite sustain too without sacrificing much.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think about it though- siege equipment should probably do a ton of damage. I mean, you are getting hit by a huge projectile.

Then again - this is a video game set in a fantasy universe
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think about it though- siege equipment should probably do a ton of damage. I mean, you are getting hit by a huge projectile.

Absolutely, it should - but the simple truth is that most people would rather play their characters than sit on a siege left-clicking every few seconds - even if it is super-effective - especially that cold-fire stuff!

And I think its right to encourage players to play their characters. The easiest, most boring playstyle shouldn't be the most effective in any game.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    I play in Scourge and have it as my main I would love to play no cp but Azura is dead... Scourge always has something to do. I loved the no cp week, you saw the people who had skills and people who need cp to be good. My build that I use in cp was also prety good in no cp I had damage I had sustain. I would like to have another no cp week double AP only thing that was annoying was the siege and the bigger zergs then before lol at some point the whole DC alliance was at one keep lag was horrible lol

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Absolutely, it should - but the simple truth is that most people would rather play their characters than sit on a siege left-clicking every few seconds - even if it is super-effective - especially that cold-fire stuff!

And I think its right to encourage players to play their characters. The easiest, most boring playstyle shouldn't be the most effective in any game.

The thing is you can't have everyone on siege. You put 10 people on siege against 10 people playing their characters the people on siege will all die.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does everyone complain so much about CP but no one plays on the no CP campaign?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely positives and negatives to the CP system.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Why does everyone complain so much about CP but no one plays on the no CP campaign?

1. Whining is the strongest motivation to create a thread
    2. The majority actually does prefer CP
    3. It's already dead, so those whom periodically try it, won't stay long enough to build up any presence
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    There is definitely positives and negatives to the CP system.

A lot more positives than negatives if they remove it, and the negatives will be easier to fix without CP.

Then ZOS should rework all CP's or delete it and create something diferent that will make the game more balanced, and allowing us to "play how we want" it.

Also... siege weapons are suposed to be powerfull, slow, and easier to dodge in small scale PvP, and also being easy to someone to sneak to the siege weapon operator and insta-kill him while he is distracted.
    Glory for the Pact!
  • capricorn152245ub17_ESO
    I think people might be a lot less adverse to non-CP combat if PvP returned more to the way it was before CP was introduced.

Currently, if you die and your comrades (or you) have been thoughtful or considerate enough to put up a forward camp, you can resurrect once, and then have a 5 min cool down timer to resurrect again.

However, without CP, and in a game where people die much, much more quickly, there were forward camps that permitted resurrections without cool down timers.

I feel as though decreasing the TTK and not altering the restrictions brought in after CP became a factor in PvP will put people back into feeling like we're playing Horse Simulator rather than a fast-paced war.

I don't meant to say there shouldn't be some kind of downside to dying, or that the side with the most FCs should win, because that was trash too. Just that balance in death as an actual mechanic hasn't really been discussed when we're talking about removing CPs.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. It's already dead, so those whom periodically try it, won't stay long enough to build up any presence

Not whining, just posting what seems to be the overall consensus from what I've seen, well at least in terms of what's being talked about the most.

How many "CP is awesome - great job ZOS!" posts do you see?

Even some of the better players admit to just using spam meta techniques and they don't want to but that's what they're forced into.

Yes Azura is dead but it's the same reason the in game markets change.

1 month ago Temp Alloy was selling 10-12k on PS4 NA. Then cause someone wants to offload and undercut others, they start listing them for 8-9k. Zone sellers see people refusing prices cause they can buy them from traders so then they lower that price. It's a chain reaction.

Same in PvP. I guarantee if Azura would pop-lock for one week straight and Scourge was dead then everyone would be on Azura.

I'm sorry, but if you actually think that the CP campaign is perfectly fine - I can't help but laugh. I understand playing it because there is action all the time- but it really is broken.

I'll still jump in to get AP and play with guild members but for a serious competitive game mode I'll look elsewhere.
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    I play cp pvp all the time and have 0 problems getting kills.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I think complaining about sustain is the latest fad that both ZOS and the player base have latched on to. I don't agree. I did OK during non-CP week, well even, but I hate anything that takes away your agency. I do not enjoy worrying about sustain. I do not enjoy having to heavy attack, which will not actually result in my premature death, just a stupid prolonged fight, where you can't get anything done for being out of resources all the time.

The big thing, for me, that the game could do without, is snares and immobilisations. Same principle. They take away your agency. I've kind of gotten used to it, but when I first started playing a magicka character (magblade), being immobilised by a mag DK or snared by a low slash / Tremorscale spammer was the worst. Even if I accept being effectively rooted, I noticed a heavy snare affects your turn-rate, so stamina players were able to dance around me and I could not even turn fast enough to attack them. If I make a mistake, that's fine. But when the game takes away or impedes my ability to act, that's when I feel like throwing in the towel.

Some fights are balanced and result in a stalemate. In my view, that's a fact of life. The majority of my fights in open world, I win or loose pretty quickly. I play in the CP campaigns.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you that No cp is probably more balanced and healthier PVP experience.The only issue I have and from other players I talk to and play with all the things we hate about the game are worst in no cp.So why play no Cp when poisons,proc sets and other stupid things in the game are even more unbalanced than in cp.If they nerfed the crap out of proc sets and resources poisons I'm sure more players will play in no cp.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is the opposite, I used to love the non cp campaign but now i tend to prefer the one with cp. I enjoy less troubles on sustain and find myself having better chance if reasonably outnumbered.

On non cp campaign I find it much harder to survive if your opponent outnumbers you even a little. Then you have to res far away or wait for cool down. Im not a veteran pvp player but i do enjoy cp campaign at the moment.

Also the campaignes have many people.

Alltogether there are basically more actions time to enjoy.
    Edited by Morgul667 on April 12, 2017 4:41AM
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    i pray that Battlegrounds are really going to be non CP only like i hearrd, because on console i really want to play non cp but Azura is dead.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp would be perfect if we kept our max stats from CPs. As anyone should know, they took away our max stats when cp dropped, in order to make cp give us those stats back...so it makes sense that getting rid of CP for BGs or Azuras would give us them stats back.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not whining, just posting what seems to be the overall consensus from what I've seen, well at least in terms of what's being talked about the most.

How many "CP is awesome - great job ZOS!" posts do you see?

Even some of the better players admit to just using spam meta techniques and they don't want to but that's what they're forced into.

Yes Azura is dead but it's the same reason the in game markets change.

1 month ago Temp Alloy was selling 10-12k on PS4 NA. Then cause someone wants to offload and undercut others, they start listing them for 8-9k. Zone sellers see people refusing prices cause they can buy them from traders so then they lower that price. It's a chain reaction.

Same in PvP. I guarantee if Azura would pop-lock for one week straight and Scourge was dead then everyone would be on Azura.

I'm sorry, but if you actually think that the CP campaign is perfectly fine - I can't help but laugh. I understand playing it because there is action all the time- but it really is broken.

I'll still jump in to get AP and play with guild members but for a serious competitive game mode I'll look elsewhere.

Just fyi, wasn't directed at you, just pointing out you'll find WAY MORE "ugh this sucks or that sucks" threads over, "this is good or that is good" if it's good, it's as it should be and no one will comment. If it's bad then people want it changed and therefore voice their opinion. You'll always find more outspoken negativity over positivity.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Personally I think complaining about sustain is the latest fad that both ZOS and the player base have latched on to. I don't agree. I did OK during non-CP week, well even, but I hate anything that takes away your agency. I do not enjoy worrying about sustain. I do not enjoy having to heavy attack, which will not actually result in my premature death, just a stupid prolonged fight, where you can't get anything done for being out of resources all the time.

The big thing, for me, that the game could do without, is snares and immobilisations. Same principle. They take away your agency. I've kind of gotten used to it, but when I first started playing a magicka character (magblade), being immobilised by a mag DK or snared by a low slash / Tremorscale spammer was the worst. Even if I accept being effectively rooted, I noticed a heavy snare affects your turn-rate, so stamina players were able to dance around me and I could not even turn fast enough to attack them. If I make a mistake, that's fine. But when the game takes away or impedes my ability to act, that's when I feel like throwing in the towel.

Some fights are balanced and result in a stalemate. In my view, that's a fact of life. The majority of my fights in open world, I win or loose pretty quickly. I play in the CP campaigns.

"latest fad"? You do realize infinite sustain was the biggest issue people had with CP since they were introduced 2 years ago?
    Baconlad wrote: »
    No cp would be perfect if we kept our max stats from CPs. As anyone should know, they took away our max stats when cp dropped, in order to make cp give us those stats back...so it makes sense that getting rid of CP for BGs or Azuras would give us them stats back.

They also removed softcaps. I'd take my current non cp stats with the gear sets I used in 1.5 over my actual stats in 1.5*10 any day.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is only good for group players IMO. I'm usually a solo player and for me no CP is horrible. I think the problem is that the damage reduction and healing reductions that result from not having CP are disproportionate. Something like a infernal guardian proc can significantly decrease your health (especially if you're a vampire) cause it's damage isn't reduced by CP, but your defense and healing are. So if you don't have a healer of tank to take damage and pressure off of you, your shields or heals aren't enough to keep you alive against more than 2 people cause the damage is so disproportionate. I think no CP would be good if they did something to reduce the overall damage that is dealt in cyrodil.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol right? There is a no CP campaign and it's dead but a lot of whining going on about CP.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »

Lol right? There is a no CP campaign and it's dead but a lot of whining going on about CP.

It's dead? Really? It doesn't look that way from inside.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

You're PC aren't ya? It's been dead in Azuras for 2 weeks now at least, it's getting @$!#ing lonely in here.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

You're PC aren't ya? It's been dead in Azuras for 2 weeks now at least, it's getting @$!#ing lonely in here.

Yeah.