The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Kill mobs you aggro, don't run trains through a zone...

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously...
Edited by Shadow_Viper_vX on April 9, 2017 10:17PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But that would make my travling so slow!
    *Streaks away*
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not? doesn't effect other people does it? I'm certainly not stopping to kill every mob I pass one by one
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never really found that a problem.

On my tank, I'll run by most mobs, whether I aggro them or not because it takes me a while to kill things. On my DPS, I lose almost no time killing them so I will usually kill them unless I'm in a big hurry.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I ride through an area and aggro a mob, I'll not stop to kill it if I don't need to.. waste of my time.. their patrol area is not really that large.. Besides, if you take aggro before they start to return, they are yours
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on April 9, 2017 10:24PM
  • lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    That was hilarious in some games. I remember in some early MMO's you could aggro half the map and have a train stretching back for as far as you could see. And they would aggro on anyone who got in their way. That doesn't happen in modern MMOs like ESO with short leashes on mobs and anti-kiting mechanics. And the mobs don't aggro on anyone passing by so it's not really a concern.
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It literally effects no one, so....
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    This isnt EQ. What does it possibly matter in this game?
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm in a rush and I don't have to kill them to enter a door, sorry, no.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only time that this is a bit of an issue is in public dungeons and delves. Someone runs through with 35 mobs behind him and if you are coming in just a little later, the mobs are all running back and resetting (sometimes right on top of you).

Honestly, I kind of enjoy that - it keeps you on your toes and puts a TINY bit of danger in an otherwise pretty non dangerous world.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But what if I'm bringing that train to kill the dolmen botters? Sometimes I just can't resist lol.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mobs have leashes and only travel so far then they run back to their spawn point. It only causes a problem if you are questing in their spawn point and suddenly a group of 3 run up behind you while you are busy attacking something else, so you end up with 5 or 6 to fight off instead of 2 or 3.

Yes, I have had that happen before. Thank goodness I'm a Templar.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stand still, the train will ignore you as they run back to position. If you attack or your aoe hits one then you have taken the aggro. So far I've never had a train work on me in this game.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hwhy?
    PC | EU
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like this is Everquest or anything....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NE8PtQeC8&t=59s
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time that this is a bit of an issue is in public dungeons and delves. Someone runs through with 35 mobs behind him and if you are coming in just a little later, the mobs are all running back and resetting (sometimes right on top of you).

Honestly, I kind of enjoy that - it keeps you on your toes and puts a TINY bit of danger in an otherwise pretty non dangerous world.

Exactly the issue :-)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It pisses me off when such a train runs by, and I unleash on them only to have them reset and rubberband back (immune to attacks) at the first damage. I want to kill them dammit! It's pretty dumb that they'll run beyond where they'll stay and fight. I don't blame the player - I blame the stupid mechanic.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not like this is Everquest or anything....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NE8PtQeC8&t=59s
    And he only stands still, some sort of damage shield?
    You could get the same effect in wow as low level enemies would die if you looked hard on them but you could not pull that many enemies.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont tell me what to do.
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunawisp wrote: »
    That was hilarious in some games. I remember in some early MMO's you could aggro half the map and have a train stretching back for as far as you could see. And they would aggro on anyone who got in their way. That doesn't happen in modern MMOs like ESO with short leashes on mobs and anti-kiting mechanics. And the mobs don't aggro on anyone passing by so it's not really a concern.

Eq druids op
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    It pisses me off when such a train runs by, and I unleash on them only to have them reset and rubberband back (immune to attacks) at the first damage. I want to kill them dammit! It's pretty dumb that they'll run beyond where they'll stay and fight. I don't blame the player - I blame the stupid mechanic.

Aye, it's extremely annoying
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people you are addressing will never see this.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how else will we honor the legacy of Fansy the Famous Bard?
    Edited by Cadbury on April 13, 2017 11:41PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

Yes, well said, I agree :)

19095310.jpg
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please keep pulling mobs ahead of me - especially in delves so I don't have to do it.

I love it when I'm in a delve and see a stream of mobs headed back toward me because I know that someone else is doing all my work for me and I can quickly run up and ninja the boss loot.
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to me once doing a quest had to kill mobs but couldn't cause aoe took them all so I was screw it is took a few off the train. Then they started yelling and swearing at me for it and saying they were there first.
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    I dunno, sometimes I just want to get somewhere. And there are areas where they just litter mobs everywhere off the road so you can't get anywhere without triggering ten dudes. The density of mobs in the game has annoyed me sometimes, I understand if you are in an enemy camp but when they put packs of wolves every 15 feet or some crap I can get quite annoyed.

There's been times I had a train following me and at a certain point I got mad and turned around and killed them all, I just wanted to be left alone!

Sometimes i'll pass by mobs, aggro them and pop burning talons and just bail. And I know at some point i'm going to have to go back and get all the skyshards I missed, there's no way i'm wasting time killing all the mobs on the way to the skyshards.
    Edited by infernomorgothb14_ESO on April 14, 2017 5:19AM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If some bad mannered moron does it just stand still for thirty seconds, maybe fourth five and they will all come running back. I will kill anything baddie wise that comes anywhere near me but if I'm in a quest related zone I will take the care to minimise my impact if I see other players going through the content, that's just basic good manners
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me once doing a quest had to kill mobs but couldn't cause aoe took them all so I was screw it is took a few off the train. Then they started yelling and swearing at me for it and saying they were there first.

Be sure to report toxic players like them
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they're within leash distance it's like a free xp gift - just aoe them and mudball the loser training them.