The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kill mobs you aggro, don't run trains through a zone...

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Zenzuki on April 14, 2017 11:01AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill mobs all the time in cyrodill
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like letting mobs I aggros descend on helpless noobs. Muahahahah.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually sometimes I kind of appreciate this. Sometimes I haaaaaate that I can't get anywhere without having to deal with mobs of enemies, like a delve where I just gotta grab something quick at the end of it. I looooove when someone has been through ahead of me and has everyone aggro'd so that I don't gotta deal with them. Cuz I'm suuuper lazy.

The only time this pisses me off is when I need said mobs for a quest. That's the only time that it's not okay in my opinion.
    NA PS4
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players that don't kill mobs are the first ones to complain about how long it takes to level a character.
    Get with the program those aren't mobs, they are walking xp, gold and leather!
    I also laugh at the ones that pass by that columbine I pick.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm in a area that I need to kill mobs and someone is there rounding them all up I just jump on that gravy train and spam AoE skills when they stop :smiley:

If they are just training by me where I need mobs I just wait a second or three and the mobs are right back.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider it rude to train monsters behind me, so I stop and kill them when it happens. That said, I might not notice a lone wolf following me right away.

What is really rude are the people who are farming bosses and are in a rush to get to the boss and start farming the XP or drop and train every delve/dungeon mob between the boss and the door. Taking a minute to kill a few mobs is such a burden. Besides, they might die unless they are under the protection of others. I have seen people train mobs to a boss, then stand there while others around a boss take care of them.

I figure that most of the players that do it are basically people that really aren't interested in the game, just whatever objective they need to get behind them so they can leave ESO and go play some other game. The faster they do that, the faster they will be gone from the game. In any case, I'll probably never see them again, so it isn't worth getting worked up about.

If ZOS did not want this, they would not have a leash radius and would have included an effective root ability in all monster abilities to make the player stick around.

Still it would help if the mob realized that it was out of range and turned around right away, rather than waiting until it catches up, taking a shot, becoming immune to attack, then running back.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not totally the same but I remember the good old days of DAoC .... early on before they made it impossible...

Play a minstrel and group with a cleric. Charm a "Greater Telamon" that was much higher level and since it was a pet, the cleric could buff the crap out of it. Run back to the starter area and release the pet (but it kept the buffs). It didn't have a tether and was an aggressive mob. It would agro anything in sight and just mutilate folks with it's 6' scimitar. It even destroyed the NPC guards. The eventually fixed it so it couldn't kill the guards.

Added a little excitement to 50 players all standing around killing the same rat that spawned.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    No, please keep pulling mobs ahead of me - especially in delves so I don't have to do it.

I love it when I'm in a delve and see a stream of mobs headed back toward me because I know that someone else is doing all my work for me and I can quickly run up and ninja the boss loot.

Yup. With all the daily quests and farming for motifs all the quests becomes sooo repetitive and boring af. So yeah I'm not going to kill every single mob I run into. Do you know how long that will take? In a tank that has no DPS? Way to Long.
    Edited by Cêltic421 on April 14, 2017 3:14PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol

rip decibel
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had legendary whole zone trains in the original everquest. I wiped an entire raid once for funz on my bard. Agro whole zone then vanish when I get to the raid or just zone out.

In Everquest zone entrances were some of the most dangerous places to be. "TRAIN INC" was a popular spam and it got everyones attn.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The people you are addressing will never see this.

No, I saw it, though it won't help the OP any. If I'm running through a dungeon while ignoring the adds I'm skyshard/skill point hunting and I'm not interested in wasting my time killing mobs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, Everquest days were the trains ever.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players that don't kill mobs are the first ones to complain about how long it takes to level a character.
    Get with the program those aren't mobs, they are walking xp, gold and leather!
    I also laugh at the ones that pass by that columbine I pick.

QFE!

I don't understand the refusal some people have to killing mobs
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobs give exp and usually loot

It's always awesome to get a piece of blue equipment from the corpse of a dead skeever
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to find people doing this intensely annoying.

Then the Anniversary event happened, and I started wanting to dash through delves and public dungeons as fast as humanly possible.

I'll probably go back to finding it annoying tonight.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye super annoying
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously...

I like the trains it keeps things interesting for me as easy as open world can be at times. You kids do not know a real train like in old school everquest you would die instantly then gotta recover your corpse without all your gear and find someone to rez you.
    Edited by DragonBound on April 23, 2017 1:16AM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    denied
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying in quest areas where someone has pulled mobs away from a quest objective and they return when you are in a dialogue screen - that annoys me tbh.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually my train flattens any mobs in its path. It's when I bicycle through mobs that they become a nuisance.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mobs give exp and usually loot

It's always awesome to get a piece of blue equipment from the corpse of a dead skeever

If you don't need any of the above they become a pointless obstacle.
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    No mob trains will ever compare to the mob trains in the early years of FFXI. Garliage Citadel and Crawlers Nest...oh lord, the carnage caused by ppl training the entire zone to the entrance/exit. I miss it.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no way I'm leaving mobs alive behind me, most cp 600 builds with melt the little beggars even after Morrowind, besides, I want my gold and I got a whole mob of master crafters which can be a very expensive hobby >:)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week I found a couple of people trying to kill one of the giant world bosses. I rushed in to help them (there were only two players, and were having a tough fight), and didn't see that I'd aggroed a couple of crocodiles when I did so. I felt like a derp. I had to kill the crocs before I could help with the boss, because if I didn't, it would have been a pretty crappy move. LOL! I usually don't do derpy things like that. I just didn't see the gators.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Last week I found a couple of people trying to kill one of the giant world bosses. I rushed in to help them (there were only two players, and were having a tough fight), and didn't see that I'd aggroed a couple of crocodiles when I did so. I felt like a derp. I had to kill the crocs before I could help with the boss, because if I didn't, it would have been a pretty crappy move. LOL! I usually don't do derpy things like that. I just didn't see the gators.

But the important thing is you did the right thing when you noticed you had :-D
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    I try to aggro critters to attack those bots or players who just stand outside dolmens heavy attacking one spot with staves and bows.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to also report suspected bots
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time that this is a bit of an issue is in public dungeons and delves. Someone runs through with 35 mobs behind him and if you are coming in just a little later, the mobs are all running back and resetting (sometimes right on top of you).

Honestly, I kind of enjoy that - it keeps you on your toes and puts a TINY bit of danger in an otherwise pretty non dangerous world.

Exactly the issue :-)

Not stopping me from Rez flopping my way to the skyshard.