Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Bring surveys back to craglorn

JamieJammer
JamieJammer
✭✭
Can we bring the surveys all to one location again? I lmiss the days when where you turned in your writs that's where you got the surveys. This traveling all around to do a survey is getting time consuming and annoying not to mention the inventory space it consumes.
Edited by JamieJammer on April 9, 2017 11:05AM
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we bring the surveys all to one location again? I lmiss the days when where you turned in your writs that's where you got the surveys. This traveling all around to do a survey is getting time consuming and annoying not to mention the inventory space it consumes.

It was discussed as an unnecessary when it was first introduced on the PTS. All they did is cutting the drop rate by half and doubling the ressources from the surveys, which reduces the problem but doesnt solve it...

Bringing them back to one area would help a lot but I think the best solution would be rank 4 hirelings, that collect your surveys within 24 hours or an assistant to collect them. I mean srsly why would a master crafter travel around the world collecting materials?
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the current system is fine.

You still have to travel to a wayshrine from Belkarth to get to the survey site. Whether that wayshrine is in Craglorn or another zone you still get a short loading screen.

On top of all that, there's some variety in the scenery from traveling to different zones.

If you're too lazy to retrieve the survey mats (letting the maps build up in inventory) that's on the player and not the system.
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You still have to travel to a wayshrine from Belkarth to get to the survey site. Whether that wayshrine is in Craglorn or another zone you still get a short loading screen.

On top of all that, there's some variety in the scenery from traveling to different zones.

If you're too lazy to retrieve the survey mats (letting the maps build up in inventory) that's on the player and not the system.

Stocking them up is the only way to make this system a little bit more efficient. You know how much time it took on average to collect one survey when they were still all in Wrothgar and you had many identical ones?
    25s on average when collecting 200 surveys.
    So how much time does it take you to collect one survey with all the traveling and loading screens? Don't you think there are better ways to spend your time in the game than riding around and staring at the same loading screens again and again?
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GilGalad wrote: »

Stocking them up is the only way to make this system a little bit more efficient. You know how much time it took on average to collect one survey when they were still all in Wrothgar and you had many identical ones?
    25s on average when collecting 200 surveys.
    So how much time does it take you to collect one survey with all the traveling and loading screens? Don't you think there are better ways to spend your time in the game than riding around and staring at the same loading screens again and again?

Really?

Since EVERY top tier writ is turned into Craglorn, I would not want every survey for be Crag as well. I find going to other zones breaks up the monotony of daily writ grinding and provides a great diversion.

I harvest, find chests, and generally just wander a bit on the way to the survey site. If it was all grind writ, grind survey, grind grind grind - I would probably just stop doing them at all.
  • JamieJammer
    JamieJammer
    ✭✭
    I max craft in 9 characters do 54 writs pets day and get writs approx. 2 surveys per character per day that's 18 surveys in most likely 18 different areas I have trials to do guild maintenance etc this travel all over the world for a survey is time consuming and boring. Let alone searching where each one in bfe is located because on console you don't have ad ins to tell you where they are. Plus crashes from loading into zones etc. Letting them stockpile is ok but I'm lacking inventory space and bank space even having al characters at max bag space.
    Edited by JamieJammer on April 10, 2017 3:56AM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing I like best about how ESO has evolved is that if something annoys you, there is almost certainly a solution in the game.

More than half of the new locations are right next to a wayshrine. Typically, I'll grab all of those weekly and wait to get 5-6 writs to distant nodes. You no longer have to log in and out to refresh a survey site anymore, if you make one trip to do 5-6 surveys, the efficiency is high. And Craglorn had more pain in the rear survey sites than any other area. There was one clothier site that was bottled in by scaled court, back when scaled court was tough. I always used an NB to grab it.

I have something like 15 max crafters. In order to make writs painless, I outfitted an Orc for speed and funnel all the writs to it. My Orc is faster on foot than a horse with rapids, and a bit faster on horse than on foot. It makes survey collection, and harvesting in general, both efficient and painless.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like being sent all around Tamriel. I probably would have found it annoying though if I was level 6.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i let them accumulate with each type stacked onto a character appropriate for it.
    When a resource gets low, i grab the 3-4 most loaded stacks of surveys with 5 or more surveys and head off to harvest them for a short time.
    Then back to game.
    Works great.
    i like it.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I like best about how ESO has evolved is that if something annoys you, there is almost certainly a solution in the game.

More than half of the new locations are right next to a wayshrine. Typically, I'll grab all of those weekly and wait to get 5-6 writs to distant nodes. You no longer have to log in and out to refresh a survey site anymore, if you make one trip to do 5-6 surveys, the efficiency is high. And Craglorn had more pain in the rear survey sites than any other area. There was one clothier site that was bottled in by scaled court, back when scaled court was tough. I always used an NB to grab it.

I have something like 15 max crafters. In order to make writs painless, I outfitted an Orc for speed and funnel all the writs to it. My Orc is faster on foot than a horse with rapids, and a bit faster on horse than on foot. It makes survey collection, and harvesting in general, both efficient and painless.

You never had to relog to make the duplicate surveys respawn. Riding away around 50-100m and maybe breaking line of sight is enough to make the nodes respawn. As I wrote above collecting a survey, riding away and back with speedbuffs took around 25-30 seconds in Wrothgar. You cant get even close to these numbers when you have loading screens in between.
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont like it too much.. I didnt lik ethem all being in Craglorn also ... but I think I find it more annoying like this.. .. all those loading screens...
    Edited by lientier on April 10, 2017 5:37PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like travelling to the different zones - adds some variety to the whole thing.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep craglorn ones but just delete the other.

I don't have 20 minutes to find 50 ore.