The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Poll: do you want cost poisons in Morrowind?

MalcolM24
MalcolM24
✭✭✭✭
To be more precise; do you want the Ravage Magicka/Stamina and Restore Magicka/Stamina effect on poisons in PvP? Since there's a lot of .. talk about it, this can be some useful (simple) feedback for ZOS.
Edited by MalcolM24 on April 9, 2017 6:26AM

Poll: do you want cost poisons in Morrowind? 241 votes

Yes (I don't want anything to change)
9%
PheefsVoryn_DagothBam_BamDomanderidkRojnaarAztlanAhPook_Is_HereDHaleGalagos1paulsimonpsGreenSoup2HoTPink_ViolinzaltemrieloibamBeardimusdoublestuffedQbikenSubversusboggo 22 votes
No (I want cost poisons removed)
73%
FENGRUSHjediodyn_ESOMorbashrfennell_ESOGilvothJoy_DivisionXenipharkansas_ESODeadlyRecluseYolokin_SwagonbornRadioheadSh0tGedericKilandrosgrim_tacticsKungfussewallb14_ESOZettaPetaEtanielIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOpmn100b16_ESO 178 votes
I want a nerf
13%
Alomarkadarishilb14_ESOKasIruil_ESOSodanTokPotenzaMajeureToRelaxKartalinSanct16AnethumilanderErynyesCinbriTBoisDerrasadownikFlyLionelAzurulia 33 votes
I want a buff
3%
c0rpBEZDNArosendoichinoveb17_ESOSureshawtDragonfyreApheriusGoodFella146xylena_lazarow 8 votes
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesnt care what we want. They already said that poisons are allowed
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisons in general shouldn't be in the game at all.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf
    It part of the game, they can't just remove it. Ravage poisons should get back to original 30%, not overkilling 60%.
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Longer cool down or a smaller effect especially with the removal of cost reduction CPS they should never have been implemented in the first place. ZOS wont remove but i would prefer for them to go away and never be seen again but I know that wont happen so better to just tone them down abit (alot) than to remove them is our best hope thats just my opinion anyways.

The thing what made poisons stronk was it made duels really annoying with those who used them (cost ones) but 1VX and open world getting hit by heavy armour people who can out sustain you out dmg you and out tank you then they hit you with a BI cost or single stat increase poison and you are forced to be defensive for a few seconds yes they are counterable but they are just a massive pain and shouldn't be here in the first place.
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a nerf
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It part of the game, they can't just remove it. Ravage poisons should get back to original 30%, not overkilling 60%.

Honestly 30% was too high from the start. I'd rather have them at 10% - 20%.
    Edited by ToRelax on April 9, 2017 10:52AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf
    I´d much rather have their duration reduced than their potency.

But i agree that in their current implementation they don´t create fun gameplay especially when used in a nonCP environment.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only poison i rly, rly hate, mostly because they empower the zerg.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game should be balanced about 4v4s, not 1v1s. Poisons are just another zerg tool.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a nerf
    I don't really have a strong feeling, I feel most of the time it's just an easy excuse for people to say "OMG I GOT POISONED".

I can see it being annoying for 1vX but it's questionable if the game should be balanced around that. For more even fights or in groups >4 I don't really see a problem with it. Saying it empowers zergs is a pretty bold statement tho; if you die vs a zerg because of poisons you would have died anyway.

However 60% is quite a lot so I think reducing that a bit would be alright.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    I don't really have a strong feeling, I feel most of the time it's just an easy excuse for people to say "OMG I GOT POISONED".

I can see it being annoying for 1vX but it's questionable if the game should be balanced around that. For more even fights or in groups >4 I don't really see a problem with it. Saying it empowers zergs is a pretty bold statement tho; if you die vs a zerg because of poisons you would have died anyway.

I can't agree with the statement that if you die vs a zerg because of poisons you would have died anyway. That cost increase is so huge it can easily be the difference between, for instance, dodging a couple more times to get enough safety from line of sight, or for a sorc to streak away from the reach of gap closers, etc. Or getting a few more heals and damage skills off and killing the enemies right there and then.

I'd rather there were no poisons at all, but if there must be cost increase poisons, 10% or 20% should be it, not more. Cutting the regen/cost reduction CP is the right way to go about balancing the game. Imagine how there is a whole set with its fifth piece bonus being EIGHT percent cost reduction to skills. And then consider how much cost reduction and regen the CP give...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf

The problem becomes apparent when you get poisoned by 3 different cost increases and one cast of for example bol will cost ~ 9000 magica (the different duration poisons all count as a different poison and can stack).

I´ve had moments getting attacked by multiple people where i could not use a skill with ~25% magica left bc they were too expensive.
    <Noricum>

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a nerf

Uhm, when I can not compete in sustain with people chasing me, regardless of whether I try to fight or just escape and I have a 60% cost increase on me most of the time, I think I might just survive without it. And that's with a magicka Sorc with Purge slotted mostly for this very reason - most setups have it even worse.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poisons in general shouldn't be in the game at all.

What ravage health poisons? Or poisons that give you access to a few very rare buffs? They should definitely be in the game.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cost poisons require 0 skill and allow any weak player to kill skilled players who dont run em. Its the bigges bs mechanic in the game! It shoukd not be part of any game!
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    get rid of increase cost, everything else I fine and interesting
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snakeblood anyone?
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snakeblood anyone?

Wait what? That passive works against poisons??
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make them 10%
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Snakeblood anyone?

Wait what? That passive works against poisons??

What, you didn't know? Gotcha! ;)

haha no, but it would be a quick bandaid fix and pretty much remove (or significantly reduce) them from PVP. PVE players can still retain all benefits of course. It's also the most useless passive in the game, but with ironically the most potential for a better PVP experience if just re-done a bit.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf
    i maybe want target-based immunity not user-based cooldowns but that's probably not the most interesting part:

more importantly, I think counter play should be more readily available. maybe not tied to normal cleanse. At least as a templar with extended ritual, I absolutely don't mind if someone uses poisons in duels. if everybody had a valid way (maybe have an antidote potion stat that can be used to negate their effect (in excahnge for having only 2, not 3 other potion effects)) to react to poisons, they could be very strong and still not be perceived as OP.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe should be removed from any non-CP environment.

With CP they are not too bad at 30%.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 21, 2017 10:52PM
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    get rid of them they ruin the game
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf
    Derra wrote: »
    I´d much rather have their duration reduced than their potency.

But i agree that in their current implementation they don´t create fun gameplay especially when used in a nonCP environment.

Isn´t it ironic that we get the exact opposite of this?

Potency decrease with coupled with a gearset to increase the duration by 40 - 110% depending on the poison used.

Another prime example of zos removing "intelligent" counterplay as an option (i e not spamming abilities when poisoned if that can be avoided - and on the other side pressuring a poisoned opponent into using abilities).
    Now we get (optionally more) poisons with durations that don´t allow for counterplay at all.
    Edited by Derra on April 22, 2017 8:37AM
    <Noricum>

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I know resource poisons were introduced to fight the ''infinite regen'' that CP campaigns had. Now that almost the entire concept of regen is nerfed whats the point of having this?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a nerf
    I don't know if they should be removed altogether, just nerf them to a more reasonable potency, so there are other optons. I think 15% at most, and they'd still be good.
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Nobody wants cost poisons now....Let alone a month from now
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly resource poisons aren't going to be needed in Morrowind....delete them from the game imo.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cost increase poisons should instead by a regeneration penalty. The cost increase ones make it so that a magicka build can't even cast a single break-free if they have any stamina missing at all.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to use the magicka and stam drain poisons for the sustain they provide. I don't care about the cost increase on the enemy so they can remove that completely and I wouldn't care.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    I like to use the magicka and stam drain poisons for the sustain they provide. I don't care about the cost increase on the enemy so they can remove that completely and I wouldn't care.

This would be a perfect fix.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)