The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Miat's PVP Alerts just got updated! Now in 3D!

Dorrino
Dorrino
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm very proud to announce that Miat's Pvp Alerts just received a major update.

Now

pvw5464.jpg

with

pvw5460.jpg

3D icons!

pvw5458.jpg

And other features!

pvw5463.jpg

Update description:

All pvp objectives (resources, keeeps, towns, ic districts) as well as various locations on the map (Ayleid wells, delves, camps, crossswords) now have 3d icons in the gameworld on top of them.

Added icons for Alessia Bridge and Chalman and Ash Gates. The icons have the color of the faction that currently has Alessia, Chalman or Ash keeps respectively.

The icon shows faction owning the objective, its under attack status, number of sieges status and its capture status.

You can mouseover the icons to see the name of the objective, your distance from it and exact number of sieges near it.

Map pings (player waypoint, rally point, players' pings) will also have 3d icons in the gameworld at their location.

As a side feature, if you're in a group and place player waypoint on the map the addon automatically places your ping at the same position (the ping will disappear in a few seconds).

While at your faction gates you will see a special icons. If you mouseover it a frame with current campaign information (campaign name, current score, emperor status and your position in the campaign) will appear.

All 3d icons can be seen through by the terrain, just like ZOS quest\group markers.

Grab it HERE
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wonders never cease . Total amazballs .
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite-Facepalm-Reaction-Gif-Patrick-Stewart.gif
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    I just updated it and had to uninstall it cause every time I logged in I immediately got dropped form the server for Error 318 Excessive Spamming

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/334138/dropped-from-server-as-soon-as-i-login-for-spamming-resolved-addon-issue#latest
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is this ____ addon going to be considered a cheat/exploit by ZOS? Seriously. Gives you the numbers and names of players in stealth around you?

ZOS HOW? HOW can you let this continue? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just updated it and had to uninstall it cause every time I logged in I immediately got dropped form the server for Error 318 Excessive Spamming

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/334138/dropped-from-server-as-soon-as-i-login-for-spamming-resolved-addon-issue#latest

Shouldn't happen. Never happened for anybody else using it.

You sure this happens with ONLY PvpAerts on, no other addons?
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    So when is this ____ addon going to be considered a cheat/exploit by ZOS? Seriously. Gives you the numbers and names of players in stealth around you?

ZOS HOW? HOW can you let this continue? @ZOS_GinaBruno

It doesn't do that anymore.
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »

Shouldn't happen. Never happened for anybody else using it.

You sure this happens with ONLY PvpAerts on, no other addons?

No, I use several addons, but I started by disabling the two that updated this morning, which was yours and ESO Master Recipe List, I disabled your first and it fixed it immediately so I didn't try any other addons. Maybe it is yours reacting with another addon I am using.
    Edited by KILLING4ALIVING on April 8, 2017 10:59PM
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having the same thing happen to me. If I log into a character with PVP Alerts enabled that isn't in a PVP zone and then enter Cyrodiil/Imperial City, everything works fine, but if I log into a character that's already in Cyrodiil/Imperial City, then it kicks me back to the login screen for excessive messaging. I can disable PVPAlerts in the login screen, move the character out of Cyrodiil, reenable the addon, then reenter Cyrodiil with no problems on the same character.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try to test with only this addon. Just uploaded a new 2.35 version.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to disable parts of the add on like notifications of projectiles and stealth players?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Are you able to disable parts of the add on like notifications of projectiles and stealth players?

You can disable any addon's feature separately from other features.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Does this add on notify heavy attacks also?
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this add on notify heavy attacks also?

Yep. Just not from stealth.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I run a heavy attack build and was wondering why this week good players dodge it alot more than ever. Assassin's scourge and incap too? I'm going to download and try this, guess I have too. Oh can a notify come on for poison poison prices too like the ravage mag and or stam? Ty. Cheers.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah cool an even more supportive crutch for the noobs and the terribads...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gets pretty cheese I tab target miat while I am I'm stealth 50m away and he immediately knows.

I'm sorry but you aren't telepathic miat, and why bother fighting that. Sure, maybe you aren't cheating if all you are doing is using an add-on that warns you other players are around, and let's say you are just to give you the benefit of the doubt:

Why would I bother trying to fight someone in this game who has a computational tactical edge when we know a human can't achieve the same capacity as a computer, and we know that certain game mechanics which are designed with a specific class/spec balance system in mind are in part rooted in human perceptions, and their competitive effectiveness is in part determined by the opponents perception.

It effectively deminishes the whole point of combat by eliminating competitive play at any level that depends upon using your perception of a scenario to anticipate.

It deminishes an entire dimension of play and the substance of combat. By the same philosophy, we may as well all just only be allowed to use light attack because that way everyone will predictable.

The point of stealth is that it's unpredictable.
    The point of long range attacks is that they are unpredictable.

You have to learn to anticipate.
    This add-on removes the need to learn to anticipate.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 10, 2017 8:10PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    It gets pretty cheese I tab target miat while I am I'm stealth 50m away and he immediately knows.

If this is true - whisper me ingame. We need to test it.

Why would I bother trying to fight someone in this game who has a computational tactical edge when we know a human can't achieve the same capacity as a computer, and we know that certain game mechanics which are designed with a specific class/spec balance system in mind are in part rooted in human perceptions, and their competitive effectiveness is in part determined by the opponents perception.

If you mean stealth specifically, to support your point you need to provide evidence that stealth in this game was designed as a part of balanced system and which elements of the default interface allows 'the opponent' to have said 'perception' of the stealther.

It effectively deminishes the whole point of combat by eliminating competitive play at any level that depends upon using your perception of a scenario to anticipate.

It feels like you have a very peculiar definition of the term 'perception'. Addons, for instance, produce alerts which have to be perceived by the player. How exactly interface addition that notifies you about, say, a heavy attack against you is different from interface addition that notifies you about numerical values of your character health?

I disagree on both accounts here. Finesse of game's combat system comes in unpredictability of player's actions, not over-reliance on one limited game mechanic. Even more, if stealth/range gives a benefit of unpredictability what drawbacks does it carry to outweigh (i.e. balance) the perks? If none, than the fact these systems are present in the game actually REDUCES both variability and unpredictability of them, since there is no point NOT to use them.

Think about that.

The attacker utilizes easy to learn and use mechanic that gives him, let's assume, the unpredictability. Did HE do anything to be unpredictable? No? Then why do you want the target to be put in a weaker spot only because the target himself doesn't use stealth/range? Why would you want the target to be even weaker than it is already by, you know, being a target? Why does the target has to outskill and outplay the attacker? Why the fact that he attacks should give him that high of an edge over another player?
    Edited by Dorrino on April 11, 2017 1:38AM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you mean stealth specifically, to support your point you need to provide evidence that stealth in this game was designed as a part of balanced system and which elements of the default interface allows 'the opponent' to have said 'perception' of the stealther."

are you trolling? Stealth is stealth. In ESO stealth makes you invisible to players unless detection pots/magelight are used, or unless you stumble upon them. How else do you suppose stealth in this game was designed to be? Cosmetical? If a cheesy program helps anyone detect stealthed players it should be evident for anyone its not how its supposed to be. Unless you really just want to troll ofc

And when it comes to "alerts". Theres a big fukkin difference from a red HEAVY ATTACK LAUNCED, to actually in a mass fight notice some dude behind you is targeting you with it. Unless you have a 360 screen with your little brother back to back wathing it too. You dont have to be very perceiving to react to that as long as your spine is connected to the brain. And if you are uncertain if this is how it was designed to be too, the waters not very deep or the trolling gets worse.

And finally, and here you MUST be trolling; why a non stealthed player should have same edge as a stealthed one. Lets just remove stealth entirely from the game, shall we? Been ganked too much?
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on April 11, 2017 1:57AM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's that fetish called when you fall in love with inanimate objects?

PS4 I love you.....just because
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you mean stealth specifically, to support your point you need to provide evidence that stealth in this game was designed as a part of balanced system and which elements of the default interface allows 'the opponent' to have said 'perception' of the stealther."

are you trolling? Stealth is stealth. In ESO stealth makes you invisible to players unless detection pots/magelight are used, or unless you stumble upon them. How else do you suppose stealth in this game was designed to be? Cosmetical? If a cheesy program helps anyone detect stealthed players it should be evident for anyone its not how its supposed to be. Unless you really just want to troll ofc

Read the context. The guy i was replying to mentioned perception related to stealth. Thus the question.
    And when it comes to "alerts". Theres a big fukkin difference from a red HEAVY ATTACK LAUNCED, to actually in a mass fight notice some dude behind you is targeting you with it. Unless you have a 360 screen with your little brother back to back wathing it too. You dont have to be very perceiving to react to that as long as your spine is connected to the brain. And if you are uncertain if this is how it was designed to be too, the waters not very deep or the trolling gets worse.

I can and do ask the same question, how can a player be aware about his numerical values for health and other resources? Which part of his brain to spine connection manages that information?

If we want to be realistic - let's walk that road.
    And finally, and here you MUST be trolling; why a non stealthed player should have same edge as a stealthed one. Lets just remove stealth entirely from the game, shall we? Been ganked too much?

I asked the question why a game mechanic NEEDS to have a huge advantage with it, while not carrying any drawbacks?

Why attackers need an edge and targets do not?

How come the very act of attacking first is not enough of an advantage so we need to add low perception conditions (read stealth) to it?
    Edited by Dorrino on April 11, 2017 3:34AM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is true - whisper me ingame. We need to test it.

If you mean stealth specifically, to support your point you need to provide evidence that stealth in this game was designed as a part of balanced system and which elements of the default interface allows 'the opponent' to have said 'perception' of the stealther.

It feels like you have a very peculiar definition of the term 'perception'. Addons, for instance, produce alerts which have to be perceived by the player. How exactly interface addition that notifies you about, say, a heavy attack against you is different from interface addition that notifies you about numerical values of your character health?

I disagree on both accounts here. Finesse of game's combat system comes in unpredictability of player's actions, not over-reliance on one limited game mechanic. Even more, if stealth/range gives a benefit of unpredictability what drawbacks does it carry to outweigh (i.e. balance) the perks? If none, than the fact these systems are present in the game actually REDUCES both variability and unpredictability of them, since there is no point NOT to use them.

Think about that.

The attacker utilizes easy to learn and use mechanic that gives him, let's assume, the unpredictability. Did HE do anything to be unpredictable? No? Then why do you want the target to be put in a weaker spot only because the target himself doesn't use stealth/range? Why would you want the target to be even weaker than it is already by, you know, being a target? Why does the target has to outskill and outplay the attacker? Why the fact that he attacks should give him that high of an edge over another player?

(Point #1) I think it is a testable concept in theory but in practice you wouldn't be able to test it. It is a play instinct intrinsic to situational experience based on behavioural observation.

(Point #2) That concept applies to many components of the game. As one person mentioned, there is a significant difference to responding to a heavy attack from behind, and having your screen tell you "there is a heavy attack happening against you." In one instance if you don't see your opponent, or make an educated guess they are there, you will likely be hit. With a warning system, you will be able to avoid it regardless of weather you anticipated the attack or not. With regard to stealth, the original ui shows you a stealthed opponent when you see them enter/cast/leave stealth. With an add-on, you don't have to see an opponent to know they are there, or assess the situation for a possible threat based on your intuition.

(Point #3) They are different in many ways. Health is a baseline mechanic that everyone has access to. Health is a subjective representation of your inherent risk of death, and doesn't manifest as a real time mechanic on a three dimensional plane. All damage related mechanics in the game are tied to health. Heavy attacks however are an action you take against a player, are represented on a three dimensional plane by a players physics, and have a mechanical element to them inherent to there utility that makes them more easily avoided if a player interprets them happening. If I interpret you heavy attacking me, I can react against it. That is the trade off of range attacks/stealth attacks. They provide an edge in exchange for counterability based on a players ability to observe them (which is possible through the inherent game mechanics). However, if you can simply press a key and react the instant an opponent uses that mechanic against you, without actually observing the opponent, the whole mechanic is rendered ineffective because the inherent mechanics your opponent depends on to use the attack successfully is circumvented.

(Point 4 And relation to the idea of an inherent game balance).

There is a point to using them which is that they provide you with a different form of tactical combat. They make combat varried, and provide different players fighting style options. The trade off is that range attacks and stealth attacks have a certain amount of counterability based on factors like what weapon types you use and your skill lines, what class you are, your perceptions of the situation you are in, if you are seen, and what obstacles you may intuit.

You don't get to have everything.
    You don't get to have all of the variables, all the counters.
    A component of the fight is supposed to be decision making and actively assessing.

That doesn't mean you have to rely on stealth, or not be able to counter it. But you have to be able to play against it. Stealth is a tool, you use it for situations, just like any other tool. As an example.. if you don't want to use stealth for stealth situations, you have to understand the consequences of what that will be based on the game environment. You can die, or you can play in opposition to it.

Which brings me to the idea of BALANCE.

You don't need to prove that balance exists.
    Balance inherently does exist, it manifests as all the math and elements of the game. If you want proof though, look at the dozens of patch manifests with sections dedicated to character changes. The problem is, sometimes you have polarized balance where players are unkillable or players instantly kill you without counterplay, as well as a poor distribution of playing capacity from class to class based on uneven advantages inherent to class skills.

But when you as a player effectively render certain mechanics ineffective through intangible, third party means, it entirely redistributed the combat system in favour of certain styles of fighting which eliminate the need to play counter to certain builds, and gives specific classes and players an unfair mathematical advantage.

The example I give is this:
    If you make a build where the counter is supposed to be potato cannons, and then you build a potatocannon drone that fights potato cannons for you, so you don't have to face potato cannons, then there is no opportunity to be counterplayed, so the fight is a sham.

In general though, I think the most significant point is that removing styles of play by rendering them completely effectively deminishes the overall diversity of play styles in the game.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 11, 2017 4:35AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I want to add there is an important distinction between the way things are and whether or not I agree with them. In the former post, these are observations about the way things ARE. They don't reflect my feelings about them, or how they SHOULD be.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you suck like f..k if you have to use this kind of add-ons to be able to compete.

L2P
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    So this add-on tells you exactly when to dodge... that's a ridiculous advantage which removes a huge amount of awareness and skill. Seeing hp values barely affects combat but I suppose maybe that should go too... although to imply that the two advantages are practically the same is either ignorant or dishonest imho. How is this not cheating, and is this considered a TOS violation? Could someone look into this? It seems like this third party software plays a crucial part of the game for you. Cheating? Exploit? If It isn't I guess I'll download it too lol.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(Point #1) I think it is a testable concept in theory but in practice you wouldn't be able to test it. It is a play instinct intrinsic to situational experience based on behavioural observation.

Then i misunderstood you there:) My understanding was that i do something when you target me. And that definitely had to be tested.
    (Point #2) That concept applies to many components of the game. As one person mentioned, there is a significant difference to responding to a heavy attack from behind, and having your screen tell you "there is a heavy attack happening against you." In one instance if you don't see your opponent, or make an educated guess they are there, you will likely be hit. With a warning system, you will be able to avoid it regardless of weather you anticipated the attack or not. With regard to stealth, the original ui shows you a stealthed opponent when you see them enter/cast/leave stealth. With an add-on, you don't have to see an opponent to know they are there, or assess the situation for a possible threat based on your intuition.

Last part is plainly incorrect. Numbers of stealthed/all players around you are NOT picked up automatically anymore. This changed after Homestead patch. Not trying to sound condescending, but please read the description of the addon.

First part is discussable. There's no 'behind you' in the game. What you see on the screen IS the interface. If an attack is made against your character - the game informs you about the attack in the way ZOS implemented it. But, again, since it's an mmo and everybody has their particular needs in terms of accessibility of the interface, zos provided API for the addons to be made.

ZOS decided what information is allowed for the client to know. A better way of thinking about addons is 'game interface that ZOS didn't do due to lack of time'. Luckily there are people who spend their free time to make additions and amendments to the default interface.

So, to the point. 'a heavy attack from behind' has distinct auditory cues, because the game, by design, INFORMS you about the attacks from all sides. The only difference between listening to the sounds and having a notification on your screen is just clarity.

You might argue that some parts of the gameplay ('attacks from behind') were intentionally made obscure to distinguish experienced players from the rest. I don't want to repeat myself in this thread to answer to that, so please refer to the previous thread (seriously, read it, the discussion was quite good).
    (Point #3) They are different in many ways. Health is a baseline mechanic that everyone has access to. Health is a subjective representation of your inherent risk of death, and doesn't manifest as a real time mechanic on a three dimensional plane. All damage related mechanics in the game are tied to health. Heavy attacks however are an action you take against a player, are represented on a three dimensional plane by a players physics, and have a mechanical element to them inherent to there utility that makes them more easily avoided if a player interprets them happening. If I interpret you heavy attacking me, I can react against it. That is the trade off of range attacks/stealth attacks. They provide an edge in exchange for counterability based on a players ability to observe them (which is possible through the inherent game mechanics). However, if you can simply press a key and react the instant an opponent uses that mechanic against you, without actually observing the opponent, the whole mechanic is rendered ineffective because the inherent mechanics your opponent depends on to use the attack successfully is circumvented.

1. For some reason (not outlined here) reacting to a threat in 3d world is assumed to be more desirable than reacting to a 2d notification. Please elaborate. And a side question - what if i made the notifications in the 3d world itself? Would it make them part of the world and thus validate their existence in your eyes?:)

2. 'Health is a subjective representation of your inherent risk of death' - exactly! Then why would we want the numbers? It has to be character hard breathing and full screen effects (which we already have). How can health bars with numbers be justified in the light of '3d world is better' view?

3. 'They provide an edge in exchange for counterability based on a players ability to observe them' - any attack is the game (besides several purely cc abilities) is blockable. I still don't see the drawbacks assumingly pertaining to ranged and stealthed attacks that counterbalance their effectiveness. Please elaborate.

4. Animation canceling. The whole point about observing opponents attacks can't be applied to this game, because most animations can be and are completely hidden by animation canceling. This even include channels like wrecking blow.
    There is a point to using them which is that they provide you with a different form of tactical combat. They make combat varried, and provide different players fighting style options. The trade off is that range attacks and stealth attacks have a certain amount of counterability based on factors like what weapon types you use and your skill lines, what class you are, your perceptions of the situation you are in, if you are seen, and what obstacles you may intuit.

Again as outlined above please elaborate on this 'counterability' part, because from my experience the only (really only) advantage of melee attacks is the ability to add bash to animation canceling for more damage. Otherwise ranged attacks hit for more and are, well, ranged. Stealthed attacks hit for much more and are, well, invisible.
    You don't get to have everything.
    You don't get to have all of the variables, all the counters.

Unfortunately this is not true in the current pvp meta.
    A component of the fight is supposed to be decision making and actively assessing.

Exactly. Thus the addon.
    That doesn't mean you have to rely on stealth, or not be able to counter it. But you have to be able to play against it. Stealth is a tool, you use it for situations, just like any other tool. As an example.. if you don't want to use stealth for stealth situations, you have to understand the consequences of what that will be based on the game environment. You can die, or you can play in opposition to it.

If it's a tool, a choice, a part of a larger scheme of variable gameplay is HAS to have drawbacks. Otherwise (as it is now) it will be THE playstyle, thus greatly diminishing the amount of options for the players.
    You don't need to prove that balance exists.
    Balance inherently does exist, it manifests as all the math and elements of the game. If you want proof though, look at the dozens of patch manifests with sections dedicated to character changes. The problem is, sometimes you have polarized balance where players are unkillable or players instantly kill you without counterplay, as well as a poor distribution of playing capacity from class to class based on uneven advantages inherent to class skills.

Fully agree. Nothing to argue here.
    But when you as a player effectively render certain mechanics ineffective through intangible, third party means, it entirely redistributed the combat system in favour of certain styles of fighting which eliminate the need to play counter to certain builds, and gives specific classes and players an unfair mathematical advantage.

This is exactly what i DIDN'T do. The notifications the addon provides allowed (and, to a much smaller extent, still allow) to tone down onesided fotm playstyle and, therefore, opened an opportunity for higher variety in playstyles, which i greatly enjoy.
    In general though, I think the most significant point is that removing styles of play by rendering them completely effectively deminishes the overall diversity of play styles in the game.

Fully agree here. Thus the addon:)
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »
    Seeing hp values barely affects combat but I suppose maybe that should go too... although to imply that the two advantages are practically the same is either ignorant or dishonest imho.

I do agree here. Hp numbers are MUCH more important to know.
    How is this not cheating, and is this considered a TOS violation?

It can't be TOS violation since the addons can only use information ZOS decided to provide to them.
    Could someone look into this?

They already did.
    It seems like this third party software plays a crucial part of the game for you.

Notifications cannot press your buttons and thus can't play the game for you.
    Cheating? Exploit? If It isn't I guess I'll download it too lol.

Please enjoy:)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is still a lot of confusion as to what the addon use to do and what it can do now after the API changes were made . Some people still think it detects stealthed players . Some think by running this addon you can't be ganked . There is a old thread ZoS made explaining the API changes since Miat's first version of this addon . I can't seem to find it but I'm still looking .

Edit: still looking nevermind
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 11, 2017 6:44AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's what the addon does:

Any projectile thrown at Miat results in one button press and an instant dodge roll.

It doesn't matter whether the projectile is in front of him, way behind him, or up above where he can't see. The addon gives him warning, and he handles it.

Players that can never be surprised by projectile attacks is complete BS, and @ZOS_ChipHilseberg needs to remove it. Period. No projectile notifications in PVP. Fix your DAMN API already.
    Edited by Minalan on April 11, 2017 7:05AM
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing hp values barely affects combat but I suppose maybe that should go too... although to imply that the two advantages are practically the same is either ignorant or dishonest imho.

It can't be TOS violation since the addons can only use information ZOS decided to provide to them.

They already did.
    It seems like this third party software plays a crucial part of the game for you.

Oh wow lol you really are just a troll... hp numbers More important than being notified of incoming attacks rofl. Fine, ditch that too but this is absurd.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already did.

Oh wow lol you really are just a troll... hp numbers More important than being notified of incoming attacks rofl. Fine, ditch that too but this is absurd.

This guy not only wants to serve the players crap, he also wants you to enjoy it and thank him for eating it afterwards. But these guys with their superlegit explanaitons to exactly WHY their HACK is not cheating, have been around since day one of UO. Now can I apply the same logic to WHY I should be able to FLY and attack players from above, WHILE STEALTHED? Yes I can and it would be just as legit.