The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mulling over getting into the Addon game - what would you like to see?

parkham
parkham
✭✭✭
I'm mulling over the possibility of writing an (possible several) addon. The question is: What is needed that hasn't already been made? Or: What is a great idea and is an addon that could be loads better?

If there are many responses and I see in those many responses an area that might need some love - I might just write an addon.

Let me know!

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
- Divine Crusade Guild
- Greybeards & Gals Guild
- Dead Citizens Guild
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you're taking requests...

I would like an addon that gives customizable options for the overhead indicator for pets. Currently they are just small white diamonds, easy to miss, especially in a mess of group members with very similar overhead indicators. So getting some options to change the size, color, and shape of the indicator a would be awesome.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about updating some of the popular addons that are out of date? That would be good practice.

I am sure you have a bunch in your current mix, I am at work so I can't list mine, but about 1/2 are out of date.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Send them at your leisure. Popular doesn't always mean useful though, right? :wink:

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quest log for completed quests! :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Insane I think there's loads of them already. CaptainBlagbird wrote some addons and they look pretty dang good already. Check'em out on the esoui site!

Quest Log Popular! 1.2 Data Mods 1,024 04/23/15 09:40 AM
    Quest Map Updated this week! Popular! 1.9.1 Map, Coords, Compasses 256,000 Yesterday 01:09 PM
    Quest Map Log Updated this week! Popular! 1.1.6 Plug-Ins & Patches 2,375 Yesterday 01:12 PM
    Quest Map Scout Updated this week! Popular! 1.0.6 Plug-Ins & Patches 5,596 Yesterday 01:13 PM

But maybe something could be done.... better?
    Edited by parkham on April 3, 2017 5:05PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild-event planner, but in a sheet form. It is better if it is interactive (the player can sign up), but it is good if only the guildmaster can modify it, but all members can see it, if they have the addon installed. Or maybe it could be integrated to the guild panel ("G").
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Addon for housing:
    An addon that tell you when someone visit your residence (while you are there or not depending on what is possible, maybe even while offline).
    An Addon that allow you to visit primary residence of specified friend or guild master i.e. guild house.
    an addon that either list or remember who has the friking armor master attunable craft station to use.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love an addon that show the cooldowns on individual synergies. Something like this but shows how much time is left before you can use a specific type of synergy again. This would make it much easier for tanks to keep alkosh up if we know when we can do each synergy.

Kinda like, you use a shard and it creates an icon or bar showing the timer for when you can next use a shard, and it would create an additional bar if you used overload from liquid lightning for example showing them separate. There is a 20s cooldown on synergies but if you could call for a shard or a necrotic orb a second or two in advance you could get a really high up time on alkosh.

Thank you in advance if you decide to do this idea.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Could be done with a buff timer addon pretty easily, you would just need the relevant ability ids. Then create a fake buff or bar or whatnot with a 20 sec duration relevant to that synergy. I was kind of thinking about doing it for LUI down the line if theres interest in it.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading about that. Since I'm a terrible player, I previously did not know about the 20 second timer on synergy - I'm learning how to play the game while I code - awesome.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    I was reading about that. Since I'm a terrible player, I previously did not know about the 20 second timer on synergy - I'm learning how to play the game while I code - awesome.

yea, so if you pick up a Shard you can't do it again for another 20s but you can use other synergies provided they are not on cooldown either.

If you go into the help section in the game and then into tutorials there is a section named Synergies that list every synergy in the game.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    I always seem to miss when the respec costs go down. Is it possible to know this without going to the capital shrine (or someone telling me)?

Oh, and I also 2nd the option to update a couple of the OOD ones.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot Add-On with parameters to select or deselect which UI elements to hide. Options to save to PNG or JPG format.

Examples:
    • Hide all UI elements (e.g. Wallpapers)
    • Hide all except Nameplates and Group indicator (Guild or group events)
    • Retain Map or Clock/Time Add-Ons (Show location or time)
    • Hide or Display FPS, etc. (Document Performance)
    • Other flags you'd use
    2vmbi35.jpg

All of the earlier screenshot tools (such as the extremely useful Photographer by DarkRetailer) are marked Out-of-Date in the Launcher Add-Ons interface.

TIA! I'd be happy to Beta Test for you.

@AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is needed that hasn't already been made?
    An AddOn that instantly crashes everyone running "Miat's PVP alerts" whenever they come within range ...
    w00t.gif
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love an addon that tracks material extraction rates from refinement, similar to the addon that tracks perfect roe rates from filleting fish. A % listing gold, purple, blue and green upgrade mats would be amazing.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I'm checking the "Agrees" and whatnot - so agree if you like what someone has posted and I'll consider that the priority.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an addon that tracks material extraction rates from refinement, similar to the addon that tracks perfect roe rates from filleting fish. A % listing gold, purple, blue and green upgrade mats would be amazing.

@redspecter23

I'm pretty certain this will be really easy to do. I'll check first to see if it's already been done - if not, I'll do this one as a good "first primer".
    Edited by parkham on April 4, 2017 1:48PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an addon yet that tells me if I can do a certain master writ? AKA - do I know the motif page, number of traits etc. Something as simple as a grey checkmark for no and green checkmark for GO MAKE IT.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

I don't do master writs, I just sell them when I get them. I'll put it on the list of things to look at.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

I don't do master writs, I just sell them when I get them. I'll put it on the list of things to look at.

Oooh, that made me think of something else. If it could tie into the store interface... people could see what master writs to buy because they know which ones they are able to do. Better sales for you! ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to find an addon that shows boss locations in group dungeons (I have one that shows delves and public dungeons). I installed the Sun Tzu - Boss Strats and Dungeon help, but it doesn't seem to work.

Also, the addon I have that shows the bosses in delves and public dungeons, does not work in Craglorn, unfortunately. Would be nice to know the locations there too. :)

If I think of anymore I will come back and let you know. I am sure there are plenty things I will think of as I'm playing later on today, haha.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @kissesandbunnies Which addon do you have that shows bosses with the exception of Craglorn

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    @kissesandbunnies Which addon do you have that shows bosses with the exception of Craglorn

Destinations is what I use. :)
    PC/NA

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon called Faster Travel (Wayshrines menu & Teleporter), that is no longer being updated. It gives a bunch of errors after the Homestead update. It would be great if you could take it over.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    There are addons that will change out your equipment and skill bar with a press of the button. What I would like is one that does the same for the quickslot bar. I have different needs depending on whether I''m doing PvP, PvE, Rp, or other and being able to do a quick change of what's on the quickslots, would really be nice.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikeB/Meatwad's Group Reformer was a fantastic addon before he quit. I'd love to see an equivalent (or the original updated).

Functionality:
    • If all group members have it, one button disband/reform to reset instances you are farming
    • If just the group leader has it, one button to disband and resend invites to group to reset an instance
    • Individual settings to automatically accept group invites from guildies/friendslist/individuals--primarily useful when groups are bugging or in cyrodiil.
    • Probably other things, but that's what I remember
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Is there an addon yet that tells me if I can do a certain master writ? AKA - do I know the motif page, number of traits etc. Something as simple as a grey checkmark for no and green checkmark for GO MAKE IT.

Yup, WritWorthy does that. If you can't do a writ it shows in red what you're missing (motif, number of researched traits). You can see that part in the second screenshot.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1605-WritWorthy.html
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MikeB/Meatwad's Group Reformer was a fantastic addon before he quit. I'd love to see an equivalent (or the original updated).

Functionality:
    • If all group members have it, one button disband/reform to reset instances you are farming
    • If just the group leader has it, one button to disband and resend invites to group to reset an instance
    • Individual settings to automatically accept group invites from guildies/friendslist/individuals--primarily useful when groups are bugging or in cyrodiil.
    • Probably other things, but that's what I remember

Group reformers aren't necessary anymore thou. You leave the instance as the group leader and change it from vet to normal and back again, or vise versa if you are doing normals, and it resets the instance without having to reform the group. Though I guess it would be nice for when dungeons bug out and things. But most things can be fixed by reset'ing in the way I described.
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    There is an addon called Faster Travel (Wayshrines menu & Teleporter), that is no longer being updated. It gives a bunch of errors after the Homestead update. It would be great if you could take it over.

Check out Goto. It works for me perfectly. It's a must have for free fast travel, lol!
    PC/NA

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Screenshot Add-On with parameters to select or deselect which UI elements to hide. Options to save to PNG or JPG format.

Examples:
    • Hide all UI elements (e.g. Wallpapers)
    • Hide all except Nameplates and Group indicator (Guild or group events)
    • Retain Map or Clock/Time Add-Ons (Show location or time)
    • Hide or Display FPS, etc. (Document Performance)
    • Other flags you'd use
    2vmbi35.jpg

All of the earlier screenshot tools (such as the extremely useful Photographer by DarkRetailer) are marked Out-of-Date in the Launcher Add-Ons interface.

TIA! I'd be happy to Beta Test for you.

Even though Photographer is out-of-date, it still works great! Don't know what you people have against out-of-date addons. As long as ZOS doesn't touch the API functions that the addon uses, they are fine.