The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mulling over getting into the Addon game - what would you like to see?

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    There is an addon called Faster Travel (Wayshrines menu & Teleporter), that is no longer being updated. It gives a bunch of errors after the Homestead update. It would be great if you could take it over.

Check out Goto. It works for me perfectly. It's a must have for free fast travel, lol!
    Goto only takes you players, Faster Travel also remembers all the Wayshrines that you have found so you do not have to look for them on each map.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    [

Even though Photographer is out-of-date, it still works great! Don't know what you people have against out-of-date addons. As long as ZOS doesn't touch the API functions that the addon uses, they are fine.

@s7732425ub17_ESO @Auldjohn

So... it's working just fine, but only slated as out of date? If that's the case, then it's easy just to "update" it.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    There are addons that will change out your equipment and skill bar with a press of the button. What I would like is one that does the same for the quickslot bar. I have different needs depending on whether I''m doing PvP, PvE, Rp, or other and being able to do a quick change of what's on the quickslots, would really be nice.

So, just to be clear, you want something like DressingRoom but for quickslots?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Well if you're taking requests...

I would like an addon that gives customizable options for the overhead indicator for pets. Currently they are just small white diamonds, easy to miss, especially in a mess of group members with very similar overhead indicators. So getting some options to change the size, color, and shape of the indicator a would be awesome.

From what I've read into the API and also asked some people who've already been doing addons for a while - you can't change the overhead indicator for pets - sorry.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @SirCritical
    A guild-event planner, but in a sheet form. It is better if it is interactive (the player can sign up), but it is good if only the guildmaster can modify it, but all members can see it, if they have the addon installed. Or maybe it could be integrated to the guild panel ("G").

I'll look into it!
    Edited by parkham on April 6, 2017 12:38PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like noted before Faster Travel needs some work. It does work, but it still gives out some errors every once in awhile.
    Since no one has come forward to update it. hint, hint
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    @Insane I think there's loads of them already. CaptainBlagbird wrote some addons and they look pretty dang good already. Check'em out on the esoui site!

Quest Log Popular! 1.2 Data Mods 1,024 04/23/15 09:40 AM
    Quest Map Updated this week! Popular! 1.9.1 Map, Coords, Compasses 256,000 Yesterday 01:09 PM
    Quest Map Log Updated this week! Popular! 1.1.6 Plug-Ins & Patches 2,375 Yesterday 01:12 PM
    Quest Map Scout Updated this week! Popular! 1.0.6 Plug-Ins & Patches 5,596 Yesterday 01:13 PM

But maybe something could be done.... better?

Sorry for the late reply, missed your ping (it's lowercase L :smile:)
    I hadn't heard of those yet, will check them out. Thanks!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alsuran wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Is there an addon yet that tells me if I can do a certain master writ? AKA - do I know the motif page, number of traits etc. Something as simple as a grey checkmark for no and green checkmark for GO MAKE IT.

Yup, WritWorthy does that. If you can't do a writ it shows in red what you're missing (motif, number of researched traits). You can see that part in the second screenshot.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1605-WritWorthy.html

Thank you @alsuran I had looked through ESOui but hadn't found that one. It's perfect!

There are addons that will change out your equipment and skill bar with a press of the button. What I would like is one that does the same for the quickslot bar. I have different needs depending on whether I''m doing PvP, PvE, Rp, or other and being able to do a quick change of what's on the quickslots, would really be nice.

That would be very handy. For me I switch out to a bunch of collectibles with just a junk health potions when out questing, or my full slew of crafted pots for VMA, adding invis pots when going to do heists etc.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Like noted before Faster Travel needs some work. It does work, but it still gives out some errors every once in awhile.

@hagermanj Send me the error messages you receive. That would be a faster way to start. If something that's easy, maybe I can patch it quick.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    There is an addon called Faster Travel (Wayshrines menu & Teleporter), that is no longer being updated. It gives a bunch of errors after the Homestead update. It would be great if you could take it over.

Check out Goto. It works for me perfectly. It's a must have for free fast travel, lol!
    Goto only takes you players, Faster Travel also remembers all the Wayshrines that you have found so you do not have to look for them on each map.

Ah, I see. So if you have discovered all wayshrines, your list would be huge, yea? Or maybe it only shows per zone. I did test this one out first, before Goto, but it didn't work correctly at the time. It's been awhile since I used it, I assume when you click on the wayshrine from Goto, all it does is show you the wayshrine on the map? Then you still have to pay? I wish there wasn't a cooldown timer on wayshrines. *sigh*
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love an addon that lists all of the furniture blueprints in the game and tells you whether or not you know them. The current released addons that supposedly do this are really bad and don't work well (if at all).
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭

Yep, exactly.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    mateoz wrote: »
    Addon for housing:
    An addon that tell you when someone visit your residence (while you are there or not depending on what is possible, maybe even while offline).
    An Addon that allow you to visit primary residence of specified friend or guild master i.e. guild house.
    an addon that either list or remember who has the friking armor master attunable craft station to use.

There are a few for visiting houses. On mobile, so can't grab links right now. Check out esoui.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Screenshot Add-On with parameters to select or deselect which UI elements to hide. Options to save to PNG or JPG format.

Examples:
    • Hide all UI elements (e.g. Wallpapers)
    • Hide all except Nameplates and Group indicator (Guild or group events)
    • Retain Map or Clock/Time Add-Ons (Show location or time)
    • Hide or Display FPS, etc. (Document Performance)
    • Other flags you'd use
    2vmbi35.jpg

All of the earlier screenshot tools (such as the extremely useful Photographer by DarkRetailer) are marked Out-of-Date in the Launcher Add-Ons interface.

TIA! I'd be happy to Beta Test for you.

@parkham I'm currently testing an update for photographer, Fyi ☺️
    Edited by calia1120 on April 7, 2017 2:50AM
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hagermanj Send me the error messages you receive. That would be a faster way to start. If something that's easy, maybe I can patch it quick.

This is one of error messages I receive: The first time it happened was at a crafting station, now it it popping up randomly ( when using the map or just walking in the world ):

bad argument #4 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'string.format'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:154: in function 'zo_iconFormat'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:162: in function 'zo_iconTextFormat'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/QuestTracker.lua:131: in function 'setAssisted'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/QuestTracker.lua:134: in function 'AddQuest'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/QuestTracker.lua:333: in function 'func'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/QuestTracker.lua:229: in function 'UpdateLookups'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/QuestTracker.lua:337: in function 'callback'
    user:/AddOns/FasterTravel/Quest.lua:72: in function 'OnQuestPositionRequestComplete'

I will add more posts as the errors happen.
    Thanks in advance for your help with this GREAT add-on.
    Edited by Easily_Lost on April 7, 2017 11:09AM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an addon that saves ALL your variables for every addon you have and then you can apply it to every char you have, so everything is / looks the same.... Instead of doing individually for most of the addons you have.

• ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    How about an addon that saves ALL your variables for every addon you have and then you can apply it to every char you have, so everything is / looks the same.... Instead of doing individually for most of the addons you have.

I believe that Joviex's Addon Settings Transfer can accomplish what you are looking to achieve?
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an addon that tracks material extraction rates from refinement, similar to the addon that tracks perfect roe rates from filleting fish. A % listing gold, purple, blue and green upgrade mats would be amazing.

I'm still watching the thread. Learning about other addons here as well.

For starters, I'm going to look into @redspecter23 's suggestion. If things go well and I have more time, I'll look at some of the other suggestions here!

Keep them coming, post new suggestions or agree with what's already been requested! Thanks.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mulling over the possibility of writing an (possible several) addon. The question is: What is needed that hasn't already been made? Or: What is a great idea and is an addon that could be loads better?

If there are many responses and I see in those many responses an area that might need some love - I might just write an addon.

Let me know!

There is an addon called Khrill|r Hero In Disguise . It is a great addon. It would be much better if you could add an appearance tab to it. One with facial hair, hair styles, etc.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!