Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Anniversary Event Question

• MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished my six crafting writs, handed them in in Craglorn, and every one of them granted me a box, but they're nowhere in my inventory or anywhere else I can see.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeterRJG wrote: »
    I just finished my six crafting writs, handed them in in Craglorn, and every one of them granted me a box, but they're nowhere in my inventory or anywhere else I can see.

The event still hasn't started, 10am EDT is in about 2 hours.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

gotta wait for 10 am EDT...event is not yet live
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »

The event still hasn't started, 10am EDT is in about 2 hours.

Yes, don't do any dailies until event will officially start and NPC will show up.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird that it said we got them though...
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they're there, just invisible until the event goes live and they'll show up?!
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so, otherwise I waisted 8 quests :(
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would a weekly quest be? I'm familiar with the dailies, but can't think of any "weeklies"?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    What would a weekly quest be? I'm familiar with the dailies, but can't think of any "weeklies"?

@gp1680 Trials. You get a little box once per week from each trial.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daily - One DAY. Once per DAY.

Weekly - One WEEK. ONCE per WEEK.

Now cry me some salt.
    Edited by PieMaster1 on April 4, 2017 2:01PM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    gp1680 wrote: »

@gp1680 Trials. You get a little box once per week from each trial.

Thanks MissBizz!
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone needing the ingredients for the cake, the one is VG has crates and stuff right by the guy with the stuff in it and it's not even listed as stealing ;)
  • JeremyStone
    JeremyStone
    Soul Shriven
    ESO News wrote:
    [Anniversary Gift Boxes] are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more.
    *open a box*
    20 cornflowers
    10 Lorkhan tears
    :/
    The cake announcement is a lie §§§
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO News wrote:
    [Anniversary Gift Boxes] are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more.
    *open a box*
    20 cornflowers
    10 Lorkhan tears

I got 20 bananas and 20 bugloss *sad trombone* :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO News wrote:
    *open a box*
    20 cornflowers
    10 Lorkhan tears
    Hmm, maybe that just comes under 'or more' :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got tons of motifs, but hardly anything else 2 Ancient orc helms, 2 akaviri motifs, 3 yokudans, and more
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!"

I opened one, ninrnroot and alkahest.....how are those rare? I got the crafting materials but not the "guaranteed" rare item. Might wanna look into that. Too many of the boxes have only contained basic crafting materials
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah same here one box only had 5 repora for me, 1 item not 2
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

✭✭✭
    These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!"

The above statement is a bunch of crock. I have opened six Anniversary Containers and not one of them had a rare item in them. As usual ZOS is full of bull and this event is just another example of their rinse and repeat game play crap. Did not even see an increase in xp gain after eating the cake either. Summary........................Big Waste of Time
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »

I opened one, ninrnroot and alkahest.....how are those rare? I got the crafting materials but not the "guaranteed" rare item. Might wanna look into that. Too many of the boxes have only contained basic crafting materials

@gangyzgirl Nirnroot. Not sure what you're on but they go for a pretty penny on NA PC. 3 of them are needed per writ for all but one of the highest tier alchemy writs... so anyone who does writs a lot.. will always run out.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the repeatable werewolf quest doesnt give it... :( but its indefinite..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    Well the repeatable werewolf quest doesnt give it... :( but its indefinite..

That quest is bugged. It's not supposed to be repeatable.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wondered ;P
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Any daily or weekly quest will get you an Anniversary Gift Box. Infinitely repeatable quests are not included. For example, Writs are daily so you can do those to get a Gift Box. Master Writs are infinite, so they don't count in this case.
    So quests that don't count would include:
    • Thieves Guild Tib Board Jobs
    • Dark Brotherhood Marked for Death Contracts
    • Master Writs
    • Alliance War Missions (or maybe these aren't infinitely repeatable...)

Thieve's Guild Tip Board quests DO count, I did one yesterday and got an Anniversary Gift Box.

EDIT: Mmmmm, was it a Tip Board Quest I did, or was it an Item Recovery Quest from Spencer Rye? Can't me sure, I was mildly intoxicated, so ignore the above comment for now.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on April 5, 2017 8:13AM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Hexkitty
    Hexkitty
    ✭✭✭
    Website says:
    "In addition to the above, all daily and weekly quests completed during the anniversary event will grant you an Anniversary Gift Box (along with their regular rewards). These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!"

What EXACTLY constitutes daily and weekly quests?

The boxes DO NOT well at least mine do not contain a rare item !!! Garlic and Nemas rot is not bloody rare, i am so angry about this on my account at the moment everyone of my friends are getting goodies but not me
    So for me its another pile of poop festival :(
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hexkitty wrote: »
    Website says:
    "In addition to the above, all daily and weekly quests completed during the anniversary event will grant you an Anniversary Gift Box (along with their regular rewards). These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!"

What EXACTLY constitutes daily and weekly quests?

The boxes DO NOT well at least mine do not contain a rare item !!! Garlic and Nemas rot is not bloody rare, i am so angry about this on my account at the moment everyone of my friends are getting goodies but not me
    So for me its another pile of poop festival :(

Some Craft Ingredients, especially Furnishing Materials, do count as "rare" apparently.

ZOS really need an official list of what constitutes "rare" and the reasons for it doing so.

It seems to me they are just calling any old rubbish "rare" so they don't actually have to give away anything worthwhile.

Given the Colour Scale for gear and other drops in game I would consider ONLY Purple and Gold items as Rare. Furnishing Mats, as white, are most definitely NOT rare.

Just done my 6 Daily Craft Writs: got 1 Green Item (1x Columbine), and 1 Blue Item (Design: Wood Elf Vessel, Tiered Painted). Everything else was some iteration of 4 or 5 WHITE Craft Materials.

@ZOS_GinaBruno This is taking the mickey. Don't tell us you are giving us RARE items and then fob us off with nothing but a ,oad of WHITE Craft Mats that many of us already have 500+ of.

We need an Official Definition of "Rare", a clear explanation of how that is indicated to us in-game (using the Loot Colour System) and we need ZOS to be honest enough to stick to it,

#WhiteMatsAren'tRare

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on April 5, 2017 8:27AM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    gangyzgirl wrote: »

@gangyzgirl Nirnroot. Not sure what you're on but they go for a pretty penny on NA PC. 3 of them are needed per writ for all but one of the highest tier alchemy writs... so anyone who does writs a lot.. will always run out.

So that means they are "in demand".

In demand does NOT equal "rare".

All The Best
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieve's Guild Tip Board quests DO count, I did one yesterday and got an Anniversary Gift Box.

EDIT: Mmmmm, was it a Tip Board Quest I did, or was it an Item Recovery Quest from Spencer Rye? Can't me sure, I was mildly intoxicated, so ignore the above comment for now.

That's the same. And for the first time in over a year that quest is actually worthwhile doing it ;-)
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Cyrodiil, do the town quests .. Bruma, Cropsford, Vlastarus etc. .. there's 10 quests in each town.

You can only do the quests once, & they count toward the overall quests achievement, Tamriel Hero .. but you will receive 1 Anniversary Gift Box per quest, or if you like, 10 per town (takes less than an hour per town), & there's 5 towns, so 50 Anniversary Gift Boxes in total .. plus you will receive 1 standard Cyrodiil reward box per quest too, which will contain a piece of gear (neckless, ring, weapon, armour etc.)

Be warned though, you're in a PvP zone, & people from each alliance are trying to do the same quests .. so unless you've messaged those people to seek a truce while you quest, you will have to be prepared for a fight .. & maybe worse, another long horse ride if you die, lol

.. & to add, Cyrodiil has dailies too, at one of the home gates of each alliance .. but I just do the 5 kill quests ('kill 20 nightblades', 'kill 20 enemy players' etc.) .. so there's more Anniversary Gift Boxes. ;)
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA