Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Anniversary Event Question

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Website says:
"In addition to the above, all daily and weekly quests completed during the anniversary event will grant you an Anniversary Gift Box (along with their regular rewards). These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!"

What EXACTLY constitutes daily and weekly quests?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just about to ask this. I was wondering if this included your writs each day as well?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an official article from this month that answers the question in some detail.

Edit: oops, just pseudo-official
    Edited by casparian on April 3, 2017 4:08PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    Any daily quest is ANY QUEST (an activity that requires you to accept it from somewhere, have a mission/activity to complete, and a turn in) that can be completed ONLY ONCE per day. Ex: The daily thieves guild heist or a crafting writ.

Any weekly quest follows the same suit as the dailies. ONLY ONCE per week.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Repeatable_Quests

Most of those if not all should work.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    There is an official article from this month that answers the question in some detail.

The Tamriel Foundry folks are awesome, but just FYI this is not an official article. Looks to be written by Dominoid, likely from when the event was on PTS - so as long as nothing changed it should be the same.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »

The Tamriel Foundry folks are awesome, but just FYI this is not an official article. Looks to be written by Dominoid, likely from when the event was on PTS - so as long as nothing changed it should be the same.
    Then it looks like there's going to be a lot of assassinations done by me... ;)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short any repeatable quest (the repeatable marker) who can nor be run multiple times a day on the same character.
    The thief guild pickpocket or strong box missions is not daily.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Any daily or weekly quest will get you an Anniversary Gift Box. Infinitely repeatable quests are not included. For example, Writs are daily so you can do those to get a Gift Box. Master Writs are infinite, so they don't count in this case.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot even find the chef. Is he supposed to be in the same place than the Jester quest giver was?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkuronen wrote: »
    I cannot even find the chef. Is he supposed to be in the same place than the Jester quest giver was?

@pkuronen Last year he was on the docks in Auridon.

Also, the anniversary event doesn't start until tomorrow ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    pkuronen wrote: »

@pkuronen Last year he was on the docks in Auridon.

Also, the anniversary event doesn't start until tomorrow ;)

Thanks for the time update :D
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the book by Skordo the Knife near the Chef. He wrote a book about the daily quests in Tamriel. Any of those should be fine I believe!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any daily or weekly quest will get you an Anniversary Gift Box. Infinitely repeatable quests are not included. For example, Writs are daily so you can do those to get a Gift Box. Master Writs are infinite, so they don't count in this case.

Well, that sucks.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main

PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess my crafting alts will get to see the sun again. Poor guys been stuck in that room at the inn without a stick of furniture.

I guess I'll finally have to splurge on a candle at least.
    Edited by SpAEkus on April 3, 2017 4:17PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Mules will get some exercise again doing low level crafting writs.

Nice we are getting more double Exp. Went from 740 something CPs to almost 760 without trying too hard during this last event.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, that sucks.

People will complain about anything, geeze.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that sucks.

People will complain about anything, geeze.

Yes, yes we will.

PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Cersela
    Cersela
    Thank you for asking, I was hoping for clarification too.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So quests that don't count would include:
    • Thieves Guild Tib Board Jobs
    • Dark Brotherhood Marked for Death Contracts
    • Master Writs
    • Alliance War Missions (or maybe these aren't infinitely repeatable...)
    Edited by Enodoc on April 3, 2017 5:57PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Master Writs
    • Alliance War Missions

@Enodoc

The "kill enemy [Class]/Players" quests are not infinitely repeatable, you can only get one of each type every day. The others... I am honestly not sure, as I've never captured every keep on the map in a single day nor had someone try to share a keep capture quest I just turned in. So it's not totally hopeless for the PvP crowd, just possibly mostly.
    Edited by Recremen on April 3, 2017 5:52PM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Master Writs
    • Alliance War Missions
    @Enodoc
    The "kill enemy [Class]/Players" quests are not infinitely repeatable, you can only get one of each type every day. The others... I am honestly not sure, as I've never captured every keep on the map in a single day nor had someone try to share a keep capture quest I just turned in. So it's not totally hopeless for the PvP crowd, just possibly mostly.
    Ah okay, I had thought that since you could keep accepting them that they just went on forever, but if each one counts as a separate daily then that may work.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭

Say, do grinstones and stahlrim shards, or even the grim harlequin and frostcaster motifs count as obtainable through these boxes? It'd sure be neat if we could finally get grinstones and stahlrim without needing to just deconstruct crafted pieces!
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for adding a note to the article about the quest available in the Crown Store. As a new player, I didn't know about that option for the Jester's festival and I like to do all possible quests.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turned in 6 writs, said I got the box in all of them but nothing in my inventory. PS4 EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has seen other reports of boxes being rewarded but not received.

This is probably because the anniversary event has not actually started yet.

So hold off handing in any of the relevant quests for the time being perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just turned in 6 writs, said I got the box in all of them but nothing in my inventory. PS4 EU

It's not 10am EDT yet. You might of just blew your chances of getting the gift boxes today on that toon.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we have last year's cake do we have to go and get this year's cake ?
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This years cake is a "Double Layer" Cake.

I think you gotta get it!
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoidBlue wrote: »

It's not 10am EDT yet. You might of just blew your chances of getting the gift boxes today on that toon.

Ah well, tomorrow!
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed a DB Sacrament daily and saw an Anniversary Gift Box listed as reward when I completed it but I didn't actually get the box :)