The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Once again.... disgusted.

• Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »
    L2p. There are a lot of Stam characters who are doing just fine.

^^^^

While I see less stamina, I see stamina breaching 50k easily in trials. 55k+

We all have room for improvement. Improving the smoothness of our rotation, tweaking our rotation and maybe reviewing our gear are what every strong player does consistently. Also, asking for help from a skill player in our guilds goes a long way.

While this post has some truth to it, there are many points to argue. I know a fair amount of guys that can breach 50 on a trials boss, pending on the mechanics and how many adds there are. Those exact same guys, who have been playing stamina for 3 years and have the best gear possible... They can all throw on bsw infal/moon grothdar/illambris purpled with half divines and pull better dps on mag toons that they never play. Along with being ranged with 15k bubbles at the click of a button... Something doesn't seem right there... As far as AOE dmg goes, stamina does just over half of what mag pulls. These are all well known facts among the raiding community. Oddest thing is that stamina was extinct from score runs at the end of last year... Not sure why zos nerfed stam further into the ground. Actually I do know, but its a long story, and the reasoning is brutal and shows how much zos really does not play their own game much. I have spoken to many people that went to zos HQ a few weeks ago, and all of the top end pve guys did infact clearly express how extinct stamina is currently. So I guess we will see what happens.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get a laugh out of this post. If you said stam for pve is good but not as good as magic then I would agree. If you said stam is not good for a pvp... it's the meta.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I did get a laugh out of this post. If you said stam for pve is good but not as good as magic then I would agree. If you said stam is not good for a pvp... it's the meta.

hahahahaha, and everyone else thought having 2 or 3 people hitting destro ult at the same time while running into a 40 man zerg wiping 90% of them in seconds was meta... glad u showed them!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever played magicka, but my friends in game that play both all say that stam is so much easier. I don't know who to believe any more.

I play both stamina and magicka (all but stinky templars). From what I saw, stamina has easier rotations in most cases in PvE (sNB vs mNB, sDK vs mDK etc.) and magicka is atm way more superior both in PvP and PvE. Homestead nerfs made magicka rise over stamina even in single target dps, making stamina pretty much useless, in hands of a mid tier player. To make it work to some point, you need BIS gear and nearly perfect rotation, while you get similar or bettter results with magicka versions of classes even in non BIS gear and somewhat scrub play. This might be related to sets to some point, since BSW is very strong even in hands of average player.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Wait... What? So because stamina isn't overpowering things as it previously has been for the past few months, stamina is now dying off and or dead? What? I'm confused. Let me go through a list of things that stamina has going for it:
    - Easy to obtain high weapon damage and high weapon crit.
    - Easier to master (in my opinion).
    - Pulls higher numbers than magicka-builds (although this can vary).
    - Has Vicious Serpent.
    - Has Twice-Fanged Snake.
    - Doesn't require Maelstrom Weapons to be sharpened to be effective, as magicka it does.
    - Is still king of PvP, and by its very nature should outperform magicka builds on the battlefield.
    - Has 2 forms of generic heals that are absolutely incredible.
    - Has the Fighter's Guild essentially built based on stamina, and has way better benefits than the Mage's Guild.
    - Etc.

I legitimately don't see the problem. I've used stamina builds in every trial, and have bested every trial. And from a PvP perspective, I find going the stamina route will usually yield more success than magicka. Please enlighten me to what the issue is, OP.

King of PvP? Please, this is just utter bs. If stamina is so great, why is nearly everyone in PvP running mDK/mSorc/mNB/mTemp atm? Just look at your recaps and kills, nearly everyone is magicka something.

I play as mDK and a bit less as sDK, and my mDK Nord is way more better and can survive big clashes in the first rows on the battlefield. sDK is more small scale oriented and pretty much forced into semi ganker (!) atm.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is usless, easy all play magicka. Problem solved.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #OnlyHodorScrubStillRetardedEnoughToPlayStaminaInc

In some (very specific) cases, stamina still has its niche in 12-men trials, albeit to a very limited extent. If you have to bring a stamina DD, I don't see any point bringing anything else than a stamina DK, and if you actually do it, you'd better be bringing the AAA+ game. Stamina sorc has less or similar stDPS than melee mag DDs, and while it has superior cleave when compared to its stamina counterparts, it has less than magicka.

I want to remain polite, so let's not talk about stam NB and stamplar.

So, the only reason to play stamina is a tiny bit more single target DPS, and only if you play stamina DK.

On a side note, I want someone to tell me that stamina is easier to master with a straight face after watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZVKcUvHSM

(hint: no, it's not. The easy rotations you are fed with are exactly that - easy, unoptimized, for most people, but you aren't even close to mastering stamina).
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

lololololololololololol

DestroUltiRoflStomp
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you missed the stamina overlords era. It's the way things go here. Stamina is strong ---> stamina gets nerfed ----> magicka is strong ----> magicka gets nerfed ----> stamina is strong

And the cycle goes on forever.
    Edited by strikeback1247 on March 27, 2017 11:56AM
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Where were all the "nerf mag, buff stam" threads a couple months back? Stam was far superior for months, if not longer, until Homestead. A month in and now all the QQ'ing starts.

Uhhhhh stam has been trash for 95% of this games existence... There were 2 patches that stamina outperformed mag as dps in competitive endgame trials. Did you not pay attention to the leaderboards in October? As soon as vma weapons got nerfed stamina went out the window. It actually got to the point where most teams would not allow stamina dps in score runs, can't blame them either. DSA and vMA on the other hand... Stamina still had that going until the homestead patch.

Throughout 2015 and early 2016, people were complaining about how ESO had become "Elder Stamina Online" and how poorly Magicka builds were in comparison. So finally Magicka received some much needed buffs from mid-2016 on, and now people are complaining how Stamina performs so poorly in comparison. This is the nature of MMOs, every one I've played has always been a pendulum of buffs and nerfs... I don't know of any MMOs that actually has any complete equality between their classes/builds.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_earl_of_lemongrab_by_darthguyford-d5r9gts.jpg

Somehow my stamsorc outdpses my mag dps go figure.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please set aside the trials leaderboard as an example of what works and what doesn't? 99.99% of players will never get there, so it's pretty irrelevant to most players.

Also, from about August till January stam sorcs DOMINATED Cyrodiil. All they had to do was push their hurricane button, proc Velindreth (or similar) and then spam a 2 handed ability while occasionally mixing in a vigor. They would basically win by standing next to you. But now that hurricane has been nerfed a bit it's become a fair fight. It's clear that many people just don't like a fair fight.

This entire game is about casting abilities that work while you can cast other abilities. By toning down hurricane and the proc sets many stamina users now have to play a different way, and clearly some are having issues doing that. My main is a Magplar who took a 21% reduction to my main ability. I still figured out a way to stay competitive. You can too.

This game does not need more nerfs. It's the most balanced it has ever been.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are people going to realize that every mmo has this pattern? Buff and nerf cycles will always mean that one build or class will sometimes be good and sometimes be bad. Just learn to roll with it instead of constantly Raging and taking it personally, it's better for your health.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you missed the stamina overlords era. It's the way things go here. Stamina is strong ---> stamina gets nerfed ----> magicka is strong ----> magicka gets nerfed ----> stamina is strong

you are close but let me fix it a bit how it was with patches in ESO

Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Stamina birth(magica still stronk) ---> Magica stronk --->finally stamina? stronk --->stmaina nerf, magica stronk ---> Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk ---> stamina stronk!!!!!(TG/DB patch) ----> stamina nerf ----> Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk ---> stamina worse than ever after birth (we are here now)

its about pve btw

about pvp it more balanced between stamina and magica useful, at all magica not always but mostly superior
    Edited by Edziu on March 27, 2017 3:49PM
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

you are close but let me fix it a bit how it was with patches in ESO

Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Stamina birth(magica still stronk) ---> Magica stronk --->finally stamina? stronk --->stmaina nerf, magica stronk ---> Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk ---> stamina stronk!!!!!(TG/DB patch) ----> stamina nerf ----> Magica stronk --->Magica stronk --->Magica stronk ---> stamina worse than ever after birth (we are here now)

its about pve btw

about pvp it more balanced between stamina and magica useful, at all magica not always but mostly superior

This.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_earl_of_lemongrab_by_darthguyford-d5r9gts.jpg

Somehow my stamsorc outdpses my mag dps go figure.

I'm ded XD

Yea... ok.
  • Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever played magicka, but my friends in game that play both all say that stam is so much easier. I don't know who to believe any more.

believe in yourself son

Stam build is harder in VMA
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

believe in yourself son

As if. Have you ever played stam sorc? Easiest vMA clear in my life.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Xecil
    Xecil
    ✭✭✭

believe in yourself son

As if. Have you ever played stam sorc? Easiest vMA clear in my life.

Not everyone hopped on the fotm reroll train for stam sorc, or mag sorc for that matter, although I am tempted. I do love the implosion/lightning crit death animations.
    Waiting for open beta to be over.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most stamina characters are underperforming in PvE, that's definitely true. Ranged DPS ♥

For PvP it's different though. Stamina classes outperforms any magicka class, apart from magicka sorc in 1vX. Although in larger groups magicka classes are better due to deto and stuff.

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most stamina characters are underperforming in PvE, that's definitely true. Ranged DPS ♥

For PvP it's different though. Stamina classes outperforms any magicka class, apart from magicka sorc in 1vX. Although in larger groups magicka classes are better due to deto and stuff.

Eh, mag has better heals, more damage, and they do it from a distance. Other than that, Stam is better.

lol
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The highest single target damage attainable with a stamina build is slightly greater than or equal to a magicka sorcerer/magicka dk (highest magicka single target) in a trials setting. Stamina also doesn't have harness magicka, something that is slotted in 80%+ of encounters to reduce the chances of vitality loss. In my opinion, I believe the biggest difference between magicka and stamina dps is the amount of damage a magicka player will deal in passive aoe (aka cleave). Magicka dps deal significantly more cleave damage in addition to dealing this damage more consistently per encounter due to abilities like wall of elements, which simply just have a larger radius than abilities like endless hail.

Ps, cleave is meta
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's all very well, but the op is speaking specifically about pvp apparently.

in that case I'd recommend @bg22 to watch the following clip and learn from the stamina sorc and dk:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5gb35u
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    That's all very well, but the op is speaking specifically about pvp apparently.

in that case I'd recommend @bg22 to watch the following clip and learn from the stamina sorc and dk:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5gb35u

That should help my StamPlar out significantly.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Just really disgusted with the state of stamina characters. This is why I left in the first place, 2 years ago.

Can't wait for the first magicka player to rush in here and say "L2P, there's always at least 1 stamina character on the leader boards".
    If you need general guidance on pve builds. go here. (http://alcasthq.com/)
    @Alcast
    I've noticed that in other posts you aren't that knowledgeable about changes that have occurred since August 2015.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Redguard Stam DK, I can safely say...

L2P
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    I run a stamblade that, although doesnt do much damage, is an expert at staying alive against the numbers of players. You can do anything in this game if you put your mind to it.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What percent of the playerbase is concerned with the leaderboards.

I've been playing since beta, and I don't even know how to see them. (Is there a default hotkey?)

No one cares about a PvE Leaderboard, usually the PvP Leaderboard (in others games because in ESO is about who zergs and play more) is pretty popular and people really try to be there to brag about it in GW2 there's 2 godlike players who are in 1 and 2 place since the game has been released and when you face one of them you can just disconnect because it's like fighting a Rakkhat solo and I really hope BG's implement a real Leaderboard based on skill.
    Edited by Kay1 on March 28, 2017 4:50AM
    K1 The Big Monkey