The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Once again.... disgusted.

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
Just really disgusted with the state of stamina characters. This is why I left in the first place, 2 years ago.

Can't wait for the first magicka player to rush in here and say "L2P, there's always at least 1 stamina character on the leader boards".

• WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this thread is just to complain about stamina based builds that you clearly don't understand, without providing any specifics so that they can be discussed all for the purpose of just complaining?

No need for L2P. You're not even close to that level... L2 express an opinion.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on March 26, 2017 10:28PM
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2p. There are a lot of Stam characters who are doing just fine.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What percent of the playerbase is concerned with the leaderboards.

I've been playing since beta, and I don't even know how to see them. (Is there a default hotkey?)
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk I haven't played for even a year yet and I've seen you post quite a few of passive aggressive "my character is so weak" threads.

I'm not commenting on stamina VS magicka (I don't play dps) but are you sure that you just came back from 2 years ago?
    Kiss the chaos.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not that bad, they're just harder to get good. IF the rumors are true and resources take a hit in the next patch then I think Stamina will come back in a big way.

That being said, I don't think you can put a viable PVE build together without VO and vMA DW weapons - which is why it's harder to get good as such. Compare this to magicka where anybody can jump into normal CoA and farm BSW which alone is good enough to make a competitive build in the right hands.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you left 2 years ago then you missed the second half of 2016, better known as The Stampocalypse.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an endgame stamina DK player, I agree.

I have my name in the leaderboards, not very high, but still a good achievement, and currently, I feel that stamina just isn't up to par with magicka when it comes to both utility and dps, both single target and AoE.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What percent of the playerbase is concerned with the leaderboards.

I've been playing since beta, and I don't even know how to see them. (Is there a default hotkey?)

@Rainwhisper Hit "J", there will be tabs. It how you go from active quests to, for example, read books? In there (if I'm not mistaken) are leaderboards on the far upper right.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever played magicka, but my friends in game that play both all say that stam is so much easier. I don't know who to believe any more.
    PC | EU
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this thread is just to complain about stamina based builds that you clearly don't understand, without providing any specifics so that they can be discussed all for the purpose of just complaining?

That was absolutely beautiful, 10/10 , so much this ^^^^^^^
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% you're a magicka main.

It's ALWAYS the other side of the fence that rushes in to say "Nuh uh! Everything is perfect!"

Tell me again how many stamina characters are on trial leaderboards?

I can hop on my magicka toon, play with my feet, and still outperform my stamina character main.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »

It's ALWAYS the other side of the fence that rushes in to say "Nuh uh! Everything is perfect!"

I can hop on my magicka toon, play with my feet, and still outperform my stamina character main.

the rage is real. Idk maybe you can help me out here OP, but where did he say or imply anything close to "everything is perfect" ? I totally missed that part of his post.

angry OP is irrational and angry.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @Rainwhisper Hit "J", there will be tabs. It how you go from active quests to, for example, read books? In there (if I'm not mistaken) are leaderboards on the far upper right.

HUH! Whodathunkit?!?

I use that screen all the time for checking achievements, lorebooks, and quests. I've never paid attention to the other icon (I probably moused over it once years ago and realized it didn't apply to me).
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's whoever can use the most macros in leader boards to be the best
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, then you're doing it wrong :)

Me and my friend often run DPS battles. I'm magsorc, he is stamNB. When he actually goes into competitive mood and starts bothering with all that 6 DoTs... Screw him and his single-target DPS :D

Do you constantly keep Caltrops, Trap Beast, Hail, Poison Injection, Rending Slashes on? I'm not even talking about class options. Yes, it's 5+, it's always 5+ on stam.

Stamina is harder. I only take my own stamNB girl into normal dungs, because I know that my concentration and reaction simply aren't good enough for crazy rotation needed to keep all stam DoTs up, I screw up constantly. I play stam for s**t and giggles simply because of my own preferences and limitations.

But there are good stam players. And oh boy, how good they are.

English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to play Stamina cuz I wanted to play Werewolf but my damage is barely different between forms. Both need buffs. :D Or just redesign the whole max stamina/magicka effecting damage thing.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC there's gonna be some balancing changes soon regarding stamina builds and magicka builds, at least with the CP side of things.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... What? So because stamina isn't overpowering things as it previously has been for the past few months, stamina is now dying off and or dead? What? I'm confused. Let me go through a list of things that stamina has going for it:
    - Easy to obtain high weapon damage and high weapon crit.
    - Easier to master (in my opinion).
    - Pulls higher numbers than magicka-builds (although this can vary).
    - Has Vicious Serpent.
    - Has Twice-Fanged Snake.
    - Doesn't require Maelstrom Weapons to be sharpened to be effective, as magicka it does.
    - Is still king of PvP, and by its very nature should outperform magicka builds on the battlefield.
    - Has 2 forms of generic heals that are absolutely incredible.
    - Has the Fighter's Guild essentially built based on stamina, and has way better benefits than the Mage's Guild.
    - Etc.

I legitimately don't see the problem. I've used stamina builds in every trial, and have bested every trial. And from a PvP perspective, I find going the stamina route will usually yield more success than magicka. Please enlighten me to what the issue is, OP.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Wait... What? So because stamina isn't overpowering things as it previously has been for the past few months, stamina is now dying off and or dead? What? I'm confused. Let me go through a list of things that stamina has going for it:
    - Easy to obtain high weapon damage and high weapon crit.
    - Easier to master (in my opinion).
    - Pulls higher numbers than magicka-builds (although this can vary).
    - Has Vicious Serpent.
    - Has Twice-Fanged Snake.
    - Doesn't require Maelstrom Weapons to be sharpened to be effective, as magicka it does.
    - Is still king of PvP, and by its very nature should outperform magicka builds on the battlefield.
    - Has 2 forms of generic heals that are absolutely incredible.
    - Has the Fighter's Guild essentially built based on stamina, and has way better benefits than the Mage's Guild.
    - Etc.

I legitimately don't see the problem. I've used stamina builds in every trial, and have bested every trial. And from a PvP perspective, I find going the stamina route will usually yield more success than magicka. Please enlighten me to what the issue is, OP.

Played my old stamblade last night on a separate campaign and killed like a bunch of people and got bored and logged out . There is little Defence to escape stamblade when played right . I still believe stamblade > Magblade .
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I tell you that you have not brought up a single legitimate complaint, and your first response is then to make baseless illegitimate assumptions and ask a question that does not address what makes you think Stamina is so disgusting that it makes you want to quit playing?

You'd do well in modern politics.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stam dk/nb/sorc and still kicking peoples asses leader boards weekly

What's the issue?
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I tell you that you have not brought up a single legitimate complaint, and your first response is then to make baseless illegitimate assumptions and ask a question that does not address what makes you think Stamina is so disgusting that it makes you want to quit playing?

When I stepped away the first time ppl were saying the same thing. Ironic how 90% of the things I complained ab before have been changed.

Also ironic; as soon as someone creates a thread against the current Meta, it blows up with comments. XD
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I stepped away the first time ppl were saying the same thing. Ironic how 90% of the things I complained ab before have been changed.

Also ironic; as soon as someone creates a thread against the current Meta, it blows up with comments. XD

Thought as much that it was just a troll thread. It's why I didn't give a legitimate response.

Earnest reply, I've seen every change to either magicka or stamina the forum will blow up with threads saying "stamina too op" and "magicka too op" all at the same time. So it's all perspective. My main DPS is stamina, my main tank is magicka. I rebuild them every now and then, and don't really see a significant difference. Min-maxing there will be a difference, and since PVE doesn't really change, it can make a difference there.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on March 26, 2017 11:04PM
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam is fine for solo play—StamDK is the worst stam class, and it's still playable solo. The issue that you're pointing out seems to be that Stam isn't good in group play—and it isn't. Outside of a rapids spammer, I really don't know what use a Stambuild has.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever played magicka, but my friends in game that play both all say that stam is so much easier. I don't know who to believe any more.

Sorry to inform you, but they're just dead wrong or don't know how to play...

It is factually incorrect to say that stam classes are better or do better than magicka classes.

Stam does worse in every conceivable category and in addition to that, their skills pull from the same pull as sprint, roll dodge, etc, and they're not ranged (unless it's bow which deals small amounts of damage).

I agree a balance is in order but I'm not really complaining. I play both classes anyway.
    Edited by Betsararie on March 26, 2017 11:08PM
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought as much that it was just a troll thread. It's why I didn't give a legitimate response.

Pretty much this, yes.

Don't feed the renowned troll, guys. Until...

@bg22. Hey, @bg22.
    Your rotation for both, please.

Or, if it's too hard, your rotation for your stam main. Pretty please?

Won't say anything for others, but I am waiting eagerly. Eagerly.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol your nasty/angry tone is still shining through your "XD" there, OP.

You didn't make some sort of well thought out thread against the current meta or any kind of logical argument, you made a rage thread.
    Just really disgusted with the state of stamina characters. This is why I left in the first place, 2 years ago.

Can't wait for the first magicka player to rush in here and say "L2P, there's always at least 1 stamina character on the leader boards".

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should be fine on stamina as long as you're not concerned with leaderboards or vet trials.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »

lol your nasty/angry tone is still shining through your "XD" there, OP.

You didn't make some sort of well thought out thread against the current meta or any kind of logical argument, you made a rage thread.

I need to bring up the current state of balance?

Would you venture to say that Stam is more powerful than Mag currently?

No... I don't have to explain that to anyone, bc EVERYONE on these forums is here for 1 of 2 reasons, to defend their ridiculously overpowered selves, or to vent about how overpowered magicka is.
    Edited by bg22 on March 26, 2017 11:15PM
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bg22, I will not get off your back :)

Rotation. Please. I beg of you.