Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's ridiculous how long it takes to get Mages Guild to 10...

GawdSB
GawdSB
✭✭✭✭✭
I've finished all of AD, DC, Coldharbour, Eastmarch and Deshaan and still not to 10. It's already ridiculous that we have to run around and find these lorebooks, but to basically make us do every alliance is crazy, especially because I'm on console with no addons.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the end of each Alliance you should be close to 10. You should use the Addon "LoreBooks".

Edited by Thorvarg on March 26, 2017 9:27PM
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    At the end of each Alliance you should be close to 10. You should use the Addon "LoreBooks".

I'm on console. No addons.

Edit: And I'm close to 10, but I'm about to be finished EP and it shouldn't take me doing each and every alliance to get to 10.
    Edited by GawdSB on March 26, 2017 9:28PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that you have play the game to get benefits. I'm all in for giving you a template of an end game char so you can skip 90% of the games content.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that you have play the game to get benefits. I'm all in for giving you a template of an end game char so you can skip 90% of the games content.

Ummm...

I'm not playing the game because I'm running around getting lorebooks.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    Thorvarg wrote: »

I'm on console. No addons.

Edit: And I'm close to 10, but I'm about to be finished EP and it shouldn't take me doing each and every alliance to get to 10.

You misunderstood me. Starting 2nd Alliance you should finish very soon. You never need all 3 Alliances. But iused "LoreBooks", so i had a huge Advantage.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have a printer, you should be able to find pictures online of the maps where lorebooks are located to have next to you, best advice I can give since addons dont work for consules.

that way it will take 2-4 hours depending on the dedication of how fast you get bored :D

im currently working on finding all I can so far 2300 found :D
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    because I'm on console with no addons.

Well, there's yer problem right there!

• Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a pain but with Google images of lorebook locations it's not hard. Just boring. Did it with another character on the wknd and it took a few hours but well worth it. Also make sure you finish the mages guild quest line.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because I'm on console with no addons.

Well, there's yer problem right there!

Worst part is I have it for PC but, college... Can't bring my computer from home here. :(
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ummm...

I'm not playing the game because I'm running around getting lorebooks.

Ummm...

I'm not playing the game because I'm grinding around for BiS items. Still do it every patch. Sure you don't want a template, a skip option or even a "ready from the start" game? I'm so tired of people demanding dumbingdowns or hand outs. If you want the benefit of that skill line, "work" for it.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you've completed all the content you can get the remaining lore books in like 2 hours. Chances are you got a bunch of 8/10s already. Just Google it.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I guess it would totally suck on console without addons. On PC with the lorebook addon showing lorebooks on the map it literally takes 4 hours to get from 0 - 10 (a guildie did it yesterday).

All I could recommend doing is look at your achievements and see which collections you're close to finishing and go find the last book as you get the points for the book plus finishing the collection.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a pain but with Google images of lorebook locations it's not hard. Just boring. Did it with another character on the wknd and it took a few hours but well worth it. Also make sure you finish the mages guild quest line.

Mages questline doesn't actually increase guild level though does it? Just gives you two skill points???
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game was never meant to be a sprint, it's a marathon, slow down a bit, enjoy it, breath the air as it were, make sure you don't have the telly or other music on, it makes a huge diffrence to the immersion, I've got a whole bunch of alts and it's feels just fine to me :)
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have to find them for the most part. Keep your eyes open when you quest, do a little deviation on your path from quest A to B to C, explore a little as you go and you'll come across them all. The game is designed basically so that when you're finished with a zone, you will have almost all of the associated achievements completed too, Lore Books included. The trick is to play the game the way development intended to, you'll find you get rewarded for your efforts and time far more than doing it any other way. And such things will not seem so problematic

Edited by Rev Rielle on March 26, 2017 10:37PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

Mages questline doesn't actually increase guild level though does it? Just gives you two skill points???

Two things increase Mages Guild level, lorebooks and Mages Guild dailies.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

I was told about a year ago that it does but you may be right. I never really checked I just did it.
    I also found the mages guild daily quest is useless for people who grind it out in one sitting as we only get one a day.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to finish the sets. That's the priority as you get bonus points.

You only need home alliance 1-5, Cold harbour, Dungeon & Gyro books and its done. I'm on Xbox too it doesn't take that long now you can get everywhere.

Just clear a zone, dolmens, shards, more books, public dungeon. All fun and good XP.

But check your journal, and complete the sets.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a character at about mage guild 5 or 6. Got to ten in a couple hours. Tedious, but not long.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it now for 10 characters....part of building a character i guess- the more you invest in a toon- the more powerful they will become....it s never fun- but i ve learned to make it okay. i put on some music or netflix, watch a stream, put on some speed CP, rapids, find a friend and make a day of it.
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    http://game-maps.com/ESO/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online.asp

http://esomap.uesp.net/

These two sites have done me well in finding books. However, the latter is a bit glitchy, or temperamental lol. And nothing is perfect with maps anyway, so one marker might not be exactly where it is on map, but a few clicks to, say the left.

Tamriel Journal is also good for the treasure maps and skyshards, DLCs excluded.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorebooks was an awful grind i did it twice and will never do it again.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finished all of AD, DC, Coldharbour, Eastmarch and Deshaan and still not to 10. It's already ridiculous that we have to run around and find these lorebooks, but to basically make us do every alliance is crazy, especially because I'm on console with no addons.
    I did it on PC but without addons, and without much trouble.

But then I am an explorer, who doesn't just follows the main questline as fast as possible, but does every sidequest, many of which steer you past the books anyhow, and also like to look into nooks and crannies, as to stumble over more books... and thus pretty much every one of my characters maxed mages guild halfway through cadwells without ever spending any extra time hunting down lorebooks, just 'en passant' while following the quests...

You can easily make short work of it by a bit of internet searching... most "area collections" book locations are there I think, and many of the rest as well. It also helps to be more curious, and take your time... and of course once you found a book once, you will remember the general area when on your alts (the lorebooks have a handful of seperate spawning locations, but all in roughly the same area, so one character might find the book on the south shore of a river, and the next might find the same book on the north shore, and so on).
    And of course questing during game-night makes it really easyy to spot the purple glow...
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to sound like an @$$ but to be honest, there are maps you can refer too for Lorebook locations. Like others have said, when you are completely done with the first part of Cadwell's Almanac, you should already be at Level 9 for the Mages Guild line and you should actually reach level 10 when you are done with the first zone of the second part of C.A.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I got to mages guild 10 before Coldharbor.......

Then again I go through the game at a relatively slow pace, I was Cp 300 before I got to Coldharbor.

Like they said, finish the sets and do the dailies.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I imagine it must be a pain without the the add ons, but why not do it at the same time you go around getting skyshards?

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using an addon or looking it up is basically cheating and takes all the fun out of finding them.
    I have done one alliance and almost cadwells silver and I am still not 10

I have just been doing the mage guild dailies trying to grind to it as fast as I can otherwise.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Using an addon or looking it up is basically cheating and takes all the fun out of finding them.
    I have done one alliance and almost cadwells silver and I am still not 10

I have just been doing the mage guild dailies trying to grind to it as fast as I can otherwise.

Work smart not hard. Just think of it as a map. You still have to find it.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://game-maps.com/ESO/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online.asp

http://esomap.uesp.net/

These two sites have done me well in finding books. However, the latter is a bit glitchy, or temperamental lol. And nothing is perfect with maps anyway, so one marker might not be exactly where it is on map, but a few clicks to, say the left.

Tamriel Journal is also good for the treasure maps and skyshards, DLCs excluded.
    I use esomap.uesp.net .... be careful on game-maps.com, it does not run right if you don't allow the site to run stuff on your computer. I always decline as I will not give any website access to my computer. Don't have an issue with uesp.net, they are a valuable site for all information for ESO .....
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console. I've done it three times. Use dulfy maps.

Pretty easy if you break it up over a week or so.