The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMSA L2P Issue, Help!

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Character Info: Dunmer Magicka Nightblade, CP600, Julianos, Molag Kena, Willpower, Random Staff, Thief Mundas.

Finally got off my butt and did vMSA and got to the final boss.

I understand all the mechanics and how to clear the boss, however I am having serious L2P issues with the Daedroths. Unlike the other stages where I felt I was progressing with this one I just feel like I am banging my head into the wall, what L2P practice can I do to help with this?
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP - thick skinned

Use light armor ward and go around CG.

Take healing sigil when CG spawns after crystal stage.

Use shadows to kite
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Never played a magblade, so I cant help with build or tactics - but I have cleared VMA on magsorc and stamsorc, and do it pretty easily with magsorc on a daily basis now.

And I can tell you this - my first attempts on the final boss went terribly - it took me almost 2 hours before I even got to the crystal phase for the first time - then another couple hours of attempts before I finally saw the 3rd phase. After that it was yet ANOTHER hour or so of wipes before I finally downed him.

It is a tough encounter to learn- very unforgiving of mistakes ... so dont get too stressed about L2P issues, you will question your resolve, you will question your abilities, you will question your sanity for even attempting the fight for the 100th time.

But ultimately if you just stick with it, you'll get the rhythym down pat - you'll have your almost programmed choreography of the fight memorized exhaustively ... and subsequent runs will have you almost looking forward to that fight because it's one of the most predictable fights in there.

PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learning the pivot/strafe move on the daedroths makes them so much easier--practice that until you never get touched! Then you can clear first stage and crystals with all sigils up, which makes stage 3 a breeze.

You can beat daedroths without circlestrafing the flame cleave, but it's 10x easier, imo, once you commit to that strat and learn it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pick up all the gold ghosts, hold off activating the synergy until the daedroth is out
    kite the daedroth near the boss activate the ghost synergy (spectral explosion) & dps, aoe's ideally try to save your ultimate for the pin.
    if the daedroth is out, and for whatever reason pinning them with the spectral isnt possible then a meteor to the face usually takes care of them ;)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning the pivot/strafe move on the daedroths makes them so much easier--practice that until you never get touched! Then you can clear first stage and crystals with all sigils up, which makes stage 3 a breeze.

You can beat daedroths without circlestrafing the flame cleave, but it's 10x easier, imo, once you commit to that strat and learn it.
    Thanks, this is kind of what I am looking for. Most of my issues so far seem to fall more on my skills and knowledge in movement and less on the mechanics/skills side.

So basically rather than running away it's better to try and just go round them faster than the breath can catch you? Or am I reading that wrong?

Thanks for all the replies all, it's frustrating getting this far and then coming to the limits of my personal skills/knowledge, would rather ask and see what insight I can get than give up.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Thanks, this is kind of what I am looking for. Most of my issues so far seem to fall more on my skills and knowledge in movement and less on the mechanics/skills side.

So basically rather than running away it's better to try and just go round them faster than the breath can catch you? Or am I reading that wrong?

Thanks for all the replies all, it's frustrating getting this far and then coming to the limits of my personal skills/knowledge, would rather ask and see what insight I can get than give up.

Correct--there should be lots of vids out that show it, but basically you stand just off the lizard's shoulder and turn so the flame breath never touches you AND you never stop DPSing. Additionally, by doing this you can stack them next to the healer (if still up) and boss so you can keep ground dots or aoe damage on both of them as well as interrupt the boss if necessary.

EDIT: Also, in stage 1 (before you do crystals) I try to save ult for lizards--ideally they are next to boss and I can meteor the add while keeping the boss in the ground dot it leaves. In stage 3 (after crystals) i tend to not worry as much as you have ghosts to help with stunning them.

I tend to avoid using ANY sigils in the first downstairs stage and crystals, then grab defensive ASAP when you go downstairs--I grab the others as i happen to pass them, just because I'm not going for leaderboard. Having defensive+haste sigil in phase 3 makes getting gold ghosts a breeze.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on March 18, 2017 6:19PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 for adding L2P issue in threadname
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Character Info: Dunmer Magicka Nightblade, CP600, Julianos, Molag Kena, Willpower, Random Staff, Thief Mundas.

I understand all the mechanics and how to clear the boss, however I am having serious L2P issues with the Daedroths. Unlike the other stages where I felt I was progressing with this one I just feel like I am banging my head into the wall, what L2P practice can I do to help with this?

Drop kena. For burst damage, you want something else like illambris or grothdarr. Drop a destro ultimate, blockade and path right before boss spawns and then charge heavy attack, medium weave force pulse and boss is at 70% before you even get a crem guard.

After top phase, another destro ultimate, Power sigil and defensive sigil and burn boss to 0%:

36:40, boss fight takes ~2 minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6L4Lb1G0cuE
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    just move in a circle around him, so the fire doesn't hit you
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best to learn how to do it properly.

If you drop your dots and apply harness once and heavy it should by right be dead.

Kiting it around like "some" people are suggesting will get you killed by environmental/ghosts flames etc etc.

Front it head on, apply dots/wall harness then heavy it will go down. If it doesn't I'd be checking your build.

Julianos is fine, Scathing is amazing on mag nb so that might be worth looking into.

30-35 points into thick skin is generally a must across the board.

Willpower - swapping into IA which is easy enough to get in trials these days.

Long story short, if you got to the last boss which you have you'll be able to sort what's going wrong.

The other alternative is to follow my last boss strat guide which has helped hundreds of people:

Engage Boss - When he teleports back up, defense sigil, kill mage, back on boss, prepare for cg, 10-13 seconds remaining on shield, kill CG ( roll for skull throw on boss) no damage taken by CG, back on boss, phase.

For when you come down, after the 2nd gold ghost prepare for healing sigil - then CG spawn kill CG most damage mitigated by healing/harness and finish off.

My 2 cents.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies all. I wasn't able to give it another go last night as I was running an RP session, but plan to this week.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Drop kena. For burst damage, you want something else like illambris or grothdarr. Drop a destro ultimate, blockade and path right before boss spawns and then charge heavy attack, medium weave force pulse and boss is at 70% before you even get a crem guard.

After top phase, another destro ultimate, Power sigil and defensive sigil and burn boss to 0%:

That's a very unusual video. Force Pulse on a magblade in vMA? lolwut? Strife actually has a higher tooltip than FP. FP does a smidge more damage due to operational buffs, but definitely not worth the higher ability cost or the loss of a bar slot (if using both Strife and FP as the video shows).

Anyway, the important thing here is to kill the CGs quickly. Know when and where the CGs spawn. When the portal appears, apply your Blockade and apply your Path. Then start charging up a heavy staff attack. As soon as they appear out of the portal, release and right into Strife and then weave Strife until it dies. Trust in your self-heals, trust in your damage, just go toe-to-toe with it, and you will kill it before it kills you.

As far as gear goes, you can do this even without Grothdarr or Ilambris. Julianos and arcane Willpower is also just fine. (Moondancer or Infal will be slightly better, but it won't make a difference here and you won't notice the difference.) As far as monster sets go, good options are 2p Grothdarr (though there will be a lot of wasted procs), 2p Skoria, 2p Iceheart (a lot more defensive--can be useful when going for no-death), or 1p Kena plus 1p Groth/Ilambris/Infernal. Personally not a fan of 2p Kena. Also, in response to the person who suggested Scathing, I don't like that set in vMA because vMA is too bursty and a lot of Scatching procs will go wasted.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    same setup I used when I first cleared it :p
    no helpfull comment here.
    sorry ;(
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempah wrote: »
    same setup I used when I first cleared it :p
    no helpfull comment here.
    sorry ;(
    No useful comment, no +1 insightful. Them the rules. :tongue:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    code65536 wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »

That's a very unusual video. Force Pulse on a magblade in vMA? lolwut? Strife actually has a higher tooltip than FP. FP does a smidge more damage due to operational buffs, but definitely not worth the higher ability cost or the loss of a bar slot (if using both Strife and FP as the video shows).

Anyway, the important thing here is to kill the CGs quickly. Know when and where the CGs spawn. When the portal appears, apply your Blockade and apply your Path. Then start charging up a heavy staff attack. As soon as they appear out of the portal, release and right into Strife and then weave Strife until it dies. Trust in your self-heals, trust in your damage, just go toe-to-toe with it, and you will kill it before it kills you.

As far as gear goes, you can do this even without Grothdarr or Ilambris. Julianos and arcane Willpower is also just fine. (Moondancer or Infal will be slightly better, but it won't make a difference here and you won't notice the difference.) As far as monster sets go, good options are 2p Grothdarr (though there will be a lot of wasted procs), 2p Skoria, 2p Iceheart (a lot more defensive--can be useful when going for no-death), or 1p Kena plus 1p Groth/Ilambris/Infernal. Personally not a fan of 2p Kena. Also, in response to the person who suggested Scathing, I don't like that set in vMA because vMA is too bursty and a lot of Scatching procs will go wasted.

Haha no need to laugh there. I'm using force pulse for the additional chance to apply status effects and illambris :wink: The build I use focuses on Lightning blockade and concussion with shock glyphs + charged staffs + spinner set. It works wonders in solo play and is on par with sharpened :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkgTAlCr3AM
    I was personally completely unprepared to have the explosion, but if you can get the explosion for him you could get him to 70% with like 12k dps with no crematorial guards
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to chime in and say thanks to all those who said about straffing around the Daedroths. Had another crack at this tonight and they're a joke for me now.

Got to the boss but was Kermit Flailing around as I didn't have the focus (bad day, feeling down) so will try again when I have less on my mind.

giphy.gif
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to chime in and say thanks to all those who said about straffing around the Daedroths. Had another crack at this tonight and they're a joke for me now.

Got to the boss but was Kermit Flailing around as I didn't have the focus (bad day, feeling down) so will try again when I have less on my mind.

giphy.gif

The first time trying to beat the last boss took me forever. Then one day I got some great advice. On phase one just as he teleports to do his channeled attack grab the defensive sigil and DO NOT interrupt him, the channeled attack will be reflected back at him. Doing it this way makes it incredibly easy to get to the second (upper) phase and allows you to get used to the other phases.

Second phase is pretty straight forward, the more deeps the better because the longer you're up there the strong the DoT becomes and the faster the shield moves. Just remember, 1 skull attack>shield then all the rest will be 2 skull attacks>shield. If you drop down/get knocked off the DoT and shield/skull attacks reset and it is a viable tactic to jump down if the DoT becomes overwhelming. If you need to do this I recommend grabbing the healing sigil because there will be a daedroth and clanfear down there. Also the skull attacks have a very large dodge window basically allowing you to dodge roll at least a second early. Once you get the timing down on the skull attacks the second phase becomes pretty easy because you don't even need to keep an eye on him.

The third phase can get a little complicated if it goes on too long. You have summoners, daedroth and gold ghosts. I recommend grabbing the speed sigil so you can get the gold ghosts easier. If you see a gold ghost go for it if at all possible because that's likely where the boss will teleport next (in my experiences anyway). A summoner will show just after you are knocked down from the top, if you're comfortable with your DPS you can ignore him, if you're not grab the power sigil as soon as you can so you can take care of him quickly and focus on the boss and ghosts. Ideally you'd grab it somewhere around the second ghost so when you stun the boss you get that buffed damage with uninterrupted DPS time, but it's not that big of a deal.

Good luck! Hope this helps.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just do what I've been saying: And KINDA what Dank said.

The FINAL BOSS ROUND! - copied my from my text guide with few changes with homestead:

This is what shakes people up the most and honestly it’s CAKE.

The general rule is as follows when you come down from crystal phase if you get power sigil and have 500-600 ulti as a elegant sorc you can stay in overload the ENTIRE TIME and kill him it’s that simple. But let’s get on with it for now…

1. You want to DPS the boss, once he teleports GRAB DEFNESIVE sigil. We do this to ignore the windmill attack reflecting all damage back to him. Kill the healer so you don’t have to worry about it coming down from crystal stage and prepare for CG!!! Drop Suppression field on boss generally snagging the healer/CG and boss mitigating 80% of damage.

3. Once you kill CG and burn boss to 70% he will PHASE. - If not already done so.

6. Take the clanfear to the pad which is glowing. Watch out for tail swipe, lava pools and boss aoe! Crazy I know!

8. Going up top, I’ve seen people block… and I can tell you now that gets newbies in trouble! A misclick letting go and BOOM
    YOU’RE OFF! So, ROLL! Yes this takes more STAM but you want this or a death? You’re call. It’s up to each person how this is done as it matters on reaction time. Here’s a few tips.
    Because we have thundering presence on our bar you can stay up top effectively for 5 walls Yes,
    I’ve done it on stream and probably even 6…. But man that’s fast! So what I’m saying is you have the speed!
    You must ensure that power surge and thundering is up 100% of the time no acceptions.
    If you use TRI Stat Pots this fight is a MILLION times easier
    If you use 5000 Health 487 Regen Magicka the fight is MILLION TIMES EASIER
    If you strife your camera while side stepping against the walls that spawn it’s a MILLION TIMES EASIER
    The meteors always! Fall BEHIND YOU if you’re constantly flowing in a direction NEVER will they spawn in front UNLESS
    You stopped or 2. You changed directions suddenly which will cause issues!
    The Skull Rotation is this: SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL.

5. Going down town! PHASED
    6. When killing all the crystals you’ll get blown off it’s important to interrupt BOSS first thing you do. (PLEASE NOTE) If you come down on top of boss he will do his KO AOE MOVE Instead and immediately after go into windmill phase.
    7. If a gold ghost is incoming and it’s between you and the AOE BOSS KO attack LEAVE IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE IT!
    8. Go get power sigil, you won’t get hit with a windmill yet
    9. Kill the summoner to obtain 30 seconds more time allowing you to deal with CG.
    10. When CG is spawning the boss with windmill, interrupt boss and grab the healing sigil MITIGATING ALL DAMAGE FROM all sources you can hold off with Suppression Field (no fire from CG) – if you get in trouble drop this as well with the combo of healing sigil.

It’s all that simple. Kinda... after a 10 page read I know some people wanted this... I'm sorry about the spelling... and some punctuation I'm also doing this top of my head so some adds may be SLIGHTLY different which I'll fix at a later date.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
    Lukums VMA - Wh07e
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukrums that would be a great guide... If I was a Sorc.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And cleared. Thanks for all the tips everyone, a lot of what was posted here helped me pass it.

C8ULkEFXkAAJ1UB.jpg:large
    C8ULkzsXsAEs5C0.jpg:large
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukrums that would be a great guide... If I was a Sorc.

The guide is true for all classes bud.

Swap suppression field for another ulti.

The rules, what you need to do are listed pretty damn well.

UPDATE: I should of changed överload to destro ulti which was my mistake first 1-2 paragraph so my apologies.

Apart from that meh.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion