The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Continuous NERFS on Magplars, why always NERF the Magplars?

LordSlif
LordSlif
✭✭✭✭
Every patch a nerf: rushed ceremony, puncturing sweep, radiant oppression, blazing spear, crescent sweep and some others skills that arent class skills, but have affected the templar specifically. every patch the ZOS harms the magplar, harms the main skills and main combos, took out the crescent sweep and spears stun. The magplar is not OP but everytime is a different nerf. i have a point the magplar DPS pvp is not the same anymore, any sugestion to ZOS for improviment the combos, skills? Any "solution"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you're the one who knows what the nerfs have harmed and where you're suffering with the class now maybe you should start by offering some solutions?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar DPS is still pretty high even with the RD nerf.The Blazing shield nerf was a slap in the face to Magplar in pvp and should have been reverted similar to sorcs and haunting curse.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I just dusted of My old magplar and with pol it feels stronger then ever. Blazing spear nerf sucked but in group play templars just got stronger.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As you're the one who knows what the nerfs have harmed and where you're suffering with the class now maybe you should start by offering some solutions?

You are right my friend so:

- Crescent sweep needs to be a magic damage again

- Rushed ceremony must heal the caster and ally, the caster must be healed every time that the skill is cast

- spear stun back

some points here
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Magplar DPS is still pretty high even with the RD nerf.The Blazing shield nerf was a slap in the face to Magplar in pvp and should have been reverted similar to sorcs and haunting curse.

radiant nerf was the right thing
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Magplar DPS is still pretty high even with the RD nerf.The Blazing shardsnerf was a slap in the face to Magplar in pvp and should have been reverted similar to sorcs and haunting curse.

I know wasn't saying it was a issue they still pull high DPS.Blazing shards is the only thing that needs to be reverted and templars are good again are viable again for solo at least now they can not run solo.No good CC is their biggest problem right now.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    I just dusted of My old magplar and with pol it feels stronger then ever. Blazing spear nerf sucked but in group play templars just got stronger.

Yeah in groups magplars are strongs, 95% are BoL bots and radiant spam and this is no good, think with what burst ult dps u have for a solo fight? destro ult 240 ult points meteor easy block... so? magplar is an excellent support
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar DPS is still pretty high even with the RD nerf.The Blazing shardsnerf was a slap in the face to Magplar in pvp and should have been reverted similar to sorcs and haunting curse.

I know wasn't saying it was a issue they still pull high DPS.Blazing shards is the only thing that needs to be reverted and templars are good again are viable again for solo at least now they can not run solo.No good CC is their biggest problem right now.

yes you understand me, but the crescent sweep needs to be reverted too and some changes on useless skills: healingg ritual and solar barrage for example
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give magplars blinding light back or a decent root or group stun...I'm liking the magickasteal, but we still lack quick burst that's not a channel and a proper cc. Toppling charge still is slow...speed it waaaay up and remove the stupid minimal distance needed to use it. Also do something with the "other morph of dark flare" or better known to magplars in Pvp as the worst skill in the game.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in groups magplars are strongs, 95% are BoL bots and radiant spam and this is no good, think with what burst ult dps u have for a solo fight? destro ult 240 ult points meteor easy block... so? magplar is an excellent support
    Even with it scaling with stam Dawnbreaker of smiting still hit hards on a magplar.Still haven't fought or seen a magplar who use crescent sweeps who was able to kill me.Stamplar deserved a buff and a ultimate the data probably showed not many magplars used it so they gave it to stamplars.Which on a stamplar my crescents hits almost as hard as my Stamnb incaps.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    give magplars blinding light back or a decent root or group stun...I'm liking the magickasteal, but we still lack quick burst that's not a channel and a proper cc. Toppling charge still is slow...speed it waaaay up and remove the stupid minimal distance needed to use it. Also do something with the "other morph of dark flare" or better known to magplars in Pvp as the worst skill in the game.

YES YES AND YES, Root is dream, DK has root and now the coagulating blood is op, sorc has root skill and i guess NB too so why templars dont?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Even with it scaling with stam Dawnbreaker of smiting still hit hards on a magplar.Still haven't fought or seen a magplar who use crescent sweeps who was able to kill me.Stamplar deserved a buff and a ultimate the data probably showed not many magplars used it so they gave it to stamplars.Which on a stamplar my crescents hits almost as hard as my Stamnb incaps.

Crescent sweep and ice comet had the same damage just a little diference, the point is: now the magplar dont have a good burst ult
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

root skill is my dream
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm tired of jumping with toppling charge and BANG a frag on my face, toppling must to be a telleport or a real quick animation
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

The last points in my opinion:

- Removal the minimal distance of toppling charge. *Why: when the magplar is casting the puncturing sweep he needs stay close of the target so when we want stun we cant cause we are out of the minimal range.

- Root class skill: All classes have a root class skill except the templar, puncturing sweep is a area effect, so a root skill is very important. (maybe solar barrage could Immobilize 2 or 3 enemies)

- Change some useless Skills as Solar Barrage ^^ and healing ritual.

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah! Buff Magplars!

(Rubs hands together menacingly)

Muhuhahahahaa!!!

Note: We are fine.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a tight race between that and Eclipse.

I do think ZoS should considering making Toppling function in some way without a minimum distance since they have taken away most of the class's CC ability.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah hah, first uselss skill that came to my mind would be eclipse...STILL...solar barrage would A1 if they gave it the same defile debuff as dark flare.

But to say that templar is useless solo because we dont have a good stun? Im sorry i have to call out on that, ive been using aurora jav for the past few weeks and have more success with that than toppling and blazing spear both slotted. And it only takes up one slot not two. Thing is when solo PvP, you dont NEED a charge, most magplars in 1vX are vamp and when 1vX your enemies are on you, cast vamps bane, jav and mist into them. Simple. We DO NEED CRESCENT BACK. I loved that skill and used it as my main ult for about two years. Wasnt that great with soulshine, but if they give us crescent back and buff LA offensively/ defensively (even if slightly) wed have more build options and be absolutely awesome. Just those two changes, let alone fixing our broken abilities.

And solar barrage deff is not terrible. In raid play with DPS toon that skill is STUPID strong. Just needs defile to be perfect. A snare at thebend of jabs for primary target would be better than the slow effect on it now.

Ive learned over the past couple of months that templar is accually in an awesome place right now. Were very competetive. Would be nice to be in LA again tho
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Yeah hah, first uselss skill that came to my mind would be eclipse...STILL...solar barrage would A1 if they gave it the same defile debuff as dark flare.

But to say that templar is useless solo because we dont have a good stun? Im sorry i have to call out on that, ive been using aurora jav for the past few weeks and have more success with that than toppling and blazing spear both slotted. And it only takes up one slot not two. Thing is when solo PvP, you dont NEED a charge, most magplars in 1vX are vamp and when 1vX your enemies are on you, cast vamps bane, jav and mist into them. Simple. We DO NEED CRESCENT BACK. I loved that skill and used it as my main ult for about two years. Wasnt that great with soulshine, but if they give us crescent back and buff LA offensively/ defensively (even if slightly) wed have more build options and be absolutely awesome. Just those two changes, let alone fixing our broken abilities.

And solar barrage deff is not terrible. In raid play with DPS toon that skill is STUPID strong. Just needs defile to be perfect. A snare at thebend of jabs for primary target would be better than the slow effect on it now.

Ive learned over the past couple of months that templar is accually in an awesome place right now. Were very competetive. Would be nice to be in LA again tho

The jav is not a good skill exactly, it throws the enemy away and templars need stay close. A class skill with root is the best thing 4 templars, templars are the only ones without a class skill with root effect
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have a point the magplar DPS pvp is not the same anymore

First of all DPS is a pve thing.

Power of the light is really strong in pvp now, it's very bursty. You also can't dodge jabs anymore. Magplars also still have very high burst heals. Whenever changes come in patches sometimes you have to adjust a little.

You feel that the way you used to use a magplar isn't as effective anymore? Adapt and overcome.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    i have a point the magplar DPS pvp is not the same anymore

First of all DPS is a pve thing.

Power of the light is really strong in pvp now, it's very bursty. You also can't dodge jabs anymore. Magplars also still have very high burst heals. Whenever changes come in patches sometimes you have to adjust a little.

You feel that the way you used to use a magplar isn't as effective anymore? Adapt and overcome.

Sweep is undodgeable sice always, jab is stam skill. We are never able to fully charge power of light, magplar dont have crescent sweep anymore. Is not about the way, is about a class that now is a BoL bot and radiant spam, you can see this fact in cyrodiil. Is the only class without a kind of root... many things
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield needs to be useful for magplars again. Magplar DPS is lackluster compared to every other class, a decent sized Blazing Shield would fix that. Power of the Light needs to go btw, unblockable things are stupid.
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 9:35PM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because magplar killed someone in pvp world, until they are completely gutted and unplayable the nerfs will continue. Pretty close now, so only a few more nerfs to go, that is good I guess.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crescent Sweep wasn't a nerf. It was actually a pretty awesome buff for Stamplar (aka the worst performing class in the game ATM along with nightblades).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crescent Sweep wasn't a nerf. It was actually a pretty awesome buff for Stamplar (aka the worst performing class in the game ATM along with nightblades).

Stamplar can use dawnbraker, magplar dont have nothing, crescent was a nerf now the magplars dont have a single burst ult with low cost
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Very very close, i dont know what the ZOS is making with magplar, but it's bad, WE NEED BUFF
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamplar can use dawnbraker, magplar dont have nothing, crescent was a nerf now the magplars dont have a single burst ult with low cost

Any class/spec can use db smiting in pvp. Knockdown op
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Any class/spec can use db smiting in pvp. Knockdown op

you did not understand the point. The stamplar can use DB with a hig damage, stamplar DONT NEED the crescente sweep, magplar NEED, same damage of meteor, quick and low cost. DB smiting's knockdown is unuseful in a combo with charge.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    Blazing shield needs to be useful for magplars again. Magplar DPS is lackluster compared to every other class, a decent sized Blazing Shield would fix that. Power of the Light needs to go btw, unblockable things are stupid.
    Magicka Nightblades say hello.

Also, some abilities need to be unblockable, as long as it's still possible to make builds that can block for eons while spamming heals.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on March 21, 2017 3:02AM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, no you don't need roots and such. There are classes that don't have everything a Templar has, you don't need every little thing. The Jesus Beam nerf was the right move too. Templars are still very viable in PVE and PVP.