The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Continuous NERFS on Magplars, why always NERF the Magplars?

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Its absolutely possible 1v1 to fully charge purifying light, but very difficult. Fought magdk last night and as soon as he saw that *** he blocked, negating built up damage. At the same time ive had it on me 1v1 and didnt purge but it hit me with a VERY well timed dawnbreaker of smitting...RIP for my Light armor templar

Anyway, i agree that templars dont have everything, but nothing wrong with taking advantage of every skill available to you. I mean all classes would effed if it werent for entropy or inner light, especially in non cp pvp. I personally think they should not worry so much about giving classes buffs they lack, rather give all classes a skill that one or two lack. For example, instead of giving DKs an execute, put one in mages guild or something similar. Instead of giving templar a group root put it in desty line. Looking at you ice staff XD.

i like it bro. two handed has execute and fighters guild has root, i dont what is the ZOS' problem with magick players

Destro has a really nice AOE root. Magicka form of bombard
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Its absolutely possible 1v1 to fully charge purifying light, but very difficult. Fought magdk last night and as soon as he saw that *** he blocked, negating built up damage. At the same time ive had it on me 1v1 and didnt purge but it hit me with a VERY well timed dawnbreaker of smitting...RIP for my Light armor templar

Anyway, i agree that templars dont have everything, but nothing wrong with taking advantage of every skill available to you. I mean all classes would effed if it werent for entropy or inner light, especially in non cp pvp. I personally think they should not worry so much about giving classes buffs they lack, rather give all classes a skill that one or two lack. For example, instead of giving DKs an execute, put one in mages guild or something similar. Instead of giving templar a group root put it in desty line. Looking at you ice staff XD.

i like it bro. two handed has execute and fighters guild has root, i dont what is the ZOS' problem with magick players

only chilled enemies is not good. does any class use equilibrium or is another unuseless skill?
    Edited by LordSlif on March 22, 2017 2:17AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

only chilled enemies is not good. does any class use equilibrium or is another unuseless skill?

It seems to work more st the time on a second tic.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    Lol, no you don't need roots and such. There are classes that don't have everything a Templar has, you don't need every little thing. The Jesus Beam nerf was the right move too. Templars are still very viable in PVE and PVP.

Every class has something special and unique, but It's not the case. All classes classes have roots except the templar. Its ígalité, we use AoE we need it

All classes have execute except the DK , all classes have gap closer except sorc , all classes have out of fight selfheals except nb. There is many things that some classes have and others dont.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Lol, no you don't need roots and such. There are classes that don't have everything a Templar has, you don't need every little thing. The Jesus Beam nerf was the right move too. Templars are still very viable in PVE and PVP.

Every class has something special and unique, but It's not the case. All classes classes have roots except the templar. Its ígalité, we use AoE we need it

All classes have execute except the DK , all classes have gap closer except sorc , all classes have out of fight selfheals except nb. There is many things that some classes have and others dont.

Not disagreeing but sorcs have streak. Not the same as a traditional gapcloser but still.

I agree with your point though. No class has it all. Nor should they.

Nb might not have heals but their dmg and mobility is real.

Dk might not have mobility or execute but they can be on your ass and pressure you like mad.

Templars might not have cc's but they bring sooo much utility and dmg.

Sorcs are squishy but highly mobile and insane burst.

Every class has something. Templars are the most forgiving class. NB's least forgiving. A good magblade however can be such a pain. So much inc dmg you dont know what to do but go full defensive. Fear and you're dead. If you do manage to go offensive -> cloack and reset.

This is from an AZ star standpoint though.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    I'm gone a few months and templars get nerfed even further, nice! Crescent Sweep is now physical? Who's idea was that? RIP magicka templar ult burst I guess? Any other nerfs I wasn't aware of? Do I need to go back and read the last 3 months of patch notes? >_<

Blazing Spear stun is gone and in return it has one more dot tick which is +2 seconds to duration

And all the enemy has to do is just stand still for 8 seconds in the AoE and you can take advantage of the huge extra 500 damage tick (PvP)!

Who needs CC with that kind of damage?!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol...yeah...another problem that seems to be a very common occurance between the mag/stamina are that so much of the magic stuff is cast time/ channeled. My magplar lacks a offensive burst ult. So do sorcs. But we only have ults that are EXTREMELY easy to counter. Example, meteor, just block, bubble, mist. Soul assault, just block bubble mist or LOS. They are so easy to see comming. I WANT CRESCENT SWEEPS BACK.

Another example. Volcanic rune...now dont get me wrong i LOVE this skill, great to put down on a door way to ensure they get smacked with it decent damage to it as well, also an AOE stun. Also can throw it down on a flag at a keep when ur keep is getting over run, very fun. But once again the BIG A$$ red circle and bright blue effects ensure that in open world only idiots would get hit by it, the time to charge is too long. Than again being a AOE stun it may be over powered so i dont know what they would do in this case.

I do have a root...ice staff, but forcing me to run a very specific wep for that is a bit rediculous. There are much better options than running ice staff for my offbar. Now in group play ok...i might see it, even then have to have another effect just for it to work, so i dont know maybe. Its not as surefire or effective as DK talons or the old bombard was.

As for a single target stun i have replaced toppling with aurora javy. I like it better although some may dissagree. It can be cast right on top of ur enemy and it can be cast to stop ur enemy at range from doing somthing you dont like, also doing this faster than charge.

It would be easier on them if they just fixedthese things from non class skill lines...plus im tired of them balancing my class XD
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol...yeah...another problem that seems to be a very common occurance between the mag/stamina are that so much of the magic stuff is cast time/ channeled. My magplar lacks a offensive burst ult. So do sorcs. But we only have ults that are EXTREMELY easy to counter. Example, meteor, just block, bubble, mist. Soul assault, just block bubble mist or LOS. They are so easy to see comming. I WANT CRESCENT SWEEPS BACK.

Another example. Volcanic rune...now dont get me wrong i LOVE this skill, great to put down on a door way to ensure they get smacked with it decent damage to it as well, also an AOE stun. Also can throw it down on a flag at a keep when ur keep is getting over run, very fun. But once again the BIG A$$ red circle and bright blue effects ensure that in open world only idiots would get hit by it, the time to charge is too long. Than again being a AOE stun it may be over powered so i dont know what they would do in this case.

I do have a root...ice staff, but forcing me to run a very specific wep for that is a bit rediculous. There are much better options than running ice staff for my offbar. Now in group play ok...i might see it, even then have to have another effect just for it to work, so i dont know maybe. Its not as surefire or effective as DK talons or the old bombard was.

As for a single target stun i have replaced toppling with aurora javy. I like it better although some may dissagree. It can be cast right on top of ur enemy and it can be cast to stop ur enemy at range from doing somthing you dont like, also doing this faster than charge.

It would be easier on them if they just fixedthese things from non class skill lines...plus im tired of them balancing my class XD

WE need crescent back all templars
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, i agree that templars dont have everything, but nothing wrong with taking advantage of every skill available to you.[/b] I mean all classes would effed if it werent for entropy or inner light, especially in non cp pvp. I personally think they should not worry so much about giving classes buffs they lack, rather give all classes a skill that one or two lack. For example, instead of giving DKs an execute, put one in mages guild or something similar. Instead of giving templar a group root put it in desty line. Looking at you ice staff XD.

I agree with you, templars don't have everything nor do we need everything. However, putting every skill we have available to us is ridiculously difficult either because the skill is completely useless and was poorly designed, or because it used to be a usable skill, but was nerfed into uselessness. That goes for class skills and alot of skills in general. I think every class suffers from this though. I hope that one day, every skill in the game will be viable in one way or another, but that might be too much for ask for atm.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man. I wasnt saying that they shouldnt keep trying to make magplars class skills GOOD. But giving us new stuff is not terribly important in the class lines. Easier to balance if you give a new skill to ALL classes than just one
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last ESO Live they discussed their buff/nerf philosophy pretty well, and now they give insight on each change in the patch notes.

The changes to magplar...or any class...come from the data they collect on pvp battles across all platforms. When they identify an over or under performer, they seek to bring those abilities back in line with others. The nerfs to magplars mean there were a lot of them out there...not just a few...who were laying down significantly more damage and surviving better than other classes.

I've played ESO since the beginning. All of my toons have had happy and sad days following various patches. Overall the changes help the game evolve and stay fresh, and while I've whined about nerfs before too I've come to accept that they're a necessary and inevitable aspect of modern MMOs.

And I feel your pain...my magplar rules in PvE, then is a struggle and not very fun in pvp. But I'm going to admit to at least a little shadenfreude at the kick in the balls all the beam spammers got, lol. I was really, really tired of the stupid six magplar groups running up on players and bzzzzxt....bzzzzt....bzzzt...bzzzt. Yes, we get it. You all have opposable thumbs.

• LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    In the last ESO Live they discussed their buff/nerf philosophy pretty well, and now they give insight on each change in the patch notes.

The changes to magplar...or any class...come from the data they collect on pvp battles across all platforms. When they identify an over or under performer, they seek to bring those abilities back in line with others. The nerfs to magplars mean there were a lot of them out there...not just a few...who were laying down significantly more damage and surviving better than other classes.

I've played ESO since the beginning. All of my toons have had happy and sad days following various patches. Overall the changes help the game evolve and stay fresh, and while I've whined about nerfs before too I've come to accept that they're a necessary and inevitable aspect of modern MMOs.

And I feel your pain...my magplar rules in PvE, then is a struggle and not very fun in pvp. But I'm going to admit to at least a little shadenfreude at the kick in the balls all the beam spammers got, lol. I was really, really tired of the stupid six magplar groups running up on players and bzzzzxt....bzzzzt....bzzzt...bzzzt. Yes, we get it. You all have opposable thumbs.

Radiant nerf was the right thing, i have more than 4k hours with magplars and of course it was the right thing, but the spears stun, crescent sweep and some useless skills... why ZOS? What did u do? So please remove the minimun distance of toppling charge, you removed the spears stun i know you can remove this too :)
    Edited by LordSlif on April 6, 2017 3:51AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man. I wasnt saying that they shouldnt keep trying to make magplars class skills GOOD. But giving us new stuff is not terribly important in the class lines. Easier to balance if you give a new skill to ALL classes than just one

Crescent back lol
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Soris wrote: »
    I'm gone a few months and templars get nerfed even further, nice! Crescent Sweep is now physical? Who's idea was that? RIP magicka templar ult burst I guess? Any other nerfs I wasn't aware of? Do I need to go back and read the last 3 months of patch notes? >_<

Blazing Spear stun is gone and in return it has one more dot tick which is +2 seconds to duration

And all the enemy has to do is just stand still for 8 seconds in the AoE and you can take advantage of the huge extra 500 damage tick (PvP)!

Who needs CC with that kind of damage?!

Its a HITKILL bro lol
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree with this. I have 2 vet level toons and plan to make more just to ride the ebb and flow of the game. Right now; its my magplar and stamblade. Actually a pretty good pair as they are polar opposites. Although when I have my full weapon damage buffed up, rally and vigor do heal really well. Its just one is face tank sustained damage. The other is evade and burst. In PVE, the templar is a lot easier to solo everything.

In PvP the templar is favored in small to large groups to an extent. If its outnumbered a bit more than I can handle on my Templar, I favor the NB for its gank even with a small group. Just rather pick my targets, get in some rezes, burn some camps, and kill siege operators that are in zergs and are likely running siege given their numbers due to some other deficiency. Same goes for solo as a stamblade watching my factions zerg vs their zerg.
    Edited by technohic on March 23, 2017 2:03AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

I can agree with this. I have 2 vet level toons and plan to make more just to ride the ebb and flow of the game. Right now; its my magplar and stamblade. Actually a pretty good pair as they are polar opposites. Although when I have my full weapon damage buffed up, rally and vigor do heal really well. Its just one is face tank sustained damage. The other is evade and burst. In PVE, the templar is a lot easier to solo everything.

In PvP the templar is favored in small to large groups to an extent. If its outnumbered a bit more than I can handle on my Templar, I favor the NB for its gank even with a small group. Just rather pick my targets, get in some rezes, burn some camps, and kill siege operators that are in zergs and are likely running siege given their numbers due to some other deficiency. Same goes for solo as a stamblade watching my factions zerg vs their zerg.

solo templar is the problem
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyway, i agree that templars dont have everything, but nothing wrong with taking advantage of every skill available to you.[/b] I mean all classes would effed if it werent for entropy or inner light, especially in non cp pvp. I personally think they should not worry so much about giving classes buffs they lack, rather give all classes a skill that one or two lack. For example, instead of giving DKs an execute, put one in mages guild or something similar. Instead of giving templar a group root put it in desty line. Looking at you ice staff XD.

I agree with you, templars don't have everything nor do we need everything. However, putting every skill we have available to us is ridiculously difficult either because the skill is completely useless and was poorly designed, or because it used to be a usable skill, but was nerfed into uselessness. That goes for class skills and alot of skills in general. I think every class suffers from this though. I hope that one day, every skill in the game will be viable in one way or another, but that might be too much for ask for atm.

Magplar has many unuseless skills and this is a problem
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS never replied to the 60+ page of suggestions in the PTS forums, what, a year or more ago? Why would the listen to us templars now?
    Deacon Grim
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    ZOS never replied to the 60+ page of suggestions in the PTS forums, what, a year or more ago? Why would the listen to us templars now?

Hope bro just believe, hope never can die
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    give magplars blinding light back or a decent root or group stun...I'm liking the magickasteal, but we still lack quick burst that's not a channel and a proper cc. Toppling charge still is slow...speed it waaaay up and remove the stupid minimal distance needed to use it. Also do something with the "other morph of dark flare" or better known to magplars in Pvp as the worst skill in the game.

It's not useless. I can use it to brighten up a dark cave lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    give magplars blinding light back or a decent root or group stun...I'm liking the magickasteal, but we still lack quick burst that's not a channel and a proper cc. Toppling charge still is slow...speed it waaaay up and remove the stupid minimal distance needed to use it. Also do something with the "other morph of dark flare" or better known to magplars in Pvp as the worst skill in the game.

Solar barrage is a fart of fire. I dont know why this skill doesnt have heal debuff lil
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeze somewhere a tiny violin is playing
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Templars just slotted 5x BoL and rememberance? Or am I missing something?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alphaa wrote: »
    I thought Templars just slotted 5x BoL and rememberance? Or am I missing something?

Yep ult is BoL too
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solar barrage is a fart of fire. I dont know why this skill doesnt have heal debuff lil

It should give a status effect. Or maybe it's 4k dmg can go through block ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

_ _
    \(•_•)/. I have no idea why ZOS dont do it. Some problems with templars maybe

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

_ _
    \(•_•)/. I have no idea why ZOS dont do it. Some problems with templars maybe

As an AOE, I can see why they won't. But no one uses the morph because there are other aoe attacks that don't do crappy1k dmg for 4k mag after battle spirit. And you can gain spamable empower from inner light which would also buff up your main attacks more.

Last I played trials in pve, impulse outperformed this skill mostly because it cost less per cast.

It's a skill that was probably slated to be redesigned but ultimately got forgotten about when they had the original head devs jump ship.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say.... nerf em'.
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    all these nerfs and I still see 4 Templars radiant me at full health weird.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am sorry but any data indicating that blazing spear needed to be nerfed in order to simplify the easiest dps rotation in the game is bad data. Their reason for that change is just mind boggling. Even most anti-Templar are baffled by it.
    Juhasow wrote: »

I would trade you focused charge for bolt escape right now. I would even take the currently bugged bolt escape. I'll even throw in eclipse to sweeten the deal.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 30, 2017 6:43PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)