The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mandatory PvP for Veteran PvE Content?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this is a necro'd thread from March 2017, guys.
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    For vet dungeons, some skills are welcome but not mandatory unless aiming at an optimized group.

For vet trials however, caltrops and warhorn are really strongly recommended in most scenarios.

Edit: checked the date of the original post after I already posted my comment. *sighs* -> Thanks for bumping up old topics.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on January 20, 2018 5:15PM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP in ESO is NOTHING like the old days of Ultima Online. That is a completely unfair comparison.

As a moderator on the Stratics forums for UO, I know first hand that there is a community of folks that are so anti-PVP that they refuse to even give it a shot or try it... they just throw out these barbed comments and assume the worst. Everything they know about PVP is often from others complaining and not much actual game play experience. Coming here recently from a 20-year stint in UO, I can say PVP is tremendously more balanced and less risky compared to not only UO, but several other similar MMOs.

If you want to be end game, you need to play both PVE and PVP styles to obtain the abilities/passives needed to craft you uber-templates. If you don't wish to do this, you're going to have to find work-arounds and other set ups. The ESO developers shouldn't give an inch to those who want to have their cake and eat it too.
    PvP should be removed from ESO entirely.

Why?

EDIT:
    Ooops. Also did not see the OP thread date.
    Edited by MerlinPendragon on January 22, 2018 5:55PM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys can have your vigor-caltrops and warhorn when I can have my master/maelstrom/asylum weapons from PvP rewards.

Eye for an eye.

PvP players have to be actually top tier at PvE to enjoy veteran PvP. and yes, for certain builds those weapons are a must have.
    Meanwhile you can just join a pug zerg and farm it in a few hours.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 6:34PM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil towns dailies give AP too, am I right? Granted it’s going to take a few months to accrue the necessary AP to unlock skills like Warhorn and caltrops. I find PvP highly distasteful so I figure I might as well do these dailies in low population campaigns. It already takes me a few months to max out undaunted by only doing the delve dailies and the occasional solo normal dungeons.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil towns dailies give AP too, am I right? Granted it’s going to take a few months to accrue the necessary AP to unlock skills like Warhorn and caltrops. I find PvP highly distasteful so I figure I might as well do these dailies in low population campaigns. It already takes me a few months to max out undaunted by only doing the delve dailies and the occasional solo normal dungeons.

They give maybe enough AP to get you about halfway to Vigor if you do them all. However you can't do them all in one day because there's a limit on daily quests that can be done in one day - 45 if I'm not mistaken - which is a bit less than the total number of available quests - which is 50, since there are 10 for each of the 5 settlements. They are only worth doing once for the achievement, if you want Tamriel Hero title. I think there are some other similar quests from Fighters Guild that ask you to kill zombies, bandits, necromancers etc. but you need to invest in the last passive in Fighters Guild, which is not worth it. In the time it takes to do those quests you are better off actually PvP-ing.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    You know that PvP players are forced to do PvE?

Yeah, but ESO is a PvE game with a side of PvP. Not a 50/50 split