Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else think the thieves guild Heists are bull carp?

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. I hate them so much. The time penalty for being seen especially pisses me off. And the reward isn't good enough for me to spend the resources to specifically outfit my characters to do them when I will still probably fail anyway. As someone said before, it's a lot of RNG factor whether or not the guards or an NPC will pin you in a spot forcing you to be seen. The clunky Blade of Woe doesn't help either, with the heists or dark sacraments, and a lot of times I somehow get seen when assassinating an NPC even when I'm super careful about it. To me, anything to do with sneaking or murdering should not have a time limit. It should be about patience and careful decisions to move.
    NA PS4
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they where fun the first 2 weeks. But now I really dislike them.

I can't count the times I've had to redo the quest due to unlucky chest spawns, bugs/lags(like the kicked out of stealth when using a chest, or randomly exiting a hiding spot). Then how the NPCs sometimes stay and block the path I need to take for way too long makes them really boring.

I really wish they would make it like the DB daily where you can't be spoted 5 times, but you have an infinite time limit.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. I hate them so much. The time penalty for being seen especially pisses me off. And the reward isn't good enough for me to spend the resources to specifically outfit my characters to do them when I will still probably fail anyway. As someone said before, it's a lot of RNG factor whether or not the guards or an NPC will pin you in a spot forcing you to be seen. The clunky Blade of Woe doesn't help either, with the heists or dark sacraments, and a lot of times I somehow get seen when assassinating an NPC even when I'm super careful about it. To me, anything to do with sneaking or murdering should not have a time limit. It should be about patience and careful decisions to move.

For me, the problem with the time penalty is that we already get a penalty for having to stop and kill the person, even if we use the Blade of Woe. I get why they have the penalty. It is to prevent people from just going in there and laying waste to the place and walking away with the top reward.

As far as the Blade of Woe is concerned, we should be able to mix professions. If someone stops to kill everything, even with the Blade of Woe, they probably won't get done in time, even without a time penalty. Judicious use of assassination should be allowed in the Heists. For one thing, it is a way to catch up if running behind schedule. (Edit: we should be allowed to use the Blade of Woe a limited number of times without reducing the time. Like 1 or 2 times.)

As it is, a Heist is basically a ZOS interpretation of a Super Mario Brothers level, where timing and the proper path through the map is mastered to get the low time and maximum score.

Edited by Elsonso on March 11, 2017 1:51PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the heists over the TG's story. We went from the Gray Fox, and Nightingales to this garbage.
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    I was just ranting about this in another thread. I'll quote myself from there:
    Dao_Jones wrote: »
    It's not that Heists are hard - they're just annoying. I find it a little stupid that the most efficient way to get through them is to just dash in full cloak mode, pausing only to dodge blue rings. I also find it annoying that it's timed; stealth to me isn't about doing things quickly - it's about doing things quietly.

I'd much rather they were changed, such that there was no timer, but you receive a higher reward the more items you steal, and if you're discovered even once multiple guards pour onto the scene, and you're either overwhelmed, or you have to rush to find a hiding spot. (And "hiding spots" shouldn't be giant, obvious, stupidly placed Massive Baskets of Unsubtle Concealment, but rather corners, niches, or other more realistic concealment.) Likewise, they could heavily penalize you if you're spotted ("you have to pay more bribes").

I guess my point is that I think stealth is just poorly implemented in this game, period. :/
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sumisu1 wrote: »
    fake_pokemon__bullcarp_by_keesu29-d37w769.jpg
    very bull carp indeed

What zone and type of water do I find this in?
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"