Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Idea - Jumping - Add a small stamina cost?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Since everything except the standard jog and walk have a stamina cost, one could think that jumping is a physical exertion that's a little bit more than jogging. It's the opposite of sneaking.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 10, 2017 8:47PM

Idea - Jumping - Add a small stamina cost? 239 votes

Yes
15%
Gilvothkevlarto_ESOZardayneotis67DrazekCpt_TeemoKendaricIruil_ESOjbjondeaueb17_ESOKildayenStillianMicallefMirelurkdsalterFrozenAnimalrunagateQUEZ420HymzirGhostShadowsThePonzzz 36 votes
No
80%
IcyDeadPeopleTabbycatSolarikenvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514ColoursYouHaveXexpoWhitePawPrintsMojmirBowserBigBraggDaveMoeDeecavakthestampedeMalnutritionxaraanMadyBaron_AtjasAimoraOjustabooNeillMcAttack 193 votes
I Have Another Idea
4%
KochDerDamonenAcrolasenergonquadraxis666AhPook_Is_HereEdziuphairdonGargathSweetpea704Tommy_The_Gun 10 votes
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah. Those guys that jump around while they fight are a bit annoying lol
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, it adds very little to the game and would require rebalancing. If the cost is actually very small, it accomplishes nothing. If the cost is too large, you cripple builds just looking to avoid terrain obstacles leading to frustration. The effort to reward ratio isn't even remotely worth it.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it adds very little to the game and would require rebalancing. If the cost is actually very small, it accomplishes nothing. If the cost is too large, you cripple builds just looking to avoid terrain obstacles leading to frustration. The effort to reward ratio isn't even remotely worth it.

The idea would be to change the cost for jumping to be about 3-7% of max stamina. Such that it becomes the same cost for all builds. I'm not sure what builds actually use jumping to avoid terrain, as jumping isn't benefited by any set/cp/racial bonus in the game currently. it exists right now as a simple y axis acceleration.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fail to see the issue.
    The real issue is that auto aim somehow went away in the update before homestead.
    I can imagine it must be very anoying in PvP, in PvE issue is mostly to aim at the center of mass of bit boss making you look up while watching the floor for red.
    No idea if consoles has this issue if it will be way harder for them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Wha...what?! So we could no longer jump around and like, actually have to walk?

No way man!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Have Another Idea
    Like, what if they make tacos but they don't actually call them tacos. They could be Crispy Flatbread Meat Pies.

Or War Wraps, if they wanted to get all fancy about it. Although you don't really wrap a taco. Maybe, I don't know, a stew hammock? Fighters Guild might just like War Wraps for its simplicity.

Oh.
    You meant about jumping.

But I don't want to talk about jumping. I want to talk about War Wraps.
    signing off
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Feels good to kill the jumping bean that's taunting.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    While we're at it. Let's add a stamina cost to walking and running! LOL
    Edited by andreasranasen on March 10, 2017 9:08PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably getting closed since there's already a thread talking about this :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328185/should-jumping-around-cost-stamina#latest
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

And turning camera angles. Turning needs to cost stamina too!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Anything that costs resources should provide some sort of benefit other than to avoid getting hung up on a pebble that realistically could just be stepped over. So if you're going to be that person that looks for realism in a fantasy game, your poll should've been about improving character movement on terrains that aren't perfectly flat.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Betheny wrote: »

Breathing should cost stamina! Each breath cost 5000 Stamina
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Have Another Idea
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Since everything except the standard jog and walk have a stamina cost, one could think that jumping is a physical exertion that's a little bit more than jogging. It's the opposite of sneaking.

Running and jumping should be under athletics or endurance, neither stamina nor magicka. Should be equal for stamina and magicka players to be fair enough. Good old TESIII.
    Edited by Gargath on March 10, 2017 9:16PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Emotes should cost stamina! No more teabagging in Cyrodiil without paying for it!!
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What is wrong with you guys lately and this fixation about jumping???????????????????????????????
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Have Another Idea
    subtract stamina for running around the same object more than once within 30 seconds :^)
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

The idea would be to change the cost for jumping to be about 3-7% of max stamina. Such that it becomes the same cost for all builds. I'm not sure what builds actually use jumping to avoid terrain, as jumping isn't benefited by any set/cp/racial bonus in the game currently. it exists right now as a simple y axis acceleration.

Avoiding the terrain is the benefit! I'm convinced you're just trolling now.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Y tho?

XBox NA
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

Emotes should cost stamina! No more teabagging in Cyrodiil without paying for it!!

Yesss! Squatting on someones face gotta cost stamina HELLO?? lol
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First they would need to fix the issue where the screen says to push a button to interact/sit/open/loot/lockpick/steal but you follow the prompt and jump instead.

Last thing I want to do is use up all my stamina in WGT because my character insists on jumping instead of taking me to the lockpicking menu.

A fix for the bug where I will be 3/4 through rezzing someone during a boss fight when the game suddenly decides what I really wanted to do was check my inventory would be great, too.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. It would add nothing good to the game.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Why are people so against jumping...?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Character need to sleep to restore it.
    He is out drinking while you is AfK.
    You come back find your character in another city, very drunk. You think you templar has gotten an clanfear pet until you find ita an nude argonian maid painted blue thinking nobody would notice.. Game has just gotten more interesting and much harder. Why to you have an 3k bounty.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    So you're trying to bring logic into a game where performing a heavy attack restores stamina? Good luck on that lol. Btw if we're going to do that let's make it so staves can't block melee attacks since there's no way that stick wouldn't snap when I hit it with my greatsword.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cus they get destroyed in pvp by that guy while he's jumping like a madman B)
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Cus they get destroyed in pvp by that guy while he's jumping like a madman B)

I love jumping. I'm sooo much better when i jump around before a fight, during a fight and after i demolished you LOL. BUFF JUMPING 2017!
    Edited by andreasranasen on March 10, 2017 10:23PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is unnecessary on so many levels
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Avoiding the terrain is the benefit! I'm convinced you're just trolling now.

Yeah, its a benefit with no cost, that's the point.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesss! Squatting on someones face gotta cost stamina HELLO?? lol

It does, technically. if you move while teabagging you lose a minuscule amount of stamina from the sneak cost.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    First they would need to fix the issue where the screen says to push a button to interact/sit/open/loot/lockpick/steal but you follow the prompt and jump instead.

Last thing I want to do is use up all my stamina in WGT because my character insists on jumping instead of taking me to the lockpicking menu.

A fix for the bug where I will be 3/4 through rezzing someone during a boss fight when the game suddenly decides what I really wanted to do was check my inventory would be great, too.

huh, can't say I've ever experience any of those issues.