Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hair Color Options

Pumpkin_pants
Pumpkin_pants
✭✭✭
It would be cool if we could color our characters hair at the dye stations, or even be able to craft hair color at the alchemy stations.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And pleeeease let all races be able to use all the different kind of hair dyes!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Paging @Abeille ;)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really excited to get the mane of many rivers hairstyle, love the color streaks on my female khajiit's hair. Wish we had more like that, and really wish I could customize the colors. They'd be purple streaks if I had a choice.

Still waiting for a long braided viking beard for my male khajiit
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Paging @Abeille ;)

You must be a mind-reader! :P

This is my list of missing hair colors:
    Black for Altmer and Nord.
    Dark brown for Altmer.
    Red for Khajiit and Imperial.
    White for Bosmer.
    On a side note: The Crown Store hair styles for Khajiit that have a straight texture look blue-ish if the Khajiit has black hair instead of looking like, well, black hair.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille, this thread is in your area of expertise ... :)
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im against this wholly. Last thing I want is for everbody to have blue hair like japenese rpg characters of the mid 90s.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Im against this wholly. Last thing I want is for everbody to have blue hair like japenese rpg characters of the mid 90s.

Well, then you should support this, because Khajiit with (what they thought was) black hair that wear hearstyles with straight textures actually have blue hair.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hair Dyes - Coming to a Crown Crate near you" ;)
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

Don't hurt me like this.

Meet my characters:

Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Don't hurt me like this.

ZoS does the hurtin'. I just do the pointin' and laffin'.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    One way do to it would be to offer a pack in the crown store that lets everyone use the currently availible hair colours.

But also, hair dye crafting sounds kinda fun. Maybe it could use some of the current materials, and a liquid that can be purchased from alchemists for a small amount of gold.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    One way do to it would be to offer a pack in the crown store that lets everyone use the currently availible hair colours.

This would be fantastic.

Meet my characters:

Options
  • Pumpkin_pants
    Pumpkin_pants
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty disappointed when I got to the hair part of character creation and only natural colors were available as options. I was trying to make my toon look like me, and the limited hair color options made me fall short of my goal.

This would make me so sad. :'(

I highly doubt "everybody" would have blue hair.

Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty disappointed when I got to the hair part of character creation and only natural colors were available as options. I was trying to make my toon look like me, and the limited hair color options made me fall short of my goal.

This would make me so sad. :'(

I highly doubt "everybody" would have blue hair.

We would probably see about as much blue hair as we see big fat male orcs in wedding dresses along the same time frame. At first blue hair everywhere then players would think to themselves dang (I think I can use that kind of language here) everybody has blue hair and most would find something else.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    dang (I think I can use that kind of language here)

Dad, please stop. You're embarrassing me.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand your concern. But this line of thinking was thankfully shown to be unfounded when dye stations were introduced: There was a chorus of concern beforehand about hideous colour schemes from players etc etc. But it simply did not eventuate. The vast majority of players dye their character's armour in very suitable colours.

The same will be the case for hair colour.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen enough huge Orcs and Nords in tea towels to last me a lifetime!!! They make me think of mutant versions of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.

However, on topic, I think we should be able to dye hair whatever color we want....including blue! Or purple!!! Or hot pink!!! I vow to always wear pink in game from now until we can dye our hair and weapons whatever color we choose!!!
    Options
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes for eye color also
    Options
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Altmer needs black hair!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Oblivion colour sliders, whereby you could have blue, green, purple, etc...
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to a crown store pack similiar to the hairstyles no to being able to dye your hair at the dye station.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, make hair and eyebrow colors separate.
    @PelinalWhitestrake

I want this so bad. As for hair dyes, they could be sold in the crown store. Imagine a blonde or redhead Redguard with dark eyebrows. This needs to be possible :)
    Options
  • Pumpkin_pants
    Pumpkin_pants
    ✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Yes to a crown store pack similiar to the hairstyles no to being able to dye your hair at the dye station.

Why?

If fun hair colors were added as a crown store item, that would be some serious insult to injury for me.
    Edited by Pumpkin_pants on March 9, 2017 3:31AM
    Options
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer more natural colours for hair, but I am simply baffled as to why my Altmer can't have black hair. Other races are somewhat limited too. I don't see why we couldn't have a full range of naturals for all races.
    EU / NA / PC
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd LOVE if we could dye hair at the dye stations. <3 Dying hair is realistic, after all. ... Not that realism is required in a game where I can ride a giant leopard, but you know what I mean. ;)
    Options
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Elder Scrolls characters were suppose to look a bit dull and dirty. Keep adding amenities like hair colors, fancy mounts, and dyes and the nay-sayers are going to point out that we mmo'd ESO to death and are not worthy of the series. Tho the Skyrim mod community would cheer for us.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMFan1966 wrote: »
    I've seen enough huge Orcs and Nords in tea towels to last me a lifetime!!! They make me think of mutant versions of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.

However, on topic, I think we should be able to dye hair whatever color we want....including blue! Or purple!!! Or hot pink!!! I vow to always wear pink in game from now until we can dye our hair and weapons whatever color we choose!!!

I thought Orc/Nord in bath towels using the Duchess personality was the current meta....?

OT, hair dyes would be hilarious. I would make my Orc look like Noctis from FFXV. Except with hot pink hair.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if we could color our characters hair at the dye stations, or even be able to craft hair color at the alchemy stations.
    Definitely!

Would be even cooler if the dye washed out as soon as our characters fall into water... ;)

And it would be cool if we could unlock more permanent hair colors to use with a character recustomization token in the crown store. I know there are some deeply disappointed they cannot make an black haired altmer, despite there being some as NPCs in the game...
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I thought Elder Scrolls characters were suppose to look a bit dull and dirty. Keep adding amenities like hair colors, fancy mounts, and dyes and the nay-sayers are going to point out that we mmo'd ESO to death and are not worthy of the series. Tho the Skyrim mod community would cheer for us.

That's Skyrim, not the entirety TES series. I mean, look at Oblivion, the game that was the latest of the series when ESO's development started.

The nay-sayers know near nothing about the series. They worship Skyrim, which could be called "Gritty Dragon Game" and it wouldn't make any difference to them.
    Edited by Abeille on March 9, 2017 12:39PM

Meet my characters:

Options