The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should Meteor be unlocked on all characters?

• film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    I mean I don't actually know but I don't think I can level up Mages Guild as fast as just leveling to 50 (so Vampire skill line, Fighters Guild line etc). I mean, maybe on PC but on console with 1 mount speed + rapids going around while loading each page on a laptop/other monitor takes a long time and not to mention really, really boring.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • ral
    ral
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes because I'm too lazy to farm meteor. It will motivate me to farm if it means every other character is gonna have meteor :)
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied below
    After you get it on 4-5 characters the housing collections ahould work
  • BTHRZeroX
    BTHRZeroX
    ✭✭
    I replied below
    No and kinda

Basically once you have it on one character this goes for Mages, Figthers, Undaunted and Cryodiil Skill lines on your next character you gain boosted exp so if the first character got it with 1000 law books the next should need say 800-850 not that big of a difference but enough so you notice it
    EU AD PS4 Dragonknight - Werewolf
    EU AD PS4 Nightblade
    EU DC PS4 Sorcerer - Vampire
    EU EH PS4 Nightblade
    EU EH PS4 Templar - Vampire
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied below
    For console it should map the books on all characters after they have been found on another. For pc this isn't a issue, but console it is a pain.

So once you have found a lore book it will appear on the map for all your characters.
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, time syncs suck ... play the content once and unlock for all.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied below
    I've done it on 8 EU characters and 2 NA characters so 10 total. *** me its boring.....but fair. once I've gotten it- especially in under 50 campaigns of gone on a rampage of death and destruction. it shouldn't come easy that kind of power.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    56bbfc42081037ce43450c6d32ef4c5c.gif
  • WilliamofSomeRenown
    No
    Maybe this isn't the best example of something that should be made account wide, but there should absolutely be more things that are. ESO is a game that promotes build diversity and exploring different playstyles across a wide variety of characters, but making an alt requires jumping through a few hoops that you've already jumped through. Skyshard hunting, lorebook hunting, Undaunted Rep farming, grinding Alliance War, grinding class/weapon lines, feeding horses, researching traits, leveling to 50... Yeah, those grinds are there for a reason, and they should all, in some capacity, remain in the game.

With that being said, however, forcing players to go through that full grind all over again every time they make a new character doesn't really contribute anything to the game. Feeding horses isn't fun for most people, and neither is finding lorebooks that you've already found. All it really accomplishes is making it more discouraging to make an alt. The game should encourage players to make numerous characters, not scare them away from it by piling on mindless tedium.

Make no mistake here, I don't want alts to be fully leveled and have every single skill line maxed from the moment they step out of the Wailing Prison. There needs to be a middle ground between having players work to get their alts up to speed, but making it easier each time you do it in a way that encourages exploring the game's content.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head.
    • Leveling a character of one class to 50 grants an account-wide 10-15% XP boost to the class lines from other classes. For example, maxing out a Dragonknight would make the skill lines of your next Nightblade, Sorcerer, or Templar progress 10-15% faster. This would stack, encouraging players to make characters of every class to gain a much more substantial bonus to their XP.
    • Make horse feeding account-wide.
    • Completing a main quest in an alliance zone (such as Deshaan) grants an account-wide increase to experience in the main quests in the corresponding zones of other alliances. For example, completing the main questline in Deshaan grants an XP boost when completing quests in Stormhaven and Grahtwood (this would probably not apply to Cadwell's Silver and Gold).
    • Increasing World, Guild, Alliance War, or Weapon Lines to maximum rank grants you an increase to the experience gained in those lines on other characters.
    I think these changes would pretty well incentivize players to have numerous characters (and buy more character slots, ZoS), play all three alliances, and overall soften the burden of making new characters, while still preserving some level of effort required to bring a character to a competitive status.

I see your points with this message but I disagree. A lot of people want to decrease the grind and I myself have seen people leave the game because of it but that is a very small minority of people I know in this game. My friends and I have talked about it and have come to the conclusion that at this point in the game if things were made easier, it would cause people to get bored and leave and it would be a larger group of people than the people leaving because the grind takes too long.

While this game has a satisfying end game for me and my friends, there isn't that much to do at this time. There's pvp, trials, and pledges. I have seen more people leave because "They've done everything there is to do" than I've seen leave because the grind's too much. I think that if they made it easier to get to end game, we would see an increase of people in the "I've done everything" camp and the game would lose more people than if they left the grind. This is what disincentivizes ZOS from making things too easy.

I love this game and I personally want it to last a long time so that they can release more end game content (which they are working on). I'm not saying people who want things easier don't love this game but I think people who want less grind don't realize what will happen if they get their way.

I'll give you horse feeding though. That's just a pain haha ;)
    Edited by WilliamofSomeRenown on March 6, 2017 11:25AM
    Uncertain about uncertainty in Belkarth
  • Naerri
    Naerri
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Magic/fighters guild quest lines should give some exp too. Thats all.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Would be incredibly weird: to have all that knowledge from the Mages Guild books transferred into your brain from your other self from another dimension...

Dude, have you done the Mage's Guild questline? It qualifies as "incredibly weird" already. :D
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Meteor should be gained as every other ability in the game, makes no sense to have a lvl1 char with meteor ready. But the numbers of books required to unlock it is too high. If you read all books in your first solo-campaing, in Coldharbour, in Cyrodiil and in IC, you still haven't read enough to unlock it. That's stupid.
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As someone who is sooo not a completionist, doing this over and over for each character would be the literal definition of hell on earth.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Your characters are not clones of your main. Each character should have its own progression through the game.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • ralvdlindenpeb18_ESO
    Yes we should and also get 1 mil gold when we start and all the skills need to be lv 20 and evry crafting trait should be unlocks so we dont need to learn them again yess this is totaly what we need evrything should be unlocked......... NO stop
  • Naerri
    Naerri
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would be incredibly weird: to have all that knowledge from the Mages Guild books transferred into your brain from your other self from another dimension...

Dude, have you done the Mage's Guild questline? It qualifies as "incredibly weird" already. :D

Yes, I hate that so called funny Sheogorath stuff, but that is not the point. Every quest you do for Undaunted gets you faction exp. so why not have it here.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Naerri wrote: »

Yes, I hate that so called funny Sheogorath stuff, but that is not the point. Every quest you do for Undaunted gets you faction exp. so why not have it here.

*gasp* How can you hate Uncle Sheo?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied below
    At level 1? Of course not, Meteor is probably the strongest ultimate in the game, it makes sense to have to unlock it. But I wouldn't mind having Mages and Fighters guild skill lines synchronized for your account, only when reaching level 50.

In any case if you are having "fun" grabbing all the books, here's how you can make your life easier.

Obtain 5 piece darkstride set from guild stores, its very cheap.
    Obtain 5 piece fiord set from guild stores, its even cheaper.
    Buy GREEN quality stamina regen drink.
    Brew about 2 stacks of potion that gives major expedition or just use rapid maneuver.
    If you have levels in medium armor, use athletics passive.
    Change your mundus stone to the steed.

Now you are really fast. Like, "outrun everyone else in ESO" fast, depending on the terrain of the zone you are in, it can take you about 15-25min to clear its lorebooks.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    For console it should map the books on all characters after they have been found on another. For pc this isn't a issue, but console it is a pain.

So once you have found a lore book it will appear on the map for all your characters.

This is as far as I'd concede..! as for the rest.... Work for it ya moochers!
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes its a long grind and really really boring, atleast make it more interesting please dont want to have to do this for my warden when it comes out
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Disagree
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    maybe, Undaunted, Alliance and guilds should be account wide it is pointless to redo them on every single character

I highly agree. It just seems pretty pointlessly redundant after the 3rd to 11th alt, in my opinion. Kinda like how Vet Levels was back in the days. We remember those days right?
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. All the guild skill lines should be account wide.

Travelling across the entire map for 8 hours on every magicka character is not fun.

On console it must be an absolute nightmare.

I've done it 10 or 11 times on my EU account and 4 or 5 times on my NA account. On console.
    It's boring and tedious as ***.
    FG is usually maxed well before L50 as a side effect of grinding undead to level, but MG is utterly soul destroying the 15th plus time
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Unlocking meteor is the same as leveling a new character, and leveling skills to get morons. Grind, and grind some more!
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Azicah wrote: »
    Unlocking meteor is the same as leveling a new character, and leveling skills to get morons. Grind, and grind some more!

I realized I put morons, instead of morphs, lol.
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I would like for my horse skill tree to be account bound though ☺
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Sounds like a bad joke
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. All the guild skill lines should be account wide.

Travelling across the entire map for 8 hours on every magicka character is not fun.

On console it must be an absolute nightmare.

I've done it 10 or 11 times on my EU account and 4 or 5 times on my NA account. On console.
    It's boring and tedious as ***.
    FG is usually maxed well before L50 as a side effect of grinding undead to level, but MG is utterly soul destroying the 15th plus time

That's gross sir. You should be ashamed
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It shouldn't be automatically unlocked, but there should be a less painful way to level up mages guild fast, than lorebooks grind.