The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should Meteor be unlocked on all characters?

djdc1234
djdc1234
✭✭✭
:* after collecting all those books.. Who wants to do it again on another account?
Edited by djdc1234 on February 28, 2017 9:48PM

Should Meteor be unlocked on all characters? 360 votes

Yes
23%
Albino_Dunmerjosh.lackey_ESOWalkingLegacyCpt_TeemoMadyLordSockflizomicaM0biBlazedontyotanutGilGaladFalamorxSkullfoxMasterSpatulaTriddleAFrostWolfRawstQUEZ420silky_softFatSheriff 86 votes
No
73%
IcyDeadPeopleNestorImryllTabbycatCireouswayfarerxvailjohn_ESOk9mousetdannay_ESODeadlyRecluseWhitePawPrintsBaronh2oKochDerDamonenAcrolasNewBlacksmurfotis67FreemanOlernDominoidRemag_Div 264 votes
I replied below
2%
clocksstoppeBTHRZeroXTrueGreenSmokershadowwraith666Destyrantheher0notMercTheMagealexkdd99MakoForeVoidBiscuit 10 votes
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? Automatically? Or are you asking whether it's useful for every character to go through the effort to unlock it?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I wouldn't be opposed to it, but should they? No.

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No
    I did the book grind on 5 characters. Wasn't fun but should be "given" away.
    Edited by Koolio on February 28, 2017 9:46PM
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why? This doesn't make sense class and lore wise...
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Uhm, no.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Erm... why?

Why not make the progress for all skill lines account-wide? At least there wouldn't be any reason to replay the content on an alt anymore ;)
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    maybe, Undaunted, Alliance and guilds should be account wide it is pointless to redo them on every single character
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Woops, I voted wrong. I thought the question was "Should we have to do it again?" not "Should we get a free unlock."

Yes, do it again. Good grief, you already get all your CP handed to you. Progress your character. Why's everyone in such a dang rush all the time?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No BUT I do think that if I pay to make copies in my own home, if my Alts read those books, their rep should progress.

I don't think it should be automatic but work and effort could offer a QoL for future characters.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    maybe, Undaunted, Alliance and guilds should be account wide it is pointless to redo them on every single character

I'm quoting you because your name amuses me in ways that you may, or may not, have intended.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    While we're at it, lets make it so you don't have to do achievements again, and so you don't have to level 1-50 again, and so you don't have to go through character creation again...
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Wow, dude
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    And I am opposed to it. Alts already have a huge advantage on BWB why do they need another?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied below
    Honestly mages guild is probably the easiest skill line to level(excluding class skills) and there is no need to make it acc wide. On PC all you have to do is download "Lorebooks" and on console all you need is google to find a map displaying where the books are.

I wouldn't mind it but I don't see a need for it.
    Runs wrote: »
    And I am opposed to it. Alts already have a huge advantage on BWB why do they need another?

I'd honestly love acc wide achievments. Same with trait research and mount training, having to redo them brings nothing to the game
    Edited by theher0not on February 28, 2017 10:06PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Should the mainstory be completed on all characters after beating Molag Bal on your main?
    No!
    Should all skyshard skill points become available on all characters after finding them for the first time?
    Nope!
    Should exploration be done on all characters once you found a location on your main?
    Certainly not!
    Should research traits become done on all characters after researching them once?
    Njet!
    Should Thieves Guild and Dark Brothehood max for every character after you done it once?
    No way!
    Should any quests become completed on all characters after you done them once?
    Never!
    Should Riding be maxed for all characters aftre you did it on your main?
    I don't think so!
    Should Alliance Rank levels count for all characters after you PvPlayed for them once?
    Nein!
    Should Achievements be unlocked for every character after your main completed them?
    How about... no!
    djdc1234 wrote: »
    Should Meteor be unlocked on all characters after collecting all those books?
    Hell no!

Like all those things - if you want it on your alt, work for it on your alt. If you feel you can't be bothered - do without.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Your playing characters not templates.

If you really don't want to find all the lore books again, then forgo the Mages Guild Ultimate, there are better ones out there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The games not about us, it's about our characters. The difference is often subtle, but important.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Should the mainstory be completed on all characters after beating Molag Bal on your main?
    No!
    Should all skyshard skill points become available on all characters after finding them for the first time?
    Nope!
    Should exploration be done on all characters once you found a location on your main?
    Certainly not!
    Should research traits become done on all characters after researching them once?
    Njet!
    Should Thieves Guild and Dark Brothehood max for every character after you done it once?
    No way!
    Should any quests become completed on all characters after you done them once?
    Never!
    Should Riding be maxed for all characters aftre you did it on your main?
    I don't think so!
    Should Alliance Rank levels count for all characters after you PvPlayed for them once?
    Nein!
    Should Achievements be unlocked for every character after your main completed them?
    How about... no!
    djdc1234 wrote: »
    Should Meteor be unlocked on all characters after collecting all those books?
    Hell no!

Like all those things - if you want it on your alt, work for it on your alt. If you feel you can't be bothered - do without.

Boom.
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would be incredibly weird: to have all that knowledge from the Mages Guild books transferred into your brain from your other self from another dimension...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Folks are lucky ZOS made CP points account wide. Now folks want Experience to be account wide too? WUT?
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Asking for account wide achievements is one thing, but account wide skills? No.

If you account level mages guild, what about fighters, undaunted, TG, DB?
    If I already leveled dual wield on one character, can I have it unlocked on the others?
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. I have nothing funny or snarky to say here.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maybe this isn't the best example of something that should be made account wide, but there should absolutely be more things that are. ESO is a game that promotes build diversity and exploring different playstyles across a wide variety of characters, but making an alt requires jumping through a few hoops that you've already jumped through. Skyshard hunting, lorebook hunting, Undaunted Rep farming, grinding Alliance War, grinding class/weapon lines, feeding horses, researching traits, leveling to 50... Yeah, those grinds are there for a reason, and they should all, in some capacity, remain in the game.

With that being said, however, forcing players to go through that full grind all over again every time they make a new character doesn't really contribute anything to the game. Feeding horses isn't fun for most people, and neither is finding lorebooks that you've already found. All it really accomplishes is making it more discouraging to make an alt. The game should encourage players to make numerous characters, not scare them away from it by piling on mindless tedium.

Make no mistake here, I don't want alts to be fully leveled and have every single skill line maxed from the moment they step out of the Wailing Prison. There needs to be a middle ground between having players work to get their alts up to speed, but making it easier each time you do it in a way that encourages exploring the game's content.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head.
    • Leveling a character of one class to 50 grants an account-wide 10-15% XP boost to the class lines from other classes. For example, maxing out a Dragonknight would make the skill lines of your next Nightblade, Sorcerer, or Templar progress 10-15% faster. This would stack, encouraging players to make characters of every class to gain a much more substantial bonus to their XP.
    • Make horse feeding account-wide.
    • Completing a main quest in an alliance zone (such as Deshaan) grants an account-wide increase to experience in the main quests in the corresponding zones of other alliances. For example, completing the main questline in Deshaan grants an XP boost when completing quests in Stormhaven and Grahtwood (this would probably not apply to Cadwell's Silver and Gold).
    • Increasing World, Guild, Alliance War, or Weapon Lines to maximum rank grants you an increase to the experience gained in those lines on other characters.
    I think these changes would pretty well incentivize players to have numerous characters (and buy more character slots, ZoS), play all three alliances, and overall soften the burden of making new characters, while still preserving some level of effort required to bring a character to a competitive status.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Maybe this isn't the best example of something that should be made account wide, but there should absolutely be more things that are. ESO is a game that promotes build diversity and exploring different playstyles across a wide variety of characters, but making an alt requires jumping through a few hoops that you've already jumped through. Skyshard hunting, lorebook hunting, Undaunted Rep farming, grinding Alliance War, grinding class/weapon lines, feeding horses, researching traits, leveling to 50... Yeah, those grinds are there for a reason, and they should all, in some capacity, remain in the game.

With that being said, however, forcing players to go through that full grind all over again every time they make a new character doesn't really contribute anything to the game. Feeding horses isn't fun for most people, and neither is finding lorebooks that you've already found. All it really accomplishes is making it more discouraging to make an alt. The game should encourage players to make numerous characters, not scare them away from it by piling on mindless tedium.

Make no mistake here, I don't want alts to be fully leveled and have every single skill line maxed from the moment they step out of the Wailing Prison. There needs to be a middle ground between having players work to get their alts up to speed, but making it easier each time you do it in a way that encourages exploring the game's content.

• Leveling a character of one class to 50 grants an account-wide 10-15% XP boost to the class lines from other classes. For example, maxing out a Dragonknight would make the skill lines of your next Nightblade, Sorcerer, or Templar progress 10-15% faster. This would stack, encouraging players to make characters of every class to gain a much more substantial bonus to their XP.
    • Completing a main quest in an alliance zone (such as Deshaan) grants an account-wide increase to experience in the main quests in the corresponding zones of other alliances. For example, completing the main questline in Deshaan grants an XP boost when completing quests in Stormhaven and Grahtwood (this would probably not apply to Cadwell's Silver and Gold).
    • Increasing World, Guild, Alliance War, or Weapon Lines to maximum rank grants you an increase to the experience gained in those lines on other characters.
    I think these changes would pretty well incentivize players to have numerous characters (and buy more character slots, ZoS), play all three alliances, and overall soften the burden of making new characters, while still preserving some level of effort required to bring a character to a competitive status.

I could second this.
    Giving a bonus % to something is way better than..."oh, you did that; well here." Screw that man; griiiiiiindage...
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but they should include more mage and fighters guild quests and dailies to help level them up. Mages guild is absolutely hell to grind out.

That is why I only have one character with lvl10, my mageblade and my warden will be #2. After that? Never again.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It's no chore to track down the books on PC. It takes little effort to unlock Meteor, usually right around lvl 50 unless you try to get it earlier.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Which type of characters benefit the most from Meteor?
    Magblade, Magsorc etc.
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I could see something like this working.
    If I've leveled class or weapon skills to max, a xp boost for alts with the same skills would be OK.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. All the guild skill lines should be account wide.

Travelling across the entire map for 8 hours on every magicka character is not fun.

On console it must be an absolute nightmare.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 1, 2017 12:47AM