Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Get rid of Champion Points?

• Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm against anything that dumbs down skill mechanics, saw it in STO and was not impressed. Getting rid of CP is an excuse for those too stupid or more likely lazy to research build synergies. For those with the commitment to learn the rewards are there. It's a good system, perhaps a bit of fine tuning here and there but to remove it completely would be a retrograde step imo.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What is your problem with Champion Points OP? Did someone kick you from a group because you didn't have many or did some CP rank player on a <50 alt kill you in a duel?

Neither

Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Get rid them in their current state, have them do something different, the way they are now there is no build diversity also add back soft caps and hard caps to really help with build diversity like it used to be.

Have them add little perks to your play like feather fall, small leaps something other than a vertical progression need to be more horizontal, I would have rather kept veteran ranks if I knew this was how bad CP was going to be, also CP helps mask the cheating a bit and amplifies broken and exploitable game mechanics.

Should never be able to be a tank and deal massive damage or infinite resources in an mmo on the same toon, tired of combat that feels more like cod in an mmo also, when I want to play a shooter I will play a shooter not a mmo.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 28, 2017 12:40PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Your poll is unfortunately limiting. The choices are too narrow and it will skew the results. I think feel the champion system needs to be dramatically revised, revamped or even expanded but just removing it would not help. And this is coming from someone who mostly dislikes the champion system.

Expanding the system to offer more variety would be a good thing. Not, necessarily, more power, but just more ways to individualize our characters' builds? I'm all for that.
    Options
  • Drikk
    Drikk
    Yes
    I'm 600+ CP and i have done a lot of 1vX with my op stam dk. I think the non CP system is the best way to balance this game, i feel danger on the battlefield. Its just awesome. Remove the CP from the game pvp and pve.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Can you do vet dlc dungeons without dying with no cp
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If we get a massive buffs to replace sure but no way i earned cp just to get told no cp
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You sound like a communist god damn it
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No thanks, I like the liberty CP brings my characters (specially the mage Khajiit ones) and the cool gathering/harvesting bonuses.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nah... removing RPG stats management mechanics is the first step to "streamlining" (read: dumbing down) an MMORPG into a boring glorified Facebook game...like WoW.

Storyline and gameplay are not what makes an RPG into an RPG. Even Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto games have both storyline and gameplay.

Stats management mechanics are what really makes an RPG what it is. I like RPGs because I like tinkering with stats to see if the numbers go up or down while I play through the content. CPs offer a nice, account-wide, mechanic for doing that because I can experiment with the numbers on alts too.
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Keep them and instead of removing them from PvP;

Do the unthinkable, actually balance the game seperately in PvP so ability a) Does X in PvE but Ability A does X in PvP. Oh and rework CP and how they work.

Problem solved.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    No
    CP is the reason people grind so def do NOT take it away. That being said, there should always be events (cyrodiil campaigns, battleground campaigns, even a daily no-CP dungeon) weaved in Tamriel. This makes the game more dynamic giving the user more options for varied experience.
    Options
  • Drikk
    Drikk
    Yes
    No-CP is a fast and skill game.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    You sound like a communist god damn it

And you sound like you have no idea what communism is.
    Options
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure
    I would just like to see the return of soft/hard caps to make hybrid builds a viable option again but the CP system goes against that
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I would be OK with removing CP in PVP, or at least the perks. While we are at it all of the sets with a % chance of doing something special when you do something else can go from PvP.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Koensol wrote: »
    No. CP allows for more options to fine tune and specialize your builds. I like playing around with it.

Agree. The choice is good.

Besides, the vet ranks were part of a horrible short sighted design which is why they were removed.

Besides, to removed CP, besides the huge discontent of taking away what we have earned, character would need to be buffed to adjust for the reduced damage and survival or the entire game would need to be nerfed.

Besides that. Grabbing popcorn.

Options
  • Quodaax
    Quodaax
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but new here and new to the game. Would someone please explain the fuss over CP Champion Points and why they are a good and/or bad thing?
    Never was there a time when I did not exist nor you nor these lords of men.
    Neither will there be a time when we shall not exist; we all exist from now on.
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Quodaax wrote: »
    Sorry, but new here and new to the game. Would someone please explain the fuss over CP Champion Points and why they are a good and/or bad thing?

Champion Points are earned after level 50. They allow you to boost a wide variety of things like damage, damage resistance, etc. If you spend enough CPs, you will get bonus perks, like additional crit chance. There's a much wider variety of bonuses, not all are combat oriented, but you get the idea.

CPs are account-wide, so once you have them, you can also use them with any new level 1 characters you make.

They're basically the Paragon points from Diablo 3, if you're familiar with that system. CPs are slightly more robust than what was in Diablo 3, though.

The OP thinks they should be removed for..."reasons". Because I guess he thinks it's "exciting and chaotic" to not have them? I don't know, it's a weird thing to fixate on. He's made multiple polls about it this week.

It's really just another layer of character customization that adds a little more depth to the character builds.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on February 28, 2017 6:52PM
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yeah, things were more fun when there was no CP-system, Journey was actually challenging, dungeons were challenging. Cp-system destroyed the entire game, and all the hard work they put into it, was it worth it, thats good question.

Power-grab-chase endgame is just fail unless you've a ton and ton of players, I think Blizzard might the only company to pull it off.
    Edited by Sausage on February 28, 2017 7:03PM
    Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    FFS AZURAS STAR HAS BEEN NON CP FOR THE PAST YEAR. IF U WANT NO CP GO THERE, LEAVE OTHER CAMPAIGNS ALONE

note: not attacking you OP just an open letter to all who complain about CP
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no but after experiencing TF without CPs I'm definitely going to start playing the no CP campaign option.

IMO the game is so much more enjoyable without CP , however, I do believe in giving players a choice.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    CP is a good idea for continued progression on the pve side of things, mostly.

I do enjoy the non-cp pvp campaign the most though.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Hell no!!! it gives a higher level of customization to make up for racial passives and different builds.
    Options
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    In general I don't think they should be removed, I like the fine tuning the system can potentially provide. However, I do think ZOS should have separate champion point profiles for pvp and pve with different spending caps. For example, the pve spending cap would maintain its current course of X amount increase per major update, while the pvp spending cap would be froze permanently at 300 (or possibly even change values dramtically up or down every few months to shake things up).
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It'd be a massive step backwards to remove CP from the game. It'd also anger many long-term players.
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options