Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Get rid of Champion Points?

• PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Also, please, please people we need to stop using the term and action of nerf.

It is all any mmo ever does. There are other ways to balance a game. Here's a unique idea, buff the other classes instead.
    Why when people talk balance, it's always in the negative. If one class has success, the other classes want that class brought down. Why not bring the other three up instead?

I'm old (old as hell) I lived through UO, Everquest, and just about everything else up to and beyond WoW. Inevitably, what makes me leave an mmo eventually is, over use of the nerf gun. Eventually whatever classes I like playing, I stop liking, then I stop playing.

I'd love to see an mmo without nerfing, instead, fair and equal balancing that considers pvp and pve both for balance.
    Also, kill the paywall (the crown store model is stupid)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Personally I quite like the passives from the champion point system. However, if it was removed, I would love to see the CP passives reworked into new 2 or 3 piece sets.

I literally thought this as well! Would definitely add more variety!

Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Ah, I see the OP is on a 'champion points' bashing roll today... this is the second post trying to bash CPs. First it was about how CP shouldn't be account bound, now it's 'remove them entirely'. Perhaps OP should spend more time playing the game and less time worrying about how other people are playing it!

Been here since release bro :)

And it's just a question. I gave my opinion and answers. You've just voted no and given no reason for your vote, and instead just stated what appears to be a problem with what I'm doing. Give us a reason for your vote please :) Keep it friendly.

Ha! I don't need to explain the obvious, if I said YES keep champion points, it's pretty clear that I like CP... besides, based on what I've seen of your comments and replies to those who disagree with you, you only want to hear from those who agree and tend to bash on those who disagree. You act like you want a discussion, but you actually only want people agreeing with you.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    cjthibs wrote: »
    Newer players might not recall or be aware of this, but CP is not magically granting people 25% more damage or sustain compared to pre-CP mechanics.

When champion system was first implemented, the developers examined what were the exact maximum possible stats as of that moment for recovery, cost reduction, spell damage, weapon damage, etc, after removing soft caps.

Then they reduced these stats for every player and made it possible to reach the maximum possible stats again via a combination of gear, food, champion points, mundus stone etc.

What you are asking for is really return of soft caps, not removal of champion points.

IMO return to soft caps would reduce options for interesting builds and removal of CP would be the same kind of reduction, not to mention removing the sense of progressing we get from earning champion points.

Umm...nah. Capped damaged for example was like 2500. People are building up to 7500 damage now.

Exactly, those numbers were already the max possible without soft caps prior to adding champion system. CP never added anything extra. They removed soft caps, reduced everyone's base stats by X% and made it possible to reach those same numbers again with combination of gear, CP, mundus stone, enchantments, food etc.

You don't remember watching the developer video, where they explained the math with a pie chart display?

If you remove CP without reverting to soft caps, all you are just removing that portion of the pie.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 28, 2017 12:26AM
    Options
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ah, I see the OP is on a 'champion points' bashing roll today... this is the second post trying to bash CPs. First it was about how CP shouldn't be account bound, now it's 'remove them entirely'. Perhaps OP should spend more time playing the game and less time worrying about how other people are playing it!

Been here since release bro :)

And it's just a question. I gave my opinion and answers. You've just voted no and given no reason for your vote, and instead just stated what appears to be a problem with what I'm doing. Give us a reason for your vote please :) Keep it friendly.

Ha! I don't need to explain the obvious, if I said YES keep champion points, it's pretty clear that I like CP... besides, based on what I've seen of your comments and replies to those who disagree with you, you only want to hear from those who agree and tend to bash on those who disagree. You act like you want a discussion, but you actually only want people agreeing with you.

I actually agree with a lot of the opposing side tbh, I see it from their perspective and it is correct also. I can't reply to everyone, and I don't want to. Just because I don't reply, doesn't mean I'm sour or being a defeatist.

Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The problem is its so tied to the game that getting rid of it would be bad this game doesn't have a reputation or campaign system where you can still gain boons and other passives and nobody is going to play a game without some type of level 50+ character advancement so.... yeah
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Go to Azura's Star, seriously go there and you will see how weak you actually are without champion points. my magicka for example is 39k with CP and only 33k without CP, that is how much difference it makes.

Other then that this sounds like a L2P issue.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 27, 2017 10:10PM
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Azura's Star is where the real men compete.

Real men don't rely on viper and the other lame proc sets.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm in Cyro right now on PS4. Lag is actually worse and LONGER loading screens.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 27, 2017 10:11PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

They just incentivized the entire population to get into Cyrodiil...if you expected that this would just magically solve all lag problems ..well...don't know what to tell you.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    cjthibs wrote: »

They just incentivized the entire population to get into Cyrodiil...if you expected that this would just magically solve all lag problems ..well...don't know what to tell you.

It's Monday mid day. Not THAT many people on. Bye
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 27, 2017 10:32PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing them for PvP would make it more skill based. PvE still has some uses for CP with different build varieties.. But a complete removal would be awesome..
    I play how I want to.

Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope.

Those who spend more effort, should get something for that, a feeling of "ding - you got better" that comes with earning another c-point.

Anyone who doesn't like them - there IS an "CP disabled" campaign for you. Have fun!
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'd like to get rid of PvP instead.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'd rather not, as it allows me to build a good character without needing a specific race for their racial buff. As someone that neglected to spend CP when they were first introduced, when I finally got down to investing my amassed CP, I really felt the difference.

The chief complaint seems more to be for PvP and frankly if it's that much of an issue, then maybe just cancel it out in Cyrodiil, but for PvE, keep it around.
    Options
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Before I start off I'd like to say that three options isn't enough. Some people might like the idea of getting rid of Champion Ranks but may want to keep some of the features which make it good whilst others may vote to keep them but like to see it revamped for the better. For someone who wants an open and constructive discussion you sure haven't given voters enough open options.

Also, I don't want to jump on the two CR bash post bandwagon, but making two posts on the same day both attacking CRs does give the impression you're on some sort of crusade against the system. Before you get defensive, it's just my opinion.

Now on to the issue at hand. I'll be honest, I do see where you're coming from. You want to promote skill over perks, I get that. If we're taking about PvP, you realise that at least two servers usually have CRs off by default, right? If so then you should know that those two servers are made for people who do want a challenge and CRs are completely disabled to enable such people to have the experience they want.

In regards to PvE, I guess if you want a challenge then you can just pay 3k to take off all of your Champion Points and just continue without, but I don't really see what raw skill one would need to grind a bunch of enemies, or if anyone would want to spend time doing so anyway. If you want a challenge, just pay the 3k to have your CPs taken off. if you don't want grinds to become time consuming, spend those champion points on what you need them for.

In regards to Veteran Ranks I guess I do miss the system to a degree. I still refer to CRs as VRs and I wish they kept the cool looking VR shield symbol next to a player's level instead of that ugly CR star symbol now employed. Otherwise, the Champion Rank system works for most if not all players better than the Veteran Rank did.

So let's sum up my post. What you seem to fail to realise is that the CR system isn't really forced upon players. If you don't want to use the system you can take off any active CPs and go into Cyrodiil on a CR disabled campaign. All your points have pretty much been addressed by these two points alone. And you want the system removed? Yeah... not a good idea as far as the needs of the majority are concerned.

As far as I'm concerned your idea to remove the system completely isn't really as noble as you want it to appear to be, but rather a selfish attempt try to stir up an issue which No:1 didn't even need to come about, No:2 you haven't come up with any real compelling reason to make your argument worth fighting for or supporting, and No:3 there are already options available to players like you stated through my previous points. Again, before you get defensive, just my opinion.

So to answer your question, the answer (again, in my opinion) is no. The CR system currently in place was introduced because your preferred system didn't work for everyone. This system works for the majority, but gives players a choice whether to fully embrace it or not.

I feel like your argument is that you don't want to give players a choice (which funnily enough might explain why you've given too few voting options) and which is why you've made two posts attacking the CR system.

You can't make everyone like something and I can understand why people like you don't like the system. However instead of just ignoring the system completely by going with one of my previous suggestions you want it to be taken away from those who do want it which is very selfish.

The system has given you a choice whether or not to go along with it. Don't seek to take away other people's choice to use it.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Get rid of CP and transfer the system to the normal 1-50 level system to give it some more depth.

I really don't see the benefit to an ever growing level cap. A game should not be getting easier the longer you play it. You should constantly be challenged.

I find the whole concept of leveling to be extremely archaic.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 27, 2017 11:55PM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Removing them for PvP would make it more skill based. PvE still has some uses for CP with different build varieties.. But a complete removal would be awesome..
    Ok so done with main quests as in killing Molarg Ball, now its off to farm BSW, monster helm and then maelstrom weapon ?

ESO don't have an proper gear progression outside of that and the rng grind on the last part is insane.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unsure
    just halve impact, CP is to strong.

example: 25% to 12.5%

you get a buff but not as massive as current.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This would be well exciting and chaotic. Going back to proper raw damage based off your sets and weapon traits etc. I wouldn't mind it. Things were definitely more fun before CP. Although I find CPs awesome because I enjoy the passives in the Champion System. I don't think i'd miss them as much. I've been here since release and I loved the Veteran Rank system, despite it being long and arduous. Of course keep everything scaled to your level like it is now. Perhaps find a new way to keep the passives in the champion system without it affecting the time it took to get to CP600. I don't know, i'm just rolling it all out. I think it'd be fun to go back to being raw.

Should champion points be gone for good? Keep it friendly. List your reasons, it'll be interesting to see everyone elses take on this.

Lol is all I gotta say let's dumb the game down even more ?. The Champion system actually needs another layer to it not remove it
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would be well exciting and chaotic. Going back to proper raw damage based off your sets and weapon traits etc. I wouldn't mind it. Things were definitely more fun before CP. Although I find CPs awesome because I enjoy the passives in the Champion System. I don't think i'd miss them as much. I've been here since release and I loved the Veteran Rank system, despite it being long and arduous. Of course keep everything scaled to your level like it is now. Perhaps find a new way to keep the passives in the champion system without it affecting the time it took to get to CP600. I don't know, i'm just rolling it all out. I think it'd be fun to go back to being raw.

Should champion points be gone for good? Keep it friendly. List your reasons, it'll be interesting to see everyone elses take on this.

Lol is all I gotta say let's dumb the game down even more ?. The Champion system actually needs another layer to it not remove it

The champion system is what's dumbing the game down. Every quarterly increase buffs DPS and survivability substantially. The game just keeps getting easier.
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, cos CP is good, it makes each player different, you can increase on different areas.
    Pc na
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Get rid of CP and transfer the system to the normal 1-50 level system to give it some more depth.

I really don't see the benefit to an ever growing level cap. A game should not be getting easier the longer you play it. You should constantly be challenged.

Pure PvP player?

No CP makes perfectly sense in PvP, in pve its totally different, you go from normal dungeons to veteran and veteran dlc, veteran trials on top. Expect the new Morrowind trial and upcoming DLC dungeons to be harder than current.

Again ESO has no real layered gear system, WOW had an hard stop at level cap, you then had layers of gear on top, questing who you had at level cap, normal dungeons, veteran dungeons, raids and veteran raids.
    It also had an token system so people ended grinding veteran dungeons to buy trial gear :)

In ESO you have to grind an single player instance forever to get the best weapon, 8/9 of the weapons you get is worse than crafted ones even if correct type.

No not saying that ESO should copy wow here, but outside of some sort of end game leveling PvE and 70% of the game dies.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

The champion system is what's dumbing the game down. Every quarterly increase buffs DPS and survivability substantially. The game just keeps getting easier.

You know if you don't like the system you don't have to use it. Don't like CPs making gameplay easier for you? Either don't spend them or pay for them to be taken off.

Like I said earlier in my previous post. The system has given you a choice whether or not to go along with it. Don't seek to take away other people's choice to use it.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

You know if you don't like the system you don't have to use it. Don't like CPs making gameplay easier for you? Either don't spend them or pay for them to be taken off.

Like I said earlier in my previous post. The system has given you a choice whether or not to go along with it. Don't seek to take away other people's choice to use it.

You need to use them to be competitive in endgame.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    zaria wrote: »

Pure PvP player?

No CP makes perfectly sense in PvP, in pve its totally different, you go from normal dungeons to veteran and veteran dlc, veteran trials on top. Expect the new Morrowind trial and upcoming DLC dungeons to be harder than current.

Again ESO has no real layered gear system, WOW had an hard stop at level cap, you then had layers of gear on top, questing who you had at level cap, normal dungeons, veteran dungeons, raids and veteran raids.
    It also had an token system so people ended grinding veteran dungeons to buy trial gear :)

In ESO you have to grind an single player instance forever to get the best weapon, 8/9 of the weapons you get is worse than crafted ones even if correct type.

No not saying that ESO should copy wow here, but outside of some sort of end game leveling PvE and 70% of the game dies.

But you aren't experiencing real progress. A CP level increase makes all old content trivial, while making new content the same challenge as the previous content which was now trivialized.

Why not just keep releasing content at a consistently challenging level? Why does older content need to constantly become easier? That's artificial progress.

Leveling is an archaic mechanism in gaming that serves no purpose.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 28, 2017 12:38AM
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Zos will have to give me 2yrs of my life back if they do this
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They have balanced the game around it (such as it is) more importantly I don't play a game for three years to be less powerful than when I was in 2014.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options