The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Patch, Stats are 1/4 (ish) of what they were

Greenseer
Greenseer
After logging in, I turned in a quick quest and noticed the reward (in this case boots) the bonus stats were around 53, I looked at my current equipped gear and the stats too were in the 50's, this is odd since last night when I was looking @ my gear my stats were 200-300 (ish).

People in the zone are complain that there is some issue with scaling and zoning out to another fixes it or zoning into one zone or another causes the issue.

Known issue?

Edit: I just zoned into a solo dungeon and my gear corrected it self.

Does this some times happen after patches?

Edit 2: Zoned back into the previous area and they returned to the 50's.
PC-NA
Rorx Greenseer
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanted overland to be harder... :D
    Options
  • LoganEso
    LoganEso
    ✭✭
    Same here. At lvl 43 some of my stats are almost halved. I went "home" (the free Rosy Lion room), and the stats are back to normal (I think); although only until I leave the room, at that point they are much lower again. (eg: Spell Damage at 1100 instead of 2000).
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we're actively investigating this issue now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    I created a new discussion few days ago, but was told this is normal: same piece of jewellery in the bank, viewed from my 2 toons 2014 and 2017. Was told this is normal and how scaling works. Maybe this thread is reffering to something completely different. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322850/same-piece-of-jewellery-viewed-from-2-chars-in-the-bank

Options
  • Greenseer
    Greenseer

Awesome!

Some people said it was only in Deshaan but others said it's happening in other places too. For me it was Deshaan.
    PC-NA
    Rorx Greenseer
    Options
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    Just to chime in on this - when fighting world Mobs every other hit on my Mag Sorc is met with either resist or Miss are you actively looking into this also ?
    PC -EU
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auros wrote: »
    I created a new discussion few days ago, but was told this is normal: same piece of jewellery in the bank, viewed from my 2 toons 2014 and 2017. Was told this is normal and how scaling works. Maybe this thread is reffering to something completely different. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322850/same-piece-of-jewellery-viewed-from-2-chars-in-the-bank

If you look at the Salmon Millet (sp) recipe/food tooltip on a sub-champion character while in Craglorn, the stat values all show 0. Even if it is just a tooltip issue related to them being too low level to use it, it should probably return a value.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think something is really off here. I have bloated stats like 56k magicka, but my spell damage is reduced to 570.

Also, I think I've missed open world pvp feature in patch notes. I can attack sorceror's pets in places like Glenumbra or Bangkorai if their owner belongs to any opposite faction.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    I will update the thread once they fix it. Will go to same area though and check the thing - maybe in my case: a glyph has different values, depending on the level of my toon... will compare they are both same level then... This thread maybe referring to something else, I just don't know if the root cause is the same.
    Edited by Auros on February 20, 2017 3:02PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

I think something is really off here. I have bloated stats like 56k magicka, but my spell damage is reduced to 570.

Also, I think I've missed open world pvp feature in patch notes. I can attack sorceror's pets in places like Glenumbra or Bangkorai if their owner belongs to any opposite faction.

Cool!
    /joking (kinda)
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 20, 2017 3:03PM
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bf cant teleport anywhere with his character and his max character stats are completely broken. Huge amount of max mag, stam, health, recoveries. Extremely low spell power. Thats maxed out character with over 700CP points. I only arrived home so gonna see how is it with my game...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: Food buffs have no effect at all.
    Options
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering - how many things are being 'patched' or 'tweaked' (and possibly broken) during these updates that are *not* mentioned in the patch notes??
    Edited by StackonClown on February 20, 2017 3:08PM
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 2: Stats return to normal in any non-native location.
    In DC locations my stats are bloated, in AD or EP locations stats return to normal.
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says my spell power is 380, but in combat, I can still everything the same as normal, according to my combat log.
    Options
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new character (level 10) has only 5 700 in magicka, health and stamina - just been beaten up by a loan wolf...

Used a wayshrine to travel to the gold coast and back and now I have 20 000 plus in magicka, health and 19 000 in stamina (which is where everything should be)....

Off to look for that pesky wolf.
    Edited by Ragnork on February 20, 2017 3:39PM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP so have no idea what happens exactly, but is this issue perhaps PvP battle-scaling being wrongly applied in a character's native alliance PvE areas? If a PvP setting is being falsely set it would also explain people being able to attack other alliance characters' pets.
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Update 2: Stats return to normal in any non-native location.
    In DC locations my stats are bloated, in AD or EP locations stats return to normal.
    Guys, I think it's my fault.
    Cadwell offered me to take his Silver quest to go to DC/AD locations incognito. But I didn't listen. I teleported myself to Bangkori through the guild members list yesterday. And it seems like something gone wrong with a magic threads between Tamriel and Oblivion. I always known that Cadwell is not that pieceful fool he trying to pretend.
    Also, my health regen was broken in solo dungeon. And it also was happen yesterday.
    Edited by Ermiq on February 20, 2017 3:49PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options
  • Neol
    Neol
    Soul Shriven
    Seems like it doesn't affect the actual combat and its just a visual bug. At least for me.
    Options
  • FogZZZ
    FogZZZ
    ✭✭
    the game became really hardcore , lets raid mudcrabs!
    Options
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a DC player and the only zone I've visited where I get inflated stats is anywhere in Stormhaven. I tried a couple AD and EP zones and my stats were normal.
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any updates on this? Its pretty game breaking. My bf just started leveling up new char and I wanted also but he cant because he gets killed by cp160 wolf while having 4k health...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I tried to play abit on my low level toons, they can barely survive fighting a Kwama Worker.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to log in, but now I'm afraid... :|
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... what everyone's saying is tonight would be a good night to scratch that itch for playing some Toejam and Earl on Genesis?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this only affecting characters below level 50/CP160 or are people encountering such things on max-level characters too? Because it sounds like somehow the battle-leveling got turned off in some zones.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any updates on this? Its pretty game breaking. My bf just started leveling up new char and I wanted also but he cant because he gets killed by cp160 wolf while having 4k health...

Yep, we just identified the issue (it is indeed tied to battle leveling) and are talking through the plans for how and when we'll be fixing it. We will, obviously, fix it as soon as possible. Details to come...

Turelus wrote: »
    So... what everyone's saying is tonight would be a good night to scratch that itch for playing some Toejam and Earl on Genesis?

Not to derail the conversation, but this game rocks! My favorite was the second one. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, we just identified the issue (it is indeed tied to battle leveling) and are talking through the plans for how and when we'll be fixing it. We will, obviously, fix it as soon as possible. Details to come...

Turelus wrote: »

Not to derail the conversation, but this game rocks! My favorite was the second one. :)

You have fantastic taste in games it seems! (as if this should surprise us).

Still a couple of hours until I am home, so I'll await to see what's happening, but this seems like a good excuse for a night off ESO.

Knowing my luck I'll get home and log in to do the writs (as not effected) and it will be emergency downtime. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You might wanna consider taking down the server..

The stats in Stormhaven are way to high, that's not new, but the fact that some of the food buffs scale to this is.

To clarify: When I eat a foodbuff (which still gives stats, some give 0 according the description, some give like 17k health in Stormhaven) and then travel to a place where this bug isn't active like a dungeon. The stats of the broken foodbuff stay. So I run around with 35k health and 50k magicka (normally 21k and 37k) whilst all the other stats (skillcost, wep and mag dmg) go back to normal. This makes the game way to easy and van be exploited to the max....

Options