The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So Cheatengine is back?

• amanozako
    amanozako
    Ryuuhime wrote: »
    If that was the Phoenix set bug, wouldn't we see the animation of the set proccing?

No. Well the animation appears when the set does indeed proc on cooldown (every 10 min). So if you'll watch this player for 10 min straight, you're bound to see the whole fiery explosion of doom thing.
    However, since all the other procs are unintended UI-wise, there's no animation. Think of it as the same bug than the Hist Bark one. While the player exploiting Hist did see the "shuffle" animation with white streaks around his body, others didn't.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are certainly many ways to cheat it seems. Same two players farming resources and newer players, for days, are unkillable by ten ults from high ranked players. Later they'll switch it off to avoid being reported too often and possibly being banned, and while they may be good players, they die like the rest of us. It's so obvious!

On PC NA we all know who they are.

My main beef is that some of the cheats/hacks make everyone's ping rocket up and FPS nosedive...always when those players who are known to use CE are around. We see those same names each day, my ping hits 550-700 plus with only 4 people on the map.

It's hard enough to play with 360-400 ping on average, which is what most aussies have to play with on a good day. Apart from the infinite resource regen, and multi ults, full heals from 0 health, dying to lag induced by CE is just rubbing salt in our wounds. I just don't get cheating in a video game. I guess these players would cheat at solitaire. If I could curse them with Oceanic lag, I would!

I don't know how difficult it is to fix, or the reason some cheaters seem immune to the reporting mechanism and the ban hammer, but I wish some active moderating of accounts (not simply characters) in Cyrodil occurred. ie get a moderator to come out about 2.30 am US time, when whole groups start cheating, and just see it for themselves.

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    BuggeX wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    ZOS updates and implements checks and defenses for CE/3rd party software and someone with time on their hands updates cheat engine to continue working. Sounds like the normal struggle that takes place in the modern digital age.

Uh, no. Someone reading this might think ZOS does everything possible to limit cheating. It does not.

ESO does not have anywhere close the same kind of tools and policies to mitigate cheating as as games by companies like Valve and Blizzard do. ZOS is extremely negligent in this regard. It's hard to imagine they planned a competitive AAA MMO without any kind of robust anti-cheat tools.

ZOS only does what is extremely easy, ineffective -- and most of all -- inexpensive.

wow has tons of farm bots trade bots and more still, bots are Long gone in teso

also valves vac is a pice of *** that doesnt work near as good as many say. planty of utuber posting Videos of them cheating and vac does ***

You realise why wax crashed from 10kish to less than 5k on PC EU? Bots.

There was a recent wave of getting rid of bots only a week or two ago.

Yeah, long gone lmao.

the wax crashed cuz the instant repsawing pigs in carglon 1 year ago,
    leather is easyer to farm than ore or Wood.

i wish they would get rid of the ap farming bots in bleakers
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is truely just ***....
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS updates and implements checks and defenses for CE/3rd party software and someone with time on their hands updates cheat engine to continue working. Sounds like the normal struggle that takes place in the modern digital age.

Uh, no. Someone reading this might think ZOS does everything possible to limit cheating. It does not.

ESO does not have anywhere close the same kind of tools and policies to mitigate cheating as as games by companies like Valve and Blizzard do. ZOS is extremely negligent in this regard. It's hard to imagine they planned a competitive AAA MMO without any kind of robust anti-cheat tools.

ZOS only does what is extremely easy, ineffective -- and most of all -- inexpensive.

also valves vac is a pice of *** that doesnt work near as good as many say. planty of utuber posting Videos of them cheating and vac does ***

Yeah, long gone lmao.

I was doing dolmen achivements yesturday for couple of hours. Do you know how many bots i saw? A crap ton of them, atleast 50+ different ones. Every 3rd dolmen had a group of 5-6 ppl standing in one spot spaming HAs over and over again on exactly the spot boss spawns. On more secluded places ppl are running around farming mudcrabs, again groups of 3-6 ppl. If bot were gone, they are back now in force, its almost impossible to not run into them if your exploring around.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, long gone lmao.

Lol...

Wax was 10k during Soth patch lmfao. That isn't 1 year ago. 1T gave bots an easier time of farming leather because it was possible to farm anywhere with battle levelling.

Delusional...
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, long gone lmao.

Lol...

Wax was 10k during Soth patch lmfao. That isn't 1 year ago. 1T gave bots an easier time of farming leather because it was possible to farm anywhere with battle levelling.

Delusional...

yea maight be true with battlevling. however, homestead gave bots a awesome possibility to farm aps and the Prices for akaviri and cyro sets will drop such as the wax you mentioned. so you blame the wax bots but exploit ap such in the same way, pathetic.

well pretty much all sets including overland sets such as desert rose will drop to since they are buyable with aps to.
    not to mention the legendary necklace/ringes

so thus Kind of bots acctually destroy the whole market not only wax
    Edited by BuggeX on February 20, 2017 12:32PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • amanozako
    amanozako

Yeah, long gone lmao.

Lol...

Delusional...

yea maight be true with battlevling. however, homestead gave bots a awesome possibility to farm aps and the Prices for akaviri and cyro sets will drop such as the wax you mentioned. so you blame the wax bots but exploit ap such in the same way, pathetic.

well pretty much all sets including overland sets such as desert rose will drop to since they are buyable with aps to.

@KisoValley Uhm since when does Cyrodiil PVP give you Dreugh Wax, or am I missing something ? And you can't possibly be serious when you say that a dozen players farming 40k motifs during the night is somehow more gamebreaking than the many blatant bots running around every zone and getting way more gold than the PVPers could ever hope to accomplish ?

EDIT : My bad, had to reread three times to understand what he was trying to say.
    Akaviri motifs have dropped prior to this patch. Desert Rose being nerfed, its prices have dropped considerably too regardless of the amount of weapons available for purchase. Whereas for Spinner, Spriggan, Sun and all these fancy reward box sets, the drop chance is so ridiculously low, that the prices have stayed consistent throughout the first two weeks of the patch.

Your turn, Sir.
    Edited by amanozako on February 20, 2017 12:38PM
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amanozako wrote: »

Yeah, long gone lmao.

Lol...

Delusional...

@KisoValley Uhm since when does Cyrodiil PVP give you Dreugh Wax, or am I missing something ? And you can't possibly be serious when you say that a dozen players farming 40k motifs during the night is somehow more gamebreaking than the many blatant bots running around every zone and getting way more gold than the PVPers could ever hope to accomplish ?

EDIT : My bad, had to reread three times to understand what he was trying to say.
    Akaviri motifs have dropped prior to this patch. Desert Rose being nerfed, its prices have dropped considerably too regardless of the amount of weapons available for purchase. Whereas for Spinner, Spriggan, Sun and all these fancy reward box sets, the drop chance is so ridiculously low, that the prices have stayed consistent throughout the first two weeks of the patch.

Your turn, Sir.

im sry, im not talking with banned Players. there arnt on my Niveau.

but just to Name one, akaviri dropped for 15-20k the past week,
    Edited by BuggeX on February 20, 2017 12:45PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • amanozako
    amanozako
    amanozako wrote: »

Yeah, long gone lmao.

Lol...

Delusional...

Your turn, Sir.

im sry, im not talking with banned Players. there arnt on my Niveau.

but just to Name one, akaviri dropped for 15-20k the past week,

Uhm, what ?

And the list of Akaviri motif prices is as goes:
    100k AP motifs - 19-20k gold
    250k AP motifs - roughly 50k gold (with many selling faster at 45k and others like Maces or Axes being quite prized at 55k)
    500k AP motifs - 90k gold (chests have been selling for 75k due to the sheer number of them).

As you can see, the best value to invest in is the 250K AP motifs, which yield 50k for 1h30 of blood, sweat, toil, and tears shed on the battlefield. In 1h30, a bot with a good route can get you 50k worth of dreugh wax only, not to mention the other crafting mats like Tempering Alloys etc. (Thinking about the bots farming Bal Foyen for instance).

So I hardly see how roleplayers at Bleakers are the ones causing the economy to plummet.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amanozako Everyone hates roleplayers. They'll find any excuse to make us look bad.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is actually disingenuous of you to say. No one on these forums (or any other player in the normal course of things) knows why ZOS does or doesn't "do things". So maybe it is your opinion they don't have the best anti-cheat software out there because they are negligent, but you don't have actual evidence or answers to prove negligence on their part.

We have no idea what discussions and why certain decisions are made internally at ZOS. We may not always agree with what ZOS does or doesn't do (and it is surely our right to do so) but we can't just point the finger and say they are negligent. I have no idea why certain anti-cheat software is or isn't implemented. I don't know if ZOS had discussions or didn't, weighed the pros and cons of certain software, etc etc. I would give the smallest percent of a chance to the answer actually being ZOS doesn't care.

And quite frankly I finished telling you that Miat is ex-KGB and Spetsnaz.... He is a current player.... And your concern was solely focused on ZOS...?

Russia and the US are tight now, KGB is cool.

/s

And on topic; hate to break it, but as long as there is an online game and even the possibility to cheat, people will cheat. Unfortunate, but the reality of the situation. CE never left, it could have been upgraded or masked with additional software.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are just using apps like TriggerX with CE to trick ESO and make it seem legit.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /shrug

It's like people think Templars have a run speed buff, 800 stam regen max damage builds are sustainable, and the guys that seem to have dawnbreaker up 100% of the time is all "legit", or those guys that seem to attack twice as fast as you are great animation cancelers.

It's obviously not.

Worst part of it all is that some of the CE users probably got an invite to ZOS' player summit. Yah, Imagine that.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite thing is with Dodge chance being reduced 5% you would expect to see 5% less dodging.

You do, but the usual suspects still dodge everything... most of the time while doing nothing at all.

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing is with Dodge chance being reduced 5% you would expect to see 5% less dodging. You do, but the usual suspects still dodge everything... most of the time while doing nothing at all.

The dodge stacking bug is still going strong, it just takes more time to get up to a high percentage chance as you increase it by 15% each time rather than 20%.

# Dodge casts / Percentage Dodge:
    1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

So now it takes them 15 casts of a dodge skill when using the exploit to get up to 100% dodge chance. At least now it falls off if they don't refresh it every 20 seconds instead of being permanently up due to the Hist dodge bug.

EDIT: Fixed formatting
    Edited by Crown on February 20, 2017 3:08PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    My favorite thing is with Dodge chance being reduced 5% you would expect to see 5% less dodging. You do, but the usual suspects still dodge everything... most of the time while doing nothing at all.

The dodge stacking bug is still going strong, it just takes more time to get up to a high percentage chance as you increase it by 15% each time rather than 20%.

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

So now it takes them 15 casts of a dodge skill when using the exploit to get up to 100% dodge chance. At least now it falls off if they don't refresh it every 20 seconds instead of being permanently up due to the Hist dodge bug.

How do you know this? Have you tested it?
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

That explains a lot.

The lengths people go to to have a twitch in their epants - never cease to amaze me.

EDIT: typo.
    Edited by Arthg on February 20, 2017 3:53PM
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

So it's not CE, just some barswap macro thing or hold block and spin on head while emoting dance drunk crap?

So sick of those that aren't actually very good, being good because you can't freaking hit them.

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know, i dueled a guy the other day - magicka dk (im stam) and got my ass kicked. thats not unusual, im not awesome, not even close and in fact i just switched to a stam build and most of my skills are rank 2 or 3 but whatever, i get stomped and its fine i didnt think anything unusual. but after i lost the match, another Mag dk came up to me and whispered

"kind of strange right?"

and im like, "uuuh not really?" but then i look at who beat me, CP143 Former Emperor. Then im like, yeah that seems a little off. . . so then the other mag dk says "i beat him 4 times in a row easily, then all of a sudden he became unkillable and hitting very hard" - we discussed it and he issued his credential that he had been playing mag dk since launch yada yada yada. anyways, I missed out on the whole cheat engine witch hunt I just wanted to share my story because idk, its as pointless as this thread?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

I'm with Leif, you have proof of this? It would explain quite a bit.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it only happens in IC and it has something to do with the immunity you gain after changing district, just my own observation.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

From observation it's obvious there is a group of players abusing this.

It's been an issue for a long while now.

I can give you a hint about who... they mostly make 1vx videos and say salt a lot.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

From observation it's obvious there is a group of players abusing this.

It's been an issue for a long while now.

I can give you a hint about who... they mostly make 1vx videos and say salt a lot.

A sodium fetish you say? No doubt some elf or some Pact punk is behind the mystery door!
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not ignore that massive zerg at the end of the second video. By the Eight....
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    How about "fixing" it again ZO$?

Lets hope they haven't thrown away the bit of paper that fix was written on from the last time.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1 / 15.0%
    2 / 17.3%
    3 / 19.8%
    4 / 22.8%
    5 / 26.2%
    6 / 30.2%
    7 / 34.7%
    8 / 39.9%
    9 / 45.9%
    10 / 52.8%
    11 / 60.7%
    12 / 69.8%
    13 / 80.3%
    14 / 92.3%
    15 / 100.0%

Trust me, if Crown said it, he tested it extensively

This same bug existed a few patches ago, Crown reported it, it got fixed, and now it's back again

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RinaldoGandolphi @rfennell_ESO

I don't care if "it's obvious" or that I should "trust you." If you are going to make these claims, you have to provide proof. And yes, please do give me a hint who it is that is doing it.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    you know what though, I could see why people would do something like this to farm Tel Var or just to get Boss kills in Imperial City

there are a lot of cancerous people in Imperial City, to a point when its just not fun
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @RinaldoGandolphi @rfennell_ESO

I don't care if "it's obvious" or that I should "trust you." If you are going to make these claims, you have to provide proof. And yes, please do give me a hint who it is that is doing it.

Proof?

The fact that certain groups of players do nothing but dodge attacks isn't proof?

I've got videos and videos of it in action... all sent to ZOS. They did nothing to the cheaters.

The hint you require might really sour you on the game, it's all your heroes.