Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are stolen items good for something?

NexusRoy
NexusRoy
Soul Shriven
I just came across a purple item (Royal Brooch whatever) with 250 gold value. I was going to sold it but the fence vendor prompted me if I was sure etc. I've googled for it and seems like just a trophy item, so I sold it.

Did I do well?
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Those items are just things for you to steal, and then sell. Though when it comes to arms and armour you can break those down and make crafting supplies that don't count as stolen items.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "Are you sure?" prompt pops up by default because it detects you trying to sell an "epic" item.

But nah, they're just really expensive vendor trash :)
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they should remove the "are you sure?" prompt for stolen trophies. It must be confusing to new players because it implies you shouldn't be selling it.

Also, if you are into achievements, there's a bunch associated with selling and laundering stolen goods.
    Edited by Remag_Div on February 19, 2017 7:02PM
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Some people like to keep the useless rare things just because they're rare. It's an obsessive compulsive thing. If I didn't need the coin I might do that with certain items that I found amusing.

Too bad we can't place those items in our housing. Maybe I WANT a Creepy Monkey Puppet to scare off visitors or Erotic Argonian Etchings over the fireplace :D
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NexusRoy wrote: »
    I just came across a purple item (Royal Brooch whatever) with 250 gold value. I was going to sold it but the fence vendor prompted me if I was sure etc. I've googled for it and seems like just a trophy item, so I sold it.

Did I do well?

normally , only blue item have a 250 gold value , purple item have 1K gold value . a purple item with 250 gold value may be a furniture for home .

• EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Very vew of these stolen items can be used for housing. I stole I think more than 100 items and had only two of them that I could place inside my house. So chance is very low but it is possible.
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse the noobie question but Where exactly should I be stealing these items from? Still unsure how stealing and selling work in this game.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingKush wrote: »
    Excuse the noobie question but Where exactly should I be stealing these items from? Still unsure how stealing and selling work in this game.

Houses, containers marked as "stealing". Most common place you will see this is in towns and some camps.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.