The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did you nerf magicka templars?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Alright, so magicka templars have never been in the top of the food chain to begin with, which is why it baffles me that you decided to nerf them.

Two of the good abilities that magicka templar had was radiant oppression and blazing spear.

Radiant you decided to nerf for the fifth time. Or was it for the sixth time now? It was in a very good state before and one of the only reliable counter to all the dodge-rolling (which there is way, way too much of nowadays). It wasn't too powerful before, so the damage decrease was completely unwarranted. Why did you change it @ZoS?

Blazing spear was one of the few anti-zerg mechanics in the game, but with the removal of its stun, it is now utter garbage in that regard. And luminous shards doesn't fill the gap properly, so that's not really an excuse. Why change something that was working well, @ZoS?

Basicly you've taken two of the only a handful of good templar abilities and screwed them over - without giving them anything properly good in return. Why @ZoS?

Curious minds want to know - thanks.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Becuase it was easy mode...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with a 10.6k tick from radiant yesterday. Was wearing 5 heavy, all impen (the 2 others pieces didn't have any impen).

It was needed - and its still strong.

Edited by Biro123 on February 15, 2017 9:36AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    before or after nerf?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After. Surprised me too. I expect it had the full 330 (or is it 350% ? bonus to it for low health. At least I *hope* it did!
    Edited by Biro123 on February 15, 2017 10:15AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main is a Magplar and even I have been wishing for them to be nerfed
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Radiant was nerfed because it was overperforming in both PVP + PVE by a long way, Blazing Spear was buffed for PVE and the stun needed for PVP can be gotten from the other morph
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I got hit with a 10.6k tick from radiant yesterday. Was wearing 5 heavy, all impen (the 2 others pieces didn't have any impen).

I agree with radiant being nerfed, but if you are in execute range a execute should hit you for 10k
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »
    Radiant was nerfed because it was overperforming in both PVP + PVE by a long way, Blazing Spear was buffed for PVE and the stun needed for PVP can be gotten from the other morph

Semi agree on Radiant but ain't no way BS was "buffed" for PvE. The stun is gone, but the length was increased. Even if you say those two things are equal (and they are not) it was a net 0. The disorient on LS breaks immediately on any damage, which has a 25% chance to happen all the time due to Burning Light, and then you have to give up 10k DoT if you take that crappy CC option.

90% of people wanted the range of Radiant reduced, 10% wanted the damage reduced. ZoS went with damage.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    As has been said many times radiant needed a range nerf. Even with 21% dmg reduction it is still a death sentence if you are at 20-30% health. People are stil spamming it at full health from 40m away.

Luminous shards still stuns through block.

Templars are still good.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing Spear is deffinatly better in a PVE situation also makes rotations easier for newer players and the stun was a nuisance most of the time making mobs CC imune so tanks cant chain stuff
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You probably had 10 life. Execute would do that too
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing Spear is deffinatly better in a PVE situation also makes rotations easier for newer players and the stun was a nuisance most of the time making mobs CC imune so tanks cant chain stuff

Try to sell that to a templar trying to get their first complete on vMA.

OP: Just junk Blazing Spear and instead slot Backlash. Temps are still good, just got to play them a little differently.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You probably had 10 life. Execute would do that too

Probably. I was being focused by multiple people. That 10k hit was the standout tho.. (btw most executes seem to hit me for around 7-8k - thats including melee executes and thats the whole ability damage - not just a tick!

But that's a skewed view anyway. I suspect with radient, if I had enough health left to have needed that 10k hit to kill me - it would probably have ticked for a lot less.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant should never have existed. Nobody asked for it and all it does is make people cry all the time. Can we just have blinding flashes back?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hardly. Trash mobs are dead before the extra ticks anyways. It's harder to manage mobs in solo content without the stun. Also you dropped it in your sweep kill box next to the rest of the group. Templars stunning far mobs are bad templars. The extra ticks are bonus only versus a stationery boss, but than you probably lost more dps than that from the RD nerf. Which, by the way, still kills NPC and players alike, it just takes a tick or two longer.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    As has been said many times radiant needed a range nerf. Even with 21% dmg reduction it is still a death sentence if you are at 20-30% health. People are stil spamming it at full health from 40m away.

Luminous shards still stuns through block.

Templars are still good.

It does 1k per tick at high health now.
    You're having build issues if RD is a problem for you, because 20% is still normal execute range.

If I kill you with RD, it's because I caught you with a "dark flare- light attack-jav" combo first. Which dodge roll/block easily counters.

Btw the max range is 28m. You probably derp'ed at an enemy keep, which the assault passive boats all ranges to be buffed (you'd suffer from poison injection/snipe just as bad).

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait did you just say mag templars have only a few good skills?

Dark flare
    Sweeps
    Bol
    Radiant aura/repentance
    Ritual of retribution
    Channeled focus
    Vampires bane/reflective light
    Power of light
    Aedric spear
    Blazing shield

I agree that magplars have a few completely useless skills but other than the 2 recently nerfed skills (radiant oppression and blazing spear) templars have a huge variety of usefull and strong skills. I do wish magplars 2 ultimates (nova and praticed incarnation) would get different morphs.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Hardly. Trash mobs are dead before the extra ticks anyways. It's harder to manage mobs in solo content without the stun. Also you dropped it in your sweep kill box next to the rest of the group. Templars stunning far mobs are bad templars. The extra ticks are bonus only versus a stationery boss, but than you probably lost more dps than that from the RD nerf. Which, by the way, still kills NPC and players alike, it just takes a tick or two longer.

A 2 more ticks helps with the rotation
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I throw a Luminous shard and it auto breaks itself with a burning light proc I get more irritated by the blazing spear change. Magplar rotation is already one of the easiest in the game. The change was unnecessary.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    was hit for 14k on light armor all impen from radiant on one tick before..
    I'm a magsorc
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the removal of the stun was meh, zos should never have dont that, nerfing Jesus beam was ok. it was a spamable 100 to 0 dmg spam as execute, now ist just a execute
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar has the most complete toolkit of any class.

While some skills are clunky, BoL will also ensure Templar strength in the Battle Spirit meta.
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    was hit for 14k on light armor all impen from radiant on one tick before..

Ok and? What percentage of health were you at?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is definitely top of the food chain for group PvP. What really needs a nerf for magplar is that you shouldn't be able to be a healer and a tank at the same time. That's just bad gameplay design.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is definitely top of the food chain for group PvP. What really needs a nerf for magplar is that you shouldn't be able to be a healer and a tank at the same time. That's just bad gameplay design.

Been saying this for ever....Heavy Armor Templars have it pretty good right now but I know a certain someone who walks out a keep an dies to Stam NBs in 3 hits before he gets a chance to react....nub Templars ask for Heavy Armor to be a staple in any build. Because they want to Heal and Tank...it's a duel threat and it shouldn't be that way.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beam at full health because it's my only long range attack, and because it's not dodgeable or reflectable. Not sure why they didn't either (a) lower the execute bonus damage down to 250% (b) lower the execute range to 25%. Magplar channeled/cast time abilities which are a nightmare to use in PvP against skilled players, and we are missing some basic stuff from our toolkit that every other class has. (e.g. we have no Major Sorcery, no roots, no expedition.)

I think people whine about the beam just because of the visual effect makes it impossible to miss. I get killed by executioner much more often than RD, but it never feels as unfair as RD because it's a simple overhand swing instead of the RD animation which really just rubs salt into the wound. As far as executes go, I think Mage's Fury is best in just about every way. I get more KB's on sorc than templar. And trust me, I beam a lot of people.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 18, 2017 6:53PM
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP: Just junk Blazing Spear and instead slot Backlash. Temps are still good, just got to play them a little differently.

I found Magplar to be pretty easy for vMA
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as executes go, I think Mage's Fury is best in just about every way.

Mage's Fury is just as, if not more annoying than radiant.. due to the lingering effect of it.. and sorcs double dip, since Implosion is another execute (which also works from 41m range and turns most attacks/skills into an execute, not just 1 skill).
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I found Magplar to be pretty easy for vMA

Are you talking before or after the update?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10 troll post. Please buff templar - most underused and overnerfed class ever in world.