The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why did you nerf magicka templars?

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to backlash and restoring aura were significant buffs to the Templar class in my opinion.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because 90% of magplars could actually use this as their controller.
    Original_Controller__34879.1415631514.500.500.jpg?c=2
    Either jabs and beam or BOL and beam.

We still can. Seriously this nerf did nothing but help me.

- The damage is so low above 50% now that if I even cast one on accident I block cancel it immediately. It just works as re-enforcement of good habits.
    - I noticed a huge lack of beams last night. I'm thinking that the nerf scared off a lot of people. I would love to be the last beaming Magplar left.
    - Since I knew this was coming I spent a month trying to find out if I more enjoyed other flavors of Magplar. I didn't. So I went into the theory crafting vault and came out with a souped up insano version of my OG build from a year ago. Trust me on this ... if you can get your Magplar up to insano magic levels (I'm just under 48k) you can still fry anything. It's just an added benefit that I can still have 27k health and 32k in each resistance.

DPShealertank activated!

My only complaint is that @Wrobel completely ruined our best cc without fixing luminous shards.

Magplars would also appreciate a reduction in the Aurora Javelin cost. It costs about 800 more magic per cast than blazing spear did.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because 90% of magplars could actually use this as their controller.
    Original_Controller__34879.1415631514.500.500.jpg?c=2
    Either jabs and beam or BOL and beam.

Lol. You can do that with any class tho.
    Just like the 535725 snipers sitting on walls pressing one button, or the 1-button mag sorcs who zerg surf and press mage's fury.
    Potato mode is available for everyone just because the game is how it is.
    Edited by Lore_lai on February 23, 2017 6:01PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what you running
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    what you running

Here you go. Luckily I posted this earlier today.

---

I'll have to use estimates because I'm not in front of my console. I do PVP a lot, often solo but do group about 30% of the time. I rarely run dungeons but can and have done much of the vet content in a similar build. Still it's primarily a PVP set up. I've done away with my proc set.

Breton

Magplar: 48k magic, 27k health (in PVP), 10k stamina

7 heavy, Sword and Board/ Destro

5 Julianos (4 on Desto Bar)
    2 Magus
    3 Willpower
    2 unmatched monster pieces - Grothdarr for magic, I forget for health
    All magic or spell power enchants

1047 crit resist - I don't use impen. I get my CR from CP. My gear is infused on big and divines on small.

32k in both physical and spell resist while in my Templar circle. 27k when not.

My recoveries are like 750, 500 and 300. I heavy attack to recover magic often.

Bar 1: Harness Magicka Shield, Radiant, Pokey Sticks, Inner Light, Structured Entropy, Ice Comet

Bar 2: BoL, Templar Magic Recovery Circle, Mist Form, Rapids, SE, Destro Ult
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what you running

---

I'll have to use estimates because I'm not in front of my console. I do PVP a lot, often solo but do group about 30% of the time. I rarely run dungeons but can and have done much of the vet content in a similar build. Still it's primarily a PVP set up. I've done away with my proc set.

Breton

2 Magus
    3 Willpower

1047 crit resist - I don't use impen. I get my CR from CP. My gear is infused on big and divines on small.

Bar 1: Harness Magicka Shield, Radiant, Pokey Sticks, Inner Light, Structured Entropy, Ice Comet

If you're trying to push max magic rather than spell damage, why wouldn't you run 3 grace of the ancients jewelry and 2 willpower swords instead of 3 willpower 2 magnus? Should put you near 50k.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    and the crescent sweep best ult for duels now is a stam skill. RIP magplar
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they get rid of CP all ults will be equal again. I use DBoS for the stun.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Once they get rid of CP all ults will be equal again. I use DBoS for the stun.

yes, the difference betwen mighty and elemental expert, but for while is one more nerf
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Also - to the person saying that Cyro is full of Templars - please - I think I can count on one (maybe both if I try really hard) hand/s the # of Templars in Cyro who aren't just some tower mage beam spammer or bol bot.
    If that is what you call playing Templar then I'm not so sure about your judgement in regards to how the class should perform.

Whether you like it or not, it is very relevant. Heavy armour BoL bots have been dominating Cyrodiil for like 8 months now, because of (easy to pull off and) insane survivability and being able to project that survivability on everyone around them.

Has to be dealt with at some point if templars want to get some of their offensive capabilities buffed, unless you want picking templar over the other classes to become a no-brainer

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but don't you think giving templars some better options for offensive capabilities might cause some of them to choose to play offensively rather than being BoL bots?

Since you can't be offensive while spamming BoL, why do you want to preclude improvement to templar offense until heavy armor BoL bots are dealt with? I would reckon improving templar offense would be an effective way to deal with the heavy armor BoL bots that are, in your own words, dominating Cyrodiil.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 24, 2017 6:58AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Also - to the person saying that Cyro is full of Templars - please - I think I can count on one (maybe both if I try really hard) hand/s the # of Templars in Cyro who aren't just some tower mage beam spammer or bol bot.
    If that is what you call playing Templar then I'm not so sure about your judgement in regards to how the class should perform.

Whether you like it or not, it is very relevant. Heavy armour BoL bots have been dominating Cyrodiil for like 8 months now, because of (easy to pull off and) insane survivability and being able to project that survivability on everyone around them.

Has to be dealt with at some point if templars want to get some of their offensive capabilities buffed, unless you want picking templar over the other classes to become a no-brainer

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but don't you think giving templars some better options for offensive capabilities might cause some of them to choose to play offensively rather than being BoL bots?

Since you can't be offensive while spamming BoL, why do you want to preclude improvement to templar offense until heavy armor BoL bots are dealt with? I would reckon improving templar offense would be an effective way to deal with the heavy armor BoL bots that are, in your own words, dominating Cyrodiil.

yeahh, the game is reducing the magplars to BoL bots allways nerfing the offensive power, we have a lot of bad skills as solar barrage and healing ritual
    Edited by LordSlif on February 24, 2017 8:22AM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what you running

---

Breton

2 Magus
    3 Willpower

If you're trying to push max magic rather than spell damage, why wouldn't you run 3 grace of the ancients jewelry and 2 willpower swords instead of 3 willpower 2 magnus? Should put you near 50k.

Because it was in my bank. Haha. I'll take note of your suggestion however.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar needs a buff
    Edited by LordSlif on February 25, 2017 1:11PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Magplar needs a buff

Only DPS PvP magplar, and not buff but simple tweaks to improve ability to deal actual damage, clumsiness is outrageous.
    Healers are fine.
    Edited by Ashamray on February 25, 2017 1:18PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Magplar needs a buff

Only DPS PvP magplar, and not buff but simple tweaks to improve ability to deal actual damage, clumsiness is outrageous.
    Healers are fine.

Hahaha. Yes! Please give me another buff.

Guys ... if you pump all your resources into your magic pool you will feel almost no difference in power than before. We literally just got nerfed. I doubt they are gonna buff us already. L2Adjust.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar needs a buff

Healers are fine.

yes, magplar PvP DPS needs some changes, he has some useless skills: solar barrage, eclipse, aurora javeling, healing ritual and now lost the crescent sweep
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar needs a buff

Healers are fine.

Guys ... if you pump all your resources into your magic pool you will feel almost no difference in power than before. We literally just got nerfed. I doubt they are gonna buff us already. L2Adjust.

I don't think he is referring to damage buff. The class skills have always just felt clunky IMO.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar needs a buff

Healers are fine.

DPS PvP magplar lost a lot of damage and he never had a high damage
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, no point on Mplar to stack Magicka, because stacking of spd is just better. We are not sorcs to get benefit both in damage and defense, we don't use shields as effectively as they do, so raw spd > raw Magicka on mplar. Even boosted Backlash that scales of magicka isn't so important, because you often aren't able to charge it fully.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar needs a buff

Healers are fine.

We took a nerf. Blazing spear was essential for templars to 1vx. We dont have that now.
  • bubblebuttboss
    bubblebuttboss
    ✭✭✭
    the amount of solo and 1vx magplars running in cyrodil should be evidence enough that the class is lacking

6 or so months ago we were in a good spot against other classes, it felt balanced.

now...between the heavy armor meta, the DK buffs, every stamina class being able to *** you in 3 procs, er...i mean seconds. It just feels like....I dunno. It doesnt feel like I can solo well anymore.

on AD side I might be the only magplar that runs solo, and I dont do it because I win alot of fights, or feel OP. I do it out of sheer frustation, I try set after set, combo after combo, I finally gave in a went with a heavy armor BoL spam build. Atleast I can get a laugh before dying.
    Edited by bubblebuttboss on February 25, 2017 6:45PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, no point on Mplar to stack Magicka, because stacking of spd is just better. We are not sorcs to get benefit both in damage and defense, we don't use shields as effectively as they do, so raw spd > raw Magicka on mplar. Even boosted Backlash that scales of magicka isn't so important, because you often aren't able to charge it fully.

You might not use a shield but my Harness Magicka is around 9k in Cyrodiil. It's plenty good. I've tried both and spell damage makes the spells hit less than 1% harder and leaves me with almost 5k less magic after everything tabulates. I like this way better.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might not use a shield but my Harness Magicka is around 9k in Cyrodiil. It's plenty good. I've tried both and spell damage makes the spells hit less than 1% harder and leaves me with almost 5k less magic after everything tabulates. I like this way better.

I doubt that Harness is good on heavyplar. That's your playstyle though
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt that Harness is good on heavyplar, and 9k is still much worse than sorc or nightblade can reach, and damage shield nagates all your 30k+ resistanses. That's yours playstyle anyway.
    Edited by Ashamray on February 26, 2017 12:39AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

We are NEVER able to charge it fully
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Magplar DPS PvP
    The magplar was reduced to BoL bot
    Edited by LordSlif on February 26, 2017 12:36PM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what's funny?
    That so few ppl want to play Templar other than BoL bot or mage guard beam spammer, that no-one will even care.

And the "charts" will show that oh, look at that - plenty of people play Mag!Plar - omg, and the people on the forums say they are dominating PvP, so okay, team, move along, nothing to fine-tune here. Templars are definitely happy!

WTB CC-bot - paying in flour.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what's funny?
    That so few ppl want to play Templar other than BoL bot or mage guard beam spammer, that no-one will even care.

And the "charts" will show that oh, look at that - plenty of people play Mag!Plar - omg, and the people on the forums say they are dominating PvP, so okay, team, move along, nothing to fine-tune here. Templars are definitely happy!

To be fair, not everyone reads the forums or reddit so I imagine we'll still see plenty of magplars.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    You know what's funny?

To be fair, not everyone reads the forums or reddit so I imagine we'll still see plenty of magplars.

Oh, I don't doubt that.