The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

stealing and assassinations have gotten absurdly out of hand

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would just lead to more whinnying about Nightblades as I get done killing a NPC and kill a player security guard too . Then the town guard zergs would form , not that I couldn't get away from those too . I don't care if it ever gets implemented just let me kill guards and loot players that play guards .
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the system is fun, but that is what happens when you ask the player to kill thousands for an achievement. ZOS turned Tamriel into a slaughterhouse, not us.

Plus the guards say the darnedest things, so I commit crimes just to get arrested sometimes.
    Edited by Dark_Aether on February 16, 2017 7:52PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It's only because of housing. Stealing (and killing people to loot their corpse) is one of the best ways to find both furniture blueprints and certain furnishings. It also gets quite a bit of gold, especially if you're a casual/low level player and not up to farming or part of a trading guild.

It will die down once this update has been around for a while and everyone's stopped seeing it as the newest 'must have' thing.

(Although saying that I estimate I've got another 2 months to go before I can afford my house.)

I agree. It will die down as a PvE activity in cities that frustrates PvPers, just as dueling died down as a PvP activity in cities that frustrated PvEers.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't originally they were planning to have PvP bounties built in to the Justice system but then after player feedback it was removed?

I kinda wish it was put in, just to see how it would be.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    There is no challenge for the huge rewards they rake in for doing this.

But there could be...let us kill the players that have bounties.

This has been discussed so many times before, no. The problem with your solution is good thieves and assassins don't get bounties, so you don't get to kill the majority of the players you see running around murdering villages. Also, when TG was first coming out they were going to implement a similar system to what you are proposing, and ZoS stated that it was too easy to exploit and therefore would not be put in place.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title does not really match OP's post. I was expecting a complaint about how many times we have to watch bank security die screaming. Not that I mind personally. Just saying was not expecting this let us pvp complaint.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    Didn't originally they were planning to have PvP bounties built in to the Justice system but then after player feedback it was removed?

I kinda wish it was put in, just to see how it would be.

Yeah, that and ZoS said they couldn't find a way where it wouldn't be too easy to exploit it.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny for a game that glorifies and encourages stealing and killing, I don't see them ever implementing a FORCED way to stop such activity. Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of players DO NOT WANT forced PvP in PvE content.

Are duels forced?
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow,what a new and original suggestion!!

Wonder why noone has ever thought of it before.....hundreds,maybe thousands of times o.O

Get the *bleep* over it,it isn't coming,The end,stop posting these silly threads :s
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny for a game that glorifies and encourages stealing and killing, I don't see them ever implementing a FORCED way to stop such activity. Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of players DO NOT WANT forced PvP in PvE content.

Are duels forced?

no and they have an opt-out where you dont even get bothered.

matter of fact, for those wanting consensual cops and robber justice play there are several duel-based options available.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Fly666monkey
    Fly666monkey
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep asking for things the devs have outright said is never going to happen?
    "Let's be honest, I... don't always think my decisions through." -Sanguine
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This has been discussed so many times before, no. The problem with your solution is good thieves and assassins don't get bounties, so you don't get to kill the majority of the players you see running around murdering villages. Also, when TG was first coming out they were going to implement a similar system to what you are proposing, and ZoS stated that it was too easy to exploit and therefore would not be put in place.

Pretty much this. I'm one of those players that's been leaving a trail of blood and destruction across Tamriel the last couple weeks and I simply don't get bounties 99% of the time. I barely even come out of stealth. How would you catch me?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, mass murder always has a reason. Always. Probably people who feel that they prefer the Morag Tong (<3) and try to intimidate the Dark Brotherhood (<3).

I ain't taking sides, I love both assassin factions.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have collected about 140 blueprints/plans since Homestead release, most of which came from my thief. No way I give up the loot coz some *** has issues with the system. I gather OP is also a thief, based on some comments. If it's too easy to steal and kill in PVE zones, then just stick to checking containers in Cyrodiil.....there are plenty of gankers to give you the challenge you want.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ew... No. Go to Cyrodiil if you want to PvP. Or, the battlegrounds that are coming with Morrowind.

Keep the ganking out of the PvE zones.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreating Maneuver makes guards pointless!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would opt in but it's pretty obvious that the majority (of forum posters) do not want the PVP justice system. A pity, I think it would be fun & not the 'ganking horror story so many throw out there.

PVE guards are no good at catching criminal players. (Unless you are stuck in a room with them) They are too slow, too slow on the attack & give up too soon. If they weren't invincible to player attacks the place would be littered with their bodies as well.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Retreating Maneuver makes guards pointless!!

With preparation and the right skills or experience, most casual play is easy to get what you want and even survive a mistake or two.

Injustice is no different.

Folks aren't getting killed by sabre cats, zombies or mudcrabs during their grinding either.

What bounties and guards do is not so much catch the thief but serve as area denial while you have a bounty. Cant just traipse thru towns enjoying the vendors, bankers and craft stations and all that while bountied. Might can sneak around them or wear special gear but those are just ways to counter the effect temporarily.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry. I will unlock the paramedic skill line and resuscitate the NPCs.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hide yo furniture bluepints, hide yo crafting materials, and hide yo [Portable Chamber Pots] 'cause they stealin' e'rything out here!!!
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭

I know it was planned, but I'm honestly very happy it did not get implemented. Murdering players for using that content is not the right way to go about it. There's so much elitism spread through this game, and allowing players the opportunity to grief other players for using content that is delivering other content (recipes, ledgermain, DB / Thieves Guild story line) would be so backwards.

I do believe there should be an alternative means to acquire similar rewards, but bounty hunting players is just masking open world pvp in disguise.

No thanks.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    Sometimes, as an another filthy thief, having an DB genocide around has been beneficial to me. There's times where I got my eye on a nice safebox, and after some minutes of hiding in the corner and studying that couple of npc and a guard's routine I realized that they just won't leave it alone! I could kill them, but that's dangerous and bad for business. And then, someone in shrouded armor approaches, gives some nice stabs in my obstacle's backs and goes away being chased by the guard.

"Thank Sithis!" I scream in the corners of my mind.

One of the best interactions I ever had in the game was a similar situation. My sneak thief was dogging a safebox and the Argonian innkeeper just would.not.leave. So I sneak behind a divider to wait him out - hear an ominous gurgle, sneak out and there's an Assassin standing by the corpse - he gives me a thumbs up emote and leaves me to my now unguarded safebox. Good times.

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to get a blueprint by pick pocketing or murdering an NPC. I've tried. Must be a rare drop from them.

I have gotten them from containers and bags and as drops from mobs.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I have yet to get a blueprint by pick pocketing or murdering an NPC. I've tried. Must be a rare drop from them.

Same here.
    Delves with urns.

i suspect the injustice drop chance is tied to TG/DB ranks and achievements.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, and I suppose this was already thought of too;

I guess they could implement a battle level penalty + bounty system in PVP zones.

So theiving and murdering in a crappy way (that gets you unreal bounties) would bring very real consequences of getting your ass kicked in PVP , IF, you ever go there.

That way maybe one day I'd be able to kill people in pvp :P
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, and I suppose this was already thought of too;

I guess they could implement a battle level penalty + bounty system in PVP zones.

So theiving and murdering in a crappy way (that gets you unreal bounties) would bring very real consequences of getting your ass kicked in PVP , IF, you ever go there.

That way maybe one day I'd be able to kill people in pvp :P

So an AD stealing from and getting spotted by EP in PVE would be more easily KIA by DC in PVP?

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »

Same here.
    Delves with urns.

i suspect the injustice drop chance is tied to TG/DB ranks and achievements.

The 5 characters I have been farming NPCS on have TG and DB maxed.

I did get some in delves, also in trials with lots of lootables
    Edited by Katahdin on February 17, 2017 3:39PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't care about the material rewards too much. I am tired of seeing half a town's NPCs standing nonchalantly over their own recently murdered bodies, though.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Stania wrote: »
    Sometimes, as an another filthy thief, having an DB genocide around has been beneficial to me. There's times where I got my eye on a nice safebox, and after some minutes of hiding in the corner and studying that couple of npc and a guard's routine I realized that they just won't leave it alone! I could kill them, but that's dangerous and bad for business. And then, someone in shrouded armor approaches, gives some nice stabs in my obstacle's backs and goes away being chased by the guard.

"Thank Sithis!" I scream in the corners of my mind.

One of the best interactions I ever had in the game was a similar situation. My sneak thief was dogging a safebox and the Argonian innkeeper just would.not.leave. So I sneak behind a divider to wait him out - hear an ominous gurgle, sneak out and there's an Assassin standing by the corpse - he gives me a thumbs up emote and leaves me to my now unguarded safebox. Good times.

I didn't know you could assassinate innkeepers (friendly NPC's)... on XBNA we can only blade of woe neutral npc's and all innkeepers so far that I have seen are friendlies...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    theslynx wrote: »
    I personally don't care about the material rewards too much. I am tired of seeing half a town's NPCs standing nonchalantly over their own recently murdered bodies, though.

Same thing happens with NPC monsters. beating up on wamasu on top of their former carcass happens a lot.

the spawn time vs purge time issue has nothing to do with injustice content but it gets brought up a lot.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.