Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is tanking useless in pvp?

Gordon906
Gordon906
✭✭✭
Isn't pvp all about one shotting and disabling? What kind of purpose does tanking even serve?
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    I tank in pvp
    1)its fun to troll zerg when 60 people can't kill you at bridge
    2)it helps your raid. You spam Def skills, you concentrate damage on yourself
    3) good tank is capable to solo a keep
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    What build did you do? You sound very successful and I really need help.
    Edited by Gordon906 on February 12, 2017 2:35AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gordon906 wrote: »
    What build did you do? You sound very successful and I really new help.

He is most possibly a sun shield templar.

Tanks aren´t useless in PvP. A tank wearing storm knight and fasalla´s guile is a key player when organized "elite" guild groups are to be faced. However, you won´t receive a "thank you" unless the raid leader REALLY knows his stuff.

Sadly, you need to be hybrid magicka to perform such a thing; a stam tank needs to be a vamp to survive the incoming damage.
    Edited by Thraben on February 11, 2017 11:49PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    What build did you do? You sound very successful and I really new help.

I m more in love with dk tanks and dk healers in pvp. The dude befor me was right. I do have blazing shield Templar with infernal guardian set, green pact and plagua doctor. (Lord mundus no vamp) the templar build is just for fun.. kinda cancerbuild. If i have smth painful on me - cleanse ->profit. But also i have imperial dk with high ult regen) bloodspawn, tava, and dragon.(atronach mudnus,a vamp) On my way to farm the one of cyro 3 piece sets that decrease ulti cost. But the blazing shield templar with 40k+ health lives a longer.
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Is Atlas a good templar build? It is a healer/tank hybrid that uses Magicka and stamina. 5 light and 2 heavy though.
    http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-templar-tank-build/
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Atlas a good templar build? It is a healer/tank hybrid that uses Magicka and stamina. 5 light and 2 heavy though.

No, it is completely outdated. Besides, it´s a pve build. As a blazing shield Templar, you need mainly max life. Shield and Sword in the one hand, frost staff in the other.

If you use Infernal Guardian as a shoulder set, i would suggest the skills:

Shield Storm -> Bone Shield -> Blazing Shield + Absorb Magic + Structured Entropy

and on your back bar Purifying Light, Radiant Aura, and Ritual of Retribution.

For a healer/tank build on MagTemplar, just wear Reaktive Armor, Bastion of the Heartland, and Malubeth. The skills are pretty much the same as with a normal Templar.
    Edited by Thraben on February 12, 2017 9:06AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

No, it is completely outdated. Besides, it´s a pve build. As a blazing shield Templar, you need mainly max life. Shield and Sword in the one hand, frost staff in the other.

If you use Infernal Guardian as a shoulder set, i would suggest the skills:

Shield Storm -> Bone Shield -> Blazing Shield + Absorb Magic + Structured Entropy

and on your back bar Purifying Light, Radiant Aura, and Ritual of Retribution.

For a healer/tank build on MagTemplar, just wear Reaktive Armor, Bastion of the Heartland, and Malubeth. The skills are pretty much the same as with a normal Templar.

Can you add me on eso? I will need much more help.